Any news on Tomac?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/22/2014 11:09 AM

Anything on how the shoulder is and how soon until we can expect to see him back at the races? Looking forward to seeing him back out there, not sure if I missed a thread pertaining to this...

|

1/22/2014 11:27 AM

Last anyone as said that I have read is
that he expects to be back
at san diego ..
I just hope he is up to speed when he comes back

|

1/22/2014 1:25 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

Last anyone as said that I have read is
that he expects to be back
at san diego ..
I just hope he is up to speed when he comes back

This is exactly what I'm hoping for but I have my doubts if he'll be able to run with the top 3 guys. It just depends on how much he's been riding and who he's been riding with.

|

1/22/2014 3:24 PM

IWreckALot wrote:

This is exactly what I'm hoping for but I have my doubts if he'll be able to run with the top 3 guys. It just depends on how much he's been riding and who he's been riding with.

He's always been a hair better than Roczen, so he should not have much of a problem running with the top 3. Hell Chad Reed has even won a main, anything is possible.

|

"Victory has a hundred fathers, but defeat is an orphan." ~ John F. Kennedy

1/22/2014 5:17 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

Last anyone as said that I have read is
that he expects to be back
at san diego ..
I just hope he is up to speed when he comes back

IWreckALot wrote:

This is exactly what I'm hoping for but I have my doubts if he'll be able to run with the top 3 guys. It just depends on how much he's been riding and who he's been riding with.

zook11 wrote:

He's always been a hair better than Roczen, so he should not have much of a problem running with the top 3. Hell Chad Reed has even won a main, anything is possible.

lol !!!

His shoulder must be worse than first thought?

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

1/22/2014 5:23 PM

zook11 wrote:

He's always been a hair better than Roczen, so he should not have much of a problem running with the top 3. Hell Chad Reed has even won a main, anything is possible.

Ehh I don't know about that first statement.

|

Jason Anderson FTW

1/22/2014 6:48 PM

according to racerx the earliest is this week in oakland

|

go dungey & roczen

#ChewBroca
so jerking off will help arm pump issues........ sweet lol

1/23/2014 12:48 AM

zook11 wrote:

He's always been a hair better than Roczen, so he should not have much of a problem running with the top 3. Hell Chad Reed has even won a main, anything is possible.

Barcia destroyed Roczen in 2012 SX, now rewatch the Heatrace from A2
People change and Roczen has always been a fast learner. Also I dont know where Tomac was better in SX (in MX yes) - in the end he got beat for the title...
I dont say Tomac has no chance but no way you can say that as easy as that. If he comes back in one of the next weeks and is fit, I pick him to win one tho if his start is there

|

1/23/2014 12:57 AM

IWreckALot wrote:

This is exactly what I'm hoping for but I have my doubts if he'll be able to run with the top 3 guys. It just depends on how much he's been riding and who he's been riding with.

zook11 wrote:

He's always been a hair better than Roczen, so he should not have much of a problem running with the top 3. Hell Chad Reed has even won a main, anything is possible.

crusty_xx wrote:

Barcia destroyed Roczen in 2012 SX, now rewatch the Heatrace from A2
People change and Roczen has always been a fast learner. Also I dont know where Tomac was better in SX (in MX yes) - in the end he got beat for the title...
I dont say Tomac has no chance but no way you can say that as easy as that. If he comes back in one of the next weeks and is fit, I pick him to win one tho if his start is there

Roczen as a fast learner, I fully agree. I am really impressed.

Now regarding Tomac, I do not know, it is still a bit of a mystery (if he is really the next big one), but one thing is sure, if he managed to translate the same speed on a 450, he will may get some wins this season. Last year lap times were crazy fast, in the season preview every main contenders agreed on that point.

|

1/23/2014 1:13 AM

IWreckALot wrote:

This is exactly what I'm hoping for but I have my doubts if he'll be able to run with the top 3 guys. It just depends on how much he's been riding and who he's been riding with.

zook11 wrote:

He's always been a hair better than Roczen, so he should not have much of a problem running with the top 3. Hell Chad Reed has even won a main, anything is possible.

crusty_xx wrote:

Barcia destroyed Roczen in 2012 SX, now rewatch the Heatrace from A2
People change and Roczen has always been a fast learner. Also I dont know where Tomac was better in SX (in MX yes) - in the end he got beat for the title...
I dont say Tomac has no chance but no way you can say that as easy as that. If he comes back in one of the next weeks and is fit, I pick him to win one tho if his start is there

I agree that roczen is a quick learner and he seems to think his style suits a 450 better. And u can't argue with roczens results, as he has the red plate. But in last years sx battle between KROC and Tomac, Tomac had him covered. Tomac DNFd 2 rounds I believe, and Kenny missed the main in 1 round. The difference is Kenny finished in the top 2 both races Eli DNFd. When Kenny missed the main, Eli had the weirdest race I've ever seen from him and only made a few points back. Kenny won that title fair and square though because he was fast and consistent. But looking at last years west coast sx battle, Tomac was RV and Kenny was Dungey.

If Tomac gets the same kind of starts as Tomac in SX, then he can do just as well I believe, but there's no way Tomac's gonna fly through the pack of 450's like he did the 250's last year. I think Kenny has a slight advantage in SX unless Eli miraculously nails all his starts. In MX I give the edge to Tomac.

|

1/23/2014 2:11 AM

Roczen will be the man to beat in the futur.Remember that he is 2 years younger than Barcia an Tomac.Watch his level now.Where would he be in two years?

|

1/23/2014 4:46 AM

Gonna be hard to jump back into the deep end after 5 or 6 rounds whilst all these guys have been racing each other already.

Man Tomac has gotta be so bummed about how his debut in the 450 class has gone compared to Roczen's. watching Kenny win A1 from the stands would have sucked.

|

1/23/2014 5:03 AM

zook11 wrote:

He's always been a hair better than Roczen, so he should not have much of a problem running with the top 3. Hell Chad Reed has even won a main, anything is possible.

crusty_xx wrote:

Barcia destroyed Roczen in 2012 SX, now rewatch the Heatrace from A2
People change and Roczen has always been a fast learner. Also I dont know where Tomac was better in SX (in MX yes) - in the end he got beat for the title...
I dont say Tomac has no chance but no way you can say that as easy as that. If he comes back in one of the next weeks and is fit, I pick him to win one tho if his start is there

shredder22 wrote:

I agree that roczen is a quick learner and he seems to think his style suits a 450 better. And u can't argue with roczens results, as he has the red plate. But in last years sx battle between KROC and Tomac, Tomac had him covered. Tomac DNFd 2 rounds I believe, and Kenny missed the main in 1 round. The difference is Kenny finished in the top 2 both races Eli DNFd. When Kenny missed the main, Eli had the weirdest race I've ever seen from him and only made a few points back. Kenny won that title fair and square though because he was fast and consistent. But looking at last years west coast sx battle, Tomac was RV and Kenny was Dungey.

If Tomac gets the same kind of starts as Tomac in SX, then he can do just as well I believe, but there's no way Tomac's gonna fly through the pack of 450's like he did the 250's last year. I think Kenny has a slight advantage in SX unless Eli miraculously nails all his starts. In MX I give the edge to Tomac.

I'm on the Tomac band wagon. . . I was so pumped to see him get an awesome start in his A1 heat race and for as long as he was on the bike, I thought he got his starts figured out but then came the disappointment. . .

Clearly KRoc has progressed but we also heard from him regularly through the off season which fueled our opinion of him. I personally think Tomac stayed quiet through the off season because he was busy training and didn't want to let everyone in on what he was doing. So my point is, Tomac could have improved as much or more than KR but we just don't know until we see Tomac race. Tomac DID have KR covered through SX until his wreck last year. The off race I believe was due to suspension settings. He was getting eaten up in the whoops if I recall correctly.

|

1/23/2014 5:29 AM

Kroc looks solid on that 450. Much more calm on the bike than I expected. He is a contender.
Tomac is going to be a threat but his starts have been a bit of a weakness. Outdoors he could ware them down but sx is much shorter and rather than a couple of quick guys like in the lites 1st through 10th is very tough in the 450s.
I'm sure he will win a few though.

|

1/23/2014 5:52 AM

People remember he did win more races then Kenny last year right? Eli will be fine. He has the speed and it will work out for him. Kenny is due for a few bad races like most rookies have in the big bike class.

|

1/23/2014 6:24 AM

The few 450 races he did last year on east coast swing were not impressive. He is not a great starter and in this stacked field if you are going to start 8th on back then you will not be a consistent podium guy.

|

1/23/2014 6:26 AM

It's great racing already so imagine once Tomac, Canard and Millsaps come back!

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

1/24/2014 8:48 AM

Speaking of Canard...any word on when he'll be back? Miss seeing him out there.

|

1/24/2014 8:59 AM

No millsaps for 14 sx

|

1/24/2014 9:39 AM

ehr400 wrote:

People remember he did win more races then Kenny last year right? Eli will be fine. He has the speed and it will work out for him. Kenny is due for a few bad races like most rookies have in the big bike class.

i love when people say a racer is due a few bad races.

why?

is it inconceivable to think a rider may stay out of trouble?

|

1/24/2014 9:56 AM

jhansen510 wrote:

No millsaps for 14 sx

When did this news come out. RacerX reported on Wednesday he should be back for Atlanta

|

1/24/2014 10:00 AM

ehr400 wrote:

People remember he did win more races then Kenny last year right? Eli will be fine. He has the speed and it will work out for him. Kenny is due for a few bad races like most rookies have in the big bike class.

So Eli, when he comes back, is due a few bad races, with him being a rookie also.

|