Another tough day at the office for PC Kawasaki

Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
Yesterday was rough, bad starts for Savatgy and I'm not sure what Forkner was doing moto 2 after going off the track. He still got 5th overall but may have went 3-3 till he got bumped off the track gently.

Sometimes I think they should clear house but realistically they need the offseason to start fresh. Forkner is talented but has taken too many hits lately and is probably feeling the effects. Savatgy will get a fresh start on 450, we will see if that helps or not. AC still has untapped potential. Davalos got F'd in the first turn of SX and it went downhill from there. Marchbanks was plugging along as a rookie but blew his knee out.

Trust the process...
|
Racer331
8/19/2018 11:50am
I think they’re just waiting for Ryder D to move up in a few years lol

Yea they need to do something. Not sure what. But if Martin plessenger and osbourne move up that’ll help
8/19/2018 12:04pm
Its been rough for them all they need is a couple good days to get the momentum going in the right direction
Racer331
8/19/2018 12:07pm
Jeremy Martin.. Not the sandbagger Davalos
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/19/2018 12:08pm
Racer331 wrote:
Jeremy Martin.. Not the sandbagger Davalos
Explain to us all how one can sandbag a pro class?

The Shop

Motodave15
8/19/2018 12:50pm
I like AC as a ambassador of the sport and his personality... But I don't see a championships coming out of him.. he was close this year... But these statements of untapped potential and how he still has potential idk... I don't see it
MB109
8/19/2018 2:12pm
He lost 2017 SX and 2018 SX by 2 points each year and was third overall 2017 outdoors..I think he'll get one before moving up.
Premix
8/19/2018 2:47pm
Motodave15 wrote:
I like AC as a ambassador of the sport and his personality... But I don't see a championships coming out of him.. he was close this...
I like AC as a ambassador of the sport and his personality... But I don't see a championships coming out of him.. he was close this year... But these statements of untapped potential and how he still has potential idk... I don't see it
Agreed. This will be his 6th season. Don’t get me wrong, he has had some great finishes but can’t seem to put together a whole season. He self implodes at one point or another. Seems to be the trend with a lot of the amatuer kids lately.
TXDirt
8/19/2018 2:52pm
A huge amount of success for PC has been the pipeline of Team Green riders they had access to. Team Green is no longer the only amateur game in town. Honda, Yamaha, KTM etc all have beefy amateur programs now feeding their pro teams, so the talent PC has to pick from isn't near as deep as before. Or rather, it's no longer a sure thing that the best amateur riders go to PC.
8/19/2018 3:59pm
Star Racing Yamaha is the new Pro Circuit. Equipment, program, and pipeline of riders
Ranch Life
8/19/2018 4:07pm
Motodave15 wrote:
I like AC as a ambassador of the sport and his personality... But I don't see a championships coming out of him.. he was close this...
The potential comes from the fact that he has not had a realistic healthy season since his rookie sx season. He rode the last two years with a bum knee also.
Racer111
8/19/2018 4:09pm
Star Racing Yamaha is the new Pro Circuit. Equipment, program, and pipeline of riders
This!! Mitch isn’t being fed riders like he once was. He use to be the “Factory Honda” team in the 250 class. It’s where everyone wanted to be. That’s not the case anymore. Factory Connection slowly leveled the playing field. Now Star Racing Yamaha is in the mix. So now you have 3 great teams in the 250 class instead of one powerhouse team. PC hasn’t hasn’t been dominant since Villipoto and Townley were there.
dirtnapper
8/19/2018 4:39pm
Motodave15 wrote:
I'll agree with this.
I don't think we'll see AC win a championship.
He would of / should of by now.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
8/19/2018 5:17pm
I agree with who ever said
You cant sand bag a pro class
Imo there shouldn't be a time limit or age limit
On the 250 or 450 class
Some guys just ride a small bore better
Or prefer to Ride one
Imo any one moving into the pro Ranks should have to take on who ever is there Regard less of age
JB 19
8/19/2018 5:19pm
Sometimes I wonder if Mitch has these guys too much in a bipolar state of mind. You hear about all the pressure he puts them under. Sometimes it appears that they are almost trying too hard and on the verge of complete disaster at any moment.
Premix
8/19/2018 5:19pm
Tarz483 wrote:
I agree with who ever said You cant sand bag a pro class Imo there shouldn't be a time limit or age limit On the 250...
I agree with who ever said
You cant sand bag a pro class
Imo there shouldn't be a time limit or age limit
On the 250 or 450 class
Some guys just ride a small bore better
Or prefer to Ride one
Imo any one moving into the pro Ranks should have to take on who ever is there Regard less of age
110% agree. Better racing for everyone.
Indy mxer
8/19/2018 6:01pm
TXDirt wrote:
A huge amount of success for PC has been the pipeline of Team Green riders they had access to. Team Green is no longer the only...
A huge amount of success for PC has been the pipeline of Team Green riders they had access to. Team Green is no longer the only amateur game in town. Honda, Yamaha, KTM etc all have beefy amateur programs now feeding their pro teams, so the talent PC has to pick from isn't near as deep as before. Or rather, it's no longer a sure thing that the best amateur riders go to PC.
Spot on!!
It used to be Team Green was the class of the field and then there was everybody else.
Not so now. The other brands have stepped up their amateur programs big time. Now they're all good.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
8/19/2018 6:59pm
This is exactly what I was thinking. They have an edge on the bikes over green. PC used to have a huge advantage in this area, now they are all the same or better. How that is even possible without blowing up an engine every moto, I don't know.
make1go
8/19/2018 7:18pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Explain to us all how one can sandbag a pro class?
idiotic isnt it?
but it prolly comes from guys who cant get out of d class,
so they carry resentments..

back on t...

seem pc is becoming the land of unfulfilled potential by decking it..throw in a bunch of mechanicals and there we are.

5 yrs ago you would have been run out of town for saying AC wont have a title by 2018..
and
forkinher is following a similar path...
sav was never destined to be a no1 rider in that team and has nearly as many crashes etc...

if they were on honda, it would be the fairy tail that its the bike as some here like to moronically spout..

maybe mitch needs to step back and let fresh blood do some heavy lifting..change it up..

difficult to see it as just bad luck
but igni

haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
8/19/2018 7:36pm
Racer111 wrote:
This!! Mitch isn’t being fed riders like he once was. He use to be the “Factory Honda” team in the 250 class. It’s where everyone wanted...
This!! Mitch isn’t being fed riders like he once was. He use to be the “Factory Honda” team in the 250 class. It’s where everyone wanted to be. That’s not the case anymore. Factory Connection slowly leveled the playing field. Now Star Racing Yamaha is in the mix. So now you have 3 great teams in the 250 class instead of one powerhouse team. PC hasn’t hasn’t been dominant since Villipoto and Townley were there.
They were pretty dominant in the Wilson/Baggett/Pourcel/Rattray era.

But i agree with your point. At the beginning of the year i cant think of a team that had a better lineup on paper than PC. AC, Forkner and Savatgy seemed like a no brainer. Its crazy to think where the season has ended up for all 3 of those guys.
Racer111
8/19/2018 8:32pm
Racer111 wrote:
This!! Mitch isn’t being fed riders like he once was. He use to be the “Factory Honda” team in the 250 class. It’s where everyone wanted...
haydos25 wrote:
They were pretty dominant in the Wilson/Baggett/Pourcel/Rattray era. But i agree with your point. At the beginning of the year i cant think of a team...
They were pretty dominant in the Wilson/Baggett/Pourcel/Rattray era.

But i agree with your point. At the beginning of the year i cant think of a team that had a better lineup on paper than PC. AC, Forkner and Savatgy seemed like a no brainer. Its crazy to think where the season has ended up for all 3 of those guys.
I mean dominant. It got to the point for a long time that PC won the Titles and everyone else was racing for 2nd. Trey Canard and Eli changed all that. The momentum swung from PC to Factory Connection. Wilson/Bagget/Rattray years were good, but not to PC standards. Pourcel lost two outdoor titles in 2 years at the last round. Wilson was never the same after the shoulder injury.

Don’t get me wrong! I love Mitch and PC and all they have done for the sport. I’m just glad theirs a better balance in the 250 class.
DoubleA
8/20/2018 3:25am
Orange Brigade/TLD team is probably the team to be on at the moment imo. They had a good line up of riders to keep feeding into the pro class, Falk debuting at budds then got Pierce and Drake then Aiden will most likely be next then loads of little kids on superminis and 65s ripping on the orange brigade bikes. Gives Redbull KTM a lot of talent to look out for and develop.

Husky only have Jalek as far as i know. Cant remember if there is another rider.

PC have Seth think he is planning on turning pro at dilla next year.

Logan Leitzel is also turning pro at dilla next year.

No idea if Star has any 250 riders lined up.
kb228
8/20/2018 3:33am
Motodave15 wrote:
He won 3 or 4 races his rookie year? Rode last years outdoors and this years sx with a torn up knee. Give him a full year injury free and youll see him dominate. His speed compared to the rest of the field in qualifying is very tomac like. He just needs the full year to get the base.

As for forkner, idk if hes still got a lingering issue or is struggling with the bike, but he needs to get it together. We all know he can go toe to toe with osborne.

Joey has been a flop since cooper webb moved up.

Kawasaki needs to put their chips on AC and ryder.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
8/20/2018 3:51am
Yes. Did they have one technical dnf this outdoor season? At least I can't remember. That bike must be amazing. Pulling holeshots and not blowing up
fort_knox03
8/20/2018 4:15am
Racer111 wrote:
Are you forgetting about KTM? I'm pretty sure they dominated Loretta's from a manufacturer standpoint
Racer111
8/20/2018 4:43am
Racer111 wrote:
Are you forgetting about KTM? I'm pretty sure they dominated Loretta's from a manufacturer standpoint
We aren’t talking about amateurs. Try and keep up.
8/20/2018 5:14am
Racer111 wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
TLD was very close to winning SX titles the past two years.
gsxr6
8/20/2018 5:19am
The year Geico started doing their own motors rather than PC is when the change over began.....
fort_knox03
8/20/2018 5:23am
Racer111 wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
He said “Factory Connection Honda” which is in fact the Honda amateur team. And there were quite a few other posts about how Kawi isn’t getting all the best amateur riders because other manufacturers are stepping up.

Post a reply to: Another tough day at the office for PC Kawasaki

The Latest