Any updates on Dean Wilson?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/20/2019 9:10 AM

He’s anyone heard anything about Dean Wilson? Was it a Femur? Praying it’s not but really looked like he broke his Femur or his hip/pelvis.

|

Jamie Allen
President, CEO
Relentless Media Inc.
Www.relentlessmedia.com
984-365-6653

10/20/2019 9:30 AM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/22/2019 12:43 PM

He just posted ig story rolling out hospital. That is all.

|

10/22/2019 2:00 PM

He put out on his snapchat that he will be giving an update tomorrow.

|

10/22/2019 2:03 PM

Anyone else notice that Tomac was right behind both Jordi Tixier and Dean Wilson when they crashed in that Section? Not saying he caused it but must of been crazy to see both happen right in front of you.

|

10/22/2019 3:14 PM


And people snort this shit

|

10/22/2019 3:42 PM

Fucking Deano fell into a K hole, never thought I’d say that.

|

10/22/2019 3:55 PM

Off topic but I don't know what ketamine is but it sounds like the same sort of shit as morphine.. I was dosed to the eyeballs when I had my accident and I thought I was in a gothic dungeon with nurses doing that creepy as fuck upright floating instead of walking, I was FREAKING out and was sure my nurse was trying to kill me haha.. The doc brought me back just enough to tell me they were gonna continue with the 'drug run' for another day or two and I said nooo fucken way haha! He goes you might experience some pain and I said 'Man, pain I can deal with but that shit was fucked up'
I thank fuck I don't have the 'enjoy the trip' drug taking gene

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

10/22/2019 3:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2019 4:00 PM

Finally figured out why so many blank posts.

|

10/22/2019 4:45 PM


|

10/22/2019 5:23 PM

Ketamine has a much different mechanism than opioids.

It is now approved to treat acute depression, where someone is feeling extremely depressed, it brings people around instantly.

Ketamine is abused as a party drug, it's very insoluble and sadly people that abuse it and up with very badly damaged bladders because the drug can precipitate and form crystals in the urinary tract.

|

10/22/2019 6:38 PM

About 25 years ago I fractured and dislocated my hip during a Hare Scrambles. For a variety of reasons it took over 7 hours before the femur was put back into place by an ortho doc. Pain was off the chart. But, I distinctly remember having the sensation of floating over the table and watching the doc put my leg on his shoulder then leaning back, popping it back into place. Don't know what drug...maybe the same as Deano's....but it was some good stuff. The doc told me that because the femur was out of the socket for such an extended period of time, combined with the fracture that I would likely experience necrosis of the bones, and certainly need a hip replacement. No disrespect to the medical profession, but I healed up fine and didn't need a hip replacement. In fact, after a few months of recovery I was back racing MX (no more off road),.and like Grandpa Earl I'm still riding/racing and enjoying life. You got this Deano. Life is good, let's moto!

|

10/22/2019 9:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2019 9:06 PM

From Dean:
Dean Wilson: “What’s up everyone. First off I wanted to thank everybody for reaching out to me. I really appreciate it. I Was feeling really good, fit and ready for monster cup. Started the day off fastest in the first free practice & P3 in qualifier 1. 2nd qualifier I was putting 2 laps together. I jumped the quad the lap prior before my crash. As I came around the 2nd lap I hit the jump face a couple inches over from where I was the lap before. With the track being ran forwards and backwards I hit just a worn down part of the lip that didn’t give me the pop to get over it. I came up short and got ejected off the bike last lap of practice of course and suffered a fractured and dislocated hip. By far the most pain I have ever been in my life. I’m glad I waited a couple days to post this as I was down in the dumps but now I feel better and ready to heal up. I hate that this happened but it’s motocross this shit happens, I can’t control it. As much as I don’t really look at negative comments about me sometimes some people do piss me off with there arrogance and it will get the best of me. But it’s just the way it goes. I never wanted to be that person that was injured obviously. But that’s my journey and I’m gonna stick to my script keep working hard doing all I can to be the best I can. Thank you to my Team @rockstarhusky , My family , Friends and fans for sticking behind me – Dean”

Damn! Heal up quick Deano

|

10/23/2019 12:53 AM

Reading his latest post, he didnt make it because the track being run the other way had busted the lip off the jump... well done Ricky, well done.

|

10/23/2019 6:55 AM

TJ 755 wrote:
And people snort this shit

Its a fun drug yes. Also very useful.

|

10/23/2019 7:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2019 7:21 AM

I dislocated my hip six or seven years ago while racing. I was rushed to the ER and it was put back in place within an hour. I had no chips or fracture on the ball ,that makes a big difference in the recovery period and if there will be complications later. I was sent home that day in some kind of hip brace which I could not sit or lay with comfortably, so I removed it the next day . I was told no weight bearing for six weeks, I started walking two days later with a cane.
I went back to work the next week and I'm on my feet all day with discomfort but moving and walking. At the three week mark I was pretty much pain free with full range of motion. As I continued to move around the strength came back quickly. I gave it three months total for the muscle and tendons to fully tighten up then I started racing again. The hip felt great from the first lap as if had never happened.
I am not recommending this approach to disregard the doctors orders to everyone this is just how I did it .
I have always thought If you can move keep moving so you don't lose it.

|

10/23/2019 7:09 AM

TJ 755 wrote:
And people snort this shit

theesloth wrote:

Its a fun drug yes. Also very useful.

Yes, lots of fun.... until you start pissing blood.😮😮😮

|

10/23/2019 9:20 AM

philG wrote:

Reading his latest post, he didnt make it because the track being run the other way had busted the lip off the jump... well done Ricky, well done.

Soooo...you're blaming RC for a freak thing like the lip of a jump being broken off because it was being hit backwards? I mean...who could have seen that coming, or replicate it to make sure it didn't happen? I doubt anybody, including Ricky could have.

Well done, PhilG...well done.

|

10/23/2019 9:56 AM

GouldRacing25 wrote:

Anyone else notice that Tomac was right behind both Jordi Tixier and Dean Wilson when they crashed in that Section? Not saying he caused it but must of been crazy to see both happen right in front of you.

I caught that. I was confused when I saw the Tixier crash. I thought to myself "I already saw that". Wasn't the same guy also behind Tomac when both Dean and Jordi crashed?

|

10/23/2019 11:16 AM

GouldRacing25 wrote:

Anyone else notice that Tomac was right behind both Jordi Tixier and Dean Wilson when they crashed in that Section? Not saying he caused it but must of been crazy to see both happen right in front of you.

O&GDriller wrote:

I caught that. I was confused when I saw the Tixier crash. I thought to myself "I already saw that". Wasn't the same guy also behind Tomac when both Dean and Jordi crashed?

I wonder if Eli was wearing a GoPro or anything?

|

10/23/2019 2:54 PM

philG wrote:

Reading his latest post, he didnt make it because the track being run the other way had busted the lip off the jump... well done Ricky, well done.

davistld01 wrote:

Soooo...you're blaming RC for a freak thing like the lip of a jump being broken off because it was being hit backwards? I mean...who could have seen that coming, or replicate it to make sure it didn't happen? I doubt anybody, including Ricky could have.

Well done, PhilG...well done.

Anyone who ever tried to ride a track the wrong way.. it doesnt work.. jumps are never right, nothing flows , even on tarmac, its just wrong. And thats just regular MX

Supercross needs stuff to be right, if Tomac had wadded in a ball when he forgot where he was and brole a leg, would that be his fault too..Deano said the lip was blown out cos the track was run backwards... he is the one in hospital, i just echoed what he said, after saying as soon as they suggested it, that it was a dumb idea.. Tixier did the same thing. It added nothing to the show.

|

10/24/2019 8:18 AM

Dean is going to miss a lot... Probably the whole SX season. Will he be back for the start of MX? I doubt it... Broken and dislocated hip is 6 month to 1 year recovery.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

10/24/2019 8:41 AM

alien wrote:

I dislocated my hip six or seven years ago while racing. I was rushed to the ER and it was put back in place within an hour. I had no chips or fracture on the ball ,that makes a big difference in the recovery period and if there will be complications later. I was sent home that day in some kind of hip brace which I could not sit or lay with comfortably, so I removed it the next day . I was told no weight bearing for six weeks, I started walking two days later with a cane.
I went back to work the next week and I'm on my feet all day with discomfort but moving and walking. At the three week mark I was pretty much pain free with full range of motion. As I continued to move around the strength came back quickly. I gave it three months total for the muscle and tendons to fully tighten up then I started racing again. The hip felt great from the first lap as if had never happened.
I am not recommending this approach to disregard the doctors orders to everyone this is just how I did it .
I have always thought If you can move keep moving so you don't lose it.

I've had more longterm issues from joint immobilization than actual injuries. Being sedentary and casted or splinted sucks...ligaments and tendons immediately begin to shorten, requiring aggressive PT to get most of it back. Obviously broken bones need to be immobilized, but sometimes it's a tough balance...

Hoping the best for Deano!

|

10/24/2019 8:45 AM

philG wrote:

Reading his latest post, he didnt make it because the track being run the other way had busted the lip off the jump... well done Ricky, well done.

davistld01 wrote:

Soooo...you're blaming RC for a freak thing like the lip of a jump being broken off because it was being hit backwards? I mean...who could have seen that coming, or replicate it to make sure it didn't happen? I doubt anybody, including Ricky could have.

Well done, PhilG...well done.

I thought about it the first time I saw they were going to run the track backwards. I KNEW there would be carnage. It was a dumb idea. SX is dangerous enough as is. I guess next year RC will do a pool
Of sharks between the sand pit in the Joker lane JUST to make it interesting.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

10/24/2019 9:14 AM


|

2014 KTM 250 / Full Ohlins

imoto34 wrote:
Look at all that torque. The kid on the lawnmower may have laughed so hard he shat his pants.

10/24/2019 9:46 AM

Racer111 wrote:

I thought about it the first time I saw they were going to run the track backwards. I KNEW there would be carnage. It was a dumb idea. SX is dangerous enough as is. I guess next year RC will do a pool
Of sharks between the sand pit in the Joker lane JUST to make it interesting.

“MAKING HISTORY!” “NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE!”

|