Another mistake by WADA

sandtrack315
Edited Date/Time 7/4/2021 5:41am
On top of taking JS7 away from us during his prime...why is WADA penalizing athletes for a recreational drug that is legal in many states?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/01/sports/olympics/shacarri-richardson-…

I feel like they love to "catch" athletes, because it makes it seem like they are effective, but we all know they are not preventing PEDs from being prevalent in too many sports.
|
TeamGreen
7/2/2021 8:18am
This is insanity. Where the WADA suspension for alcohol? Grinning
jbonemalone
7/2/2021 8:19am
It’s not a mistake if they tested positive for a substance that’s not legal.
Legal in locations under numerous circumstances but it’s still against the rules of the game. Dumb or not it’s not legal and the athletes know that.
sandtrack315
7/2/2021 8:23am
It’s not a mistake if they tested positive for a substance that’s not legal. Legal in locations under numerous circumstances but it’s still against the rules...
It’s not a mistake if they tested positive for a substance that’s not legal.
Legal in locations under numerous circumstances but it’s still against the rules of the game. Dumb or not it’s not legal and the athletes know that.
Time to change the rules, we ain't Saudi Arabia.

The Shop

Camp332
7/2/2021 8:36am
Bro, these fuckers need to eat multiple salty bags of dicks and nuts!
kijen
7/2/2021 8:43am
Athlete made the mistake, life time effort to get to the Olympics and cant stay off the weed for a few months, no sympathy. We all have choices.
mister2dt
7/2/2021 8:44am
Big difference in being legal in several states and still being completely illegal under federal law.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
7/2/2021 8:48am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2021 8:48am
Camp332 wrote:
Bro, these fuckers need to eat multiple salty bags of dicks and nuts!
Or salty bags of 100mg THC chocolate dicks

Side note, willing to bet theres a few employees at WADA who would piss dirty too
7/2/2021 8:50am
On top of taking JS7 away from us during his prime...why is WADA penalizing athletes for a recreational drug that is legal in many states? https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/01/sports/olympics/shacarri-richardson-suspended-marijuana.html...
On top of taking JS7 away from us during his prime...why is WADA penalizing athletes for a recreational drug that is legal in many states?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/01/sports/olympics/shacarri-richardson-…

I feel like they love to "catch" athletes, because it makes it seem like they are effective, but we all know they are not preventing PEDs from being prevalent in too many sports.
All LSU athletes suck at passing drug test.
DonM
7/2/2021 8:57am
This has nothing to do with WADA and 100% to an athlete just being plain stupid...
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
7/2/2021 8:59am
Help me out here, how was this a "mistake" by WADA?
sandtrack315
7/2/2021 9:00am
DonM wrote:
This has nothing to do with WADA and 100% to an athlete just being plain stupid...
Her mother died and she smoked some weed to relax. That should not disqualify you from the Olympics. WADA needs to change their rules.
B Lenny
7/2/2021 9:01am
kijen wrote:
Athlete made the mistake, life time effort to get to the Olympics and cant stay off the weed for a few months, no sympathy. We all...
Athlete made the mistake, life time effort to get to the Olympics and cant stay off the weed for a few months, no sympathy. We all have choices.
What about Micheal Phelps?...Dry
yz133rider
7/2/2021 9:01am
DonM wrote:
Her mother died and she smoked some weed to relax. That should not disqualify you from the Olympics. WADA needs to change their rules.
It’s against the rules. She broke the rules.
Johnny Depp
7/2/2021 9:03am
More importantly would be some hormone tests to keep the men out of the women's competition. How come women never try to enter the men's competition?

OK non moto.
DonM
7/2/2021 9:04am
DonM wrote:
When my mom died I didn't feel the urge to get high....Again stupid athlete
7/2/2021 9:05am
DonM wrote:
Agreed. Ya gots to know the rules of the game yer playin. I would be crushed if I was in her support group that helped her get to the Olympic trials. No elite athlete gets there alone. We all know this from seeing the support teams around our favorite riders. I have no opinion on people making a personal choice, but that was short sighted.
Motoxdoc
7/2/2021 9:40am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2021 9:48am
kijen wrote:
Athlete made the mistake, life time effort to get to the Olympics and cant stay off the weed for a few months, no sympathy. We all...
I suppose at 21 y/o you could consider a few years dedicated to making the Olympics a life time effort. However, to not have sympathy is definitely unempathetic. I wonder how many of you, who lack empathy for this girl, drink alcohol....everyday. I guess I'll count the downvotes for that. lol

To answer someone else's post....The mistake by WADA is to have this rule in the first place.
toroP
7/2/2021 9:50am
More importantly would be some hormone tests to keep the men out of the women's competition. How come women never try to enter the men's competition...
More importantly would be some hormone tests to keep the men out of the women's competition. How come women never try to enter the men's competition?

OK non moto.
Here’s a thought though. Where will they set the testosterone cap? And what happens when a biological female exceeds the cap?
fourfourone
7/2/2021 9:51am
When I light up the jazz cabbage, that last thing I want to do is go for a run.
fourfourone
7/2/2021 9:53am
Don't worry.... Next Olympics you can be a man, cut your weiner off and then play woman's sports.
Johnny Depp
7/2/2021 9:58am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2021 10:02am
More importantly would be some hormone tests to keep the men out of the women's competition. How come women never try to enter the men's competition...

OK non moto.
toroP wrote:
Here’s a thought though. Where will they set the testosterone cap? And what happens when a biological female exceeds the cap?
They have ways to stop nature, and they end up short (5'1"). Hormones is too easy to tamper with, most likely a physical would be required, "cough please".

Shoulders and adam's apple tell you enough.

Either way that's a multi million dollar mistake.
Wildeye511
7/2/2021 10:01am
kijen wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:
I suppose at 21 y/o you could consider a few years dedicated to making the Olympics a life time effort. However, to not have sympathy is...
I suppose at 21 y/o you could consider a few years dedicated to making the Olympics a life time effort. However, to not have sympathy is definitely unempathetic. I wonder how many of you, who lack empathy for this girl, drink alcohol....everyday. I guess I'll count the downvotes for that. lol

To answer someone else's post....The mistake by WADA is to have this rule in the first place.
Please stop enabling. This is the problem with our country, we like to let everyone have an excuse for not doing what they are supposed to do. I do feel bad for her that her mother died, but that is still not an excuse to smoke weed when you are not supposed to. I do drink, but definitely not everyday and it is LEGAL to drink so why should I not? Its also legal to smoke weed in my state, but my job DOES NOT allow it, so I DONT DO IT.

I do agree since a lot of states have allowed weed to be legal that WADA should change their rules, but since they have not, you gotta play by the rules.
ama530
7/2/2021 10:08am
I put this in the same manner as my employer. They have rules. You break them, you are out regardless of any personal situation. We get tested randomly for illegal drugs and booze. You go positive for any, you are gone regardless of whether or not your state government says its legal for you to be a stoner. I am an office dwelling engineer and still get tested on a regular basis. No compassion from this guy. They knew the rules and walked that fine line.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
7/2/2021 10:14am
ama530 wrote:
I put this in the same manner as my employer. They have rules. You break them, you are out regardless of any personal situation. We get...
I put this in the same manner as my employer. They have rules. You break them, you are out regardless of any personal situation. We get tested randomly for illegal drugs and booze. You go positive for any, you are gone regardless of whether or not your state government says its legal for you to be a stoner. I am an office dwelling engineer and still get tested on a regular basis. No compassion from this guy. They knew the rules and walked that fine line.
I don’t drink anymore so I don’t really care but, your job test you guys for booze?
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
7/2/2021 10:14am
kijen wrote:
Motoxdoc wrote:
I suppose at 21 y/o you could consider a few years dedicated to making the Olympics a life time effort. However, to not have sympathy is...

Wildeye511 wrote:
Please stop enabling. This is the problem with our country, we like to let everyone have an excuse for not doing what they are supposed to...
Please stop enabling. This is the problem with our country, we like to let everyone have an excuse for not doing what they are supposed to do. I do feel bad for her that her mother died, but that is still not an excuse to smoke weed when you are not supposed to. I do drink, but definitely not everyday and it is LEGAL to drink so why should I not? Its also legal to smoke weed in my state, but my job DOES NOT allow it, so I DONT DO IT.

I do agree since a lot of states have allowed weed to be legal that WADA should change their rules, but since they have not, you gotta play by the rules.
Perhaps weed is legal in her state? What happens if you fail a pot test at work and pot is legal in your state? Do you lose your job?
fourfourone
7/2/2021 10:18am
ama530 wrote:
I put this in the same manner as my employer. They have rules. You break them, you are out regardless of any personal situation. We get...
That's pretty wild to get constant drug tests for an office job. What do you engineer?

Post a reply to: Another mistake by WADA

The Latest