Antonio Cairoli inks Lamborghini deal

There are always certain deals that catch the attention of fans across the globe and make waves. Unsurprisingly, there is a good chance that Antonio Cairoli's newest contract will do exactly that. Cairoli announced on social media moments ago that he has just inked a deal with Lamborghini! That is undoubtedly another step forward for the sport.

"Super pumped about my new partnership with @Lamborghini. Always in love with the passion that this brand puts in this fantastic cars."

This new deal comes on the eve of the Grand Prix of Great Britain, where Antonio Cairoli will attempt to extend his series lead in the 2019 FIM Motocross World Championship. Cairoli swept the opening round, the Grand Prix of Patagonia-Argentina, and therefore has a cushion of six points over Tim Gajser.

https://mxvice.com/104220/new-sponsor-antonio-cairoli
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/19/2019 1:17pm
Retire after his 10th title this year and straight into car racing for Lambo?? Wink
jeffro503
3/19/2019 1:37pm
Man , that is Freakin' sweet!!!! Congrats Tony!!

The Shop

Jrewing
3/19/2019 3:03pm
Impending Ballin Comp between JH84 and AC222 about how many lambos...
3/19/2019 3:26pm
There are always certain deals that catch the attention of fans across the globe and make waves. Unsurprisingly, there is a good chance that Antonio Cairoli's...
There are always certain deals that catch the attention of fans across the globe and make waves. Unsurprisingly, there is a good chance that Antonio Cairoli's newest contract will do exactly that. Cairoli announced on social media moments ago that he has just inked a deal with Lamborghini! That is undoubtedly another step forward for the sport.

"Super pumped about my new partnership with @Lamborghini. Always in love with the passion that this brand puts in this fantastic cars."

This new deal comes on the eve of the Grand Prix of Great Britain, where Antonio Cairoli will attempt to extend his series lead in the 2019 FIM Motocross World Championship. Cairoli swept the opening round, the Grand Prix of Patagonia-Argentina, and therefore has a cushion of six points over Tim Gajser.

https://mxvice.com/104220/new-sponsor-antonio-cairoli
TC definitely deserves this but how is this a step forward for the sport. These deals are only a step forward for the rider and maybe the brand.
Educate me on the advantages for the sport as i bet I haven’t looked at all angles of these types of deals.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/19/2019 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2019 3:50pm
disbanded wrote:
I wish Tony was my step dad
I'd rather Jill be my step-mom Laughing

JP! She's a looker though!
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
3/19/2019 3:54pm
Didn’t Bob Hannah buy his mechanic a Ferrari in the 80’s?
3/19/2019 4:01pm
731chopper wrote:
Didn’t Bob Hannah buy his mechanic a Ferrari in the 80’s?
this topic isnt about who's dad has the biggest dick ...
newmann
3/19/2019 4:44pm
Cairoli is killing it. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. I still remember him and Alessi filling in for Team USA being a no show for the VIP tent at the MXdN in 2010. Those two hung around and signed autographs for a huge ass line wrapped around the place. Fan friendly and a great champ.
3/19/2019 5:24pm
TC definitely deserves this but how is this a step forward for the sport. These deals are only a step forward for the rider and maybe...
TC definitely deserves this but how is this a step forward for the sport. These deals are only a step forward for the rider and maybe the brand.
Educate me on the advantages for the sport as i bet I haven’t looked at all angles of these types of deals.
Tony doesn’t race on his own, so potentially a wider audience for the entire field and other companies interest? May be hopeful thinking but it’s certainly not a bad thing.
slowgti
3/19/2019 5:55pm
They're called spaghetti wagons around these parts
3/19/2019 6:28pm
Does anyone know if Antonio is any relation to Matteo Cairoli? Matteo competed at last weekends Wec Sebring 1000 in a Dempsey Porsche.
yz25
3/19/2019 8:54pm
Well....... The top AMA riders are getting Honda trucks......................... Trunk and hauling space is pretty much the same.

Ok I kid.
3/19/2019 9:28pm
yz25 wrote:
Well....... The top AMA riders are getting Honda trucks......................... Trunk and hauling space is pretty much the same.

Ok I kid.
Honda makes trucks?
TomC31
3/19/2019 10:11pm
TC definitely deserves this but how is this a step forward for the sport. These deals are only a step forward for the rider and maybe...
The fact that such a prestigious company see’s not only the benefit of Antonio to their company, but also what his involvement in his sport will do for their brand that they have made this deal means that our sports level is rising with more professional mainstream deals being done. It is showing steps forward and can only benefit with more people now watching and learning about the sport.
3/19/2019 10:47pm
TomC31 wrote:
The fact that such a prestigious company see’s not only the benefit of Antonio to their company, but also what his involvement in his sport will...
The fact that such a prestigious company see’s not only the benefit of Antonio to their company, but also what his involvement in his sport will do for their brand that they have made this deal means that our sports level is rising with more professional mainstream deals being done. It is showing steps forward and can only benefit with more people now watching and learning about the sport.
Tom
I agree but it would be more of a benefit to the sport if the team was sponsored. Having said this we stil don’t know what lambo has in store.
tcallahan707
3/19/2019 10:53pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2019 10:57pm
For all those comparing MXGP top guys to US top guys, perspective has to come into play.

A Lamborghini has a different image in Italy and in the US. The racing heritage in Italy and Europe is different and this ties in with that. Americans don't think of racing when they think of Lamborghini's. Instead, it's a sign of outlandishness. Most of our recent Hall of Fame level champs are not the flashy type. Imagine RV or Dunge in a Lambo. It'd be silly. But if they were in a bitchin' muscle car, Shelby F150, or even a Ford GT, we wouldn't probably think that much of it. Multi time champs most certainly are a level or two about Paradise Chevrolet. But the thing is the connection still has to be there. If RC was from Detroit, it's fairly likely he'd have a "Go Florida" type of deal with the auto industry. AC is an Italian 9x champ. It's a natural partnership.

Sure, some guys can afford the A8's and Lambo's on both sides of the pond, but culture and personalities are different. I don't think this says much about the state of US mx but it is certainly a statement on the sport as a whole. Professional mx/sx racers are elite athletes with one of the best target markets. The world has known about our little sport but it's finally getting the respect it deserves.
tcallahan707
3/19/2019 10:55pm
TomC31 wrote:
The fact that such a prestigious company see’s not only the benefit of Antonio to their company, but also what his involvement in his sport will...
Tom I agree but it would be more of a benefit to the sport if the team was sponsored. Having said this we stil don’t know...
Tom
I agree but it would be more of a benefit to the sport if the team was sponsored. Having said this we stil don’t know what lambo has in store.
That's hardly a rebuttal. I could respond with, "I agree but it would be more of a benefit to the sport if they were the title sponsor of a series." That doesn't take away from your point about it being a benefit if they sponsor the team.
3/19/2019 11:18pm
Damn, good for him!
You guys need to realize that he is a national hero in Italy. You can ask any Italian if he knows who Tony is and you‘ll get the answer: yes of course, what a dumb question..
3/19/2019 11:33pm
TomC31 wrote:
Tom I agree but it would be more of a benefit to the sport if the team was sponsored. Having said this we stil don’t know...
Tom
That's hardly a rebuttal. I could respond with, "I agree but it would be more of a benefit to the sport if they were the title...
That's hardly a rebuttal. I could respond with, "I agree but it would be more of a benefit to the sport if they were the title sponsor of a series." That doesn't take away from your point about it being a benefit if they sponsor the team.
TC
How do you reckon the mx community will see this growth? IF there’s less riders on the lets say GP grids next year has it grown the sport?
Myself i honestly can’t see any areas where an individual way of field sponsor will grow the sport. I’m not arguing here i really would love to see this work but just can’t.
jemcee
3/19/2019 11:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2019 11:36pm
Looked like he was in a movie too haha.. That's prob gonna do more than the Lambo sponsorship
jemcee
3/19/2019 11:35pm
Maybe I should've added this

Post a reply to: Antonio Cairoli inks Lamborghini deal

The Latest