Any threads here addressing the lack of Monster riders at the Red Bull event?

newmann
Edited Date/Time 10/7/2019 1:22pm
Just wondering. Huge event in the middle of all things MX.
|
TW85
10/7/2019 6:47am
Villopoto is Monster sponsered and was running the claw on his bike.

Don’t think there is a conspiracy here. Red Bull always seems super cool with competitors riders being involved in Red Bull events.
10/7/2019 7:39am Edited Date/Time 10/7/2019 7:39am
RV interviewed on Red Bull TV decked head to toe in Monster logos. I can't think of another soft drink company that would allow that in one of their media productions.
newmann
10/7/2019 7:41am
TW85 wrote:
Villopoto is Monster sponsered and was running the claw on his bike. Don’t think there is a conspiracy here. Red Bull always seems super cool with...

Don’t think there is a conspiracy here. Red Bull always seems super cool with competitors riders being involved in Red Bull events.
I fully understand that Red Bull is cool with it. Will there be no Red Bull riders at the Monster Cup? Yeah, Villo had a small Monster claw on his jersey under the Villo Light beer logo. He was also out pretty early and drinking beer, not Monster. Laughing

The Shop

10/7/2019 7:43am Edited Date/Time 10/7/2019 7:54am
TW85 wrote:
Villopoto is Monster sponsered and was running the claw on his bike. Don’t think there is a conspiracy here. Red Bull always seems super cool with...

newmann wrote:
I fully understand that Red Bull is cool with it. Will there be no Red Bull riders at the Monster Cup? Yeah, Villo had a small...
I fully understand that Red Bull is cool with it. Will there be no Red Bull riders at the Monster Cup? Yeah, Villo had a small Monster claw on his jersey under the Villo Light beer logo. He was also out pretty early and drinking beer, not Monster. Laughing
They did an on camera interview segment where he was wearing just a claw logo hat and shirt. A full segment of just Monster branding produced by Red Bull.

Monster cup is a Feld owned production, not Monster. RBSR is fully produced and promoted by Red Bull.

Imagine seeing a full segment of Red Bull logos in a Dirt Shark video.
RCMXracing
10/7/2019 7:49am
MC noticeably absent. Didn’t want the annoyance of all the nut swingers or a Monster conflict? You decide.
early
Fantasy
2231st
10/7/2019 7:56am
RCMXracing wrote:
MC noticeably absent. Didn’t want the annoyance of all the nut swingers or a Monster conflict? You decide.
Yeah that was lame, he should have been there.
mxb2
10/7/2019 8:02am
RCMXracing wrote:
early wrote:
Yeah that was lame, he should have been there.
Maybe he had prior plans. No bike to ride? Or it didnt pay enough $_ for him to show up. Not interested. Could be a few reasons
early
Fantasy
2231st
10/7/2019 8:11am
mxb2 wrote:
Maybe he had prior plans. No bike to ride? Or it didnt pay enough $_ for him to show up. Not interested. Could be a few...
Maybe he had prior plans. No bike to ride? Or it didnt pay enough $_ for him to show up. Not interested. Could be a few reasons
Not expecting him to ride, but Honda, Roczen and Fox went through some effort to create a nice tribute to the guy, he could have shown up for a picture even if he had a Kawi t-shirt and monster hat on.
redrider_714
Fantasy
2285th
10/7/2019 8:25am
RCMXracing wrote:
Pretty sure he had a truck race on Saturday. Since he owns the team and races for it he has to be there.

early
Fantasy
2231st
10/7/2019 8:32am
early wrote:
Not expecting him to ride, but Honda, Roczen and Fox went through some effort to create a nice tribute to the guy, he could have shown...
Not expecting him to ride, but Honda, Roczen and Fox went through some effort to create a nice tribute to the guy, he could have shown up for a picture even if he had a Kawi t-shirt and monster hat on.
Well looks like he was busy behind the wheel. He did congratulate Kenny and the team behind it.
RCMXracing
10/7/2019 8:34am
What’s funny to me about Redbull vs. Monster is the fans of MX/SX don’t care. Most don’t drink that garbage anyway. Doubt many spectators/viewers care or are greatly influenced. Energy drink war has already been fought. Result: two winners.

Maybe a marketing guru can pipe in here with some thoughts.
mxb2
10/7/2019 8:56am
early wrote:
Not expecting him to ride, but Honda, Roczen and Fox went through some effort to create a nice tribute to the guy, he could have shown...
early wrote:
Well looks like he was busy behind the wheel. He did congratulate Kenny and the team behind it. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/10/07/378322/s1200_Screenshot_20191007_112838.jpg[/img]
Well looks like he was busy behind the wheel. He did congratulate Kenny and the team behind it.
There ya go. Now why wasnt dungey, musquin there? They are red bull guys.
newmann
10/7/2019 8:58am
RCMXracing wrote:
Pretty sure he had a truck race on Saturday. Since he owns the team and races for it he has to be there. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/10/07/378321/s1200_8B640790_1BBF_4673_8B6C_CD3AB784C0C7.jpg[/img]
Pretty sure he had a truck race on Saturday. Since he owns the team and races for it he has to be there.

Ride day at Glen Helen...LaughingLaughingLaughing
early
Fantasy
2231st
10/7/2019 9:02am Edited Date/Time 10/7/2019 9:04am
mxb2 wrote:
The whole event was a tribute to the McGrath era of Supercross. Nobody gave a shit about Dungey or Musquin Saturday, Roczen and Villopoto both had McGrath tributes. I'd like to think he would be there if he wasn't truck racing up the road.
RCMXracing
10/7/2019 9:08am
Let’s not be silly. RB straight rhythm wasn’t a Monster event. That’s why MC not there. No hit on him. I could be wrong, but the truck racing excuse falls flat. He could have popped over after the race. Look at the schedule.

Ha, look, it’s sponsored by Rockstar!

mxb2
10/7/2019 9:09am
mxb2 wrote:
early wrote:
The whole event was a tribute to the McGrath era of Supercross. Nobody gave a shit about Dungey or Musquin Saturday, Roczen and Villopoto both had...
The whole event was a tribute to the McGrath era of Supercross. Nobody gave a shit about Dungey or Musquin Saturday, Roczen and Villopoto both had McGrath tributes. I'd like to think he would be there if he wasn't truck racing up the road.
Well being red bull riders and paid by red bull . I think they need to be there before Mc..imo.
mxb2
10/7/2019 9:10am
RCMXracing wrote:
Let’s not be silly. RB straight rhythm wasn’t a Monster event. That’s why MC not there. No hit on him. I could be wrong, but the...
Let’s not be silly. RB straight rhythm wasn’t a Monster event. That’s why MC not there. No hit on him. I could be wrong, but the truck racing excuse falls flat. He could have popped over after the race. Look at the schedule.

Ptobably got paid also, contract
TallonT911
10/7/2019 9:13am
Dirt Shark actually features red bull riders often in his race recaps (Webb, Roczen, Musquin, etc.) His early videos were basically Monster girls and a few highlights of racing but the videos from last season actually showed some behind the scenes and post race interviews.
therealhammer
10/7/2019 9:13am
RCMXracing wrote:
Let’s not be silly. RB straight rhythm wasn’t a Monster event. That’s why MC not there. No hit on him. I could be wrong, but the...

MC was invited but had a conflict . He texted me in the afternoon that he couldn’t make it because the racing went long and how bummed he was . He had passes waiting for him if he could have made it. It had nothing to do with logo color on his helmet.
early
Fantasy
2231st
10/7/2019 9:17am
mxb2 wrote:
Well being red bull riders and paid by red bull . I think they need to be there before Mc..imo.
I guess we are looking at it from different perspectives. I would think that Jeremy would like to show up at this event for personal reasons regardless of who writes him a check right now.
early
Fantasy
2231st
10/7/2019 9:20am
MC was invited but had a conflict . He texted me in the afternoon that he couldn’t make it because the racing went long and how...
MC was invited but had a conflict . He texted me in the afternoon that he couldn’t make it because the racing went long and how bummed he was . He had passes waiting for him if he could have made it. It had nothing to do with logo color on his helmet.
Great job on the event, one of the most enjoyable dirt bike races I've ever had the pleasure of watching.
RonJon
10/7/2019 9:27am
mxb2 wrote:
early wrote:
I guess we are looking at it from different perspectives. I would think that Jeremy would like to show up at this event for personal reasons...
I guess we are looking at it from different perspectives. I would think that Jeremy would like to show up at this event for personal reasons regardless of who writes him a check right now.
Considering he doesn't get paid by Honda, Red Bull, or Fox, why would he show up? The guy won more championships than almost the entire field combined. MC has paid his dues, doesn't need to show up to anything.
mxb2
mxb2 wrote:
early wrote:
I guess we are looking at it from different perspectives. I would think that Jeremy would like to show up at this event for personal reasons...
Agreed, but shit happens.
RCMXracing
RCMXracing wrote:

MC was invited but had a conflict . He texted me in the afternoon that he couldn’t make it because the racing went long and how...
Fair enough. Probably not as simple as stopping by with hoards of fans, tough to dip out and needing to be rested for next days truck racing. I get it. Hopefully he will be there next year.

Unlike some other retired riders, MC could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and it wouldn’t dent his fandom.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/7/2019 9:51am
early wrote:
The whole event was a tribute to the McGrath era of Supercross. Nobody gave a shit about Dungey or Musquin Saturday, Roczen and Villopoto both had...
And Webb’s setup made it three MC tributes.
TankSlapper
10/7/2019 9:56am
Barcia posted it was a good day for a road bike ride Laughing
loftyair
10/7/2019 10:06am
I wish redbull was cheap, ID buy some!
10/7/2019 10:10am Edited Date/Time 10/7/2019 10:17am
TallonT911 wrote:
Dirt Shark actually features red bull riders often in his race recaps (Webb, Roczen, Musquin, etc.) His early videos were basically Monster girls and a few...
Dirt Shark actually features red bull riders often in his race recaps (Webb, Roczen, Musquin, etc.) His early videos were basically Monster girls and a few highlights of racing but the videos from last season actually showed some behind the scenes and post race interviews.
I saw an entire broadcast on RedBull TV last week that was just Alfredo Gomez's edited GoPro footage from Hixpania.

Just 40 minutes, produced and edited for Red Bull media, of a different company's sponsored athlete, staring down at a big Star Logo on his front fender, while riding impossible terrain.
Lucifa.
10/7/2019 1:19pm
I heard Kawasaki don't turn up to non paying events!

Post a reply to: Any threads here addressing the lack of Monster riders at the Red Bull event?

The Latest