Any Killer Deals On Shoei Vfx-W's?

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 11:53am
Looking to replace my Shoei's with a couple new ones and I'm always looking to save a buck. The shop I ride for doesn't have a Helmet House account and I don't think Shoei helps out local pro's at all, but they are the only helmet that fits me and that I trust. Does anyone know of any deals? I really want a flat black one and maybe a solid white one or even a Metal Mulisha (laugh at me all you want, that's a good lookin helmet) . I'm a size large. Any idea's of where to look? Thanks!!
|
redrider400
12/28/2010 5:57pm
I bought mine from BTOsports for 299.99 a couple of months ago. I think they are 319.99 now. Its still a good deal.
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2035th
12/28/2010 5:57pm
BTO had some 30%? off, but don't know about colors

That's all I run also
mxb2
12/28/2010 6:11pm
BTO sports, Motosport had some also, and check Extreme supply, they always have leftover stuff at pretty good prices! Motorcycle closeouts also ! Colors and sizes might be harder to find being that they are last years helmets. Dennis Kirk. also
bradmx421
12/28/2010 6:15pm
i have a size large in stock, its the gloss black model. it retails for $441.99

unfortunatly with shoei there isnt alot of "discount room"....best i can offer it for you is $399.99 plus shipping

The Shop

12/28/2010 6:32pm
bradmx421 wrote:
i have a size large in stock, its the gloss black model. it retails for $441.99 unfortunatly with shoei there isnt alot of "discount room"....best i...
i have a size large in stock, its the gloss black model. it retails for $441.99

unfortunatly with shoei there isnt alot of "discount room"....best i can offer it for you is $399.99 plus shipping
Thanks for the offer, but I really prefer the look of the flat black.
12/28/2010 7:11pm
Looking to replace my Shoei's with a couple new ones and I'm always looking to save a buck. The shop I ride for doesn't have a...
Looking to replace my Shoei's with a couple new ones and I'm always looking to save a buck. The shop I ride for doesn't have a Helmet House account and I don't think Shoei helps out local pro's at all, but they are the only helmet that fits me and that I trust. Does anyone know of any deals? I really want a flat black one and maybe a solid white one or even a Metal Mulisha (laugh at me all you want, that's a good lookin helmet) . I'm a size large. Any idea's of where to look? Thanks!!
Shenzi
Fantasy
1233rd
12/28/2010 7:13pm
and then Americans go bitch that people move production to China, laughing my ass off. Yeah, because all those margins are just for bullshit eh, just the manufacturers, distributors and dealers making shit load of money. Too funny.

#justsayin

TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
12/28/2010 7:15pm
If you want a really killer deal, look for sites that sell mountain bike gear, especially downhill stuff. They'll sell TLD and Shoei helmets for $250 new. That's where I got my SE-2.
redrider400
12/28/2010 7:17pm
Shenzi wrote:
and then Americans go bitch that people move production to China, laughing my ass off. Yeah, because all those margins are just for bullshit eh, just...
and then Americans go bitch that people move production to China, laughing my ass off. Yeah, because all those margins are just for bullshit eh, just the manufacturers, distributors and dealers making shit load of money. Too funny.

#justsayin

I used to not be the way I am now, but things are tougher and I don't compromise when it comes to MX unless I absolutely have to. But, you are absolutely correct on what you said.
12/28/2010 8:36pm
CamP wrote:
pity us aussies cant use them in competition unless we buy from aus. thats like the only thing keeping australian bike shops afloat...lol
gotwings
12/28/2010 10:16pm Edited Date/Time 12/28/2010 10:18pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
If you want a really killer deal, look for sites that sell mountain bike gear, especially downhill stuff. They'll sell TLD and Shoei helmets for $250...
If you want a really killer deal, look for sites that sell mountain bike gear, especially downhill stuff. They'll sell TLD and Shoei helmets for $250 new. That's where I got my SE-2.
You realize that TLD makes downhill helmets that look just like Mx helmets but are made lighter and not rated for Mx racing, right???

BTW, I took a header and broke the chinbar off my VFX-W, I would get something else, like a TLD motorcycle helmet.
ND983
Fantasy
2205th
12/28/2010 10:23pm
i saw at cycle gear they are selling shoei helmets 20 percent off until jan 3rd if you have one around you
Bronson905
Fantasy
536th
12/29/2010 1:24am
You can order them through Tagger Designs, he is a SHOEI dealer, along with some other top of the line brands.
MCfan4life
12/29/2010 3:09am
JJones.44 wrote:
pity us aussies cant use them in competition unless we buy from aus. thats like the only thing keeping australian bike shops afloat...lol
JJones you are wrong about not being able to race with US spec helmets. I'll try and explain.

For competition use, in the Motorcycling Australia Competition Rulebook, helmets only need to have a specific Snell/DOT rating (which Shoei meets). I can't remember the exact rating but it's in the rulebook. Helmets do not need to have an Australian Standards sticker for Competition use. The Snell sticker will look similar to this but should have a number (like M90) on it also:

They do however, by law, have to have the Australian Standards sticker for road use.The Aus. Standards sticker for road use will look something like this.

When you try and remove these they will seperate.

I know this because I was a retail manager for 8 years and we had this problem when the first batch of TLD SE helmets arrived in Australia. They were Snell approved but were still awaiting Aus. Standards approval. The importer photocopied the paragraph from the Competition Rulebook to sell with each helmet to ease customers minds.

Just remember it's a pain (an expensive pain) to return a helmet to the US if it's the wrong size and your local dealer needs your support now more than ever. We may not realise it until it's too late, but we really do need our local shops.

DO NOT ask your local dealer to order one in for you to try on. They have to pay freight on that and quite likely won't be able to return it to the importer. And if you do buy from overseas and it is the wrong size, again, DO NOT take it to your local dealer and ask to exchange it for a different size. They will politely (or impolitely) tell you to f**k off ! And rightfully so.

Aussie importers really are trying to reduce costs to compete with the big online shops in the US. It is hurting our economy more than most of us realise. I know, as a consumer, that every $ saved is important too. It's a double edged sword.

Hope this helps.

Hondaracer sorry to hijack your thread, just trying to help a fellow rider.
12/29/2010 6:22am
TriRacer27 wrote:
If you want a really killer deal, look for sites that sell mountain bike gear, especially downhill stuff. They'll sell TLD and Shoei helmets for $250...
gotwings wrote:
You realize that TLD makes downhill helmets that look just like Mx helmets but are made lighter and not rated for Mx racing, right??? BTW, I...
You realize that TLD makes downhill helmets that look just like Mx helmets but are made lighter and not rated for Mx racing, right???

BTW, I took a header and broke the chinbar off my VFX-W, I would get something else, like a TLD motorcycle helmet.
ARAI is top notch as well. Although the Shoeis definitely have the edge in the looks department the ARAI fits great and is adjustable with different pads. Great finish too. Paint is what leaves to be desired on Arais though.....
Shenzi
Fantasy
1233rd
12/29/2010 6:32am
ARAI is top notch as well. Although the Shoeis definitely have the edge in the looks department the ARAI fits great and is adjustable with different...
ARAI is top notch as well. Although the Shoeis definitely have the edge in the looks department the ARAI fits great and is adjustable with different pads. Great finish too. Paint is what leaves to be desired on Arais though.....
just a quick one, 90% of helmets offer "adjustability" for proper fitting by using different cheek and/or crown pads
Albee702
12/29/2010 7:04am
I just got my new shoei helmets two days ago... I've wore all the top notch helmets, Arai, Airow, thor,fox, one, tld, and bell but the shoei is just a step above from all the other ones on the way it fits and looks. Plus the new designs are awesome for this year!
mxb2
12/29/2010 12:42pm
Albee702 wrote:
I just got my new shoei helmets two days ago... I've wore all the top notch helmets, Arai, Airow, thor,fox, one, tld, and bell but the...
I just got my new shoei helmets two days ago... I've wore all the top notch helmets, Arai, Airow, thor,fox, one, tld, and bell but the shoei is just a step above from all the other ones on the way it fits and looks. Plus the new designs are awesome for this year!
How would you rank the TLD helmets?, se-3 looks real good!
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
12/29/2010 12:46pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
gotwings wrote:
You realize that TLD makes downhill helmets that look just like Mx helmets but are made lighter and not rated for Mx racing, right??? BTW, I...

Yes and they sell both the moto and the downhill models. That's how I got my SE-2, which is motocross specific. And their DH models don't look like the moto models - the mouthpiece is completely different.
jock
Fantasy
1st
12/29/2010 1:44pm
JJones.44 wrote:
MCfan4life wrote:
JJones you are wrong about not being able to race with US spec helmets. I'll try and explain. For competition use, in the Motorcycling Australia Competition...
JJones you are wrong about not being able to race with US spec helmets. I'll try and explain.

For competition use, in the Motorcycling Australia Competition Rulebook, helmets only need to have a specific Snell/DOT rating (which Shoei meets). I can't remember the exact rating but it's in the rulebook. Helmets do not need to have an Australian Standards sticker for Competition use. The Snell sticker will look similar to this but should have a number (like M90) on it also:

They do however, by law, have to have the Australian Standards sticker for road use.The Aus. Standards sticker for road use will look something like this.

When you try and remove these they will seperate.

I know this because I was a retail manager for 8 years and we had this problem when the first batch of TLD SE helmets arrived in Australia. They were Snell approved but were still awaiting Aus. Standards approval. The importer photocopied the paragraph from the Competition Rulebook to sell with each helmet to ease customers minds.

Just remember it's a pain (an expensive pain) to return a helmet to the US if it's the wrong size and your local dealer needs your support now more than ever. We may not realise it until it's too late, but we really do need our local shops.

DO NOT ask your local dealer to order one in for you to try on. They have to pay freight on that and quite likely won't be able to return it to the importer. And if you do buy from overseas and it is the wrong size, again, DO NOT take it to your local dealer and ask to exchange it for a different size. They will politely (or impolitely) tell you to f**k off ! And rightfully so.

Aussie importers really are trying to reduce costs to compete with the big online shops in the US. It is hurting our economy more than most of us realise. I know, as a consumer, that every $ saved is important too. It's a double edged sword.

Hope this helps.

Hondaracer sorry to hijack your thread, just trying to help a fellow rider.
Here are the standards you need. MCfan4life is right about the freight costs, I have had
2 helmets sent over and it cost me $50US for each one.

http://www.ma.org.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/MOMS/2011_MoMS_Fol…

Post a reply to: Any Killer Deals On Shoei Vfx-W's?

The Latest