Another stellar job by FIM and WADA

mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
|
kaptkaos
4/9/2019 9:36am
I dont find anything of surprising other than he came out and told his story which is awesome. FIM is a shit show.
C.Worthy
4/9/2019 9:39am
I'm not surprised at all by that story which is pretty crazy. I'm more surprised that we continue to voluntarily keep an organization like that around our sport after knowing how corrupt an inefficient they are.

The FIM and WADA bring nothing but trouble. The sport did fine before them and I'm sure it'll be fine without them.

.kyle
4/9/2019 9:53am
If most/all riders were sick of the FIM and collectively ignored them, what could the FIM realistically do about it? Same with WADA.
77Moto
4/9/2019 10:02am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2019 10:08am
kaptkaos wrote:
I dont find anything of surprising other than he came out and told his story which is awesome. FIM is a shit show.
Blame the guy, not the FIM or Wada. That story is about 2012. If you read the court arbitration papers, it says he blamed his sister for something she recommended. Read labels much?

He was just popped hot AGAIN.
His latest infraction I havent found what he popped for other than "Stimulants"

The Shop

shuggs
4/9/2019 10:05am
Remember FIM & WADA are separate organisations.

I think it’s time for self policing for SX, MX & MXGP all u def the umbrella of FIM, any punishments could be decided by a panel with maybe 5 members - 3 of these MUST be ex riders. You could have ex MXGP riders decide on AMA and reverse for MXGP this would (hopefully) ensure fairness and a major understanding of riders point of view. It could be the panel is voted for so no ‘cronies’ get in
4/9/2019 10:12am
kaptkaos wrote:
77Moto wrote:
Blame the guy, not the FIM or Wada. That story is about 2012. If you read the court arbitration papers, it says he blamed his sister...
Blame the guy, not the FIM or Wada. That story is about 2012. If you read the court arbitration papers, it says he blamed his sister for something she recommended. Read labels much?

So you feel the FIM has no agenda? Are you aware that all three American's were tested at MXdN at "random"? With the amount of riders randomly selected, the odds of that happening are worse than winning the powerball lottery. The FIM and WADA are a joke and disgrace.
walleyeguy
4/9/2019 10:16am
I still wish James would have came back for his first race with Chamillionaire "Riding Dirty" as his intro song. Place would have EXPLODED!
77Moto
4/9/2019 10:36am
kaptkaos wrote:
77Moto wrote:
Blame the guy, not the FIM or Wada. That story is about 2012. If you read the court arbitration papers, it says he blamed his sister...

So you feel the FIM has no agenda? Are you aware that all three American's were tested at MXdN at "random"? With the amount of riders...
So you feel the FIM has no agenda? Are you aware that all three American's were tested at MXdN at "random"? With the amount of riders randomly selected, the odds of that happening are worse than winning the powerball lottery. The FIM and WADA are a joke and disgrace.
So popping hot twice in 6 years is a fluke and everyone is cronies?
Thats like getting 2 DWI's and blaming the grocery where you bought the booze!

No one at Wada or a lab knows these people and the people at the lab have no idea who specimen # 123456789xyz is.
They report what they find.

Mike Dolce explained this in a recent rant as well. Gotta place the blame where it is deserved, and he did in an F bomb laden rant.

4/9/2019 10:41am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2019 10:43am
77Moto wrote:
So popping hot twice in 6 years is a fluke and everyone is cronies? Thats like getting 2 DWI's and blaming the grocery where you bought...

No one at Wada or a lab knows these people and the people at the lab have no idea who specimen # 123456789xyz is.

Mike Dolce explained this in a recent rant as well. Gotta place the blame where it is deserved, and he did in an F bomb laden rant.

I’m not fully aware of the details on this case and am not disputing if he is guilty or not. It doesn’t really interest me as it’s not MX. Is It solely the FIM’s fault that Tickle still has not been sentenced for his failed test? WADA isn’t needed in this sport, nor the FIM. Obviously WADA didn’t select the riders to be tested at MXdN. Not placing blame on them.
kaptkaos
4/9/2019 11:15am
FIM and WADA have a long history of being quick to hand out suspensions and slow to respond and investigate them in a transparent and timely manner. For that reason, I saw F them and get someone who can do the job professionally, promptly, with transparency, open communication to the rider and the press and dont give me any HIPPA or Confidentiality BS because if the rider waives his right then its a non-issue. There are plenty of ways to communicate, with the rider, teams and fans without disclosing medical information. There is no way it takes this long to handle a stupid drug infraction in a sporting event. This is 2019 and we have technology. From everything I have read the FIM and WADA are just lazy, incompetent fucks who really do not give a rats ass about the sport, the fans or the riders. They just relish the power and money. I say F em.

Not too hard to check every single rider 2-3 times a year. This random testing is not all that effective anyways. Make it so you have to test 2-3 times a year to keep your license, I have to get tested to keep my Captains License, there are many more USCG Captains in the world than there are professional Motorsports athletes, somehow they get it done.

Regardless if this Alexander guy deserved to get popped or not, the FIM and WADA handling of the incident is atrocious.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
4/9/2019 1:00pm
Folks should focus on who has authority for results management to have an eye on the ball here.

WADA is not going to get involved in results management with FIM events unless the FIM fails to enforce the code sanctions (which is what happened in the West case). Certainly unfair results management process issues with the FIM likely would get vetted at CAS, not WADA (WADA itself answers to the Court for Arbitration in Sport).

The issue of FIM fairness is different from whether the hard time periods of the Code’s sanctions make sense with motocross’s frequency of competition. Personally, regardless whether the process is managed (1) competently and quickly or (2) without bias, the WADA penalty regime is pretty harsh. But, folks signed up for it.
DC
4/9/2019 1:14pm
77Moto wrote:
So popping hot twice in 6 years is a fluke and everyone is cronies? Thats like getting 2 DWI's and blaming the grocery where you bought...

I’m not fully aware of the details on this case and am not disputing if he is guilty or not. It doesn’t really interest me as...
I’m not fully aware of the details on this case and am not disputing if he is guilty or not. It doesn’t really interest me as it’s not MX. Is It solely the FIM’s fault that Tickle still has not been sentenced for his failed test? WADA isn’t needed in this sport, nor the FIM. Obviously WADA didn’t select the riders to be tested at MXdN. Not placing blame on them.
The three Team USA riders were not singled out for drug-testing at the MXON but rather fuel-testing, supposedly "at random." The chances for a random draw of eight athletes out of a field of 90 and all three members of one team being chosen are one in about 949,000. WADA did not have an axe to grind, but the old FIM administration (departed since December) sure seemed to in my personal opinion...

DC
Racer X

bsharkey
4/9/2019 1:24pm
We should drop them both. Find some agency inside the us to do testing. This is a complete joke and is overkill. you're talking about 20 guys who can make a living and maybe 10 guys that actually might say make a good living.
dkg
4/9/2019 1:41pm
Folks should focus on who has authority for results management to have an eye on the ball here. WADA is not going to get involved in...
Folks should focus on who has authority for results management to have an eye on the ball here.

WADA is not going to get involved in results management with FIM events unless the FIM fails to enforce the code sanctions (which is what happened in the West case). Certainly unfair results management process issues with the FIM likely would get vetted at CAS, not WADA (WADA itself answers to the Court for Arbitration in Sport).

The issue of FIM fairness is different from whether the hard time periods of the Code’s sanctions make sense with motocross’s frequency of competition. Personally, regardless whether the process is managed (1) competently and quickly or (2) without bias, the WADA penalty regime is pretty harsh. But, folks signed up for it.
Agreed. Hopefully this will all change with the new leadership at the FIM. Perhaps WADA ought to allow either for (1) different penalty structure dependent upon the competition cycle of the sport (not everything revolves around the 4 year Olympic cycle) or (2) let the individual signatories the flexibility to adopt their own penalty structure.

In the Tickle/Clawson cases I've wondered how things became so FUBAR. The process really isn't that difficult. What would possess the FIM management (at the time) to simply ignore it? How did this benefit the FIM? Rhetorical questions to which we will probably never get an answer.
77Moto
4/9/2019 1:47pm
Folks should focus on who has authority for results management to have an eye on the ball here. WADA is not going to get involved in...

As far as harsh, I really don't think so. Everyone knows the rules.

Lots of full hearings are on youtube.
They aren't all that harsh, and in fact offered one guy leniency if he would help them understand how people are passing tests when clearly they are dirty!

So you get banned but offered a job!

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
4/9/2019 1:53pm
Drink water and you’ll never test dirty. It offers amazing benefits. You’d be amazed to know GP riders in the 70’s could go 45 minutes in brutal conditions without voodoo juice
btree
4/9/2019 2:21pm
"While three AMA Supercross riders have been suspended for using banned substances, there have been no known positive tests for MXGP, which raises the question: Is there a baked-in bias against AMA-based riders within the FIM? "
If the the above passage from a recent Racer X article is indeed true, american riders should demand separation from the FIM and WADA prior to the 2020 season. I challenge someone to point out any other sport with a worldwide participation of drug tested athletes and see if the ratio of US series suspensions (3) versus zero for the rest of the world has actually happened. Zero, ZERO??? That number is about as believable as a cow physically jumping over the moon.It is clear at this point that the FIM has honed in on american riders for punishment and if I was an american rider, I would frankly have ZERO confidence in the whole drug testing process right now.
Motodave15
4/9/2019 3:40pm
That is nuts.

I've always thought WADA was shady... Anytime people start talking about fairness and that people need to know whats in their system..I personally believe it to be suspect.
cason402
4/9/2019 5:44pm
For any of those who have never seen this movie:

https://www.icarus.film/

It says everything you need to know about wada... it's also very entertaining. much more than a documentary.

kkawboy14
4/10/2019 8:14am
77Moto wrote:

I’m not fully aware of the details on this case and am not disputing if he is guilty or not. It doesn’t really interest me as...
DC wrote:
The three Team USA riders were not singled out for drug-testing at the MXON but rather fuel-testing, supposedly "at random." The chances for a random draw...
The three Team USA riders were not singled out for drug-testing at the MXON but rather fuel-testing, supposedly "at random." The chances for a random draw of eight athletes out of a field of 90 and all three members of one team being chosen are one in about 949,000. WADA did not have an axe to grind, but the old FIM administration (departed since December) sure seemed to in my personal opinion...

DC
Racer X

Soooo....your saying there is a chance? Smile

Post a reply to: Another stellar job by FIM and WADA

The Latest