Any Go-Fast tips for a 13 year old?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/17/2021 7:59 AM

Im a kid, who started riding about 2 years ago, and im looking for some go fast tips. Anyone got any?
CRF125FB

|

2/17/2021 8:02 AM

Yes.....don’t worry about going fast,

keep your head over the bars, upshift, quit leaving it a gear to low and keep pounding out the laps.

|

2/17/2021 8:03 AM

Thank you!

|

2/17/2021 8:24 AM

Learn your motorcycle. Maintain it properly.

|

2/17/2021 8:25 AM

turns turns turns

|

2/17/2021 8:32 AM

The best tip is to just Have fun riding your dirtbike.

|

2/17/2021 8:32 AM

Get off vital and go ride your dirt bike.

|

2/17/2021 8:34 AM

You tube some riding technique videos. Practice techniques don’t focus on being fast that will come. When you go out and ride have a purpose. Know what you’re going to work on before you even unload your bike.

|

2/17/2021 9:03 AM

Watch "Jeff matasievich "I'm no chicken" over and over again! Old school, but great basics to follow!

|

2/17/2021 9:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2021 9:05 AM

xrmark wrote:

Yeah!

And learn and implement the fundamentals....speed will follow.

|

2/17/2021 9:11 AM

Squeeze with your legs and work turns. My kid got a lot better last year just riding the turn track at home all summer practicing it.

|

2/17/2021 9:14 AM

Learn tecnique and form first, then worry about speed. The kids that go fast with no technique end up on the ground or hurt fast

|

Indecision is a choice

2/17/2021 9:32 AM

Joshua Knight wrote:

Im a kid, who started riding about 2 years ago, and im looking for some go fast tips. Anyone got any?
CRF125FB

Have you noticed A LOT of these people are saying to work on your "fundamentals"? Yup, the basics are where it's at.

If you work on "form" and getting yourself to just "be on the motorcycle correctly"...from your hands to your elbows...where are they at when you're riding? How about your feet & your knees? Yes, all that REALLY matters.

There are some awesome videos and just watching the really good racers you see on Supercross or Motocross on TV...study them....and you'll be surprised at what you can learn.

Nowadays there are plenty of good coaches, well..and some bad ones, but you can log onto USMCA (United States Motorcycle Coaching Association) & find some near you.

Here are the links:

https://motorcyclecoaching.org

https://usmca.org

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

2/17/2021 10:10 AM

Find a buddy to ride with. Some one just a bit faster. Chase him/her around. Have fun together, lie about how fast you are to each other. Hang out and watch moto on stream/tv and watch how fast guys do it. Emulate them. Think about technique when you ride. Don't worry about the speed - it will come, or it won't. Even slow with good technique is fun.

Hammer 663s

|

2/17/2021 10:11 AM

xrmark wrote:

This is the correct answer....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

2/17/2021 10:13 AM

Improve your physical balance; a killer inner ear is pretty key to motocross success.

|

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

2/17/2021 10:44 AM

xrmark wrote:

i would love to do that if there wasnt any snow on the ground lol

|

2/17/2021 11:08 AM

This is like the 3rd post I’ve seen today with some teenager asking for advice. Anyone else glad they’re here?? Good to see new people coming into the sport and taking enough interest to join a forum to get some advice. Soon they’ll realize motorcycles are WAY better than sitting around scrolling TikTok.

|

2/17/2021 11:18 AM

pay a trainer hundreds of dollars, and make sure somebody is on a 2 way radio with you, yelling at you all the time! JK...

Watch and study other, faster riders, and do what they do...talk to them, they will help. Make sure you know what gear to do a jump in before you do it!

|

2/17/2021 11:22 AM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

This is like the 3rd post I’ve seen today with some teenager asking for advice. Anyone else glad they’re here?? Good to see new people coming into the sport and taking enough interest to join a forum to get some advice. Soon they’ll realize motorcycles are WAY better than sitting around scrolling TikTok.

lucky i dont have it. sick of my the kids at my school telling me all about this dance they did and the meme they saw.

|

2/17/2021 11:29 AM

As mentioned above, form and technique on the most basic skills. Elbows, knees, feet on the pegs, etc. Check the video's linked... Go out and actually practice the specifics until they become automatic. Once you have those headed in the right direction, you will see that it's easier to go faster...

But here is my "tip", the one thing early on that helped me build speed was learning how to use the front brake. Once you understand and feel how it's 80% of your stopping power, you begin to realize how much longer you can hold on the throttle before letting off to brake.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

2/17/2021 11:30 AM

Some sage advice from RC here to help Broc Tickle pick up some speed:

|

2/17/2021 11:34 AM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Joshua Knight wrote:

lucky i dont have it. sick of my the kids at my school telling me all about this dance they did and the meme they saw.

This gives me hope for the future.

Btw, kiddo, don't go pushing too hard for that 85. Your dad "ain't no fool"! You"ve got an EXCELLENT bike for learning the basics AND it's a REALLY GREAT BIKE when it comes to dependabilty and "bang for the buck". I recently raced a Honda "Off-Road" model at a Motocross race and did just fine.

Just keep riding.
Make sure your parents know you truly appreciate having a motorcycle and tell them "thanks" for letting you ride.
Stay on-top of your game in school.
Work on your smarts just as hard as you work on your skills.

I am stoked for you.
You've got it pretty good.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

2/17/2021 11:43 AM

Get an instructor's advice. There's too much to go over in this thread, but there are some basics that will help you. Here are some:
-A motorcycle rolling in the correct direction at speed is the net result of all the forces acting upon it. Learn what those forces are and how to balance them with your body position.
*When going downhill, oppose gravity by leaning back and moving your seating or standing position rearward.
*When going uphill, do the opposite.
*When braking, oppose your own momentum by moving rearward. You should stand to help absorb the bumps.
*When cornering, sit closer to the gas tank and move your inside foot forward to the front axle area. Both these motions put weight on the front tire and help it grip. Learn to lean over as far as you can without crashing. Your head should be somewhere directly over the handlebar (but not crouching down - do it in a relaxed manner).
*When accelerating, lean forward to avoid wheelieing.

All the above should be done with your elbows up, head up and looking forward.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/17/2021 11:45 AM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Stoked to see this. We need more riders!

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/17/2021 11:46 AM

You are going to need a 2 stroke

|

A big Thank you to FLY racing. OMA KTM. 100%. DT-1 Motorex and Bell helmets . Racing for you JG96

2/17/2021 12:14 PM

Highly recommend jumping on a bmx bike and hitting your local park or trails. It’s great training, plus you’ll have a ton of fun learning overall bike skills that can be translated over to the moto bike. It’s not really realistic for most people to ride during the week, but a bmx bike can be hopped on at any time, plus you’ll likely meet some new friends along the way.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

2/17/2021 12:16 PM

Put a stick at your braking point before a corner. Try to brake a little later (past the stick).

|

2/17/2021 2:03 PM

garagedog wrote:

Put a stick at your braking point before a corner. Try to brake a little later (past the stick).

X2. Use the brakes on both wheels, BTW. cool

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/17/2021 2:22 PM

Faster you go, the further forward you have to look.
Elbows up, spend time taking turns in both directions.

|