Another mistake by WADA

yz133rider
7/2/2021 10:19am
ama530 wrote:
I put this in the same manner as my employer. They have rules. You break them, you are out regardless of any personal situation. We get...
I put this in the same manner as my employer. They have rules. You break them, you are out regardless of any personal situation. We get tested randomly for illegal drugs and booze. You go positive for any, you are gone regardless of whether or not your state government says its legal for you to be a stoner. I am an office dwelling engineer and still get tested on a regular basis. No compassion from this guy. They knew the rules and walked that fine line.
Dirtydeeds wrote:
I don’t drink anymore so I don’t really care but, your job test you guys for booze?
Mine does. Random tests and after any accidents/or suspected use. Drugs and alcohol.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
7/2/2021 10:21am
WADA = Wankers And Dumb Asses
WADA.....Worthless Authority Destroying Athletes
sandtrack315
7/2/2021 10:23am
jjavaman wrote:
Perhaps weed is legal in her state? What happens if you fail a pot test at work and pot is legal in your state? Do you...
Perhaps weed is legal in her state? What happens if you fail a pot test at work and pot is legal in your state? Do you lose your job?
Weed is legal in her state.

I am not saying it was not a mistake on her part. That's not up for debate. I am saying it's a dumb rule that WADA should change.

I get testing employees who work heavy machinery for weed/alcohol, the problem is you can test positive for weed up to a week after. We need tests that measure if you're actively high, similar to blood alcohol levels.
ama530
7/2/2021 10:25am
ama530 wrote:
I put this in the same manner as my employer. They have rules. You break them, you are out regardless of any personal situation. We get...
I put this in the same manner as my employer. They have rules. You break them, you are out regardless of any personal situation. We get tested randomly for illegal drugs and booze. You go positive for any, you are gone regardless of whether or not your state government says its legal for you to be a stoner. I am an office dwelling engineer and still get tested on a regular basis. No compassion from this guy. They knew the rules and walked that fine line.
Dirtydeeds wrote:
I don’t drink anymore so I don’t really care but, your job test you guys for booze?
Yup. That is their policy and they stick to it. I work for a HVAC company and we can't have anyone lit up on the job. Huge liability on site and that just transfers to the office. I think it is actually really good. "Weeds" out all the rif-raf and you get good employees. The last thing you want is Foster Brooks or Cheech & Chong at your job everyday.

The Shop

mxb2
7/2/2021 10:27am
Motoxdoc wrote:
I suppose at 21 y/o you could consider a few years dedicated to making the Olympics a life time effort. However, to not have sympathy is...
I suppose at 21 y/o you could consider a few years dedicated to making the Olympics a life time effort. However, to not have sympathy is definitely unempathetic. I wonder how many of you, who lack empathy for this girl, drink alcohol....everyday. I guess I'll count the downvotes for that. lol

To answer someone else's post....The mistake by WADA is to have this rule in the first place.
Wildeye511 wrote:
Please stop enabling. This is the problem with our country, we like to let everyone have an excuse for not doing what they are supposed to...
Please stop enabling. This is the problem with our country, we like to let everyone have an excuse for not doing what they are supposed to do. I do feel bad for her that her mother died, but that is still not an excuse to smoke weed when you are not supposed to. I do drink, but definitely not everyday and it is LEGAL to drink so why should I not? Its also legal to smoke weed in my state, but my job DOES NOT allow it, so I DONT DO IT.

I do agree since a lot of states have allowed weed to be legal that WADA should change their rules, but since they have not, you gotta play by the rules.
jjavaman wrote:
Perhaps weed is legal in her state? What happens if you fail a pot test at work and pot is legal in your state? Do you...
Perhaps weed is legal in her state? What happens if you fail a pot test at work and pot is legal in your state? Do you lose your job?
Make a decision ,have a job. Or smoke weed. Whatever pays the bills.
fourfourone
7/2/2021 10:37am
some of the old timers in here making it sound like smoking weed is almost as bad a murder.

Judge the potheads while you sip away your alcohol.
bents
Fantasy
909th
7/2/2021 10:44am
The amount of drug education National Team athletes get from their National Sport Bodies (save Russia of course..) makes it literally impossible to not know what you can eat and not eat, take or not take, drink or not drink, and smoke and not smoke. Weed has been on the banned list because it has been used to mask detection of the real drugs. A performance enhancer? Uhhh, I thinks not. So ultimately and unfortunately she made a choice that cost her going to the Olympics 2 weeks before it starts. Terrible, but everyone has these rules beat into them at the top level. And not one shit is given about a personal issue. Clean? Good to go. Get caught with a banned substance? Do not pass go and do not collect your 200.00 and we will see you again in 2-4 years.
EastFlorida
7/2/2021 10:48am
kijen wrote:
Athlete made the mistake, life time effort to get to the Olympics and cant stay off the weed for a few months, no sympathy. We all...
Athlete made the mistake, life time effort to get to the Olympics and cant stay off the weed for a few months, no sympathy. We all have choices.
An unpopular position - but I agree. Get ready for the flame throwers!
7/2/2021 10:51am
ama530 wrote:
Dirtydeeds wrote:
ama530 wrote:
Yup. That is their policy and they stick to it. I work for a HVAC company and we can't have anyone lit up on the job...
Yup. That is their policy and they stick to it. I work for a HVAC company and we can't have anyone lit up on the job. Huge liability on site and that just transfers to the office. I think it is actually really good. "Weeds" out all the rif-raf and you get good employees. The last thing you want is Foster Brooks or Cheech & Chong at your job everyday.
Also "weeds" out perfectly functional employees that opt to consume THC instead of alcohol to relax at the end of the day.
ama530
7/2/2021 10:51am
some of the old timers in here making it sound like smoking weed is almost as bad a murder. Judge the potheads while you sip away...
some of the old timers in here making it sound like smoking weed is almost as bad a murder.

Judge the potheads while you sip away your alcohol.
Don't drink. So that stereotype doesn't stick.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
7/2/2021 10:52am
ama530 wrote:
Dirtydeeds wrote:
ama530 wrote:
Yup. That is their policy and they stick to it. I work for a HVAC company and we can't have anyone lit up on the job...
I understand the weed thing and I understand no drinking on the job but, if you have a couple beers with dinner and piss dirty the next day that’s pretty lame.
Creiz
7/2/2021 10:53am
Wow, lots of petty people in here, I guess...
Johnny Depp
7/2/2021 10:53am
Let's be real for a minute. Drug testing isn't stopping anything anywhere. Ask Lance.
ama530
7/2/2021 10:59am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
ama530 wrote:
Also "weeds" out perfectly functional employees that opt to consume THC instead of alcohol to relax at the end of the day.
Most of the 'perfectly functional" employees are home sitting on their a$$ collecting off the government and happy getting stoned every day. The Great American Way for 2021.
Wildeye511
7/2/2021 11:03am
jjavaman wrote:
From what I read it is legal in her state, but as an athlete it is NOT legal. Like someone else posted, these athletes know what they can and cannot use when it comes to drugs. I know I will lose my job if I test positive for weed, even though it is legal in Nevada. Its all about choices. I get the rule is stupid, but until its changed, they have to follow it if they want to compete.
kijen
7/2/2021 11:10am
kijen wrote:
Athlete made the mistake, life time effort to get to the Olympics and cant stay off the weed for a few months, no sympathy. We all...
Athlete made the mistake, life time effort to get to the Olympics and cant stay off the weed for a few months, no sympathy. We all have choices.
B Lenny wrote:
What about Micheal Phelps?...Dry
Did he pop during competition, i dont know. Dont care who gets high, heck i want to, but if the job or sport prohibits getting high, then wait till after the event, hell i sure would to celebrate AFTER the event. maybe it is common sense to not put yourself at risk, but if gettin stoned is more important than the Olympics, than go for it, but to blame an organization is an excuse for the weak.

Happy 4th, america free to suceed or fail, it is a choice and opportunity for either.
Mr. Afterbar
7/2/2021 11:11am
kijen wrote:
B Lenny wrote:
Phelps didn't fail a drug test as far as I'm aware.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
7/2/2021 11:14am
I don't think it's inconsistent to both hold the athlete accountable for breaking the known rules, and have sympathy for the impact because the consequence is so high.
Change the rules, then abide by them.
Hopefully MX will be able to renegotiate anti-doping to meaningful but not career ending penalties.
7/2/2021 11:17am
jjavaman wrote:
Yes you can.
kijen
7/2/2021 11:19am
kijen wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:
I suppose at 21 y/o you could consider a few years dedicated to making the Olympics a life time effort. However, to not have sympathy is...
I suppose at 21 y/o you could consider a few years dedicated to making the Olympics a life time effort. However, to not have sympathy is definitely unempathetic. I wonder how many of you, who lack empathy for this girl, drink alcohol....everyday. I guess I'll count the downvotes for that. lol

To answer someone else's post....The mistake by WADA is to have this rule in the first place.
I joined the navy at 19, drug policy was zero tolerance, i figured it out, and im not that smart. Is alcohol on the banned list. it is not determining if weed or alcohol should or should not be on the list. Today weed is on the banned list, so to play, follow the rules, or deal with the consequnces,. Zero sympathy.
kijen
7/2/2021 11:24am
KurtJ99 wrote:
I don't think it's inconsistent to both hold the athlete accountable for breaking the known rules, and have sympathy for the impact because the consequence is...
I don't think it's inconsistent to both hold the athlete accountable for breaking the known rules, and have sympathy for the impact because the consequence is so high.
Change the rules, then abide by them.
Hopefully MX will be able to renegotiate anti-doping to meaningful but not career ending penalties.
Sure, everyone can have diffetent views, but th OP claims WADA made a mistake? Did they?
agn5008
Fantasy
256th
7/2/2021 11:26am
Motoxdoc wrote:

Wildeye511 wrote:
Please stop enabling. This is the problem with our country, we like to let everyone have an excuse for not doing what they are supposed to...
Please stop enabling. This is the problem with our country, we like to let everyone have an excuse for not doing what they are supposed to do. I do feel bad for her that her mother died, but that is still not an excuse to smoke weed when you are not supposed to. I do drink, but definitely not everyday and it is LEGAL to drink so why should I not? Its also legal to smoke weed in my state, but my job DOES NOT allow it, so I DONT DO IT.

I do agree since a lot of states have allowed weed to be legal that WADA should change their rules, but since they have not, you gotta play by the rules.
jjavaman wrote:
You can. Employers are free to test for weed. I think most of us agree that it’s nonsense and should be legal federally but it’s not. The last thing an employer wants is one of their employees injuring themself or someone else and the employee tests hot for weed. It’s an insurance nightmare.
agn5008
Fantasy
256th
7/2/2021 11:27am
kijen wrote:
B Lenny wrote:
Phelps didn't fail a drug test as far as I'm aware.
He’s race baiting. Ignore him and he’ll go away.
7/2/2021 11:27am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2021 11:29am
ama530 wrote:
ama530 wrote:
Most of the 'perfectly functional" employees are home sitting on their a$$ collecting off the government and happy getting stoned every day. The Great American Way...
Most of the 'perfectly functional" employees are home sitting on their a$$ collecting off the government and happy getting stoned every day. The Great American Way for 2021.
I like how you pulled the very specific figure of "most" completely out of your ass to try to make a point.

There are people who consume THC responsibly after work hours. There are also people that live off unemployment to get drunk all day. My point stands.
GabeM
7/2/2021 11:28am
jjavaman wrote:
Weed is legal in her state. I am not saying it was not a mistake on her part. That's not up for debate. I am saying...

I am not saying it was not a mistake on her part. That's not up for debate. I am saying it's a dumb rule that WADA should change.

I get testing employees who work heavy machinery for weed/alcohol, the problem is you can test positive for weed up to a week after. We need tests that measure if you're actively high, similar to blood alcohol levels.
Weed shouldn't be illegal but it is in most places for a variety of reasons. It is against the rules only because the powers that be determined it was. Powers that be make rules and the participants can chose to follow them and participate in the event the ptb created or they can do something else.

The problem with MX is we were essentially outside the powers that be un til they decided to submit themselves to them, for whatever reason they chose to. It was a lose/lose situation because we couldn't manage it Exact same deal as the "crowd control ruined the party" if the riders/industry had policed themselves we wouldn't have needed WADA.
GabeM
7/2/2021 11:29am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2021 11:30am
ama530 wrote:
Most of the 'perfectly functional" employees are home sitting on their a$$ collecting off the government and happy getting stoned every day. The Great American Way...
I like how you pulled the very specific figure of "most" completely out of your ass to try to make a point. There are people who...
I like how you pulled the very specific figure of "most" completely out of your ass to try to make a point.

There are people who consume THC responsibly after work hours. There are also people that live off unemployment to get drunk all day. My point stands.
There are also millions that use/d it to help eleviate the effects of cancer and the ill effects of chemo "medicine"
mxb2
7/2/2021 11:38am
kijen wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:

kijen wrote:
I joined the navy at 19, drug policy was zero tolerance, i figured it out, and im not that smart. Is alcohol on the banned list...
I joined the navy at 19, drug policy was zero tolerance, i figured it out, and im not that smart. Is alcohol on the banned list. it is not determining if weed or alcohol should or should not be on the list. Today weed is on the banned list, so to play, follow the rules, or deal with the consequnces,. Zero sympathy.
Common sense, dont like the rules. Dont play the game or work at a place that drug tests. No need to change the rules because some people dont follow the guidelines. Pretty sure every employee, athlete is aware of the guidelines.
kijen
7/2/2021 11:48am
jjavaman wrote:
Weed is legal in her state. I am not saying it was not a mistake on her part. That's not up for debate. I am saying...

GabeM wrote:
Weed shouldn't be illegal but it is in most places for a variety of reasons. It is against the rules only because the powers that be...
Weed shouldn't be illegal but it is in most places for a variety of reasons. It is against the rules only because the powers that be determined it was. Powers that be make rules and the participants can chose to follow them and participate in the event the ptb created or they can do something else.

The problem with MX is we were essentially outside the powers that be un til they decided to submit themselves to them, for whatever reason they chose to. It was a lose/lose situation because we couldn't manage it Exact same deal as the "crowd control ruined the party" if the riders/industry had policed themselves we wouldn't have needed WADA.
The focus on weed in the navy came after an increase of crashes and the pilots were high, also more industrial type accidents on ships. Are you good with your commwrical pilot being high or school bus driver with your kid?
EngIceDave
7/2/2021 11:48am
Federally, weed is still illegal.

Internationally, weed is illegal (for the most part)

Weed/THC is on the banned list

If you're training for the Olympics, lay off the weed.
DonM
7/2/2021 11:49am
I love how some are using the argument that it's legal in her state....so the airline pilot from CO can test positive and it's ok while the pilot from FL loses his job...rules are there it's the responsibility of the athlete to know those rules and abide by them if they don't the consequences are very clearly stated....

Post a reply to: Another mistake by WADA

The Latest