Any tracks you'd recommend in Arkansas?

NoahSuthy99
Edited Date/Time 2/28/2017 8:23pm
We are heading to Arkansas in April for a month, and since we are from nowhere near the area, i was wondering if you guys knew any good tracks in the state, because i have honestly heard nothing about mx tracks there. Thanks a ton!
|
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
2/27/2017 8:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2017 8:52pm
Ascot park comes to mind. But, havent been there in a while. Worth at least looking into. What part of the state are you going to be in?

Ascot is on the Oklahoma/Arkansas state line, literally.
CLT809
Fantasy
16th
2/27/2017 8:56pm
As far as the actual race tracks there, they are few and far between and depending on what you'd expect, you may be disappointed.

There are however, some cool practice tracks and public places to ride. If you're going to be near Hot Springs, be sure to check out Dirt Bike Mike's in Amity. He has a nice sandy track, a few turn tracks scattered around, several miles of fun trails, and an arenacross track. He only charges $5 in the mail box.

Another personal favorite is right off of the Arkansas river in Little Rock, a public riding area called Ott Park. It's about 70/30 side by sides and mx guys, but there is a super sandy and usually really rough sand track that you'll find if you follow the main dirt road about 100 yards before the river bank.

To the best of my knowledge, ascot mx park near fort smith, 870 MX in batesville, 101MX in Blackwell, and River Valley near Fayetteville, and River Ridge near mountain home are the only tracks holding races.

*almlost forgot about pine bluff mx. If you're a vet rider, you won't be alone there, the vet classes there are typically the biggest gates.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
2/27/2017 9:11pm
River Valley. Watts, Oklahoma by Siloam Springs, Arkansas.
Jake_CR250R
2/27/2017 9:17pm
Being from Southern MO I've heard good things about River valley, haven't been able to fine a place where they update about open practice though. Their latest website schedule is from 2015

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
2/27/2017 9:29pm
This has a phone number.

That June race is 2017.
NoahSuthy99
2/28/2017 9:52am
kzizok wrote:
Ascot park comes to mind. But, havent been there in a while. Worth at least looking into. What part of the state are you going to...
Ascot park comes to mind. But, havent been there in a while. Worth at least looking into. What part of the state are you going to be in?

Ascot is on the Oklahoma/Arkansas state line, literally.
We'll be in seford Arkansas
huck
2/28/2017 10:09am
Good folks in AR----you'll love 'em.
doubtful. Wink
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
2/28/2017 12:41pm
DirtBike Mike is good people, we had a good time at his place back in '07. I'd make it over there, if you have time !!
huck
2/28/2017 12:45pm
langhammx wrote:
DirtBike Mike is good people, we had a good time at his place back in '07. I'd make it over there, if you have time !!
That old coot is busy chasing the AX train around this country this time of the year. He posts on here, so maybe he'll drop by.
2/28/2017 1:33pm
Ascot has excellent dirt and is usually prepped. Dirt Bike Mike is a good dude so check out his place if you can.
mgifracing
Fantasy
357th
2/28/2017 2:01pm
Don't forget White Rock for non moto riding. Some of the best trail riding I ever went to. Just outside of Fayetteville in Cass.
Arkmx
2/28/2017 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2017 8:12am
CLT809 wrote:
As far as the actual race tracks there, they are few and far between and depending on what you'd expect, you may be disappointed. There are...
As far as the actual race tracks there, they are few and far between and depending on what you'd expect, you may be disappointed.

There are however, some cool practice tracks and public places to ride. If you're going to be near Hot Springs, be sure to check out Dirt Bike Mike's in Amity. He has a nice sandy track, a few turn tracks scattered around, several miles of fun trails, and an arenacross track. He only charges $5 in the mail box.

Another personal favorite is right off of the Arkansas river in Little Rock, a public riding area called Ott Park. It's about 70/30 side by sides and mx guys, but there is a super sandy and usually really rough sand track that you'll find if you follow the main dirt road about 100 yards before the river bank.

To the best of my knowledge, ascot mx park near fort smith, 870 MX in batesville, 101MX in Blackwell, and River Valley near Fayetteville, and River Ridge near mountain home are the only tracks holding races.

*almlost forgot about pine bluff mx. If you're a vet rider, you won't be alone there, the vet classes there are typically the biggest gates.
Lee what are you doing in TX now?

Huck's backyard was a good place to ride too! Had to watch out for Buffalo's though....

Been to all of the listed places and some that are no longer around.

Cedar Hill in Magnolia still runs once in a while too.

Never heard of "seford, Arkansas" and neither has Google Earth. Figure out where you are going and someone can point you in the right direction.

As mentioned... DBM's place is a good all around place to ride and camp out too.

Ascot and River Valley have the best dirt for Moto in the NW part of the state. (corrected)

Also some small & semi private areas to ride throughout the state too.

NoahSuthy99
2/28/2017 3:39pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2017 3:43pm
Arkmx wrote:
Lee what are you doing in TX now? Huck's backyard was a good place to ride too! Had to watch out for Buffalo's though.... Been to...

Huck's backyard was a good place to ride too! Had to watch out for Buffalo's though....

Never heard of "seford, Arkansas" and neither has Google Earth. Figure out where you are going and someone can point you in the right direction.

As mentioned... DBM's place is a good all around place to ride and camp out too.

Ascot and River Valley have the best dirt for Moto in the NW part of the state. (corrected)

My apologies, we are going their to work on the Sefor nuclear plant, it is actually located in West fork, Arkansas. Do you happen to know where that is or what's around it to ride?
crusher773
2/28/2017 3:42pm
Those 2 tracks are also in the NW area not NE. Didn't want you to head the wrong direction. Ascot is always a really good prep. It isn't a super huge or long track but it's also a fun track with safe obstacles for about everyone. My 65 rider loves it and I do too so it covers a broad spectrum.
plynn41
2/28/2017 4:23pm
An Arkansas rider here with first hand experience:

Ascot Park is always great. Owner is one of the best at creating a good racetrack, and changes up the design on a regular basis. Track has some small elevation changes and diverse soil types, including sand when the owner chooses to run through the track through it.

870 White River MX (~8 miles west of Batesville): Run by a former pro who also knows how to build a track. Is having regular races there this year. Quite a bit of sand. Is close to getting a LL qualifier I hear.

River Ridge Raceway (Between Mountain Home and Calico Rock: One of our favorites. A big track with elevation changes and different soils including some deep sand sections. A seriously fun track that is professionally run.

101 MX (Blackwell AR, about 20 minutes west of Conway on I40). Good dirt, on totally flat ground. Owner does a good job with what he has to work with.

If you're out east, there are some smaller tracks that are doing their best to give us race tracks and competitive events. JT's MX is in Lafe (10 miles north of Paragould), and has regular practice and race days. Bootheel MX (actually in MO, 5-8 miles north of Blytheville) is a small track that struggles with water in the Spring time, but has a good layout and great people running it. They run events in the summer. American Motosports Park (Jonesboro, my hometown) is trying hard to make a raceable track, but suffers from dirt that is normally loose silt. They have regular events and their own series.

There are others, but these are the ones I am most familiar with. I think all of these tracks has FB pages that would give you scheduiles.
plynn41
2/28/2017 4:39pm
Hey, if it is NE AR you're going to be at, PM me at some point and I'll hook you up with some private tracks around here. There is a great group of MXers in NE Arkansas and we'd love to have you show up.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
2/28/2017 4:41pm
Arkmx wrote:
Lee what are you doing in TX now? Huck's backyard was a good place to ride too! Had to watch out for Buffalo's though.... Been to...

My apologies, we are going their to work on the Sefor nuclear plant, it is actually located in West fork, Arkansas. Do you happen to know...
My apologies, we are going their to work on the Sefor nuclear plant, it is actually located in West fork, Arkansas. Do you happen to know where that is or what's around it to ride?
Yeah, as Crusher said, NW part. You will be close to River Valley and the same side of the state as Ascot. There is also a Track in Tulsa, a ways away, but doen't hurt to have another option.
NoahSuthy99
2/28/2017 4:43pm
plynn41 wrote:
Hey, if it is NE AR you're going to be at, PM me at some point and I'll hook you up with some private tracks around...
Hey, if it is NE AR you're going to be at, PM me at some point and I'll hook you up with some private tracks around here. There is a great group of MXers in NE Arkansas and we'd love to have you show up.
Unfortunately it looks like West Fork is in NW Arkansas
Mini Elsinore
2/28/2017 4:59pm
huck wrote:
doubtful. Wink
Well, if he overstays his 30 day visa things could get "real" with the locals......fo sho. Enjoy your stay---but be sure and leave! Laughing
hvaughn88
2/28/2017 5:27pm
huck wrote:
doubtful. Wink
Well, if he overstays his 30 day visa things could get "real" with the locals......fo sho. Enjoy your stay---but be sure and leave! Laughing
You know what they say: "a redneck will kill ya, but a hillbilly will keep ya!"
Rdubs19
2/28/2017 5:34pm
plynn41 wrote:
An Arkansas rider here with first hand experience: Ascot Park is always great. Owner is one of the best at creating a good racetrack, and changes...

Ascot Park is always great. Owner is one of the best at creating a good racetrack, and changes up the design on a regular basis. Track has some small elevation changes and diverse soil types, including sand when the owner chooses to run through the track through it.

870 White River MX (~8 miles west of Batesville): Run by a former pro who also knows how to build a track. Is having regular races there this year. Quite a bit of sand. Is close to getting a LL qualifier I hear.

River Ridge Raceway (Between Mountain Home and Calico Rock: One of our favorites. A big track with elevation changes and different soils including some deep sand sections. A seriously fun track that is professionally run.

101 MX (Blackwell AR, about 20 minutes west of Conway on I40). Good dirt, on totally flat ground. Owner does a good job with what he has to work with.

If you're out east, there are some smaller tracks that are doing their best to give us race tracks and competitive events. JT's MX is in Lafe (10 miles north of Paragould), and has regular practice and race days. Bootheel MX (actually in MO, 5-8 miles north of Blytheville) is a small track that struggles with water in the Spring time, but has a good layout and great people running it. They run events in the summer. American Motosports Park (Jonesboro, my hometown) is trying hard to make a raceable track, but suffers from dirt that is normally loose silt. They have regular events and their own series.

There are others, but these are the ones I am most familiar with. I think all of these tracks has FB pages that would give you scheduiles.
Small effing world, Jonesboro is my hometown. Grew up at Burnt Hill, that place was legit.
To OP, HWY 89 mx is pretty fun, definetely no races but the track is a fun one. 30 mins away is tony wynn mx but who knows when that place is open anymore.
I've been to Ott park which is nearby to the two I've mentitled and it's okay, buncha ATVs, and SXS. It's basically just some place to go ride, not really meant for bikes but you can ride there if you get desperate.
Mini Elsinore
2/28/2017 5:54pm
huck wrote:
doubtful. Wink
hvaughn88 wrote:
You know what they say: "a redneck will kill ya, but a hillbilly will keep ya!"
EvilLaughing
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
2/28/2017 5:54pm
I used to race the enduro at White Rock. Even woke up to 4 inches of snow one morning. That was a tough race!
ehr400
3/1/2017 4:48am
If Tony Wynn MX is still open, avoid that shithole.
huck
3/1/2017 5:48am
plynn41 wrote:
An Arkansas rider here with first hand experience: Ascot Park is always great. Owner is one of the best at creating a good racetrack, and changes...

River Ridge is right down the street. Colby sure has put a lot of time and effort in this track. Can't say a bad thing about him or the track. I just wish there were more riders around here....and less quads. About the time some nice ruts start getting formed....here come the quads. lol
huck
3/1/2017 5:49am
Arkmx wrote:

They'd usually move.... Wink
TMessi111
3/1/2017 5:59am
Back in the day(12-15 years ago) there were multiple tracks within 2 hrs of Jonesboro. Marked Tree had a small track, Burnt Hill, Dyersburg and then at one point Heber even had a cool little track(I'm leaving out multiple tracks in south west Tennessee I know) It's not the same anymore. Most of the tracks are farm fields or reservoirs in some cases. Dyersburg was one of my all time favorite tracks and Burnt Hill was ran by my dad's friends so I pretty much lived out there during the summer. I rode the track here in town w.e it's called. Not much of a jump track. More like a turn track with small table tops if you could even call them that. I don't have a bike anymore so I'm pretty out of the loop as far as the tracks go in other parts of the state. Most of the faster local kids either rode out of state regularly or had a track at their house to practice on.
Bfogg217
3/1/2017 7:58am
River Valley property just got bought and will be closed for a few weeks while they rebuild the track and facilities. I'd bet they're opened back up by then but I'm not sure. It's called Destination Motorsports now. Ascot is probably the best place to go if you don't want a long drive. Tulsa's TMX is about 2 hours and is a great facility. There's about 3-5 other places within about 3 hours of this area (in Oklahoma) that are good. Most of the AR tracks are not that great outside of Ascot and (formerly) River Valley. Look into Jandebeurs Motor Sports Park, Sweet 16 and maybe Possum Hollow in Missouri.

Post a reply to: Any tracks you'd recommend in Arkansas?

The Latest