Antonio Cairoli wants to race at least three more years...and Yamaha dropped him at the end of 2009...

kongols
10/7/2017 10:36pm
ML512 wrote:
http://motocross.transworld.net/news/antonio-cairoli-continued-success/#KUG1GDfYiyKSuk3Q.97 Cool interview that Anton from TWMX did with Cairoli over at MXdN... He mentions in the interview his goal is to at least race until...
http://motocross.transworld.net/news/antonio-cairoli-continued-success/…

Cool interview that Anton from TWMX did with Cairoli over at MXdN...

He mentions in the interview his goal is to at least race until 2020, and if he's competitive for a title will try for even longer...

Also talks about Yamaha basically tell him to go ride for someone else after he won the MXGP title in 09...yikes...
CEMX182 wrote:
My understanding of it was, DeCarli wasn't renewing their deal with Yamaha after 09 (as until that point they were the MX2 effort) and at that...
My understanding of it was, DeCarli wasn't renewing their deal with Yamaha after 09 (as until that point they were the MX2 effort) and at that time, Rinaldi was the 450 effort (the team Philippaerts won on, they were Monster backed, like black Yamaha's for a while). Claudio was signing his deal with KTM (so then DeCarli Racing would then transition to being the Factory KTM 450 effort- still is), long story short, Tony transitioned along with / as well as the team to Orange, rest is history.
RMT wrote:
Don’t bring facts into a good Yamaha hate fest.
Weird you call it "facts" when he opened his post with "My understanding of it was".
10/7/2017 10:43pm
peelout wrote:
i used to really really dislike Tony, mainly because i was a YUGE RV fan, but the last 5 years or so i have really grown...
i used to really really dislike Tony, mainly because i was a YUGE RV fan, but the last 5 years or so i have really grown to like him. somehow i'm even starting to like that other sandbagging punk these days.
RG95 wrote:
that other sandbagger, excuse me? Huh
Ha, yeah that name is not very apt now, it will fade
Spergen
10/7/2017 10:44pm
I respect the guy, but think next year will be tough and keeping herlings down will come back to haunt him Pulling out of the last...
I respect the guy, but think next year will be tough and keeping herlings down will come back to haunt him
Pulling out of the last Moto of the year and his des nations performance are not good signs
My opinion though
He admitted cutting back on his training one he had such a big lead to reduce the risk of injury and as for his MXDN performance I'm sure I read he's getting marred two weeks after. Can you imagine the nag pie he would have to eat of the Mrs if he showed up in plaster ?
10/7/2017 10:48pm
The problem is , who is KTM going to keep signing , Cairoli or Herlings for the next three years?
I can't see them paying the big money for both of them and say they picked Herlings who would be able to pay for Toni?

The Shop

Bearuno
10/8/2017 2:37am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2017 2:43am
The problem is , who is KTM going to keep signing , Cairoli or Herlings for the next three years? I can't see them paying the...
The problem is , who is KTM going to keep signing , Cairoli or Herlings for the next three years?
I can't see them paying the big money for both of them and say they picked Herlings who would be able to pay for Toni?
I'm always surprised by people thinking KTM might have trouble paying for their racing / high dollar Rider sign ups.

They have their sugar daddy in the form of Red Bull. A few years ago, Pit Beirer said that RB matched whatever KTM put into their racing - all of their racing.

I'd not be surprised that it's a much higher percentage of KTMs racing expenses that comes from Red Bull. And, what KTM get from Red Bull, would be but a drop in the Ocean compared to the rest of Red Bull's marketing' efforts.

It's a hell of a thing, having the worlds largest 'marketing' company, as Red Bull are often referred to as being, as one of your compatriot companies

.I'm surprised Red Bull haven't bought the majority shares in KTM, as against the (near) majority being now held by Baja. I suspect it might come down to some form of ownership regulations in Austria. Red Bull could buy KTM with their pocket change, if they were so inclined, and if Pierer / Bajaj and other shareholders wanted a golden handshake into lying by the pool.

I have to add, I'm intrigued by the KTHusky / Rockstar hook up. I've never bothered to see if there is any tie up between RB and RS. Hell, Red Bull might not give a flying f**k about a competitor backing another side of KTMs racing efforts - and, if they indeed have nothing to do with RS, they are perhaps applying the thinking that it's better to not be entirely inveigled with a companies racing efforts, as that can lead to backlash / over saturation of a sponsors relationship.
10/8/2017 2:59am
The problem is , who is KTM going to keep signing , Cairoli or Herlings for the next three years? I can't see them paying the...
Bearuno wrote:
I'm always surprised by people thinking KTM might have trouble paying for their racing / high dollar Rider sign ups. They have their sugar daddy in...
I'm always surprised by people thinking KTM might have trouble paying for their racing / high dollar Rider sign ups.

They have their sugar daddy in the form of Red Bull. A few years ago, Pit Beirer said that RB matched whatever KTM put into their racing - all of their racing.

I'd not be surprised that it's a much higher percentage of KTMs racing expenses that comes from Red Bull. And, what KTM get from Red Bull, would be but a drop in the Ocean compared to the rest of Red Bull's marketing' efforts.

It's a hell of a thing, having the worlds largest 'marketing' company, as Red Bull are often referred to as being, as one of your compatriot companies

.I'm surprised Red Bull haven't bought the majority shares in KTM, as against the (near) majority being now held by Baja. I suspect it might come down to some form of ownership regulations in Austria. Red Bull could buy KTM with their pocket change, if they were so inclined, and if Pierer / Bajaj and other shareholders wanted a golden handshake into lying by the pool.

I have to add, I'm intrigued by the KTHusky / Rockstar hook up. I've never bothered to see if there is any tie up between RB and RS. Hell, Red Bull might not give a flying f**k about a competitor backing another side of KTMs racing efforts - and, if they indeed have nothing to do with RS, they are perhaps applying the thinking that it's better to not be entirely inveigled with a companies racing efforts, as that can lead to backlash / over saturation of a sponsors relationship.
Good point but I don't think that KTM would have a problem paying for both, they just might not want to and everyone has a budget or they might buy all the riders and push the other manufacturers out completely?
Bidirella
10/8/2017 3:31am
Dungey is retired now, so they have those millions on the bank again.

Post a reply to: Antonio Cairoli wants to race at least three more years...and Yamaha dropped him at the end of 2009...

The Latest