Anthony Rodriguez

tcallahan707
Solid qualifying position but no show for the main? Anyone have any news? Always fun when your fantasy team is killed before the 1st moto even starts.
|
BSmooth13
8/19/2017 10:58am
WTF, just noticed he wasn't in the race....wonderful. Shit end to a shit year in fantasy, it's fitting I guess.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
8/19/2017 10:59am
Yeah he was on my team too...
Last week Jerry RObin, now him. I'm done and I was actually doing good until Unadilla Sad

The Shop

tcallahan707
8/19/2017 11:15am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2017 11:22am
crusty_xx wrote:
Yeah he was on my team too...
Last week Jerry RObin, now him. I'm done and I was actually doing good until Unadilla Sad
My season has gone the same way. I got Robin'd too. And I just watched Clarke, Sexton, and Locurcio go down. No point in even showing up in Indiana. Where's the beach?
GD2
Fantasy
815th
8/19/2017 11:17am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2017 11:18am
Checking social media is always a good idea (especially if you play fantasy). He went down pretty hard during qualifying.
tcallahan707
8/19/2017 11:55am
GD2 wrote:
Checking social media is always a good idea (especially if you play fantasy). He went down pretty hard during qualifying.
I follow how practice goes, both on social media and on live timing. I didn't see anything related to A Rod.
dkg
8/19/2017 1:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2017 1:08pm
GD2 wrote:
I follow how practice goes, both on social media and on live timing. I didn't see anything related to A Rod.
Yeah, follow all of those. Checked the starting line up 5 mins before race start (trying to avoid having a no show, Hill did it to me once already). Even live timing had him in the lineup at the start of the sight lap. It was until part way though the sight lap that he disappeared off the list. Any ideas how to catch these things if you are not at the track?

Screwed up an otherwise pretty decent day for me and it looks like for about 30% of the other fantasy players,
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/19/2017 2:12pm
Yeah it's always aggravating when u do your homework on the fantasy leagues and then r screwed over by the crappy lack of current reporting on the riders. When I was going to the races every week this fantasy stuff was a breeze....huge advantage being in the pits. You used to be able to tune into Vital for up to date info but then the guys n the pits decided not to share info with us minions in the hope that they can get a advantage in the league standings
Naanak
8/19/2017 4:09pm
I saw him walking around in a sling later in the day.
momentum
8/19/2017 5:51pm
He wrecked on the finish line jump. Kind of like a superman and the bike landed right up by the fence near the spectator area and then he landed on the bike pretty hard. He got up and rode the mule out but his arm was splinted up. It was pretty scary and he almost took out Guy B who was shooting on the jump.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
8/19/2017 6:50pm
GD2 wrote:
dkg wrote:
Yeah, follow all of those. Checked the starting line up 5 mins before race start (trying to avoid having a no show, Hill did it to...
Yeah, follow all of those. Checked the starting line up 5 mins before race start (trying to avoid having a no show, Hill did it to me once already). Even live timing had him in the lineup at the start of the sight lap. It was until part way though the sight lap that he disappeared off the list. Any ideas how to catch these things if you are not at the track?

Screwed up an otherwise pretty decent day for me and it looks like for about 30% of the other fantasy players,
tcallahan707
8/19/2017 7:31pm
dkg wrote:
Yeah, follow all of those. Checked the starting line up 5 mins before race start (trying to avoid having a no show, Hill did it to...

GD2 wrote:
I didn't realize twitter still had news on it that IG didn't. That and I'd assume these guys use an app to post to all social media at the same time.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/19/2017 7:48pm
momentum wrote:
He wrecked on the finish line jump. Kind of like a superman and the bike landed right up by the fence near the spectator area and...
He wrecked on the finish line jump. Kind of like a superman and the bike landed right up by the fence near the spectator area and then he landed on the bike pretty hard. He got up and rode the mule out but his arm was splinted up. It was pretty scary and he almost took out Guy B who was shooting on the jump.
You are correct, sir.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
8/19/2017 8:14pm
momentum wrote:
He wrecked on the finish line jump. Kind of like a superman and the bike landed right up by the fence near the spectator area and...
GuyB wrote:
You are correct, sir.
You're a bike magnet.
dkg
8/20/2017 9:55am
GD2 wrote:
Guess I missed that one. Personally, I'd like to see the starting lineup that is posted online made accurate at least 1/2 hour before race time. The social media stuff is great, but, sometimes it is difficult to filter the important from the chatter.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/20/2017 10:03am
momentum wrote:
GuyB wrote:
You are correct, sir.
And no I am not trying to being a smartass.....you guys ever think about wearing bicycle helmets? A cartwheeling bike would not be a fun thing to get hit with

Hope Anthony heals up quickly. Sometimes n the quest for fantasy points I forget these r young men's bodies getting beat to shit
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/20/2017 10:18am
KennyT wrote:
And no I am not trying to being a smartass.....you guys ever think about wearing bicycle helmets? A cartwheeling bike would not be a fun thing...
And no I am not trying to being a smartass.....you guys ever think about wearing bicycle helmets? A cartwheeling bike would not be a fun thing to get hit with

Hope Anthony heals up quickly. Sometimes n the quest for fantasy points I forget these r young men's bodies getting beat to shit
Too hot.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/20/2017 10:19am
dkg wrote:
Guess I missed that one. Personally, I'd like to see the starting lineup that is posted online made accurate at least 1/2 hour before race time...
Guess I missed that one. Personally, I'd like to see the starting lineup that is posted online made accurate at least 1/2 hour before race time. The social media stuff is great, but, sometimes it is difficult to filter the important from the chatter.
They'd need someone to walk through and check in with every single rider before the motos then.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/20/2017 10:20am
KennyT wrote:
Yeah it's always aggravating when u do your homework on the fantasy leagues and then r screwed over by the crappy lack of current reporting on...
Yeah it's always aggravating when u do your homework on the fantasy leagues and then r screwed over by the crappy lack of current reporting on the riders. When I was going to the races every week this fantasy stuff was a breeze....huge advantage being in the pits. You used to be able to tune into Vital for up to date info but then the guys n the pits decided not to share info with us minions in the hope that they can get a advantage in the league standings
Have you ever thought no one has the time to walk the pits and ask every single rider if they're lining up for the motos?

Secondly, a rider is injured and we're bitching about fantasy? This is why I dislike fantasy sports...
dkg
8/20/2017 10:42am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 10:43am
dkg wrote:
Guess I missed that one. Personally, I'd like to see the starting lineup that is posted online made accurate at least 1/2 hour before race time...
ML512 wrote:
They'd need someone to walk through and check in with every single rider before the motos then.
Here is my request, I'd like to see the start sheet reposted when there are changes to the starting line up. I suspect in this case the change was known within the time I mentioned, if not, just post it when it is known. I feel relatively safe in assuming it was known before the sight lap started and certain it was known before 30 seconds into the sight lap when the change was actually made in live timing. (BTW; he's still listed in the starting lineup for moto 1)

I am certainly not asking anyone to walk the pits and take role, that would be stupid. But, is it really asking too much to update the lineup as changes are known and made?

Re: your comment on fantasy, fantasy has caused me to learn about and follow a lot of riders that were previously not on my radar. Seems to be a good thing to me. I don't know of anyone (nor have I ever heard of anyone) that places their fantasy picks over the health of the rider.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/20/2017 11:19am
dkg wrote:
Here is my request, I'd like to see the start sheet reposted when there are changes to the starting line up. I suspect in this case...
Here is my request, I'd like to see the start sheet reposted when there are changes to the starting line up. I suspect in this case the change was known within the time I mentioned, if not, just post it when it is known. I feel relatively safe in assuming it was known before the sight lap started and certain it was known before 30 seconds into the sight lap when the change was actually made in live timing. (BTW; he's still listed in the starting lineup for moto 1)

I am certainly not asking anyone to walk the pits and take role, that would be stupid. But, is it really asking too much to update the lineup as changes are known and made?

Re: your comment on fantasy, fantasy has caused me to learn about and follow a lot of riders that were previously not on my radar. Seems to be a good thing to me. I don't know of anyone (nor have I ever heard of anyone) that places their fantasy picks over the health of the rider.
The starting lineup isn't usually changed until the moto is in staging. Such as the officials calling roll for the gate and when the rider doesn't show and the finally know he's not coming up, they swap that rider out for the first alternate that's there and waiting. We don't usually "start sheets" that are updated with injuries/guys pulling out. The majority of the time, the start sheets are just the top 40 from qualifying, regardless of crashes.
dkg
8/20/2017 11:44am
ML512 wrote:
The starting lineup isn't usually changed until the moto is in staging. Such as the officials calling roll for the gate and when the rider doesn't...
The starting lineup isn't usually changed until the moto is in staging. Such as the officials calling roll for the gate and when the rider doesn't show and the finally know he's not coming up, they swap that rider out for the first alternate that's there and waiting. We don't usually "start sheets" that are updated with injuries/guys pulling out. The majority of the time, the start sheets are just the top 40 from qualifying, regardless of crashes.
Guess that just leaves it at trying to figure it out from social media or other sources. However, I'd still like to see the starting lineup changed and posted when the substitution is made. Oh well, if it can be made better, I'd like to see a procedural change, if not that's ok, too.

In the final analysis, A-Rod looked like he was going to have a good day, hope he heals quickly.

P.s. You ought to try the fantasy league sometime. Kind of fun. Just don't take it too serious. Evil
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/20/2017 12:04pm
KennyT wrote:
Yeah it's always aggravating when u do your homework on the fantasy leagues and then r screwed over by the crappy lack of current reporting on...
ML512 wrote:
Have you ever thought no one has the time to walk the pits and ask every single rider if they're lining up for the motos? Secondly...
Have you ever thought no one has the time to walk the pits and ask every single rider if they're lining up for the motos?

Secondly, a rider is injured and we're bitching about fantasy? This is why I dislike fantasy sports...
You do know that many of the mechanics and "industry" peeps r playing playing fantasy MX?

And when I was in the pits for a good part of the series years ago I would always post any rider injuries, illnesses or whatever to help out the other players. Of u have a problem with fantasy sports then don't play them...for others with interest in sports it is what keeps us watching when championships are won before the season ends and half the field is absent
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/20/2017 12:08pm
ML512 wrote:
The starting lineup isn't usually changed until the moto is in staging. Such as the officials calling roll for the gate and when the rider doesn't...
dkg wrote:
Guess that just leaves it at trying to figure it out from social media or other sources. However, I'd still like to see the starting lineup...
Guess that just leaves it at trying to figure it out from social media or other sources. However, I'd still like to see the starting lineup changed and posted when the substitution is made. Oh well, if it can be made better, I'd like to see a procedural change, if not that's ok, too.

In the final analysis, A-Rod looked like he was going to have a good day, hope he heals quickly.

P.s. You ought to try the fantasy league sometime. Kind of fun. Just don't take it too serious. Evil
I play fantasy during Supercross. Just my opinion, I just think it's slightly ridiculous when people complain about fantasy getting messed up when someone gets hurt or crashes. Last time I was on Pulp we had AC on that topic and he was saying how sick he was of people coming up to him and saying how he messed up their fantasy. Although, he did admit on one episode to seeing Plessinger down during a race and thinking to himself, shit...my fantasy! Laughing
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/20/2017 12:21pm
ML512 wrote:
dkg wrote:
Guess that just leaves it at trying to figure it out from social media or other sources. However, I'd still like to see the starting lineup...

ML512 wrote:
I play fantasy during Supercross. Just my opinion, I just think it's slightly ridiculous when people complain about fantasy getting messed up when someone gets hurt...
I play fantasy during Supercross. Just my opinion, I just think it's slightly ridiculous when people complain about fantasy getting messed up when someone gets hurt or crashes. Last time I was on Pulp we had AC on that topic and he was saying how sick he was of people coming up to him and saying how he messed up their fantasy. Although, he did admit on one episode to seeing Plessinger down during a race and thinking to himself, shit...my fantasy! Laughing
In really don't know of any fantasy players that do not care about riders being injured. Lets understand that those of us playing fantasy motor are probably in the top 1% of fans interested in the sport. When I tell friends I'm playing fantasy Moto most of them have no idea it even existed. Even though it may come across as people bitching about riders going down or being sick with the flu it is not anything more than Moto banter " oh oh....I'm screwed in fantasy this week"

We r not all evil heartless bastards Michael ....well maybe some of us are
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/20/2017 12:42pm
dkg wrote:

ML512 wrote:
I play fantasy during Supercross. Just my opinion, I just think it's slightly ridiculous when people complain about fantasy getting messed up when someone gets hurt...
KennyT wrote:
In really don't know of any fantasy players that do not care about riders being injured. Lets understand that those of us playing fantasy motor are...
In really don't know of any fantasy players that do not care about riders being injured. Lets understand that those of us playing fantasy motor are probably in the top 1% of fans interested in the sport. When I tell friends I'm playing fantasy Moto most of them have no idea it even existed. Even though it may come across as people bitching about riders going down or being sick with the flu it is not anything more than Moto banter " oh oh....I'm screwed in fantasy this week"

We r not all evil heartless bastards Michael ....well maybe some of us are
"...well maybe some of us are" Laughing Okay, that made my day.
tcallahan707
8/20/2017 1:05pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 1:06pm
ML512 wrote:
dkg wrote:

ML512 wrote:
I completely agree that a rider's health should take priority over a fantasy team. This thread was not started because I was pissed A Rod crashed and ruined my fantasy day. It was started because I couldn't find any info about a rider who qualified in the top 20 and was now not in the race. How does that not get coverage? That is what I was pissed about.

I also feel that it's reasonable, as a fan of the sport, to be upset when I can't get an update on a rider's status from an official persective. At some point, officials know if a rider is in or out. That point most definitely occurs before the race begins. That information should be reflected in the starting lineup. Staging closes and transponders are scanned well before a gate is dropped.

It goes to show how small this industry thinks. Do you think the official starting lineup for a NASCAR race reflects the top qualifiers or the drivers who are actually going to line up and race? Not only that, but fantasy sports has had a large impact on the interest level and viewership of other sports. The NFL realized this and embraced it. It creates an incentive for people to put their eyes on something that they otherwise wouldn't have. Sponsors tend to like that. Without fantasy motocross, would we even be talking about A Rod right now? Fantasy gives a reason for media to cover guys who otherwise may not be covered, sort of like having any player from the Jaguars. Seems like a golden opportunity to help grow the sport and help the satellite guys get more support.
dkg
8/20/2017 2:10pm
ML512 wrote:
Michael, seems to me, that people like to complain about things. It's still possible to complain about the effect on the picks and at the same time he genuinely concerned about the rider. I suspect if you compiled a list of those most likely to be there to assist a rider that the majority of them are playing fantasy. Hell, I complain about traffic anytime I am in it, doing so doesn't mean I don't hope the drivers in the wreck causing it all are ok.

Of course, I am not a moderator on this board, meaning if I get tired of some of the constant bitching and moaning I either stop reading the thread or set my computer down for awhile. On the other hand, it's your job and I suspect it gets a little old on occasion. Don't take this fantasy thing in anyway as reflecting a lack of concern for the riders.

Now if your up for a bet in supercross, I'll bet you dinner at Trabuco Oaks. You win I buy for you and Steve, I win you buy. Evil

Post a reply to: Anthony Rodriguez

The Latest