Another one BITES the DUST!!!😥

captmoto
3/18/2021 10:55pm
LewDizzle wrote:
Not even close. Politicians and Land Developers killed another track. It wasn't the noise, the dust, the 4 strokes, the 2 strokes, etc. Welcome to the...
Not even close.

Politicians and Land Developers killed another track. It wasn't the noise, the dust, the 4 strokes, the 2 strokes, etc. Welcome to the spread of "Californication".

Just ask Washington, Idaho, Colorado, Montana, Texas, and a track near you....Arizona.
Californication? WTF. Land is too valuable anymore, anywhere. This is simple greed and politics.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/18/2021 11:15pm
yzf162 wrote:
Not even close has nothing to do woth noise.
msp332 wrote:
[i]"The Arizona State Land Department has decided that the facility and the noise it produces does not fit into their neighboring development plan and no further...
"The Arizona State Land Department has decided that the facility and the noise it produces does not fit into their neighboring development plan and no further negotiations will be had."

What am I missing?
There's nothing around the track that could legitimately complain about noise. That's just their reasoning to justify the move. Its about the land development in the area into housing.

Hopefully Jonah will buy Ocotillo and fix it up. Its just sitting idle. That's a cool, fun layout. Good dirt too.

Down to 3 tracks in AZ - Motoland, ACP, and Canyon. Crazy.....
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
3/18/2021 11:24pm
TbonesPop wrote:
There's nothing around the track that could legitimately complain about noise. That's just their reasoning to justify the move. Its about the land development in the...
There's nothing around the track that could legitimately complain about noise. That's just their reasoning to justify the move. Its about the land development in the area into housing.

Hopefully Jonah will buy Ocotillo and fix it up. Its just sitting idle. That's a cool, fun layout. Good dirt too.

You guys keep forgetting Mesquite MX and the oldest track in the state - Nomads!! Yea I know it's a shell of it's glorious past self, but it's still there.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/18/2021 11:25pm
LewDizzle wrote:
Not even close. Politicians and Land Developers killed another track. It wasn't the noise, the dust, the 4 strokes, the 2 strokes, etc. Welcome to the...
Not even close.

Politicians and Land Developers killed another track. It wasn't the noise, the dust, the 4 strokes, the 2 strokes, etc. Welcome to the spread of "Californication".

Just ask Washington, Idaho, Colorado, Montana, Texas, and a track near you....Arizona.
captmoto wrote:
Californication? WTF. Land is too valuable anymore, anywhere. This is simple greed and politics.
People are leaving CA in droves to come to AZ (among other states). Our housing is insane right now and people fleeing CA have cash for their homes. I sense a correction coming at some point. But this isn't investment homes driving up demand, its legitimate demand.

The Shop

TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/18/2021 11:27pm
TbonesPop wrote:
There's nothing around the track that could legitimately complain about noise. That's just their reasoning to justify the move. Its about the land development in the...

FGR01 wrote:
You guys keep forgetting Mesquite MX and the oldest track in the state - Nomads!! Yea I know it's a shell of it's glorious past self...
You guys keep forgetting Mesquite MX and the oldest track in the state - Nomads!! Yea I know it's a shell of it's glorious past self, but it's still there.
My bad, I'm an idiot for forgetting that track. My little brother lives in Mesquite, NV. I just slapped myself.
Arkmx
3/22/2021 10:42pm
Falcon wrote:
Is that the one out past Fountain Hills? I never got to ride there when I lived in Phx. It looked cool, though.
That was Grinding Stone I believe.
Yeti831
3/23/2021 12:19am
There’s a special place in hell for locals who shut down tracks to build more house, or move in near a track and complain about noise.

Those people deserve the worst and I hope it comes full circle.
RMT
3/23/2021 12:36am
LewDizzle wrote:
No surprise to me one bit. My neighbors just put their 3 bedroom, 1 bath 1968 rambler on the market last weekend. Asked $340k (which is...
No surprise to me one bit. My neighbors just put their 3 bedroom, 1 bath 1968 rambler on the market last weekend. Asked $340k (which is still too much). Bidding war insued. House was sold by Sunday for $520k - cash up front. Its nuts man. Feel bad for your sis, its a super-tough market out there now

Tracks cant compete with developers and the politicians alike. They are hand in hand and in each others pockets if ya know what I mean. Its like lining up a PeeWee racer vs. Stewart and seeing who wins. Though the noise, dust, etc certainly doesnt help our sport, thats not the real reason tracks are closing. They just use that excuse to put kindling onto a bonfire.

There are at least 2 locally owned golf courses that have recently shut down in my area that I know of. Golf isnt really known for noise and dust issues right? City and state politicians refused them water rights. Strong-armed them outta business only to sell the land to developers.......from....wait for it.....California.
Anything California really seems to trigger you doesn’t it?
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
3/23/2021 9:15am
Falcon wrote:
Is that the one out past Fountain Hills? I never got to ride there when I lived in Phx. It looked cool, though.
Arkmx wrote:
What is the moto scene like out in AZ overall. How are dealerships, how many good tracks and riding/racing?
c91x
3/23/2021 9:38am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2021 9:50am
Speedworld, Thrasherland, Grinding Stone, ET, and at least 3 more that I can think of. I hate to say it but its a dying sport here.
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
3/23/2021 9:38am
yzf162 wrote:
Not even close has nothing to do woth noise.
msp332 wrote:
[i]"The Arizona State Land Department has decided that the facility and the noise it produces does not fit into their neighboring development plan and no further...
"The Arizona State Land Department has decided that the facility and the noise it produces does not fit into their neighboring development plan and no further negotiations will be had."

What am I missing?
TbonesPop wrote:

If you call motoland a track. Yes I know we should be fortunate to have a track at all, but with the ammount of land that guy has down there I wish he would build it out a little bit. No slam on them, owner is super cool. Just wish he would push out a little bit.
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
3/23/2021 9:46am
Falcon wrote:
Arkmx wrote:
mx510 wrote:
What is the moto scene like out in AZ overall. How are dealerships, how many good tracks and riding/racing?
Dealerships are good for the most part. More corperate than Washington for sure. We are very Side by Side heavy compared to moto. Like the guy mentioned above we have three tracks, Motoland, ACP, and Canyon (around phoenix). I'd say we have pretty solid free riding/single track. If you go out and find the fun stuff you can ride some good trails. We have two Off road racing series, mostly GP style races. All three tracks have Saturday racing series. Plus we get a LL qualifier in the AZ Open. Worcs comes here to race. But don't move here please we are full.
Racer_336
3/23/2021 9:47am
All the more reason to move to NC or Florida. We are opening tracks, not closing them down.
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
3/23/2021 9:57am
skeef wrote:
Dealerships are good for the most part. More corperate than Washington for sure. We are very Side by Side heavy compared to moto. Like the guy...
Dealerships are good for the most part. More corperate than Washington for sure. We are very Side by Side heavy compared to moto. Like the guy mentioned above we have three tracks, Motoland, ACP, and Canyon (around phoenix). I'd say we have pretty solid free riding/single track. If you go out and find the fun stuff you can ride some good trails. We have two Off road racing series, mostly GP style races. All three tracks have Saturday racing series. Plus we get a LL qualifier in the AZ Open. Worcs comes here to race. But don't move here please we are full.
Hey bud, Southwest Gas is hiring, its not my fault lol. Dont worry if we do move I won't be bringing the Washington/Oregon/California Liberalism with me.
Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
3/23/2021 11:39am
I moved to AZ from CA with the military. The 6 years I was there, AZ grew like crazy and the housing market skyrocketed. I absolutely loved it and want to retire there, but unfortunately a lot of other people do too.

Never rode ET tho, seemed like their main focus was car racing at the time. Best of luck to those guys tho
wasummer46
3/23/2021 12:14pm
Racer_336 wrote:
All the more reason to move to NC or Florida. We are opening tracks, not closing them down.
I was going to type the same thing. NC and SC seem to add tracks annually, granted several over the years have closed, we are net positive overall.
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
3/23/2021 12:19pm
skeef wrote:
Dealerships are good for the most part. More corperate than Washington for sure. We are very Side by Side heavy compared to moto. Like the guy...
mx510 wrote:
Hey bud, Southwest Gas is hiring, its not my fault lol. Dont worry if we do move I won't be bringing the Washington/Oregon/California Liberalism with me.
I'm just f'kn with you. It really doesn't matter, it's already here for the most part. Housing market it a joke. Like I said before if it wasn't for work i'd gone in a heartbeat.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/23/2021 4:01pm
msp332 wrote:

What am I missing?
TbonesPop wrote:

skeef wrote:
If you call motoland a track. Yes I know we should be fortunate to have a track at all, but with the ammount of land that...
If you call motoland a track. Yes I know we should be fortunate to have a track at all, but with the ammount of land that guy has down there I wish he would build it out a little bit. No slam on them, owner is super cool. Just wish he would push out a little bit.
I hear ya. Mark is a great guy and a very good friend. I've asked him many times myself. I've even put some cash toward making track changes outside of normal riding fees. How cool would it be if he had a legit vet track like ACP? He really does have a lot to work with in terms of potential. Its just a $$ thing. Maybe with ET closing, the $$ will increase and make room for another track out there. Again, wish Ocotillo would open back up. Love that track. If you've never ridden it, its a lot like ET. Similar dirt and jumps.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/23/2021 4:05pm
c91x wrote:
Speedworld, Thrasherland, Grinding Stone, ET, and at least 3 more that I can think of. I hate to say it but its a dying sport here.
Moto Grande, Firebird, Ocotillo, and MC (Tucson) all closed in the last 10 years. There's another track out in Maricopa that opens up certain times of the year. There's also a private track in Florence that's cool, but its private invite only.

Post a reply to: Another one BITES the DUST!!!😥

The Latest