Another reason Coop took the summer off?

In Chads latest YouTube video they mention Coops wife is pregnant.. I hadn’t heard this before, it may have already been out there, but that seems like a decent reason he would want to take the summer off.
|
Motofinne
6/18/2022 2:38am Edited Date/Time 6/18/2022 5:15am
He'll do the same next year too. So no, that is not the main reason. He just wants to do SX only, this is something we will see more and more of.

Richy
6/18/2022 2:54am Edited Date/Time 6/18/2022 2:55am
Yeah man, it's been mentioned quite a few times prior to that video, even during supercross 👍

To be fair if he's getting a little burnt out and a little banged up and his wife is expecting on top of that, it seems like prime time to have a lay up and get things together.

It's like with Kenny or anyone else on their level, having him in the mix for longer is a good thing and if this is what he feels he needs to do to get there, more power to him, some people are so quick to jump on these guys now (not in this thread, yet, just generally)
wreckitrandy
6/18/2022 2:54am
Motofinne wrote:
He'll do the same next year too. So no, that is not the main reason. He just wants to do SX only, this is something we...
He'll do the same next year too. So no, that is not the main reason. He just wants to do SX only, this is something we will see more and more of.

Correct. Historically, I've been a massive fan but right now, I'm disappointed in him.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
6/18/2022 4:04am
I thought FMLA gave you up to 12 weeks after the baby was born. Now husbands are taking time off before the birth, dang we getting soft…

The Shop

6/18/2022 4:15am
Motofinne wrote:
He'll do the same next year too. So no, that is not the main reason. He just wants to do SX only, this is something we...

When did he say he's doing SX only from now on? I thought he made it pretty obvious that he thinks the new bike sucks and was happy to take some time off until they get it better.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
6/18/2022 4:16am
yak651 wrote:
I thought FMLA gave you up to 12 weeks after the baby was born. Now husbands are taking time off before the birth, dang we getting...
I thought FMLA gave you up to 12 weeks after the baby was born. Now husbands are taking time off before the birth, dang we getting soft…
Or he wants his wife concentrating on making a healthy baby and not stressing out worrying about him getting hurt and traveling around the country pregnant. When the baby’s born healthy then go charge it and pay the bills.
6/18/2022 4:19am
When did he say he's doing SX only from now on? I thought he made it pretty obvious that he thinks the new bike sucks and...
When did he say he's doing SX only from now on? I thought he made it pretty obvious that he thinks the new bike sucks and was happy to take some time off until they get it better.
Dang, my current car and gas prices suck. Can I take time off until those issues get resolved?
thundergoat
6/18/2022 4:28am
When did he say he's doing SX only from now on? I thought he made it pretty obvious that he thinks the new bike sucks and...
Dang, my current car and gas prices suck. Can I take time off until those issues get resolved?
Yeah, go ahead.
Richy
6/18/2022 4:29am
I can't, but if I was in a position to, then I most likely would.
6/18/2022 5:11am
Where/when did he say the new bike sucks?
KONG
6/18/2022 5:29am Edited Date/Time 6/18/2022 7:12am
He didn't. But I heard the rumor for the first time somewhere like midway through SX and have been told "stamp it" by someone who's usually in the know...
Posted it here and got a trillion downvotes, which makes it even more likely to happen.
Laughing
Sideways
6/18/2022 5:39am
Motofinne wrote:

its a shame because SX sucks in comparison to mx. SX is fun for a couple of races. After that its just the same and the countdown to MX has begun.
Cygrace74
6/18/2022 5:56am
Idk why this is such a deal right now when he’s the 100th guy to do SX only? Where was all this hate for Brayton? Or Dungey? Or Reed?
Sully
6/18/2022 5:59am
What the hell makes any of you clowns think you have a say in how another adult conducts his job, or how his employer handles him? Would I like to see Webb do the nationals? Sure. Do I think he ‘owes’ it to me because I’m a fan of the sport? No. Do I think less of KTM for giving their guy time to get his head right? Fuck no.
ATKpilot99
6/18/2022 6:05am
Sully wrote:
What the hell makes any of you clowns think you have a say in how another adult conducts his job, or how his employer handles him...
What the hell makes any of you clowns think you have a say in how another adult conducts his job, or how his employer handles him? Would I like to see Webb do the nationals? Sure. Do I think he ‘owes’ it to me because I’m a fan of the sport? No. Do I think less of KTM for giving their guy time to get his head right? Fuck no.
He's the guy that said " I get paid to race . "
lando356
6/18/2022 6:31am
Do riders sign a contract , then do they lose money when they refuse to race ?
Sully
6/18/2022 6:36am
lando356 wrote:
Do riders sign a contract , then do they lose money when they refuse to race ?
Does it affect you at all either way?
reded301
6/18/2022 6:42am
Whatever the guy has to do to stay mentally healthy and at the top of his game when he’s racing. I like watching him ride when he’s at his best.
6/18/2022 6:57am Edited Date/Time 6/18/2022 7:05am
Well on the Matthes podcast I'm pretty sure he blamed his results on not being comfortable on the new bike. Don't think it's news to anyone that the KTM guys have been struggling with it, just a couple weeks ago Tony said they were struggling with the new bike in an interview with ML.

I just saw the rumour mill video with Michael saying he could be doing SX only again, so what the hell do I know.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/18/2022 7:10am
Well on the Matthes podcast I'm pretty sure he blamed his results on not being comfortable on the new bike. Don't think it's news to anyone...
Well on the Matthes podcast I'm pretty sure he blamed his results on not being comfortable on the new bike. Don't think it's news to anyone that the KTM guys have been struggling with it, just a couple weeks ago Tony said they were struggling with the new bike in an interview with ML.

I just saw the rumour mill video with Michael saying he could be doing SX only again, so what the hell do I know.
Tony said he was struggling mostly cause the MXGP bike is different.
Zycki11
6/18/2022 7:15am
Well on the Matthes podcast I'm pretty sure he blamed his results on not being comfortable on the new bike. Don't think it's news to anyone...

ML512 wrote:
I found it interesting that Coop took off the brace on the frame last year and his results improved and Barcia put it back on last week and his results improved lol. Kids these days are never happy haha
6/18/2022 7:27am Edited Date/Time 6/18/2022 7:28am
ML512 wrote:
I thought it also had something to do with the new bike, but regardless if it's true that Cooper is doing SX only from now on that's extremely disappointing. I never thought he would have been that kind of guy.
6/18/2022 7:30am
Motofinne wrote:

Sideways wrote:
its a shame because SX sucks in comparison to mx. SX is fun for a couple of races. After that its just the same and the...
its a shame because SX sucks in comparison to mx. SX is fun for a couple of races. After that its just the same and the countdown to MX has begun.
One million percent yes
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
6/18/2022 7:34am
Cygrace74 wrote:
Idk why this is such a deal right now when he’s the 100th guy to do SX only? Where was all this hate for Brayton? Or...
Idk why this is such a deal right now when he’s the 100th guy to do SX only? Where was all this hate for Brayton? Or Dungey? Or Reed?
Dungey did sx only?
Cygrace74
6/18/2022 7:39am
Cygrace74 wrote:
Idk why this is such a deal right now when he’s the 100th guy to do SX only? Where was all this hate for Brayton? Or...
jjavaman wrote:
Dungey did sx only?
Do you not remember him racing SX and then bailing out of outdoors and retiring.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
6/18/2022 9:07am
Good on Coop for putting his health and wife/child first. Would I like to see him racing this summer....absolutely.

Gotta love people judging him when they have no idea what it takes to run at the level these guys do year after year.

How many have we seen burn out because of the demands.

On another note, It's a bummer MX seems to be slowly dying off with top guys opting out. SX has become nothing more than aerial gymnastics....practiced to death all week long.

6/18/2022 9:10am
yak651 wrote:
I thought FMLA gave you up to 12 weeks after the baby was born. Now husbands are taking time off before the birth, dang we getting...
sumdood wrote:
Or he wants his wife concentrating on making a healthy baby and not stressing out worrying about him getting hurt and traveling around the country pregnant...
Or he wants his wife concentrating on making a healthy baby and not stressing out worrying about him getting hurt and traveling around the country pregnant. When the baby’s born healthy then go charge it and pay the bills.
I'm not sure that flies. My wife was pregnant when I left for Vietnam in 1969. When I got home, my daughter was six months old. Except for that wife divorcing me two years later, it was pretty normal.

Post a reply to: Another reason Coop took the summer off?

The Latest