Any News on Forkner?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2020 4:55 AM

He went down pretty hard and looked like his back was causing him some pain. At one moment he looked to be throwing in the towel then remounted (facing the wrong direction again albeit to continue without cutting the track hahaha) and finished the race.

Hope he's feeling better. Was bizarre seeing him do so well in his heat race only to fade in the main.

|

1/20/2020 6:09 AM

He always is falling down and jumping around like something is majorly hurt. Good for TV I guess?

|

1/20/2020 6:11 AM

He does seem to express his pain in a pretty animated way most of the time. Hard to tell if it was serious but he did get thrown off pretty hard.

|

1/20/2020 6:15 AM

newmason wrote:

He always is falling down and jumping around like something is majorly hurt. Good for TV I guess?

Every time my 8yr old daughter falls down she goes full drama too "OOOOuuchie... I got a boo-boo!!!" laughing

|

1/20/2020 6:18 AM

observeroffacts wrote:

He does seem to express his pain in a pretty animated way most of the time. Hard to tell if it was serious but he did get thrown off pretty hard.

I've had that with some crashes. The adrenaline gets you off the ground and then suddenly the reality of your injury kicks in and you drop again. If anything good comes from this hopefully it's a dent to his ego.

|

1/20/2020 6:18 AM

So if your Mitch, do you blame it on bike setup or rider technique? How would you approach this crash issue as a team manager?

|

1/20/2020 6:22 AM

BUTWHY? wrote:

So if your Mitch, do you blame it on bike setup or rider technique? How would you approach this crash issue as a team manager?

He’s been crash prone his entire career not just recently. From outside looking in it seems like he rides a little above his head quite often. The sad thing is he’d probably still be up front if he backed it down a little.

|

1/20/2020 6:22 AM

Forkner and his Homies
Photo

|

United States of America

1/20/2020 6:53 AM

I think this incident was more a track gremlin getting him. That track was tricky and changing during both races. Could be a technique issue, but I'm not the guy to determine that.

|

1/20/2020 7:04 AM

I though RC was going to blow an O-ring when he was talking about Forkner not getting up and remounting immediately.

|

1/20/2020 7:23 AM

Yep, doesn't really compute in RC's champion brain. "You can stand and have all your limbs, get on the bike and pass everybody back". "Boy, i hit a boat one time in the whoops and still finished 6th"

|

1/20/2020 7:30 AM

So... any news on Forkner?

|

1/20/2020 7:51 AM

Would you guys be singing a different tune if they found out after the race that he had a lacerated kidney or ruptured spleen? I was right there with Ricky wanting him to move faster but c'mon fellas.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

1/20/2020 7:55 AM

plowboy wrote:

Would you guys be singing a different tune if they found out after the race that he had a lacerated kidney or ruptured spleen? I was right there with Ricky wanting him to move faster but c'mon fellas.

True. But lets be honest, that is not the first time that Forkner has taken a lot of time to get up and back riding the bike when he has been "fine" after a crash.

It's not completely crazy or unfair to question it.

|

1/20/2020 8:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2020 8:09 AM

No medical news? He has learned the ET3 slow get up technique...

I thought he was showing restraint riding around in 3rd to see if the race would come to him.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

1/20/2020 8:27 AM

Wonder if he had sex for breakfast like a champion the next morning

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

1/20/2020 8:29 AM

plowboy wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

True. But lets be honest, that is not the first time that Forkner has taken a lot of time to get up and back riding the bike when he has been "fine" after a crash.

It's not completely crazy or unfair to question it.

Questioning is one thing...some folks go straight to insultswink

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

1/20/2020 8:31 AM

crashnburn11 wrote:

Yep, doesn't really compute in RC's champion brain. "You can stand and have all your limbs, get on the bike and pass everybody back". "Boy, i hit a boat one time in the whoops and still finished 6th"

I recall that race. Was a nice boat. That's when the infield was decorated with trucks, boats and all kinds of things. I was waiting for the "don't make them like they use to" remark. But it is hard to argue his point.

|

1/20/2020 8:46 AM

He took a hard hit. His social media has been quiet since the drama at A1, he said on DMXS last week that he was staying off of it. I guess we'll have to wait for the team PR.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

1/20/2020 9:03 AM

observeroffacts wrote:

Photo
|

1/20/2020 10:27 AM

He did look like his back was hurting a little when getting up. I could be wrong, but it didn’t look like he was faking.

|

1/20/2020 10:43 AM

After the crash, he was about 2 or 3 seconds slower per lap than he was before crashing. It took him 3 laps to pass Macler and he couldn't pass Karnow, Castelo or Wageman. So I would say something was definitely wrong with him or his bike after the crash.

|

1/20/2020 10:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2020 10:46 AM

Forkner is good with the after crash drama, but he got rag dolled on that one for sure. He also didn’t show that his back was hurt until after he got up and started to move again. I really hope his back isn’t injured.

|

1/23/2020 12:50 PM

hamncheeze wrote:

He took a hard hit. His social media has been quiet since the drama at A1, he said on DMXS last week that he was staying off of it. I guess we'll have to wait for the team PR.

He gets grilled on social media pretty hard for his ego haha he’s pretty cringe worthy now it’s almost comical.

|

1/23/2020 1:20 PM

observeroffacts wrote:

ProbablyDave wrote:

I've had that with some crashes. The adrenaline gets you off the ground and then suddenly the reality of your injury kicks in and you drop again. If anything good comes from this hopefully it's a dent to his ego.

100% his little attitude is starting to get old.

|

1/23/2020 1:46 PM

I don't know, maybe a bit bruised but as he finished A2 i think he will be good to go. That crash though was quite painful to watch ; he did not have the best luck in the whoops of course with the huck a buck (again... that must be really tough in term of confidence, i wonder if a steering damper could help), and then the bike was in the wrong direction, stuck on the tough block, plus he had to kickstart it for a bit (magic button would have help too) ... I mean he lost probably an additional 20 seconds with that which relegated him really far back. I think he will come fired up this week end and his starts will help.
|

1/23/2020 1:50 PM

xrmark wrote:

He gets grilled on social media pretty hard for his ego haha he’s pretty cringe worthy now it’s almost comical.

Brought it all on himself. A little humble-pie is just the ticket for Little Mr Inflated-ego.

I can only hope Jett Lawrence doesn't go down the same path.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

1/23/2020 2:09 PM

I don't get some of you people. You bitch and moan about riders not having personality and basically script reading on every podium and interview but when someone like Forkner comes along who has the speed and the attitude your panties get ruffled. He needs to control his riding better but there's no doubt on any given day he can smoke anyone else in the 250 class. Sure he has a big mouth but I'll take that over a personality like Dungey any day. I'm hoping he comes out this weekend and goes 3/3 once again.

|

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

1/23/2020 2:17 PM

ProKawi24 wrote:

I don't get some of you people. You bitch and moan about riders not having personality and basically script reading on every podium and interview but when someone like Forkner comes along who has the speed and the attitude your panties get ruffled. He needs to control his riding better but there's no doubt on any given day he can smoke anyone else in the 250 class. Sure he has a big mouth but I'll take that over a personality like Dungey any day. I'm hoping he comes out this weekend and goes 3/3 once again.

He's been beat down so it's time for a W. He's on my fantasy team...

|

1/23/2020 2:24 PM

SX whoops seem like his kryptonite. I hope he's healthy for outdoors because I'd really like to see the battle between him, Cooper, Ferrandis, Amart, Jmart for the title with the Lawrence bros, Nichols, McElrath, Smitty, and Hampshire in the mix as well. That's it, I'm already ready for MX season!

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.