Any Pourcel News

burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 1:32pm
It's starting to look pretty sad that a talent like Pourcel's is in jeopardy of being lost this SX season. It would have been good to see him wind up on a factory team, but since the season is shaping up, it looks more like he is going to be relegated to a privateer or satellite team. Oh well, that's racing I guess.
|
jo2910
11/22/2010 8:21am
It's very weird how quiet it is! I was expecting thr rumor mill to get shifted from Reedy to him when they announce Team 22. Has anyone seen the guy in the last months is he still in France or back in states?
mx_563
11/22/2010 9:20am Edited Date/Time 11/22/2010 9:21am
Usually if a rider can't get hooked up with a ride in the US and doesn't want to race in Europe, he ends up in Canada.....so what's up Matthes? What do you know??? Tongue Ha ha!!!

Seriously though, I wonder if we'll see a "Three Seven Seven Motorsports" rig at Anaheim and one pissed off, motivated Frenchmen.
I think that'd be cool.

The Shop

11/22/2010 9:29am
From recent news (Bercy SX), Pourcel probably won't ride the 2011 US SX season.

jamma10
11/22/2010 9:44am

If thats true, it will be ridiculous.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
11/22/2010 9:44am
Even though I think this is good to give him time to heal, it seems all his injuries have come from the outdoors, not SX.
11/22/2010 9:54am
With Musquin possibly out and Bynrer definetly out and no factory buccking up the cash for Reed..........

.....Pourcel is looking like he might be back in.

Theres always a rainy day fund laying around somewhere and I stand by my earlier assesment that CP377 will bank a million bucks in fiscal year 11

He wont get his demands met.....but he banks a million.
flarider
11/22/2010 10:00am
With Musquin possibly out and Bynrer definetly out and no factory buccking up the cash for Reed.......... .....Pourcel is looking like he might be back in...
With Musquin possibly out and Bynrer definetly out and no factory buccking up the cash for Reed..........

Theres always a rainy day fund laying around somewhere and I stand by my earlier assesment that CP377 will bank a million bucks in fiscal year 11

You can bank on this, BTOSports/BBMX ain't got that kinda funds
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
11/22/2010 10:14am
With Musquin possibly out and Bynrer definetly out and no factory buccking up the cash for Reed.......... .....Pourcel is looking like he might be back in...

Maybe, but its getting kind of late. I think he needs to go ahead and take an SX ride - whatever he can get. He may not be completely healed, but he needs the practice on the 450, IMO.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
11/22/2010 10:43am

What openings if any are there with the GP Teams?
Lets say if he wanted to race the MX1 World Championships?

I honestly cant see a kid of his level not racing anywhere in 2011.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
11/22/2010 10:44am
Ridiculous!

I really hope there's something we are missing because from how it seems, and from his letter to the public, it sounds like he thinks way too highly of his talents. I like the guy, he's a great kid, but this is just sad. He hasn't proven what he can do on a 450, and has only won regional championships in the 250s.

I'm pretty sure Bob Hannah would shake his head in disapproval upon hearing what Pourcel is doing.
mxb2
11/22/2010 10:54am
Fuck em, if he does nt wanna race , the series will go on! He has a great talent and a great comeback story, but he is pricing himself out of a ride this year and next year! It s not get any easier for him to get a ride if he s not ridin at all this year! He has nt proved what he can do on a 450 yet! Prove yourself this year and next year the ball is in your court!
calimxer91
11/22/2010 11:04am
Somebody gets injured and he could be in ,but I doubt he would do it for peanuts.
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
11/22/2010 11:35am
I cant believe Honda chose Grant over Pourcel in the first place...
mxpitt23
11/22/2010 11:42am
motokiwi wrote:
I cant believe Honda chose Grant over Pourcel in the first place...
i doubt honda chose grant over pourcell..grant agreed to ride for an amount of money that pourcell wouldnt..i think he is amazing on a dirt bike but i agree with what mc said in his video, i wont miss him. and like rc said on dmxs, its a case of stupid management.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
11/22/2010 11:55am
mxb2 wrote:
Fuck em, if he does nt wanna race , the series will go on! He has a great talent and a great comeback story, but he...
Fuck em, if he does nt wanna race , the series will go on! He has a great talent and a great comeback story, but he is pricing himself out of a ride this year and next year! It s not get any easier for him to get a ride if he s not ridin at all this year! He has nt proved what he can do on a 450 yet! Prove yourself this year and next year the ball is in your court!
I have to agree. It's up to him, so if he rides or doesn't, it won't matter. Life will move on and he will become a has-been. Next...
Billy Jack
11/22/2010 11:59am Edited Date/Time 11/22/2010 12:02pm
mxb2 wrote:
Fuck em, if he does nt wanna race , the series will go on! He has a great talent and a great comeback story, but he...
That's basically what Jeremy McGrath said about Pourcel. I don't blame Pourcel for doing what is in his best interest, but at some point he has to be realistic about what rides are available and who will pay what. He may want what other riders are getting, and that's fine, but right now there may be no teams that can do that. I say ride for a decent team with lower pay, show up everyone who didn't take you and then next season the paycheck will be much better.
Boxvan446
11/22/2010 1:30pm

What happened to Byrner?
mxb2
11/22/2010 1:33pm

Boxvan446 wrote:
What happened to Byrner?
Byrner broken wrist, Bercy!
11/22/2010 2:29pm
he has ride, just doing that mysterious fench BS. If Payton can send Hansen to Austrlia, he surely can continue his relationship with 377. Just a theory.
Grieby54
11/22/2010 2:45pm
burn1986 wrote:
Maybe, but its getting kind of late. I think he needs to go ahead and take an SX ride - whatever he can get. He may...
Maybe, but its getting kind of late. I think he needs to go ahead and take an SX ride - whatever he can get. He may not be completely healed, but he needs the practice on the 450, IMO.
He's never practiced on his 250, always practiced on a 450...

If he doesn't ride this season he won't make a quarter of what was offered to him next season. Why he doesn't pick a ride, prove himself, then ask for more money is beyond me. Whoever his agent is needs to be fired, either the or Pourcel is a dumbass. I know he says he just wants his salary to be as high as his competition, but he could run a fantastic program on less than half a mill per year. Easily.
Xavier
11/22/2010 3:00pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
Ridiculous! I really hope there's something we are missing because from how it seems, and from his letter to the public, it sounds like he thinks...
Ridiculous!

I really hope there's something we are missing because from how it seems, and from his letter to the public, it sounds like he thinks way too highly of his talents. I like the guy, he's a great kid, but this is just sad. He hasn't proven what he can do on a 450, and has only won regional championships in the 250s.

I'm pretty sure Bob Hannah would shake his head in disapproval upon hearing what Pourcel is doing.
"I really hope there's something we are missing"

Bingo.
jackson222
11/22/2010 3:58pm
In the podcast Steve Matthes did last week with Pastrana, Travis said that Pourcel has been riding jet-ski's heaps with David Knight and Tarah Geiger.. Sounds like he's taking the season serious!
motosb
Fantasy
52nd
11/22/2010 6:19pm
What rides are even out there? After the Valli ride went to Wey, I just don't know of
even a privateer team that could pay him half of what he wants. I don't think its about
taking less at this time. I think its too late to get any ride other than prob ride for free.
I hope im wrong.
11/22/2010 6:20pm

Rainy day fund? W T F ?

Maybe Mitch can write off his nest egg Roth IRA to capitalize on foreign markets.

Post a reply to: Any Pourcel News

The Latest