Any info on the hurt rider?

djc
Edited Date/Time 8/19/2013 11:01am
Sorry if I missed this but any info on the guy in the first moto that looked like he got knocked out maybe? It looked like he was down for a really long time
|
dsklein25
8/17/2013 5:39pm
His name is Colton Aeck. He's ok. Was knocked out got checked at the hospital all scans were clear. Was just released.
djc
8/17/2013 6:00pm
Thanks that is good to hear. It did not look good
Hut
8/17/2013 6:25pm
dsklein25 wrote:
His name is Colton Aeck. He's ok. Was knocked out got checked at the hospital all scans were clear. Was just released.
Glad he is alright

The Shop

resetjet
8/17/2013 7:31pm
How about the flagger that was tending to him. He was really in a rush to get over to him....
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/17/2013 8:44pm
resetjet wrote:
How about the flagger that was tending to him. He was really in a rush to get over to him....
I noticed that too.....looked like he wanted no part of his duties at that point.
I hate to see riders laying knocked out like that, reminded me of the Zach Bell SX crash earlier in the season, the crash where he was just "laying there collecting his thoughts"
ga_pike
8/17/2013 10:03pm
resetjet wrote:
Yep... dude took his sweet ass time getting to him and actually looked to be going for the bike at first while the kid was obviously out cold.
robkinuk
8/18/2013 1:03am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2013 1:05am
ga_pike wrote:
Yep... dude took his sweet ass time getting to him and actually looked to be going for the bike at first while the kid was obviously...
Yep... dude took his sweet ass time getting to him and actually looked to be going for the bike at first while the kid was obviously out cold.
Perhaps he was going for the bike to put it infront of rider to protect him from traffic as the kid was obviously out cold?????
Plus it's the flagger's sole duty to warn oncoming riders of the crash, not abandon his post to go help. He might have been radioing for medical assistance?
Guess you armchair flaggers need to spend a day at the races and voluenteer to flag before coming out with such crass comments!
Lamecake
8/18/2013 1:12am
resetjet wrote:
ga_pike wrote:
Yep... dude took his sweet ass time getting to him and actually looked to be going for the bike at first while the kid was obviously...
I've seem a fair share of racing incidents at the track myself. And these kind of crashes (with KO) always scare the living shit out of me. I tend to run as fast as I can to the hurt guy. But lets be honest.. unless you're a medic, there's not much you can do in these situation, and the rider was already off the track.
level
8/18/2013 2:58pm
That was scary. Glad he's ok.
ga_pike
8/18/2013 3:11pm
ga_pike wrote:
robkinuk wrote:
Perhaps he was going for the bike to put it infront of rider to protect him from traffic as the kid was obviously out cold????? Plus...
Perhaps he was going for the bike to put it infront of rider to protect him from traffic as the kid was obviously out cold?????
Plus it's the flagger's sole duty to warn oncoming riders of the crash, not abandon his post to go help. He might have been radioing for medical assistance?
Guess you armchair flaggers need to spend a day at the races and voluenteer to flag before coming out with such crass comments!
Maybe you should check your additude before you go judging the posts of others. You have no idea who I or anyone else here is or what experience we have. Did you even get to watch the race in GBR?

The "flagger" or whtever he was casually walked over as if nothing had happened. He didn't have a radio or a flag in his hands. He smply turned and started casually walking towards the bike with ZERO concern for the downded rider. In additiona to this incident, there have been reports of a few other times where flaggers failed to perform yesterday. Apparently, there was no flagger out when Martin got nailed on the backside of the jump... and he had been down for a little because he was already on his feet and trying the restart his bike.
48dirtbikekid
8/18/2013 3:17pm
ga_pike wrote:
Maybe you should check your additude before you go judging the posts of others. You have no idea who I or anyone else here is or...
Maybe you should check your additude before you go judging the posts of others. You have no idea who I or anyone else here is or what experience we have. Did you even get to watch the race in GBR?

The "flagger" or whtever he was casually walked over as if nothing had happened. He didn't have a radio or a flag in his hands. He smply turned and started casually walking towards the bike with ZERO concern for the downded rider. In additiona to this incident, there have been reports of a few other times where flaggers failed to perform yesterday. Apparently, there was no flagger out when Martin got nailed on the backside of the jump... and he had been down for a little because he was already on his feet and trying the restart his bike.
I heard of a few other incidents as well, and feel your frustration, this is top of the top in mx supposedly ? Just unneeded potential danger.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
8/18/2013 3:22pm
dsklein25 wrote:
Jasons nephew right ?
geedavid
8/18/2013 3:26pm
ga_pike wrote:
robkinuk wrote:
Perhaps he was going for the bike to put it infront of rider to protect him from traffic as the kid was obviously out cold????? Plus...
ga_pike wrote:
Maybe you should check your additude before you go judging the posts of others. You have no idea who I or anyone else here is or...

So let me see if I have this right, Rob in the UK has ZERO knowledge of the situation but you have FULL knowledge of the concern level of the flagger. If I'm that riders parents I want that flagger to do his job and warn on coming riders and let the trained medical staff do theirs. Go lay down man you must have a headache after all the deep thought you put into your post.
slipdog
8/18/2013 3:30pm
dsklein25 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Jasons nephew right ?
That's what I heard someone say.
dsklein25
8/18/2013 4:18pm
dsklein25 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Jasons nephew right ?
Correct. It's jays nephew.
ga_pike
8/18/2013 5:45pm
robkinuk wrote:
ga_pike wrote:

geedavid wrote:
So let me see if I have this right, Rob in the UK has ZERO knowledge of the situation but you have FULL knowledge of the...
So let me see if I have this right, Rob in the UK has ZERO knowledge of the situation but you have FULL knowledge of the concern level of the flagger. If I'm that riders parents I want that flagger to do his job and warn on coming riders and let the trained medical staff do theirs. Go lay down man you must have a headache after all the deep thought you put into your post.
Obviously you didn't watch the crash or aftermath. The "flagger" in question may not have even been a flagger. He didn't have a flag, nor did he make a move to warn anyone a rider was down. He came from the opposite side very casually, as if nothing happened and appeared to be more concerned with a bike that wasn't on the track. Meanwhile, you have an obviously out cold rider down that NOBODY was protecting. The original comments were to the speed (or lack there of) of the track worker in the bright pink shirt. He looked like he was in extra slow motion. I'm not saying he should have done anything different than what he was going to do because the camera cut away before we saw exactly what he did... however, a little urgency in that event would have been nice.
Grizz
8/18/2013 6:05pm
That dude wasn't a flagger and none of us know what he was thinking. /thread
robkinuk
8/19/2013 5:27am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2013 5:29am
ga_pike wrote:
robkinuk wrote:
ga_pike wrote:

Yes we did get to watch the race live here in UK, thanks to Slicknick & his video torrents.

if you were knocked out cold at a race, who would you want to be first on the scene, an flagger or helper who is untrained? or the Asterisk medical crew? If some one had moved the ko'd rider off the track they could have done fare more damage if he had a spinal cord injury. First priority is to make the area safe for medical staff to attend and you will see on subsequent laps they positioned a mule between rider, staff and on coming riders.

Please elaborate on what medical and or flagging experience you have?

Finally it's attitude not additude, but perhaps you are the one with the attitude to call out anyone trackside without having the full facts!
ga_pike
8/19/2013 6:24am
robkinuk wrote:
Yes we did get to watch the race live here in UK, thanks to Slicknick & his video torrents. if you were knocked out cold at...
Yes we did get to watch the race live here in UK, thanks to Slicknick & his video torrents.

if you were knocked out cold at a race, who would you want to be first on the scene, an flagger or helper who is untrained? or the Asterisk medical crew? If some one had moved the ko'd rider off the track they could have done fare more damage if he had a spinal cord injury. First priority is to make the area safe for medical staff to attend and you will see on subsequent laps they positioned a mule between rider, staff and on coming riders.

Finally it's attitude not additude, but perhaps you are the one with the attitude to call out anyone trackside without having the full facts!
Obviously, your reading comprehension skills aren't very good. The comment/concern was simply that the person in question showed ZERO urgency as to the situation. Would I want a flagger moving a downed rider? Absolutely not and I never said that is what should have happened. I did state his first priority should have been the downed rider, and it should have been. Perhaps the next time you crash, everyone can just stand around and look at you laying in the middle of the track instead of jumping out to warn others you are there. Sure hope you don't get hit by another racer waiting for someone to find a 4 wheeler or Mule to put in front of you.

As far as my experience, I am in the medical industry, have been for over 15 years and I've also flagged on the national level multiple times while I was a racer and after I finished my career. Again, before you go questioning people, you may want to make sure you know who they are. How about you? Care to elaborate on your experience?

I'm also glad you have designated yourself the grammar Nazi for the day. It's nice that some people like yourself have the luxury of always posting everything perfectly.
jndmx
8/19/2013 6:24am
dsklein25 wrote:
Hut wrote:
Glad he is alright
X 1000...that was an ugly looking crash.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/19/2013 10:55am
From Colton...

I would like to update my status after a nasty crash at Utah that left me unconscious . I am very sore , but my scan came back clear.
I would like to thank the many people that contacted me for their support , God for keeping me safe, the Asterisk crew, Troy Lee for never compromising on the quality of his helmets, and gear, and Bob Miyako for making sure I had a brand new helmet before the race, and my family for being there . Give me a follow @ColtonAeck526

Thank you,
Colton Aeck TREMX.com/Pasha Racing
Choppy
8/19/2013 10:57am
robkinuk wrote:
Yes we did get to watch the race live here in UK, thanks to Slicknick & his video torrents. if you were knocked out cold at...

ga_pike wrote:
Obviously, your reading comprehension skills aren't very good. The comment/concern was simply that the person in question showed ZERO urgency as to the situation. Would I...
Obviously, your reading comprehension skills aren't very good. The comment/concern was simply that the person in question showed ZERO urgency as to the situation. Would I want a flagger moving a downed rider? Absolutely not and I never said that is what should have happened. I did state his first priority should have been the downed rider, and it should have been. Perhaps the next time you crash, everyone can just stand around and look at you laying in the middle of the track instead of jumping out to warn others you are there. Sure hope you don't get hit by another racer waiting for someone to find a 4 wheeler or Mule to put in front of you.

As far as my experience, I am in the medical industry, have been for over 15 years and I've also flagged on the national level multiple times while I was a racer and after I finished my career. Again, before you go questioning people, you may want to make sure you know who they are. How about you? Care to elaborate on your experience?

I'm also glad you have designated yourself the grammar Nazi for the day. It's nice that some people like yourself have the luxury of always posting everything perfectly.
The guy should've ran over, picked him up and put him on the side of the track? Or what exactly would you like him to do? I'd prefer he man not panic and think things through as apposed to showing urgency and doing something insanely dumb like moving me.
jgmxdad251
8/19/2013 11:01am
GuyB wrote:
From Colton... I would like to update my status after a nasty crash at Utah that left me unconscious . I am very sore , but...
From Colton...

I would like to update my status after a nasty crash at Utah that left me unconscious . I am very sore , but my scan came back clear.
I would like to thank the many people that contacted me for their support , God for keeping me safe, the Asterisk crew, Troy Lee for never compromising on the quality of his helmets, and gear, and Bob Miyako for making sure I had a brand new helmet before the race, and my family for being there . Give me a follow @ColtonAeck526

Thank you,
Colton Aeck TREMX.com/Pasha Racing
Glad to hear! So scary to see him laying there not moving. This sport is brutal sometimes. Thx for the update GuyB.

Post a reply to: Any info on the hurt rider?

The Latest