Another spoke with wallet post

Related:
Create New Tag

6/22/2018 4:00 AM

Photo

I found this on Cycle Trader with 2.5 hours on it and bought it. It even came with a few extra parts, but I had to drive nine hours one way to get it. Saved quite a bit of money on what is essentially a new bike. But like always as soon as I get a new bike it starts raining. My backgrounds with good old number 317 should be in today, so I guess I can work in the shop and watch it rain.
|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

6/22/2018 4:32 AM

Spoke with wallet is when you buy a two stoke... Regardless, congrats on a sick bike

|

6/22/2018 4:42 AM

Nice bike. Even though I'm a Kawi guy, I love the look of the Husky's. Although I don't like the split number plate this year.
Have fun!!

|

6/22/2018 5:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 5:39 AM

Michael Scott wrote:

Spoke with wallet is when you buy a two stoke... Regardless, congrats on a sick bike

Specifically, new 2 strokes. Buying a used bike does nothing to influence manufacturers.

Awesome bike though, enjoy! I need to see one in person to try to figure out what is going on with those plastics.

|

6/22/2018 5:59 AM

If everyone who buys a bike didn't buy a new bike for a solid year it would send a major message to every manufacturer.

|

6/22/2018 6:01 AM

Michael Scott wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:

Specifically, new 2 strokes. Buying a used bike does nothing to influence manufacturers.

Awesome bike though, enjoy! I need ...more

Well, that was one new four stroke that didn't get purchased so chalk another win for the 2 stroke crowd!laughing

You do realize that many people sell a bike to buy another new one now don't you?tongue

|

6/22/2018 6:09 AM

Who the hell sells a bike with 2 hours on it? Some serious buyers remorse there. Anywho congats, i bet that thing will chew up that pretty grass just fine.

|

6/22/2018 6:57 AM

dirtmike86 wrote:

Who the hell sells a bike with 2 hours on it? Some serious buyers remorse there. Anywho congats, i bet that thing will chew up ...more

I did with my 2016 KTM 150SX, just couldn't jive with that thing.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

6/22/2018 6:58 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

If everyone who buys a bike didn't buy a new bike for a solid year it would send a major message to every manufacturer.

I'm guessing your alluding to the continued skyrocketing prices. New YZ250F, $8199...

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

6/22/2018 7:26 AM

dirtmike86 wrote:

Who the hell sells a bike with 2 hours on it? Some serious buyers remorse there. Anywho congats, i bet that thing will chew up ...more

Likely big bad wife found out or injury forces sale.

|

6/22/2018 8:07 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

I didn't buy one for 14 years and now it's been 2 more years. What message did I send? BTW, got off a smoker and on to a thumper and didn't even think twice about it.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

6/22/2018 8:49 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

captmoto wrote:

I didn't buy one for 14 years and now it's been 2 more years. What message did I send? BTW, got off a smoker and on to a ...more

Im incredibly sorry to hear about you making such a piss poor decision like that ......(getting off a 2 stroke to get on a 4 stroke)

laughing laughing laughing laughing cool tongue

|

6/22/2018 9:04 AM

Buying a 4 stroke is not "voting with your wallet". Thats a term used when buying a new 2 stroke.

Buying a 4 stroke is "Enabling".

|

6/22/2018 9:08 AM

mx317 wrote: Photo

I found this on Cycle Trader with 2.5 hours on it and bought it. It even came with a few extra parts, but I had to drive ...more

Sik bike, congrats.

|

6/22/2018 9:12 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

captmoto wrote:

I didn't buy one for 14 years and now it's been 2 more years. What message did I send? BTW, got off a smoker and on to a ...more

Multiply your effort by the thousands of people who buy motocross bikes, that's a pretty substantial message when the bean counters look at the bank account each month.

|

6/22/2018 9:15 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

usafwx wrote:

I'm guessing your alluding to the continued skyrocketing prices. New YZ250F, $8199...

Exactly! That's what I'm alluding to.

|

6/22/2018 9:26 AM

I would like to personally apologize to the OP for sending this thread sideways silly

|

6/22/2018 9:46 AM

Michael Scott wrote:

I would like to personally apologize to the OP for sending this thread sideways silly

No problem, I have a 2-stroke also. My mistake I guess in thinking that it was for a new bike you were proud of.

The fellow I bought it from sold because of a new job that keeps him away from home all week.
He has a new baby and can't be gone all week and then be gone on the weekend.
After going to his house backed up to a golf course, he probably won't miss the few grand he lost on the bike!

|

6/22/2018 10:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 10:12 AM

Texas Built wrote:

Buying a 4 stroke is not "voting with your wallet". Thats a term used when buying a new 2 stroke.

Buying a 4 stroke is ...more

So when I buy my new 2019 KX450 and I can speak with my wallet since it’s “stroke biased” and doesn’t have the F anymore, right?

tongue tongue laughing

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

6/22/2018 10:48 AM

I thought "spoke with my wallet" applies to just about anything? I have seen it in other places not just buying a 2 stroke on vital mx.

Any who, in vital terms, every time you speak with your wallet, you are supporting your side of an argument. 2 stroke or 4 stroke.

|

6/22/2018 11:39 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

usafwx wrote:

Adjusted for inflation, thats not that bad of a price compared to a bike from the 1990's. $1 in 1995 is about $1.65 today, so that makes an $8000 bike today cost about $4800 in 1995. So honestly they arent getting a whole lot more expensive

|

6/22/2018 12:45 PM

dirtmike86 wrote:

usafwx wrote:

I did with my 2016 KTM 150SX, just couldn't jive with that thing.

Thats not enough time.

|

6/22/2018 12:48 PM

dirtmike86 wrote:

nytsmaC wrote:

Likely big bad wife found out or injury forces sale.

Better be a smokin hot ass wife.

|

6/22/2018 3:40 PM

Nice green.

|

6/22/2018 3:46 PM

Hmmmm!! Yet another Vitard who bought a foopter and thinks "he spoke with his wallet"!! Not!!! Was expecting to see a new 2-stroke. Disappointing.

One more time......only buying a new 2-stroke qualifies for " Speaking with your wallet"!

|

6/22/2018 3:50 PM

Sexy...drool...jealous...hate. You're dead to me.devil

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

6/22/2018 4:30 PM

WCRider wrote:

Nice green.

Taken at the guys house I bought it from. His house backed up to a golf course so you know he had dreams of ripping that sucker up!

|

6/22/2018 4:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 4:32 PM

RACERX69 wrote:

Hmmmm!! Yet another Vitard who bought a foopter and thinks "he spoke with his wallet"!! Not!!! Was expecting to see a new ...more

Not if I don't want it to be you moran!

|

6/22/2018 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 5:24 PM

mingham97 wrote:

I thought "spoke with my wallet" applies to just about anything? I have seen it in other places not just buying a 2 stroke on ...more

No, in Vital-land "Spoke with my wallet" means supporting two strokes. As in buying a new one.

|

6/22/2018 5:28 PM

mingham97 wrote:

I thought "spoke with my wallet" applies to just about anything? I have seen it in other places not just buying a 2 stroke on ...more

VET176 wrote:

No, in Vital-land "Spoke with my wallet" means supporting two strokes. As in buying a new one.

Not in my thread. I bought a thumper with my wallet.

|