With few racers out

How does he do

View Results

|

2/15/2021 1:53 PM

DNQ

|

2/15/2021 2:17 PM

Should get in through the LCQ. Through the heat he probably needs a bit of luck or a great start given his time off the bike. Wilson, Sexton, Mcelrath are all back as well... He should do well at Daytona though.

|

2/15/2021 2:21 PM

Qualify out of heat...12th in main. He's a good starter, and rides SX very well.

|

2/15/2021 2:34 PM

We need a few more british folks along with Diffey in the sport.... whistling

lol (cross thread joke).

Glad to see him back.

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

2/15/2021 2:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2021 2:37 PM

I think Max comes out swinging like Shane did. Watching Harntraft and 722, I think he’s going to have his hands full going 20+2.. Ive loved Suzuki’s more than any other bike since 96, but those things look so uncomfortable and awkward. Hopefully Max is the key to making that bike look competitive again.

|

2/15/2021 3:41 PM

I think he’ll make the main but it’ll be close, tough ask to come back after injury and not racing a SX for 8 years. He’s a high class rider though and at is best is in the main all day long, it’s just whether he can find that level straight away

|

2/16/2021 1:24 PM

I can see him struggling major at the beginning due to nerves and adapting to the aggressiveness. But...he's a world class rider, so if he can just stay upright and healthy, he will battling in the top 10-15 by year's end and higher next year. Hell I don't know. Thats my best guess based on what i see.

|

2/16/2021 1:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2021 1:41 PM

Not so concerned about Orlando, I just want to see him stay healthy for a few races.

|

2/16/2021 2:03 PM

Given the current field and the addition of Sexton this weekend I think making the main event should be the goal, and if achieved should be considered a success.

|

2/16/2021 2:04 PM

Why wouldn't you just hold off until the nationals start? Play to your strength.

|

2/16/2021 2:08 PM

crowe660 wrote:

I think Max comes out swinging like Shane did. Watching Harntraft and 722, I think he’s going to have his hands full going 20+2.. Ive loved Suzuki’s more than any other bike since 96, but those things look so uncomfortable and awkward. Hopefully Max is the key to making that bike look competitive again.

Is that Bradnon Harntraft?

|

2/16/2021 2:09 PM

wreckitrandy wrote:

Why wouldn't you just hold off until the nationals start? Play to your strength.

Paid to race both.

|

2/16/2021 2:09 PM

wreckitrandy wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Paid to race both.

So was Kenny.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/16/2021 2:19 PM

I hope he don't crash and burn, but will be egging him on
15th - 20th in the main

|

2/16/2021 2:20 PM

wreckitrandy wrote:

If he's planning on staying here, why not get the experience back? If there was only a few races left maybe, but we're only halfway. Gotta ride to make money.

|

2/16/2021 3:20 PM

wreckitrandy wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Paid to race both.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

So was Kenny.

Yep, lol. Needed baby time. Kroc more star power.

|

2/16/2021 5:52 PM

wreckitrandy wrote:

davis224 wrote:

If he's planning on staying here, why not get the experience back? If there was only a few races left maybe, but we're only halfway. Gotta ride to make money.

I can see that. If he's struggling, then he may not have a choice. But realistically, stoopycross is just a meat grinder. If he gets mangled again, he could ruin a legit, in my mind anyway, chance at some top five outdoor results. If I were in his corner, that would be my advice. The same thing I would have said to Albe when he first came here. SX probably knocked him out of at least one outdoor title. jmo...
How is your band going?

|

2/16/2021 6:22 PM

I think he'll get in, but it will be close... Then he looks better and makes it in through the heat at Daytona.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

2/17/2021 9:36 AM

I hope Max does well this weekend but it's not going to be easy. Tickle was odd-man out in the LCQ, which is pretty crazy when one thinks about it. This weekend in addition to Max, both Sexton and A-Ray will be back on the gate.

If Anstie can gets starts like Hartranft was getting in Houston then his chances are good.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

2/17/2021 9:37 AM

First Suzuki.

|

Name withheld... Esquire

2/17/2021 9:56 AM

Steve125 wrote:

First Suzuki.

I think we all expect that... Hell, he led some outdoor nationals last year. But top 22 in this years SX is a chore. One that I do think he's up to.

Good luck Max!

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

2/17/2021 4:09 PM

wreckitrandy wrote:

davis224 wrote:

wreckitrandy wrote:

I can see that. If he's struggling, then he may not have a choice. But realistically, stoopycross is just a meat grinder. If he gets mangled again, he could ruin a legit, in my mind anyway, chance at some top five outdoor results. If I were in his corner, that would be my advice. The same thing I would have said to Albe when he first came here. SX probably knocked him out of at least one outdoor title. jmo...
How is your band going?

It would be cool if we could see guys make a living playing to their strengths, I'd love to see what a 100% healthy and prepared Anstie could do outdoors.

Forgot that some people might remember I had a band! Pretty much on hold since last year, and trying to scrounge up band funds to finish our 3rd album. Thanks for asking! Slacked off playing guitar during most of the pandemic but I've been playing a lot lately.

|

2/18/2021 11:51 AM

wreckitrandy wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

Paid to race both.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

So was Kenny.

Kenny has the star power to take maternity leave.

|

2/18/2021 12:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2021 12:03 PM

wreckitrandy wrote:

Even though outdoor motocross is his strong suit right now, becoming a successful supercross racer in America is his dream and the main reason he came here. Why not get all the supercross track time/race time/gate drops he can once he's healed? What you're saying would makes sense if he wasn't here primarily to pursue a supercross dream.

|

2/18/2021 5:21 PM

In my opinion max is actually quite the supercross rider, there was a day where he lead races and could win in the lites class. He was young but that makes it all the more important. I’m a big fan of the kid and would love to see him have a good race this weekend. Anyway it goes I know the guys upside is big.

|

2/20/2021 4:42 PM

Qualified straight from the heat race!

|

2/20/2021 4:57 PM

Strong ride from Max in the heat, he held Wilson off for a good 4 or 5 laps there, didn’t put a foot wrong.

|

2/20/2021 5:02 PM

I have to admit on this one, I was a man of little faith.
laughing

|

2/20/2021 5:07 PM

That was an impressive ride especially considering he's just getting back.

|