Any hopes for a Kawasaki KX450 Factory Edition?

BroFoSho
5/18/2021 4:23pm
Brent wrote:
Extra horsepower in motocross 450 cc four strokes is not for speed, it is for additional torque. Gearing is for speed. Where I ride there are...
Extra horsepower in motocross 450 cc four strokes is not for speed, it is for additional torque. Gearing is for speed.

Where I ride there are a lot of fair sized jumps directly out of tight corners.

Extra Horsepower provides additional torque so I can seat bounce a jump out of a corner in a higher gear.

By extension, being able to ride in a higher gear during a moto is less tiring to the rider and compresses the suspension less. The master of this is Ken Roczen.

BTW, Experienced Motocross racers don’t “hang on”, they ride with their lower body clamped to the motorcycle with their legs.

Says he needs extra power on a 450 to do jumps out of a corner.

Supermini bike is able to do the same jump out of a corner....
5/18/2021 5:09pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2021 5:17pm
Brent wrote:
Extra horsepower in motocross 450 cc four strokes is not for speed, it is for additional torque. Gearing is for speed. Where I ride there are...
Extra horsepower in motocross 450 cc four strokes is not for speed, it is for additional torque. Gearing is for speed.

Extra Horsepower provides additional torque so I can seat bounce a jump out of a corner in a higher gear.

By extension, being able to ride in a higher gear during a moto is less tiring to the rider and compresses the suspension less. The master of this is Ken Roczen.

BTW, Experienced Motocross racers don’t “hang on”, they ride with their lower body clamped to the motorcycle with their legs.

BroFoSho wrote:
Says he needs extra power on a 450 to do jumps out of a corner. Supermini bike is able to do the same jump out of...

This. And that quick supermini kid has already completely obliterated that outside line before the jump was even worth thinking about accelerating for.
yz133rider
5/18/2021 5:32pm
Brent wrote:

BroFoSho wrote:
Says he needs extra power on a 450 to do jumps out of a corner. Supermini bike is able to do the same jump out of...

This. And that quick supermini kid has already completely obliterated that outside line before the jump was even worth thinking about accelerating for.
That kid also weighs 85lbs with zero fear.
5/18/2021 5:35pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2021 7:06pm
BroFoSho wrote:

yz133rider wrote:
That kid also weighs 85lbs with zero fear.
Dude. That kid with skills can fuck these garage queens that "need a 450" up on his 100 wearing a backpack with his bodyweight in his favorite Minecraft figurines.

The Shop

Brent
5/18/2021 6:07pm
If you know, you know.
wildbill
5/18/2021 6:27pm
CivBars wrote:
What a Pony Queen..

That bike needs less hp. Yosh could be building a pipe so you can ride it rather than just hold on.
Brent wrote:

And, it's also exhilarating to use this, by wheelying (allow the participle) into the jump face, and clearing that mofo.

Could be a seatbounce involved. Wink
Brent
5/18/2021 6:38pm
CivBars wrote:
What a Pony Queen..

That bike needs less hp. Yosh could be building a pipe so you can ride it rather than just hold on.
Brent wrote:

wildbill wrote:
And, it's also exhilarating to use this, by wheelying (allow the participle) into the jump face, and clearing that mofo.

Could be a seatbounce involved. Wink
UNLESS there is a big kicker at the top of the jump that you only hit with your rear tire. ( ask Cameron McAdoo about this).
Blink

Post a reply to: Any hopes for a Kawasaki KX450 Factory Edition?

The Latest