Another rider to Star yamaha for 2022?

seven10
Fantasy
733rd
Edited Date/Time 5/15/2021 8:30am
Just heard on the SML Podcast that Joe Shimoda signed to Star for next year.
Kinda shocked Mitch wouldn’t keep the kid.
Seems like star yamaha has half the 250 field on the team!
Does this mean Frye is on the outs?
|
seven10
Fantasy
733rd
5/10/2021 8:14pm
I think you gotta keep Craig!
I’m only a few min into the podcast but Anton drops the dirt at around the 5:00 mark
ACBailey89
Fantasy
2553rd
5/10/2021 8:25pm Edited Date/Time 5/11/2021 9:54am
I would guess it means frye is gone. Hard to see them getting rid of Craig when he is a championship contender, but maybe he moves to the 450 full time next year. Unless there just gonna field an even bigger team next year hard to see who they get rid of especially with kitchen moving up next year as well as a few other amateurs waiting in the wings. But really who do you get rid of? Nichols, Cooper, Martin seem like locks unless one decides they wanna move up to the 450s. That leaves Craig, Thrasher, and Frye. My guess would be maybe they gave Craig a 450 deal for next year, and are gonna let go of Frye
Sully
5/10/2021 8:44pm
Why would Mitch not drop Smith and work to keep Jo? He was the team's highest finisher in SX.

The Shop

kiwifan
5/10/2021 9:38pm
Even if he goes to Star, they sure have spent up big for big names in last couple of years....just like Honda did back in the 80s...worked for them
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
5/10/2021 9:44pm
Shimoda only posted saying the other day he was staying with PC? Unless he means for outdoors
JBlain619
5/11/2021 6:21am
Sully wrote:
Why would Mitch not drop Smith and work to keep Jo? He was the team's highest finisher in SX.
Mitch didn't drop Shimoda. He hasn't signed anywhere yet for 2022. Don't think for one minute Mitch isn't going to do everything he can to keep him.

SML is losing credibility. It's almost like they're trying to hard to be first. He posted some false info about my guy and now this.
LungButter
5/11/2021 6:25am
JBlain619 wrote:
Mitch didn't drop Shimoda. He hasn't signed anywhere yet for 2022. Don't think for one minute Mitch isn't going to do everything he can to keep...
Mitch didn't drop Shimoda. He hasn't signed anywhere yet for 2022. Don't think for one minute Mitch isn't going to do everything he can to keep him.

SML is losing credibility. It's almost like they're trying to hard to be first. He posted some false info about my guy and now this.
Isn’t SML on the Star payroll?

They dropping this news to try to help out Star in negotiations?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
5/11/2021 6:41am
Joe hasn’t signed anywhere.

Mitch ain’t going to let him go without a fight.

Knowing what kind of person Joe and his family are, I’d be real surprised if he moved on.
JBlain619
5/11/2021 6:46am
UpTiTe wrote:
Joe hasn’t signed anywhere. Mitch ain’t going to let him go without a fight. Knowing what kind of person Joe and his family are, I’d be...

Knowing what kind of person Joe and his family are, I’d be real surprised if he moved on.
Exactly...if it isn't PC it will be HRC.
Spooner
5/11/2021 7:02am
kiwifan wrote:
Even if he goes to Star, they sure have spent up big for big names in last couple of years....just like Honda did back in the...
Even if he goes to Star, they sure have spent up big for big names in last couple of years....just like Honda did back in the 80s...worked for them
I'd bet they don't have to pay top dollar for most of these guys, they just want to ride the best bike.
Zycki11
5/11/2021 7:31am
Sully wrote:
JBlain619 wrote:
Mitch didn't drop Shimoda. He hasn't signed anywhere yet for 2022. Don't think for one minute Mitch isn't going to do everything he can to keep...

Don is a great guy, but he does have a track record of doing things like this, Releasing photos too soon etc. As a Yamaha guy, I love how good Star is doing. But we need competition from other teams.
tek14
5/11/2021 8:14am
UpTiTe wrote:
Joe hasn’t signed anywhere. Mitch ain’t going to let him go without a fight. Knowing what kind of person Joe and his family are, I’d be...

JBlain619 wrote:
Why would Joe go to Honda as they dropped him without ride before PC picked him up?
If HRC cared enough he been racing with Lawrence bros this year and in future.
ZOBITO
5/11/2021 8:22am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2021 8:24am
JBlain619 wrote:

Trying too hard to be first reminds me of this...
Back in the day, LeBigUSA posted this exclusive news: RCH Suzuki had signed Christophe Pourcel!
Not only that, but he wrote a very thorough and detailed journalism lesson about "how to get a scoop".
Unfortunately for him, it was a huge prank all along.
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
5/11/2021 8:48am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2021 9:00am
Sully wrote:
JBlain619 wrote:

In Anton's defense he said he wasn't 100% positive on that one. He did act like it was likely though but it's not like he's "stamping it"

I have no idea who "Your guy" is though? What happened there?
JBlain619
5/11/2021 9:13am
UpTiTe wrote:

JBlain619 wrote:
tek14 wrote:
Why would Joe go to Honda as they dropped him without ride before PC picked him up? If HRC cared enough he been racing with Lawrence...
Why would Joe go to Honda as they dropped him without ride before PC picked him up?
If HRC cared enough he been racing with Lawrence bros this year and in future.
Family ties. Jo was going to ride with direct support from HRC on a satellite Honda team prior to landing the spot at PC. There isn't any animosity at all from the Shimoda's towards HRC.
captmoto
5/11/2021 9:24am
Shimoda had to try out for the PC spot. He was the 5th add on when the plans called for 4 riders. I don't see him leaving PC and you'd think the rumors would have been out there a lot sooner. Jo would be a hot commodity.
outerlimits
5/11/2021 9:57am
Sully wrote:
JBlain619 wrote:

stremme12 wrote:
In Anton's defense he said he wasn't 100% positive on that one. He did act like it was likely though but it's not like he's "stamping...
In Anton's defense he said he wasn't 100% positive on that one. He did act like it was likely though but it's not like he's "stamping it"

I have no idea who "Your guy" is though? What happened there?
Don also said he texted Jo "Star?" and Jo said "no comment", which tells me he likely at least had some sort of discussions with them. I would also prefer he stay at PC just to keep the balance of power in check. This does make me wonder about Frye's situation though for next year as it sounds like maybe Kitchen is not coming up this year after all...maybe just not enough bikes/mechanics to go around.
seven10
Fantasy
733rd
5/11/2021 11:05am
No diss on Matthes but I don’t think his relationship with the Star Yamaha team is that great.

I not saying anyone is right or wrong, but considering the source, I would trust the info from the SML crew more then Matthes, in this case.
ZOBITO
5/11/2021 11:12am
Why all the bad rap about SML, anyway?
Huh
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
5/11/2021 11:16am
seven10 wrote:
No diss on Matthes but I don’t think his relationship with the Star Yamaha team is that great. I not saying anyone is right or wrong...
No diss on Matthes but I don’t think his relationship with the Star Yamaha team is that great.

I not saying anyone is right or wrong, but considering the source, I would trust the info from the SML crew more then Matthes, in this case.
He did break the Tomac news before anyone else including SML. Didn't SML even say Wil Hahn didn't even know about the Tomac deal or did I hear wrong?
Zycki11
5/11/2021 11:16am
seven10 wrote:
No diss on Matthes but I don’t think his relationship with the Star Yamaha team is that great. I not saying anyone is right or wrong...

Relationship with Will is good. Relationship with Brad is bad
orange_44
5/11/2021 11:32am
Zycki11 wrote:
Relationship with Will is good. Relationship with Brad is bad
Brad seems like a dbag

Post a reply to: Another rider to Star yamaha for 2022?

The Latest