Any Vitards in Austin for MotoGP?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/20/2018 10:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2018 10:18 AM

There is usually a bunch. Perfect weather today with some rain expected late Saturday. My wife works at the Airport and bumped into Racer X Publisher Scott Wallenberg looking for a lost item. When he said it would have a RacerX sticker on it he was likely surprised when she answered "my husband has a big one of those on his truck" cheerful
He was very nice to her and they shared pictures( she showed him Spoaks Motopark that I am helping, they just got a new truck from me this week).

It looks like they had Marc Marquez dress up like some kind of flaming Cowboy for a promo photo. Cool graphics on the Honda though. Personally I hope he finally gets beat after winning the last 6 Cota races because he makes it boring. He's on my shit list after crashing everyone including Rossi at the last race, so we may see some fireworks.
Crash.net is a good place to keep up with things.

Photo
|

4/20/2018 10:42 AM

They had him barrel race a horse, not sure who won.

|

4/20/2018 11:56 AM

I'm just going to the race on Sunday. Got other things to do this weekend. They just ground down some of the bumps. In some places they're down below the surface layer and into the more abrasive substrate. Some are worried tires won't last and they may have a mandatory pit stop during the race.

|

4/20/2018 11:58 AM

Which reminds me. The Handbuilt Motorcycle show is great. They've moved it to The Statesman parking lot. The wall of death is always fun to watch.

|

4/20/2018 12:19 PM

|

4/20/2018 1:19 PM

I wish I was going, on my bucket list for sure. I think Marquez has this in the bag, he is so much faster at this track than anyone and he has something to prove. Rossi will have to punt him in practice because he won't see him in the race. Besides that Rossi has punted his share of riders over the years so he has no room to bitch. Ask Sete Gibernau if he cares that Marquez pushed Rossi off the track?

I just hope it's a good battle and they all stay safe.

|

4/20/2018 2:01 PM

RV mentions in the interview that he's going Friday night and maybe Sat. too?

|

4/20/2018 3:15 PM

Present. Oh wait, I live here.

|

So long as we are dirty, we are pure.

4/20/2018 6:48 PM

I'll be there Sunday working the GoPro rig with my MXR demo dressed up with Nate Adams graphics and my Supermoto demo on display. PLEASE come by and say hi!

|

4/20/2018 7:54 PM

When VR46 rips by, please bow for me.

I can’t even imagine watch those speed at real. Be like watching a one way tennis match.

No Grid girls though, what up?

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

4/21/2018 3:56 AM

Gotta leave town this morning, we hit Murphy’s last night!

|

4/21/2018 8:54 AM

I think I might go.

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

4/21/2018 9:27 AM

I live just inside one of the major freeway intersections, and last night it sounded like MotoGP out there, bikes ripping at high speeds around the elevated turn ramps. It's probably the best simulation of a racetrack available to the common rider, and they were on it.cheerful

Might go, had planned on working and riding at Spoaks MX (about 15 min. from COTA), especially after some rain. It would be nice to go network, It's not too easy though on that huge piece of property with a race going on. If you don't sit by a giant TV screen you can't see much, so the couch seems like a good option.

Austin Del Valle MX is so close to COTA you could hit it in a par 5, if they had the track open late for night practice I figured a bunch of us could hang, but they don't.

|

4/21/2018 10:31 AM

I’m only 75 miles away from Austin. Can you buy tickets at the track? I’ve never been to a motogp and tomorrow I’m not doing anything.

|

GP740
Since 1987

4/21/2018 10:41 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

I’m only 75 miles away from Austin. Can you buy tickets at the track? I’ve never been to a motogp and tomorrow I’m not doing ...more

Yes, they sell GA tickets at the gate for $59. If you ride a motorcycle to it, free parking. Auto's are $20 to park. And bring several hundred to eat and drink.

|

So long as we are dirty, we are pure.

4/21/2018 11:13 AM

MotoGP is amazing to watch. Go Rossi, even tho the boy picked his number because of Marc

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93

4/21/2018 6:56 PM

I’m in San Antonio. Anyone going from SA or passing through ? Will throw down gas money....

|

GP740
Since 1987

4/21/2018 10:12 PM

I’m stuck at a wedding tomorrow at the four seasons downtown Austin ?

|

4/22/2018 8:51 AM

What channel is it on? Is it even televised?

|

4/22/2018 8:57 AM

BEIN tv live ... watching now

5in of snow still outside

|