Another reason Coop took the summer off?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/18/2022 1:18 AM

In Chads latest YouTube video they mention Coops wife is pregnant.. I hadn’t heard this before, it may have already been out there, but that seems like a decent reason he would want to take the summer off.

|

6/18/2022 2:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2022 5:15 AM

He'll do the same next year too. So no, that is not the main reason. He just wants to do SX only, this is something we will see more and more of.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

6/18/2022 2:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2022 2:55 AM

Yeah man, it's been mentioned quite a few times prior to that video, even during supercross 👍

To be fair if he's getting a little burnt out and a little banged up and his wife is expecting on top of that, it seems like prime time to have a lay up and get things together.

It's like with Kenny or anyone else on their level, having him in the mix for longer is a good thing and if this is what he feels he needs to do to get there, more power to him, some people are so quick to jump on these guys now (not in this thread, yet, just generally)

|

6/18/2022 2:54 AM

Motofinne wrote:

He'll do the same next year too. So no, that is not the main reason. He just wants to do SX only, this is something we will ...more

Correct. Historically, I've been a massive fan but right now, I'm disappointed in him.

|

6/18/2022 4:04 AM

I thought FMLA gave you up to 12 weeks after the baby was born. Now husbands are taking time off before the birth, dang we getting soft…

|

6/18/2022 4:15 AM

Motofinne wrote:

He'll do the same next year too. So no, that is not the main reason. He just wants to do SX only, this is something we will ...more

When did he say he's doing SX only from now on? I thought he made it pretty obvious that he thinks the new bike sucks and was happy to take some time off until they get it better.

|

6/18/2022 4:16 AM

yak651 wrote:

I thought FMLA gave you up to 12 weeks after the baby was born. Now husbands are taking time off before the birth, dang we ...more

Or he wants his wife concentrating on making a healthy baby and not stressing out worrying about him getting hurt and traveling around the country pregnant. When the baby’s born healthy then go charge it and pay the bills.

|

6/18/2022 4:19 AM

woody woodpecker wrote:

When did he say he's doing SX only from now on? I thought he made it pretty obvious that he thinks the new bike sucks and was ...more

Dang, my current car and gas prices suck. Can I take time off until those issues get resolved?

|

6/18/2022 4:28 AM

Motofinne wrote:

He'll do the same next year too. So no, that is not the main reason. He just wants to do SX only, this is something we will ...more

woody woodpecker wrote:

When did he say he's doing SX only from now on? I thought he made it pretty obvious that he thinks the new bike sucks and was ...more

ButteryWaffles wrote:

Dang, my current car and gas prices suck. Can I take time off until those issues get resolved?

Yeah, go ahead.

|

6/18/2022 4:29 AM

Motofinne wrote:

He'll do the same next year too. So no, that is not the main reason. He just wants to do SX only, this is something we will ...more

woody woodpecker wrote:

When did he say he's doing SX only from now on? I thought he made it pretty obvious that he thinks the new bike sucks and was ...more

ButteryWaffles wrote:

Dang, my current car and gas prices suck. Can I take time off until those issues get resolved?

I can't, but if I was in a position to, then I most likely would.

|

6/18/2022 5:11 AM

woody woodpecker wrote:

When did he say he's doing SX only from now on? I thought he made it pretty obvious that he thinks the new bike sucks and was ...more

Where/when did he say the new bike sucks?

|

A grown-up who will NEVER down-vote you, no matter what you say.

Go on- show the world you're a powerful S.O.B and hit that downvote button! You're such a badass! :-)

6/18/2022 5:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2022 7:12 AM

woody woodpecker wrote:

When did he say he's doing SX only from now on? I thought he made it pretty obvious that he thinks the new bike sucks and was ...more

He didn't. But I heard the rumor for the first time somewhere like midway through SX and have been told "stamp it" by someone who's usually in the know...
Posted it here and got a trillion downvotes, which makes it even more likely to happen.
laughing

|

6/18/2022 5:34 AM

If he's not injured he should be racing .

|

6/18/2022 5:39 AM

Motofinne wrote:

He'll do the same next year too. So no, that is not the main reason. He just wants to do SX only, this is something we will ...more

its a shame because SX sucks in comparison to mx. SX is fun for a couple of races. After that its just the same and the countdown to MX has begun.

|

6/18/2022 5:56 AM

Idk why this is such a deal right now when he’s the 100th guy to do SX only? Where was all this hate for Brayton? Or Dungey? Or Reed?

|

6/18/2022 5:59 AM

What the hell makes any of you clowns think you have a say in how another adult conducts his job, or how his employer handles him? Would I like to see Webb do the nationals? Sure. Do I think he ‘owes’ it to me because I’m a fan of the sport? No. Do I think less of KTM for giving their guy time to get his head right? Fuck no.

|

6/18/2022 6:05 AM

Sully wrote:

What the hell makes any of you clowns think you have a say in how another adult conducts his job, or how his employer handles ...more

He's the guy that said " I get paid to race . "

|

6/18/2022 6:31 AM

Do riders sign a contract , then do they lose money when they refuse to race ?

|

6/18/2022 6:36 AM

lando356 wrote:

Do riders sign a contract , then do they lose money when they refuse to race ?

Does it affect you at all either way?

|

6/18/2022 6:42 AM

Whatever the guy has to do to stay mentally healthy and at the top of his game when he’s racing. I like watching him ride when he’s at his best.

|

6/18/2022 6:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2022 7:05 AM

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

Where/when did he say the new bike sucks?

Well on the Matthes podcast I'm pretty sure he blamed his results on not being comfortable on the new bike. Don't think it's news to anyone that the KTM guys have been struggling with it, just a couple weeks ago Tony said they were struggling with the new bike in an interview with ML.

I just saw the rumour mill video with Michael saying he could be doing SX only again, so what the hell do I know.

|

6/18/2022 7:10 AM

woody woodpecker wrote:

When did he say he's doing SX only from now on? I thought he made it pretty obvious that he thinks the new bike sucks and was ...more

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

Where/when did he say the new bike sucks?

woody woodpecker wrote:

Well on the Matthes podcast I'm pretty sure he blamed his results on not being comfortable on the new bike. Don't think it's ...more

Tony said he was struggling mostly cause the MXGP bike is different.

|

6/18/2022 7:15 AM

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

Where/when did he say the new bike sucks?

woody woodpecker wrote:

Well on the Matthes podcast I'm pretty sure he blamed his results on not being comfortable on the new bike. Don't think it's ...more

ML512 wrote:

Tony said he was struggling mostly cause the MXGP bike is different.

I found it interesting that Coop took off the brace on the frame last year and his results improved and Barcia put it back on last week and his results improved lol. Kids these days are never happy haha

|

6/18/2022 7:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2022 7:28 AM

ML512 wrote:

Tony said he was struggling mostly cause the MXGP bike is different.

I thought it also had something to do with the new bike, but regardless if it's true that Cooper is doing SX only from now on that's extremely disappointing. I never thought he would have been that kind of guy.

|

6/18/2022 7:30 AM

Motofinne wrote:

He'll do the same next year too. So no, that is not the main reason. He just wants to do SX only, this is something we will ...more

Sideways wrote:

its a shame because SX sucks in comparison to mx. SX is fun for a couple of races. After that its just the same and the ...more

One million percent yes

|

6/18/2022 7:34 AM

Cygrace74 wrote:

Idk why this is such a deal right now when he’s the 100th guy to do SX only? Where was all this hate for Brayton? Or Dungey? ...more

Dungey did sx only?

|

6/18/2022 7:39 AM

Cygrace74 wrote:

Idk why this is such a deal right now when he’s the 100th guy to do SX only? Where was all this hate for Brayton? Or Dungey? ...more

jjavaman wrote:

Dungey did sx only?

Do you not remember him racing SX and then bailing out of outdoors and retiring.

|

6/18/2022 8:14 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

If he's not injured he should be racing .

He raced last weekend.😂

|

It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

6/18/2022 9:05 AM

Good for Coop.

|

6/18/2022 9:07 AM

Good on Coop for putting his health and wife/child first. Would I like to see him racing this summer....absolutely.

Gotta love people judging him when they have no idea what it takes to run at the level these guys do year after year.

How many have we seen burn out because of the demands.

On another note, It's a bummer MX seems to be slowly dying off with top guys opting out. SX has become nothing more than aerial gymnastics....practiced to death all week long.

|

I may not be an insider but I have loved this sport since the 70's. 2-smokers forever!