Another spoke with wallet post

Related:
Create New Tag

6/22/2018 4:00 AM

Photo

I found this on Cycle Trader with 2.5 hours on it and bought it. It even came with a few extra parts, but I had to drive nine hours one way to get it. Saved quite a bit of money on what is essentially a new bike. But like always as soon as I get a new bike it starts raining. My backgrounds with good old number 317 should be in today, so I guess I can work in the shop and watch it rain.
|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

6/22/2018 4:32 AM

Spoke with wallet is when you buy a two stoke... Regardless, congrats on a sick bike

|

6/22/2018 4:42 AM

Nice bike. Even though I'm a Kawi guy, I love the look of the Husky's. Although I don't like the split number plate this year.
Have fun!!

|

6/22/2018 5:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 5:39 AM

Michael Scott wrote:

Spoke with wallet is when you buy a two stoke... Regardless, congrats on a sick bike

Specifically, new 2 strokes. Buying a used bike does nothing to influence manufacturers.

Awesome bike though, enjoy! I need to see one in person to try to figure out what is going on with those plastics.

|

6/22/2018 5:59 AM

If everyone who buys a bike didn't buy a new bike for a solid year it would send a major message to every manufacturer.

|

6/22/2018 6:01 AM

Michael Scott wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:

Specifically, new 2 strokes. Buying a used bike does nothing to influence manufacturers.

Awesome bike though, enjoy! I need to see one in person to try to figure out what is going on with those plastics.

Well, that was one new four stroke that didn't get purchased so chalk another win for the 2 stroke crowd!laughing

You do realize that many people sell a bike to buy another new one now don't you?tongue

|

6/22/2018 6:09 AM

Who the hell sells a bike with 2 hours on it? Some serious buyers remorse there. Anywho congats, i bet that thing will chew up that pretty grass just fine.

|

6/22/2018 6:57 AM

dirtmike86 wrote:

Who the hell sells a bike with 2 hours on it? Some serious buyers remorse there. Anywho congats, i bet that thing will chew up that pretty grass just fine.

I did with my 2016 KTM 150SX, just couldn't jive with that thing.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

6/22/2018 6:58 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

If everyone who buys a bike didn't buy a new bike for a solid year it would send a major message to every manufacturer.

I'm guessing your alluding to the continued skyrocketing prices. New YZ250F, $8199...

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

6/22/2018 7:26 AM

dirtmike86 wrote:

Likely big bad wife found out or injury forces sale.

|

6/22/2018 8:07 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

I didn't buy one for 14 years and now it's been 2 more years. What message did I send? BTW, got off a smoker and on to a thumper and didn't even think twice about it.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

6/22/2018 8:49 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

captmoto wrote:

I didn't buy one for 14 years and now it's been 2 more years. What message did I send? BTW, got off a smoker and on to a thumper and didn't even think twice about it.

Im incredibly sorry to hear about you making such a piss poor decision like that ......(getting off a 2 stroke to get on a 4 stroke)

laughing laughing laughing laughing cool tongue

|

6/22/2018 9:04 AM

Buying a 4 stroke is not "voting with your wallet". Thats a term used when buying a new 2 stroke.

Buying a 4 stroke is "Enabling".

|

6/22/2018 9:08 AM

mx317 wrote: Photo

I found this on Cycle Trader with 2.5 hours on it and bought it. It even came with a few extra parts, but I had to drive nine hours one way to get it. Saved quite a bit of money on what is essentially a new bike. But like always as soon as I get a new bike it starts raining. My backgrounds with good old number 317 should be in today, so I guess I can work in the shop and watch it rain.

Sik bike, congrats.

|

6/22/2018 9:12 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

captmoto wrote:

Multiply your effort by the thousands of people who buy motocross bikes, that's a pretty substantial message when the bean counters look at the bank account each month.

|

6/22/2018 9:15 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

usafwx wrote:

I'm guessing your alluding to the continued skyrocketing prices. New YZ250F, $8199...

Exactly! That's what I'm alluding to.

|

6/22/2018 9:26 AM

I would like to personally apologize to the OP for sending this thread sideways silly

|

6/22/2018 9:46 AM

Michael Scott wrote:

I would like to personally apologize to the OP for sending this thread sideways silly

No problem, I have a 2-stroke also. My mistake I guess in thinking that it was for a new bike you were proud of.

The fellow I bought it from sold because of a new job that keeps him away from home all week.
He has a new baby and can't be gone all week and then be gone on the weekend.
After going to his house backed up to a golf course, he probably won't miss the few grand he lost on the bike!

|

6/22/2018 10:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 10:12 AM

Texas Built wrote:

Buying a 4 stroke is not "voting with your wallet". Thats a term used when buying a new 2 stroke.

Buying a 4 stroke is "Enabling".

So when I buy my new 2019 KX450 and I can speak with my wallet since it’s “stroke biased” and doesn’t have the F anymore, right?

tongue tongue laughing

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

6/22/2018 10:48 AM

I thought "spoke with my wallet" applies to just about anything? I have seen it in other places not just buying a 2 stroke on vital mx.

Any who, in vital terms, every time you speak with your wallet, you are supporting your side of an argument. 2 stroke or 4 stroke.

|

6/22/2018 11:39 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

usafwx wrote:

Adjusted for inflation, thats not that bad of a price compared to a bike from the 1990's. $1 in 1995 is about $1.65 today, so that makes an $8000 bike today cost about $4800 in 1995. So honestly they arent getting a whole lot more expensive

|

6/22/2018 12:45 PM

dirtmike86 wrote:

usafwx wrote:

I did with my 2016 KTM 150SX, just couldn't jive with that thing.

Thats not enough time.

|

6/22/2018 12:48 PM

dirtmike86 wrote:

nytsmaC wrote:

Likely big bad wife found out or injury forces sale.

Better be a smokin hot ass wife.

|

6/22/2018 3:40 PM

Nice green.

|

6/22/2018 3:46 PM

Hmmmm!! Yet another Vitard who bought a foopter and thinks "he spoke with his wallet"!! Not!!! Was expecting to see a new 2-stroke. Disappointing.

One more time......only buying a new 2-stroke qualifies for " Speaking with your wallet"!

|

6/22/2018 3:50 PM

Sexy...drool...jealous...hate. You're dead to me.devil

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

6/22/2018 4:30 PM

WCRider wrote:

Nice green.

Taken at the guys house I bought it from. His house backed up to a golf course so you know he had dreams of ripping that sucker up!

|

6/22/2018 4:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 4:32 PM

RACERX69 wrote:

Hmmmm!! Yet another Vitard who bought a foopter and thinks "he spoke with his wallet"!! Not!!! Was expecting to see a new 2-stroke. Disappointing.

One more time......only buying a new 2-stroke qualifies for " Speaking with your wallet"!

Not if I don't want it to be you moran!

|

6/22/2018 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 5:24 PM

mingham97 wrote:

I thought "spoke with my wallet" applies to just about anything? I have seen it in other places not just buying a 2 stroke on vital mx.

Any who, in vital terms, every time you speak with your wallet, you are supporting your side of an argument. 2 stroke or 4 stroke.

No, in Vital-land "Spoke with my wallet" means supporting two strokes. As in buying a new one.

|

6/22/2018 5:28 PM

mingham97 wrote:

VET176 wrote:

No, in Vital-land "Spoke with my wallet" means supporting two strokes. As in buying a new one.

Not in my thread. I bought a thumper with my wallet.

|