Any track owners or operators here?

I would imagine it's got to be a very difficult, and at times, thankless endeavor. The fast guys complain because it's too easy.....the slow guys complain because it's too difficult.....don't water enough and everyone complains about it being a dustbowl..... water too much and the riders will complain about riding in a soup bowl. Dealing with insurance, injuries (I couldn't do it for this fact alone), equipment breakdowns, trying to break even financially and I'm sure a thousand other challenges that I haven't imagined.

Regardless if I've ever had the chance to spin a wheel on your facility please know that I, for one acknowledge your efforts and truly appreciate the time, effort, blood. sweat and tears you invest to give those in your neck of the woods a place to ride.

I encourage those of you who ride or spectate to let the owners and operators know the next time your filing out the release forms or paying your gate fees that their efforts are likewise appreciated.

That is all.
|
Leave Us To
3/5/2022 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2022 7:56pm
I started a similar thread within the last week or so and zero responses. My takeaway is we need to get race promoters/track owners on here stat.

And who is the numbnuts that gave your post a down vote? I am continually surprised at how so many posts have at least one down vote. Beginnng to think it is sport for someone.
JustMX
3/5/2022 8:09pm
I ran races for 20 years, over 450 events, from 27 to 980 entries

Got out of it in 2014.

It is nice that you voiced appreciation to those that put in the work.

I still work a few events a year for another promoter. Some things have gotten easier (sign up kiosks), somethings not so much (the number of people that won't even load their bike if rain chances are over 50%).

It is a tough business, and while it has experienced a surge during covid, I suspect what is coming due to higher fuel prices and rumblings of a recession, and other world events is going to be more like 2008-2010.
Racerx930
3/5/2022 8:36pm
Not getting any easier for sure. We have 2 facilities. Unfortunately I just found out my mobile office trailer full of all the equipment we haul from track to track was stolen. About 30k worth of stuff including pumps, generators, live timing and scoring system, utility ATV, pit bike etc. But we'll keep grinding. I'm not sure at this point if it's still a labor of love or I just don't know how to do anything else lol.
crusher773
3/5/2022 10:15pm
Racerx930 you are good at it. We don't question ever going to one of your events because they are ran well. Hope the dirt bags are found.

The Shop

J-roc
3/6/2022 4:19am
I had a hand in a practice track and your right all you really ever hear is complaints. The worst being from mini dads that dont even ride anymore. It takes a lot of time and effort to build a nice place to ride from the ground up and most people will tell you how “it would be better if”. Ive spent 10x more of my time working on the track than riding it and maybe 3 people thanked me for it.
RaceFace58
3/6/2022 4:39am
We live in a world of “takers” with far too little givers. Most people who come to you track owners’ facilities probably think you’re rich and living the life. They’re the ones with the complaints. I’ve been involved with organizations that are almost completely volunteer and I would hear complaints from people regarding the money everyone’s making off the series. Just clueless. People shut up quick when they hear that the people they see each week working their ass off are doing if for free. But the fact that they didn’t stop and think or ask before complaining really sucks. None of them ever ask how do they get involved with the working end either.
Leave Us To
3/6/2022 5:58am
Racerx930 wrote:
Not getting any easier for sure. We have 2 facilities. Unfortunately I just found out my mobile office trailer full of all the equipment we haul...
Not getting any easier for sure. We have 2 facilities. Unfortunately I just found out my mobile office trailer full of all the equipment we haul from track to track was stolen. About 30k worth of stuff including pumps, generators, live timing and scoring system, utility ATV, pit bike etc. But we'll keep grinding. I'm not sure at this point if it's still a labor of love or I just don't know how to do anything else lol.
Sorry to hear this. I will donate if you start a GoFund Me account so keep us posted. I detest thieves with a passion.
Racerx930
3/6/2022 7:51am
Racerx930 wrote:
Not getting any easier for sure. We have 2 facilities. Unfortunately I just found out my mobile office trailer full of all the equipment we haul...
Sorry to hear this. I will donate if you start a GoFund Me account so keep us posted. I detest thieves with a passion.
I really appreciate the thought, as much of a setback as this is I ultimately feel like it's my responsibility. My family is healthy and in the end it's just dirt bikes. There's far more deserving causes.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
3/7/2022 6:11pm
I have a track at our house that we built as a practice track for our late son. We opened it for riding to the public and do it by donation only. So that's when you really find out who's a contributor. We don't do it for money, but it does cost money to maintain. Sometimes we'll have 25-30 riders in a day and there'll be a hundred bucks in the till. And other times we'll have 2 or 3 guys and there'll be a couple of hundred. Some folks come out and donate time, like sweeping the driveway or cleaning up tree limbs. Some give a lot, a lot give some and a few give little or none. But for us it's a little different situation, as the track is our therapy. We have benefitted tremendously through the relationships we've built through the moto community, so I wouldn't change anything. But, if you're trying to run a track for profit, you will never make everyone happy and anything that goes wrong is your fault. Just the way of the world I guess.
vetmxr
3/7/2022 6:30pm
Racerx930 wrote:
we come south to OKC yearly to ride......we could take a detour and hit you up if possible.....do you have a website or how do we find out about your tracks?......
Racerx930
3/7/2022 6:40pm
Racerx930 wrote:
vetmxr wrote:
we come south to OKC yearly to ride......we could take a detour and hit you up if possible.....do you have a website or how do we...
we come south to OKC yearly to ride......we could take a detour and hit you up if possible.....do you have a website or how do we find out about your tracks?......
We have a new track in OKC just 2 miles east of I35 and a mile north of 40. We also have a track in Stillwater.

www.AmpStillwater.com

Post a reply to: Any track owners or operators here?

The Latest