Any graphics companies use HP Latex printers?

DLP600
I am looking to purchase a large format HP latex printer for another purpose but was wondering which brand or type of printers most of the graphics companies use. I am wondering if I could use the HP for some backgrounds for myself and friends. Thanks.
|
pacman00
5/26/2022 1:54pm
Not latex but it's a toss up between the epson/summa setup and roland vg2 and soon the vg3 for eco solvent
ifrider32
5/26/2022 7:37pm
DLP600 wrote:
I am looking to purchase a large format HP latex printer for another purpose but was wondering which brand or type of printers most of the...
I am looking to purchase a large format HP latex printer for another purpose but was wondering which brand or type of printers most of the graphics companies use. I am wondering if I could use the HP for some backgrounds for myself and friends. Thanks.
yes. we have used HP Latex for many years. overall it's great.
we actually have one for sale if you are interested in good condition used.
we have been printing custom stickers/graphics all digital for over 20 years.
DLP600
5/27/2022 1:20pm
DLP600 wrote:
I am looking to purchase a large format HP latex printer for another purpose but was wondering which brand or type of printers most of the...
ifrider32 wrote:
yes. we have used HP Latex for many years. overall it's great. we actually have one for sale if you are interested in good condition used...
yes. we have used HP Latex for many years. overall it's great.
we actually have one for sale if you are interested in good condition used.
we have been printing custom stickers/graphics all digital for over 20 years.
What model? CO might be too far!

The Shop

ifrider32
5/27/2022 1:41pm
HP Latex 360, could maybe ship or meet half way.
DLP600
5/27/2022 2:18pm
ifrider32 wrote:
HP Latex 360, could maybe ship or meet half way.
Thanks, because I'm brand new to large format printing I feel like I need support from a dealer. I am deciding between a Latex 335 or 365...leaning towards the 365. Do you mind me asking which vinyl and laminate film you use for MX products with the HP's?
AMDnutt
5/27/2022 2:37pm
We use Mimaki, Canon (Oce), Roland along with UV cured screen printing for high quantity jobs. Been in graphics for over 35 years...
HP machines are nice, I like the Mimaki for the production world a little better but that is just my preference. Roland also makes good equipment. As for Latex, it is good but Canon has a gel printer that is really nice (and fast) and is very durable.
You are going down a good path making sure you line up with a good dealer as service is the highest priority. We are within 2 hours drive of our techs and they usually arrive same day if we call early enough! :-)

As for materials - there are many that will work depending on your needs....
aedwards07
5/27/2022 7:48pm
AMDnutt wrote:
We use Mimaki, Canon (Oce), Roland along with UV cured screen printing for high quantity jobs. Been in graphics for over 35 years... HP machines are...
We use Mimaki, Canon (Oce), Roland along with UV cured screen printing for high quantity jobs. Been in graphics for over 35 years...
HP machines are nice, I like the Mimaki for the production world a little better but that is just my preference. Roland also makes good equipment. As for Latex, it is good but Canon has a gel printer that is really nice (and fast) and is very durable.
You are going down a good path making sure you line up with a good dealer as service is the highest priority. We are within 2 hours drive of our techs and they usually arrive same day if we call early enough! :-)

As for materials - there are many that will work depending on your needs....
This I totally agree with. I’ve been doing this for about 15 years now and current own Adept Creative. There’s a lot for people to learn. There’s a lot of great companies out there now along with a bunch of crap. I wouldn’t buy a latex printer but that’s just me. As far as templates there are plenty of websites that sell them. I make all of my own for all the new bikes. Some of the old bikes I buy, but all the popular stuff I make.
9/10/2023 3:51pm

Hey Guys, I use a HP Latex 360 and have recently been trying to improve my KTM orange and Honda Red. 

I run Flexi 22, and substance x1 material. What profile and pass rates are you running? What colour CMYK codes are you using for those bikes, any help would be awesome 

I have been running a modified Generic profile over the substance one and at 12PP 110% density 

kind regards

clay

Post a reply to: Any graphics companies use HP Latex printers?

The Latest