Any update on Marty?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/18/2018 12:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2018 12:14 PM

My dude got schlonged hard in the first turn. It looked like he was on his bike at one point when the leaders can by.... but any word on his condition?

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

2/18/2018 12:35 PM

He posted on Instagram that he was ‘okay’ and will be back. But was going to get further evaluated this week.

He was also pissed off that the guys behind him didn’t brake going into turn one and punted him.

Photo

|

2/18/2018 12:59 PM

KirkChandler wrote:

He posted on Instagram that he was ‘okay’ and will be back. But was going to get further evaluated this week.

He was also pissed off that the guys behind him didn’t brake going into turn one and punted him.

Photo

Funny, they lifer in the beginner SX class complaining about other SX beginners.

|

2/18/2018 1:03 PM

Race in the support class and these types of things happen. Race in the premier class with other veterans, and your chances improve.

|

2/18/2018 1:03 PM

KirkChandler wrote:

Photo

RandyS wrote:

Funny, they lifer in the beginner SX class complaining about other SX beginners.

You sir are a complete goon

|

2/18/2018 1:06 PM

Barcia did.

|

2/18/2018 1:08 PM

Yeah, I was on the Davalos cashing in on the 250's and be done wagon. But the guy showed huge potential in 450's and deserved a ride. Not his fault this time around.

|

2/18/2018 1:09 PM

Its the regional class, these things are more likely to happen than in the premier class.

|

2/18/2018 1:12 PM

Andy_Greenney wrote:

Its the regional class, these things are more likely to happen than in the premier class.

Yeah tell that to all the guys in 450 class who've been on the ground in the first turn also. Happens constantly. The starts so important and 22 wide into one turn doesnt work.

|

2/18/2018 1:13 PM

Barcia turned down a pc250 ride for a privateer effort 450?

|

2/18/2018 1:13 PM

He defiantly has a right to be pissed, cause that was some bullshit, glad he's ok cause he was riding his ass off all day and looked fantastic.

|

2/18/2018 1:15 PM

Barcia bought his own bike and rebuilt his carreer.

|

2/18/2018 1:17 PM

Andy_Greenney wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Yeah tell that to all the guys in 450 class who've been on the ground in the first turn also. Happens constantly. The starts so important and 22 wide into one turn doesnt work.

Notice the words 'more likely'. Less experience + more youthful exuberance.

|

2/18/2018 1:17 PM

Sounds like this guy knows his ship. Not.

The 250 pro class the lap times are almost spot on with the 450 bikes with less power.

Tell us spizzy how many years have you been pro?

|

2/18/2018 2:07 PM

Someone should have gave the memo to Anderson last weekend about how you're not supposed to pinball dudes in the first turn then. It's not like Osby was in his first SX either. He just flat out torpedoed Marty and collected a bunch of other guys as well, totally affecting this championship in the process. Ferrandis and Davalos were probably the 2 biggest challengers to Zach, along with Smith and JMart. If I'm Osborne I'm feeling pretty good about things this morning looking at the points.

Anyway, Osby should be on the apology train all week.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

2/18/2018 2:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2018 2:35 PM

Andy_Greenney wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Yeah SX is too start dependent. imo
On one had people complain there aren't many battles, but then don't want to try new ideas.

I want it like almost all other motor sports, get the fast guys up front right from the start.

The guy that ran into Davalos had a fast lap of 56. The leaders were at 51. Why in our sport do we allow a guy that much slower to literally line up right next to the fastest riders? Where's the reward for being a fast qualifier?

|

2/18/2018 2:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2018 2:39 PM

I could get down with 12 on the front row 10 on the second row.

Might bring a little more action to the heat races too since it'd be a big advantage to be in the top 6.

Maybe having a slightly narrower start straight could lead to more track creativity too?

|

2/18/2018 2:42 PM

Im fairly certain a 250 team would have picked him up had he considered going that direction. But he didnt consider it because hes a veteran of the sport and knows where he belongs.
This mentality today of riders staying on small bikes until they win a championship, then defending, and then going up, regardless of how many years it takes is wrong.

|

2/18/2018 2:46 PM

Barcia has pointed out of 250 Supercross by winning 2 championships. He wasn’t offered a 250 ride because he can’t race 250s. He wasn’t offered a 450 ride up front because of his past 2 seasons of 450 results.

Davalos is still eligible for the 250 class, and was not offered a 450 ride of the equivalent level, so he continued with PC in the 250 class.

|

2/18/2018 2:47 PM

Says the douche riding a kids bike. Report back when you reach adult status.

|

2/18/2018 2:53 PM

Im aware of the hows and whys. I simply used him going at it on his own as an example.
Pointing out or not, a decade in 250s is not right, and I cant sympathize with Marty based on that decision.

|

2/18/2018 3:00 PM

jk367 wrote:

You sir are a complete goon

X2

|

2/18/2018 3:04 PM

This spizzy guys a tool. Lol

|

2/18/2018 3:05 PM

How is a decade in the pro class not right?

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

2/18/2018 3:14 PM

KirkChandler wrote:

Photo

Marty. It's "brake" not break. You fuggin idiot.

|

2/18/2018 3:16 PM

If it were me and I was being paid I'd keep doing it too. It's not like its an adult fighting a child. It's a pro, racing against other pros. Until faster people show up and take his ride away, why is it wrong? What are the ethical reasons I'm missing here? The feeder class is AX. Yet people make careers out of racing AX and I never see them catch any stink on the forums for it.

|

2/18/2018 3:43 PM

its ridiculous that hes still allowed in the 250s. same for osborne. of course THEY are going to choose the easy money and good ride, but there needs to be better rules in place to prevent the sandbagging. otherwise, what is the point of having a supposed feeder/professional 'entry level' class? 10+ seasons is friggin absurd.

|

2/18/2018 3:49 PM

AX is its own thing thats SOMETIMES used as a feeder to 250 supercross. big names spend very little time there before coming to sx. there needs to be an entry level class in the sport of supercross and AX doesnt really accomplish that. 250 sx class does. unless you have a bunch of 10 year veterans occupying the best rides and opportunities.

|

2/18/2018 3:51 PM

Andy_Greenney wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Indy mxer wrote:

Yeah SX is too start dependent. imo
On one had people complain there aren't many battles, but then don't want to try new ideas.

I want it like almost all other motor sports, get the fast guys up front right from the start.

The guy that ran into Davalos had a fast lap of 56. The leaders were at 51. Why in our sport do we allow a guy that much slower to literally line up right next to the fastest riders? Where's the reward for being a fast qualifier?

Exactly you get it. Nobody else seems to get it.

|

2/18/2018 3:58 PM

I can't understand why people who haven't amounted to anything on a dirt bike give Marty shit about still riding in the 250 class. The guy needs to make a living and he was offered one of the top rides in the 250 class. He's suppose to pass up the PC ride and struggle to put something together like Bowers or rider for no salary like Malcom? That's ridiculous. Plus if he managed to win a title he'd have a better chance next year of maybe getting a decent 450 ride.

And how is 250 SX a beginner class? These guys have been racing dirt bikes for most of their life, they should still know how things go at the start of a race and when to hit the brakes and not punt guys off of the track like that.

|