Any Pourcel News

11/29/2010 2:44pm
burn1986 wrote:
It's starting to look pretty sad that a talent like Pourcel's is in jeopardy of being lost this SX season. It would have been good to...
It's starting to look pretty sad that a talent like Pourcel's is in jeopardy of being lost this SX season. It would have been good to see him wind up on a factory team, but since the season is shaping up, it looks more like he is going to be relegated to a privateer or satellite team. Oh well, that's racing I guess.
When did he finish in the top 3 in a 450 race? He will be fast but he was fading this summer on a 250F, so good luck on a 450....
mjskier
11/29/2010 3:38pm
The fading was real obvious, but only outdoor. Never a factor in SX where he didn't have to deal with the heat.
BTW, I was watching college volleyball and one of the Hawaii girls had a condition where she couldn't sweat. She had to pour water on herself after each time out. VB, especially indoor, is a lot less stressful on the body than outdoor motocross. If Christophe does indeed suffer from a similar condition I'm even more impressed by what he has achieved over the last 2 seasons.
KAWboy14
11/29/2010 3:39pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2010 3:41pm
burn1986 wrote:
It's starting to look pretty sad that a talent like Pourcel's is in jeopardy of being lost this SX season. It would have been good to...
It's starting to look pretty sad that a talent like Pourcel's is in jeopardy of being lost this SX season. It would have been good to see him wind up on a factory team, but since the season is shaping up, it looks more like he is going to be relegated to a privateer or satellite team. Oh well, that's racing I guess.
When did he finish in the top 3 in a 450 race? He will be fast but he was fading this summer on a 250F, so...
When did he finish in the top 3 in a 450 race? He will be fast but he was fading this summer on a 250F, so good luck on a 450....
.....thats exactly why he had to purchase his own bike, plus teams are tired of having trucks at the races with no riders from staying hurt all the time! he will have to prove he isnt made of glass and can go forward for the whole series if he wants a real ride. (i for one, believes he can do it!)
mx.jah
11/29/2010 6:29pm
How about sitting out SX then ride the N°14 scooter outdoors?

The Shop

f4ctry
11/29/2010 7:05pm
jeffro756 wrote:
I really want a ride from a US team and i am not getting any traction and i have a reputation for being aloof with the...
I really want a ride from a US team and i am not getting any traction and i have a reputation for being aloof with the US fans and media, so my plan is to deny any interviews to the US media outlets and do one in French so no one in my market of interest can read it.
You think hes going to get a ride as a result of doing a media interview? Rocks in your head....and do you genuinely believe the BS those interviews have in them....half truths at best most of them
jeffro756
11/29/2010 8:05pm
f4ctry wrote:
You think hes going to get a ride as a result of doing a media interview? Rocks in your head....and do you genuinely believe the BS...
You think hes going to get a ride as a result of doing a media interview? Rocks in your head....and do you genuinely believe the BS those interviews have in them....half truths at best most of them
No, probably not. I just think when people are questioning your desire you should fo what you can to convince them it is there, in the market you are trying to get a job in. I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes though, and I have no doubt that his agent is on it. Just daydreaming that we, as fans, matter.
robkinuk
11/30/2010 2:11am
Christophe's doing a JMB, he's been signed to a Moto GP team for 2011, fact!Wink
Kinetic1
11/30/2010 6:05am
robkinuk wrote:
Christophe's doing a JMB, he's been signed to a Moto GP team for 2011, fact!Wink
Wouldn't that be something. I could support that move. He would fit right in with those guys.Whistling
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
11/30/2010 8:22am
Chris Pourcel's comments in his recent interview in this month's French magazine MX Mag:

"I have had various offers but none were interesting. And contrary to what is being said, I am not asking crazy numbers. It is important to know that I have never received a proposal from Kawasaki though, we never discussed any plan for 2011 and how would Kawasaki know how much II asked anyway since they never discussed with my agent."

"I know that Monster and Kawi Factory wanted to keep me" (implementing, Kawi US didn't)

"I refused KTM's offer right away, it wasn't interesting at all. We also got an offer from Honda."

about MC's comments: "he heard stuff and interpreted them but how can he know I am asking for too much money. He had a great career. Maybe he's a bit bitter that it's all behind him and maybe he's a bit jealous of the young guys who succeed nowadays. What he did in his career is incredible but he cannot put himself in my position. He never had an accident like mine to really realise the level of risks we are taking"

"I would like to be respected for my level. I don't understand why I would be racing with the top 4 and be less paid then them. Everyone knows that I am not riding to finish 15th."

"I believe there will be something good in the end. Maybe not exactly what I want, but to ride in front there is always a way to find something reasonable"

To a question about his agent being paid only if CP makes money: "That's his job. If I say yes to a proposal that means he would have found something good and would have done a good job. But the goal is not to be the richest rider, I just want a good contract, good bikes and good people around me. Just what I feel deserving. That's what I need to be happy in life and on the bike."

"no return to the GP right now. There will always be a good bike in the US where some private teams have factory bikes"

"there were talks of a 450 PC a few months ago but it's Kawi USA that didn't want it to happen. I had an appointment with a Japanese representative who wanted me to ride factory bikes in the Factory team, not under PC. Since, no news"

"I am still in contract with JT Racing, the project is interesting but for right now they don't have the right financing to support it."
stofcri
11/30/2010 8:23am
jasonv43 wrote:
Ever heard of Steve Matthes? He's kind of a big deal.
kongols wrote:
Dude who knows a lot about WW2. Yeah, heard of him.
jasonv43 wrote:
I did a search on google and this is the best picture I could find of him. Thought it might help. [img]https://www.c-cband.org/images/matthes_playing_clarinet_2006_commencement.jpg[/img]
I did a search on google and this is the best picture I could find of him. Thought it might help.

lol... more serenity does'nt exhist according his last MX mag ITW... wait & see
Neutra
11/30/2010 9:27am
"I am still in contract with JT Racing, the project is interesting but for right now they don't have the right financing to support it."

You meant "contact" I suppose, right?

Post a reply to: Any Pourcel News

The Latest