Another rumor from a moto Podcast

Related:
Create New Tag

9/10/2019 3:36 PM

On the RacerX Main Event Moto Show D Blair mentioned Lorettas possibly switching to Ironman in the near future. Any truth to this?

|

9/10/2019 3:41 PM

motoxxx599 wrote:

On the RacerX Main Event Moto Show D Blair mentioned Lorettas possibly switching to Ironman in the near future. Any truth to ...more

It's been talked about a number of times- and honestly I think it would improve the quality of the racing.

I've also heard that the race is entered into a long term contract with the ranch.

|

9/10/2019 3:48 PM

That would be awesome. I hope it's true personally.

|

9/10/2019 4:07 PM

what would it be called then? i feel like lorettas is synonymous with amateur mx racing and the stepping stone into the pros..

|

9/10/2019 4:08 PM

Do both tracks 6 months apart!

|

9/10/2019 4:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/10/2019 4:14 PM

vtec wrote:

what would it be called then? i feel like lorettas is synonymous with amateur mx racing and the stepping stone into the pros.. ...more

AMA Amateur National Championship

Does Ironman have a creek?

|

9/10/2019 4:17 PM

So not an even playing field?

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

9/10/2019 4:19 PM

I was hearing rumors of the Loretta event being moved way back in the NMA days. In fact, it was even "hot topic" conversation at Ponca in 07', but as we know nothing has changed. About time for that old story to resurface.....

|

9/10/2019 4:37 PM

This comes up every year. DC's comments from 2 years ago. Not saying anything's changed since this; and you'd think someone with a podcast on the RacerX network like DB would speak factually.... but... I'll believe it when I see DC admit it..

Photo

|

9/10/2019 4:57 PM

It needs to move every year or at least every few years. At this point it’s ridiculous unfair for first timers. Jett Lawrence is probably the only rider in the last 15 years that did well his first year out.

|

9/10/2019 5:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/10/2019 5:37 PM

Smart strategy for the next round of negotiations.
Floating the idea of moving just might cause Loretta Lynn Inc. (The entertainer that owns the property and rents it out) to reconsider any demands for an increase in rent.
DC and Co. certainly are not dumb asses.

|

“Men, we are surrounded by the enemy. We have the greatest opportunity ever presented an army. We can attack in any direction.”
― General Anthony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne, while addressing troops at Bastogne during the Battle
of the Bulge.

9/10/2019 5:03 PM

LL is such a shitty track. The facility is great though.

Definitely would be better racing if they moved from that hell hole flat field.

|

Not much to say to Vitards.

9/10/2019 5:04 PM

49weasel wrote:

It needs to move every year or at least every few years. At this point it’s ridiculous unfair for first timers. Jett Lawrence ...more

Jett Lawrence would ruin me at the track I'm the hero of. They have a corner named after me. I could hold him off for a lap, possibly two, three on my best best best day. He's smoke me though.

I think that your argument is really invalid for this case at hand.

|

9/10/2019 5:06 PM

I think it would be great if they held it at a National track. Would seem much more applicable to the cause.

|

9/10/2019 5:09 PM

Red Crawford wrote:

Smart strategy for the next round of negotiations.
Floating the idea of moving just might cause Loretta Lynn Inc. (The ...more

Mxsports run 1/2 the pro tracks. I’m sure moving wouldn’t hurt their pockets one bit.

|

9/10/2019 5:13 PM

49weasel wrote:

It needs to move every year or at least every few years. At this point it’s ridiculous unfair for first timers. Jett Lawrence ...more

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

Jett Lawrence would ruin me at the track I'm the hero of. They have a corner named after me. I could hold him off for a lap, ...more

I understand Jett is possibly a phenom but name another first time LL participant that placed top 3 or won a moto in a legit class(not a C class) in the last 15 years ..

|

9/10/2019 5:14 PM

vtec wrote:

what would it be called then? i feel like lorettas is synonymous with amateur mx racing and the stepping stone into the pros.. ...more

The race formerly known as Loretta Lynn’s?

|

9/10/2019 5:30 PM

That wasn't my point. Let me try again.
Smart businesses position themselves for 'best terms.' That's how they remain profitable.
I'm certain MX Sports have plenty of liquidity---and lines of credit and can afford a rent increase. I'm equally certain the stakeholders of MX Sports intend to make sound economic decisions.

|

“Men, we are surrounded by the enemy. We have the greatest opportunity ever presented an army. We can attack in any direction.”
― General Anthony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne, while addressing troops at Bastogne during the Battle
of the Bulge.

9/10/2019 5:42 PM

Loretta Lynn’s MX is the best thing MX has to offer.

DC: don’t ever change this venue. This is MX Legacy. I’ve been to 9 pro national tracks, and other am-nationals.

The track is small, safe and fair.

The facility, town, campground, and everything else That goes with the venue is priceless.

|

9/10/2019 5:44 PM

GforceCoatings wrote:

I think it would be great if they held it at a National track. Would seem much more applicable to the cause.

Yeah, sure! Give Mike Brown even more of an advantage! tongue tongue laughing laughing

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

9/10/2019 7:36 PM

Racer111 that’s funny!

For everyone else: one question, where else in the us do you have as many RV hook ups and campsites as Loretta’s AND will allow you to build a track and race dirt bikes and go mad on golf carts and pit bikes????

That’s really what it boils down to

It’s not like at a national where an RV can self sustain for 2 days. It’s an entire week of racing and you need the infrastructure

|

9/10/2019 7:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/10/2019 7:58 PM

dirtdog36 wrote:

Racer111 that’s funny!

For everyone else: one question, where else in the us do you have as many RV hook ups and campsites as ...more

I'd love to know the economic impact that LL has on Humphreys County and the surrounding region...

I live in Charlotte, NC. I remember when Bruton Smith wanted to build the four wide drag strip next to Charlotte Motor Speedway, and Cabarrus County said no way. Bruton Smith said fine, the Speedway can sit empty and I'll find a new home for the NASCAR races..

Not only did Cabarrus County approve the drag strip - they also renamed Speedway Blvd, to Bruton Smith Blvd.

|

9/10/2019 8:33 PM

OneWordResponseGuy wrote:

LL is such a shitty track. The facility is great though.

Definitely would be better racing if they moved from that hell hole ...more

Hmm...that’s a lot of words.

|

9/10/2019 9:46 PM

motoxxx599 wrote:

On the RacerX Main Event Moto Show D Blair mentioned Lorettas possibly switching to Ironman in the near future. Any truth to ...more

Nope

|

9/11/2019 3:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2019 9:31 AM

49weasel wrote:

Andrew Bristol 2013 450A class 3rd place overall. Never had been prior to 2013. In fact he didn’t even walk the track the first two days we were there... we were in the camper playing Xbox the whole time haha. He was crazy talented and fast! Tall and skinny with a different riding style then anyone else I’ve ever seen. He and I made the trip from Upstate New York in a 1970’s pull behind camper. His bike was totally clapped out. Nothing fresh about it. Two sets of roached out alias gear and a couple air filters and two jugs of VP gas. That’s all he had with him. I bought him a set of tires to get thru the week. Shoe string budget for both of us but I helped him best I could and so did our buddy JDub to give him his best shot at doing good. Andy had so much potential that year. He was an amazing talent and now since passed away. Very sad deal but truly one of the greatest experiences of my life was being with Andy that week. So many funny stories that trip to remember and hold on too. Godspeed

|

9/11/2019 3:33 AM

49weasel wrote:

MX114 wrote:

Andrew Bristol 2013 450A class 3rd place overall. Never had been prior to 2013. In fact he didn’t even walk the track the ...more

Photo
Photo
|

9/11/2019 3:37 AM

Andy and me when we finally did walk the track haha. And Andy by himself with his KX450 Photo
Photo

|

9/11/2019 3:41 AM

Loretta's needs to stay at Loretta's. It's not the greatest track but the location, the atmosphere, the history, the legacy and most of all the name is synonymous to amateur MX racing.

|

9/11/2019 3:53 AM

I feel like Blair has been spewing out a lot of rumors on his podcast and way too many of them turning out to be untrue. At least with Matthes you know that if he´s confident, then its true, and if the rumor is weak, he´ll generally say so.

|

9/11/2019 4:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2019 4:53 AM

dirtdog36 wrote:

Racer111 that’s funny!

For everyone else: one question, where else in the us do you have as many RV hook ups and campsites as ...more

http://chillitownmx.com/

Flat track just like Loretta's, but 1300ish camper hook ups, Paved roads. They host the easy rider rodeo every year... MX crowd is a breeze lol.
Decent sized town just a down the road.

5.5 hrs closer for MX sports. Maybe and hour from the AMA

They were doing maybe 3 - 4 races a year. Now the owners of the lease have 2 years remaining but say they are worn out. Perfect time for MX sports to come in and by the contract out. Heard they have 2 years remaining with the faid board at $250,000.

|

Instagram: logi.bear93
Youtube: Logi. Bear93