Any thoughts on the Rip Row unit?

1down5up
Edited Date/Time 2/21/2019 5:54am

|
1down5up
2/6/2019 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2019 4:34pm
slipdog
2/6/2019 4:37pm
I think the fact that it appears to be a push/pull exercise is superior to a rower. Looks like the base rocks too to require stabilization at the same time.

I'm no Richard Simmons but I'd think that is a very good unit for moto training.
2/6/2019 5:49pm
Im not hating - just stating

That if there was ever a moment you could appear to be outwardly gay in a photo...

The Shop

2/6/2019 6:15pm
Up big things
Down Big things
pumping medium sized things

I swear - if he was a hot chick on there - I'd be sporting a chub
slipdog
2/6/2019 6:21pm
Too bad it doesn't use a fan powered ergometer
jeffro503
2/6/2019 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2019 6:23pm
Hmmm? I can't give any opinion on the Rip-row machine since I've never used one , but as of about 3 weeks ago , I tried something different on buying a new machine. And so far it has exceeded my expectation's as far as a cardio for MX training goes. I still do all the necessary weight training and so forth , but this new machine has pushed me harder then my Lemond Rev master pro spin bike in many ways. Better than any elliptical trainer I've ever had as well. I'm quite enjoying it kicking my ass.
kaptkaos
2/6/2019 7:32pm
By the looks of it, its a superior arm workout over rowing but inferior on the legs.

What did you get Jeffro?
kylet123
2/15/2019 3:50pm
As a RipRow user, it's nice that the dampeners are adjustable so that you can dial in resistance levels for both the push and pull component, depending on what you want to work. With that said - this thing wears me out fast and has drastically improved my overall fitness, much in the way rowers can get your cardio on fire fast. But as far as a superior arm workout over the legs - that's not true at all. When you're in the hinge you're using your lats, pecs, core, hammies and butt to get the machine rockin'. For me, the thing most sore after using is always the hamstrings! But I also do what they call the shredlift on it - which is essentially a deadlift with your feet at the front of the deck.
jeffro503
2/15/2019 4:00pm
kaptkaos wrote:
By the looks of it, its a superior arm workout over rowing but inferior on the legs.

What did you get Jeffro?
Hey Kap , I didn't see this till now. But I added a Bowflex M5 Max trainer to my equipment. And so far I love it. You can get in as hard of a HIIT workout as any mere mortal could want / ask for. I'm still running the spin bike and will start running again here soon too , so it isn't replacing anything , just added it.
bvm111
2/15/2019 6:07pm
slipdog wrote:
I think the fact that it appears to be a push/pull exercise is superior to a rower. Looks like the base rocks too to require stabilization...
I think the fact that it appears to be a push/pull exercise is superior to a rower. Looks like the base rocks too to require stabilization at the same time.

I'm no Richard Simmons but I'd think that is a very good unit for moto training.

LaughingLaughingLaughing
Are you sure slip?
kaptkaos
2/18/2019 10:21am
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey Kap , I didn't see this till now. But I added a Bowflex M5 Max trainer to my equipment. And so far I love it...
Hey Kap , I didn't see this till now. But I added a Bowflex M5 Max trainer to my equipment. And so far I love it. You can get in as hard of a HIIT workout as any mere mortal could want / ask for. I'm still running the spin bike and will start running again here soon too , so it isn't replacing anything , just added it.
I looked on CL in my area, I think I can get one for $600, do you think thats rock bottom? Is this thing complicated or require maintenance, and should I be looking for wear items? I did buy a Concept2 rower and I took it completely apart and freshened it up, even though it was working fine. This looks more complex..
Talisker
2/19/2019 9:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2019 9:33pm
Just another exercise gimmick to sell.
Sure everyone remembers this one.... funny shit!!!!
Just my opinion.
">
BobbyLight
2/19/2019 10:01pm
brettmx wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/19/326535/s1200_s_l1600.jpg[/img]

What is that?
tek14
2/19/2019 10:10pm
Does it come with armpump-spray?
jeffro503
2/19/2019 10:15pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey Kap , I didn't see this till now. But I added a Bowflex M5 Max trainer to my equipment. And so far I love it...
kaptkaos wrote:
I looked on CL in my area, I think I can get one for $600, do you think thats rock bottom? Is this thing complicated or...
I looked on CL in my area, I think I can get one for $600, do you think thats rock bottom? Is this thing complicated or require maintenance, and should I be looking for wear items? I did buy a Concept2 rower and I took it completely apart and freshened it up, even though it was working fine. This looks more complex..
Hey Kap.....my best advice is hit up a sports outlet that carries them , and try one out ( make sure you can have it plugged in ). A regular Elliptical is a lot like long distance skiing , and then they have stair steppers too.....this Max trainer is in the middle. Almost like running up a slight hill.

Watch some videos and read up on what this machine is. It does need maintenance , and it seems some people don't keep up on that. Also....there is a key sequence on the control panel you can push and it'll show you the total run time on the machine. A little " creaking " noise is kind of normal. But these machines are pretty durable.

But definitely give on a good try , and see if it's something you may want to buy first. I Freakin' love mine , and after only using it 3 weeks , and being off the bike 2.5 months , yesterday's ride was really good on my bike! I still have plenty of work to do , but this machine helped me.
2/20/2019 12:38am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2019 12:38am
kylet123 wrote:
As a RipRow user, it's nice that the dampeners are adjustable so that you can dial in resistance levels for both the push and pull component...
As a RipRow user, it's nice that the dampeners are adjustable so that you can dial in resistance levels for both the push and pull component, depending on what you want to work. With that said - this thing wears me out fast and has drastically improved my overall fitness, much in the way rowers can get your cardio on fire fast. But as far as a superior arm workout over the legs - that's not true at all. When you're in the hinge you're using your lats, pecs, core, hammies and butt to get the machine rockin'. For me, the thing most sore after using is always the hamstrings! But I also do what they call the shredlift on it - which is essentially a deadlift with your feet at the front of the deck.
Thanks for the review Aldon
2/20/2019 12:39am
Talisker wrote:
Just another exercise gimmick to sell. Sure everyone remembers this one.... funny shit!!!! Just my opinion. [url= https://youtu.be/rwIJlEsIVZQ" frameborder="0">]
Just another exercise gimmick to sell.
Sure everyone remembers this one.... funny shit!!!!
Just my opinion.
">
hahaha that things actually real! i thought was just a south park thing thats fn awesome
22Ryann
Fantasy
4080th
2/20/2019 12:56am
As much as that tool makes me laugh, I think it would work very well being modified to be used for a gaming input.
danman
2/20/2019 7:11am
The real question I have is how do you unlock your hips on that thing?
kaptkaos
2/21/2019 5:27am
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey Kap.....my best advice is hit up a sports outlet that carries them , and try one out ( make sure you can have it plugged...
Hey Kap.....my best advice is hit up a sports outlet that carries them , and try one out ( make sure you can have it plugged in ). A regular Elliptical is a lot like long distance skiing , and then they have stair steppers too.....this Max trainer is in the middle. Almost like running up a slight hill.

Watch some videos and read up on what this machine is. It does need maintenance , and it seems some people don't keep up on that. Also....there is a key sequence on the control panel you can push and it'll show you the total run time on the machine. A little " creaking " noise is kind of normal. But these machines are pretty durable.

But definitely give on a good try , and see if it's something you may want to buy first. I Freakin' love mine , and after only using it 3 weeks , and being off the bike 2.5 months , yesterday's ride was really good on my bike! I still have plenty of work to do , but this machine helped me.
I picked one up for $600 in really good condition.I set it up last night but haven't had a session on it yet. I will let you know how it goes.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
2/21/2019 5:40am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2019 5:53am
Concept2 rower is really all you need. Full body, compound movement that the form is relatively easy to master. Getting closer to emulating riding seems great, but it is gimmicky. Full body aerobic/anaerobic workout is the goal.
kaptkaos
2/21/2019 5:43am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2019 5:44am
I have one!

Gotta mix it up, keep it fresh. Between spin bike, rower and Bowflex, and a bench and dumbells I can do a nice circuit. Also hoping the wife likes it, she doesnt like the rower.

Post a reply to: Any thoughts on the Rip Row unit?

The Latest