Another rider to Star yamaha for 2022?

aeffertz
5/11/2021 11:37am
Matthes drops the Tomac Yama-bomb and Swap wants to get his scoop too, lol
What’s funny, everyone was quick to say Matthes was “fake news” when he dropped that bomb. Know SML makes this claim with other notable people claiming it as incorrect and everyone is saying “well he didn’t stamp it”. Grinning

The podcast armies are wild!
mxracer_131
5/11/2021 11:40am
I would hate to see frye dropped he has had to be fighting issues non stop cause he has tons of potential.
outerlimits
5/11/2021 12:55pm
I would hate to see frye dropped he has had to be fighting issues non stop cause he has tons of potential.
I think he is also stronger outdoors than indoors.
5/11/2021 1:02pm
seven10 wrote:
No diss on Matthes but I don’t think his relationship with the Star Yamaha team is that great. I not saying anyone is right or wrong...
No diss on Matthes but I don’t think his relationship with the Star Yamaha team is that great.

I not saying anyone is right or wrong, but considering the source, I would trust the info from the SML crew more then Matthes, in this case.
I mean it’s completely fine to not trust Matthes on EVERYTHING, but then let’s look at this from the angle of common sense.

Why would Mitch let a young racer who finished every SX race this season, improved as the year went on, finished 2nd in the East, and by all accounts is an outstanding person go?

He’s like the perfect PC rider and exactly what Mitch looks for lol

The Shop

wb173
5/11/2021 1:06pm
Maybe Monster is putting more money in one bucket over the other... #Tomac
5/11/2021 1:33pm
I think he is also stronger outdoors than indoors.
not going to matter when he cant perform in supercross, look at masterpool, i cant see fry keeping his ride even winning some outdoor motos
5/11/2021 1:57pm
wb173 wrote:
Maybe Monster is putting more money in one bucket over the other... #Tomac
but it comes from the same bucket so that logic doesnt work
deluxeman
5/11/2021 2:03pm
seven10 wrote:
I think you gotta keep Craig!
I’m only a few min into the podcast but Anton drops the dirt at around the 5:00 mark
Why do you "gotta keep Craig" ?

I'll get hate for this but Christian Craig has 3 total wins in his entire pro career. The guy crashes way too much for someone of his ability, age, experience. Yeah he looks fast, has great style, but ...................................... What have you done for me lately? He just threw away his best chance to win a title by getting in a tangle with Jett, and a mental mistake at SLC II.

Shimoda has 1 win so far in his career. He has 33% of CC wins in 2 seasons and is still improving. Will he be as fast as CC, maybe not, but he sure will spend less time on the ground than CC will. The kid seems unflappable and eager to learn. I will take that over fast but fragile.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
5/11/2021 3:22pm
I mean it’s completely fine to not trust Matthes on EVERYTHING, but then let’s look at this from the angle of common sense. Why would Mitch...
I mean it’s completely fine to not trust Matthes on EVERYTHING, but then let’s look at this from the angle of common sense.

Why would Mitch let a young racer who finished every SX race this season, improved as the year went on, finished 2nd in the East, and by all accounts is an outstanding person go?

I agree with this but what if it's true and PC never got the chance to negotiate?? It's pretty early for the 250 class silly season no?
seven10
Fantasy
1256th
5/11/2021 6:24pm
deluxeman wrote:
Why do you "gotta keep Craig" ? I'll get hate for this but Christian Craig has 3 total wins in his entire pro career. The guy...
Why do you "gotta keep Craig" ?

I'll get hate for this but Christian Craig has 3 total wins in his entire pro career. The guy crashes way too much for someone of his ability, age, experience. Yeah he looks fast, has great style, but ...................................... What have you done for me lately? He just threw away his best chance to win a title by getting in a tangle with Jett, and a mental mistake at SLC II.

Shimoda has 1 win so far in his career. He has 33% of CC wins in 2 seasons and is still improving. Will he be as fast as CC, maybe not, but he sure will spend less time on the ground than CC will. The kid seems unflappable and eager to learn. I will take that over fast but fragile.
You make some really great points! I’m a CC fan and Sushi fan, when I said gotta keep Craig I wasn’t saying keep Craig over Shimoda I was just stating that I strongly think the team should keep CC.

You can not deny CC’s speed, starts, and skills in the whoops. Plus i think CC is a good role model/ mentor type for young talent Star likes to bring up. I mean come on give the man some respect! He is a proven race winner for the star Yamaha team! I just think it would be a shame if they let him go.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
5/11/2021 8:09pm
seven10 wrote:
No diss on Matthes but I don’t think his relationship with the Star Yamaha team is that great. I not saying anyone is right or wrong...
No diss on Matthes but I don’t think his relationship with the Star Yamaha team is that great.

I not saying anyone is right or wrong, but considering the source, I would trust the info from the SML crew more then Matthes, in this case.
I mean it’s completely fine to not trust Matthes on EVERYTHING, but then let’s look at this from the angle of common sense. Why would Mitch...

It’s not entirely up to Mitch or any team whether a rider leaves.
wide open wally
Fantasy
3834th
5/11/2021 9:02pm
Matthes drops the Tomac Yama-bomb and Swap wants to get his scoop too, lol
aeffertz wrote:
What’s funny, everyone was quick to say Matthes was “fake news” when he dropped that bomb. Know SML makes this claim with other notable people claiming...
What’s funny, everyone was quick to say Matthes was “fake news” when he dropped that bomb. Know SML makes this claim with other notable people claiming it as incorrect and everyone is saying “well he didn’t stamp it”. Grinning

The podcast armies are wild!
I just try to look at his track record, Steve usually doesn’t miss and when he’s not sure he puts it out there. It’s funny when even the riders and managers are like how did you find that out Steve lol.
dancolvin633
Fantasy
2255th
5/11/2021 9:38pm
Shimoda isn’t going anywhere... he will be back for 2 more years at PC
Up Wind
5/12/2021 6:14am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2021 6:15am
Shimoda isn’t going anywhere... he will be back for 2 more years at PC
Hopefully he dumped that joke of a agent he has/had.
Jardo
Fantasy
2080th
5/12/2021 6:16am
If the last two years have proven anything, the deal isn't done until the ink is on the line. All the moto media guys are reporting on things that they are 95% sure are going to happen. Sometimes it doesnt.
kiwifan
5/13/2021 8:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/13/2021 8:39pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Joe hasn’t signed anywhere. Mitch ain’t going to let him go without a fight. Knowing what kind of person Joe and his family are, I’d be...
Joe hasn’t signed anywhere.

Mitch ain’t going to let him go without a fight.

Knowing what kind of person Joe and his family are, I’d be real surprised if he moved on.
JBlain619 wrote:
Exactly...if it isn't PC it will be HRC.
tek14 wrote:
Why would Joe go to Honda as they dropped him without ride before PC picked him up? If HRC cared enough he been racing with Lawrence...
Why would Joe go to Honda as they dropped him without ride before PC picked him up?
If HRC cared enough he been racing with Lawrence bros this year and in future.
You must be having a brain fart, Honda did not drop him, they lost a major sponsor for the Factory supported 250 programme, therefore could not afford to run the programme on their own (they have no major sponsor for the HRC team even), Hunter and Jett were all they could cope with under the HRC tent.

It is that simple, anything else is just hating and not factual.

Unless you know how to run race teams yourself and can bring in big money to hire all the riders who Honda are "obligated to" or "should care for" ?
FI2T
5/13/2021 9:28pm
JBlain619 wrote:
Exactly...if it isn't PC it will be HRC.
tek14 wrote:
Why would Joe go to Honda as they dropped him without ride before PC picked him up? If HRC cared enough he been racing with Lawrence...
Why would Joe go to Honda as they dropped him without ride before PC picked him up?
If HRC cared enough he been racing with Lawrence bros this year and in future.
kiwifan wrote:
You must be having a brain fart, Honda did not drop him, they lost a major sponsor for the Factory supported 250 programme, therefore could not...
You must be having a brain fart, Honda did not drop him, they lost a major sponsor for the Factory supported 250 programme, therefore could not afford to run the programme on their own (they have no major sponsor for the HRC team even), Hunter and Jett were all they could cope with under the HRC tent.

It is that simple, anything else is just hating and not factual.

Unless you know how to run race teams yourself and can bring in big money to hire all the riders who Honda are "obligated to" or "should care for" ?
I'm pretty sure Honda could run a 3 rider team with no sponsors and be just fine affording it.
RalphS
5/14/2021 1:57am
FI2T wrote:
I'm pretty sure Honda could run a 3 rider team with no sponsors and be just fine affording it.
Sure, after kr94 retires
Slay896
5/14/2021 3:11am
Levi Kitchen is probably make his pro debut after lorettas with star too
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/14/2021 9:39am
orange_44 wrote:
Brad seems like a dbag
Based on what exactly? What you've heard on a podcast?
seven10
Fantasy
1256th
5/14/2021 10:28am
orange_44 wrote:
Brad seems like a dbag
GuyB wrote:
Yeah kinda...
This is a professional sport and we as fans look to the media, like yourself guyb, to cover the sport and provided us with content, news, race reports, bike test, etc etc.
And for Brad to just completely block one media outlet (pulpmx) just because he doesn’t like the guy. it is kind of a d-bag move.

That being said I don’t know brad, he’s probably a great guy and works hard for his team. I totally dig that.

The teams success speaks for itself, but to totally block pulpmx, kill the bike test, block wil Hahn from coming on the show, all that stuff is childs play. I for one really enjoyed wil on the pulp show and I thought it would be very entertaining to see Steve ride the star bike. But I guess we won’t know.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
5/14/2021 12:56pm
orange_44 wrote:
Brad seems like a dbag
GuyB wrote:
seven10 wrote:
Yeah kinda... This is a professional sport and we as fans look to the media, like yourself guyb, to cover the sport and provided us with...
Yeah kinda...
This is a professional sport and we as fans look to the media, like yourself guyb, to cover the sport and provided us with content, news, race reports, bike test, etc etc.
And for Brad to just completely block one media outlet (pulpmx) just because he doesn’t like the guy. it is kind of a d-bag move.

That being said I don’t know brad, he’s probably a great guy and works hard for his team. I totally dig that.

The teams success speaks for itself, but to totally block pulpmx, kill the bike test, block wil Hahn from coming on the show, all that stuff is childs play. I for one really enjoyed wil on the pulp show and I thought it would be very entertaining to see Steve ride the star bike. But I guess we won’t know.
This plus not allowing an employee to call into a podcast and for multiple fivolous protest
Spooner
5/14/2021 5:35pm
Anyone hear anything about Wil leaving the team?
romain524
5/15/2021 3:22am
Spooner wrote:
I heard he would go to TLD
5/15/2021 5:00am
Spooner wrote:
Rumor is he is going to TLD as a team trainer or riding coach and to be back on the west coast with his family.

Maybe they will replace him with a new face like Seth Rarick or ......
Spooner
5/15/2021 5:03am
Rumor is he is going to TLD as a team trainer or riding coach and to be back on the west coast with his family. Maybe...
Rumor is he is going to TLD as a team trainer or riding coach and to be back on the west coast with his family.

Same thing I heard.
xrmark
5/15/2021 8:30am
Rumor is he is going to TLD as a team trainer or riding coach and to be back on the west coast with his family. Maybe...

Should go to TLD as the new manager. TK sucks

Post a reply to: Another rider to Star yamaha for 2022?

The Latest