Another future runaway???

Brett_Clark
1/29/2022 12:36pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2022 5:32pm

I don't understand how this is prepping anyone for sx.some of These guys are way off on the times and honestly probably shouldn't be out there. Are they just using them as gate fillers?
|
RonSkj
1/29/2022 12:38pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2022 12:41pm
Dam, 6 seconds a lap between 1st & 3rd & then another 8 second between 3rd & 7th. Should be an exciting race

Brett_Clark
1/29/2022 12:40pm
RonSkj wrote:
Dam, 6 seconds a lap between 1st & 3rd & then another 8 second between 3rd & 7th. Should be an exciting race

Exactly and it just gets huge after 3rd.
aeffertz
1/29/2022 12:51pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/01/29/531080/s1200_20220129_152810.jpg[/img] I don't understand how this is prepping anyone for sx.some of These guys are way off on the times and honestly probably shouldn't be out...

I don't understand how this is prepping anyone for sx.some of These guys are way off on the times and honestly probably shouldn't be out there. Are they just using them as gate fillers?
The program is good, can’t force anybody to race it though. I guess they’ll all just race ‘em when it’s time. Ryder and his camp are smart. Not only is it great practice but it’s a huge spotlight that no one else is sharing.
wicksy85
1/29/2022 3:00pm
Don't sleep on Westy........

The Shop

1/29/2022 5:08pm
Ehh Ryder d is fast so any he shows up to will be a run away.

Also not sure how you don’t think these helps these guys get ready. That’s a little bit of a head scratcher.
Dirt.Squirt
1/29/2022 6:00pm
I think it’s pretty ridiculous how so many of the top amateur guys aren’t even racing it. Or am I way off here?
bigk218
1/29/2022 6:42pm
Ehh Ryder d is fast so any he shows up to will be a run away. Also not sure how you don’t think these helps these...

Also not sure how you don’t think these helps these guys get ready. That’s a little bit of a head scratcher.
It’s all about perspective. They are just trying to demonstrate that it’s so easy that amateur riders do the same lines and rhythms that the tomacs and Webb’s of the sport can do. Basically there’s no difference between the futures and pros.
Brett_Clark
1/29/2022 6:42pm
Ehh Ryder d is fast so any he shows up to will be a run away. Also not sure how you don’t think these helps these...

Pretty simple really. 95% of the class is not ready for a SX track. They qualified through by riding mostly MX tracks. Rider D can ride at the kawi track any time he wants. It's a pretty unfair advantage when most sx practice tracks require a pro license to ride. I'm guessing most these kids are hitting a pro level sx track for the first time at the actual race.
yak651
1/29/2022 6:59pm

Pretty simple really. 95% of the class is not ready for a SX track. They qualified through by riding mostly MX tracks. Rider D can ride...
Pretty simple really. 95% of the class is not ready for a SX track. They qualified through by riding mostly MX tracks. Rider D can ride at the kawi track any time he wants. It's a pretty unfair advantage when most sx practice tracks require a pro license to ride. I'm guessing most these kids are hitting a pro level sx track for the first time at the actual race.
Well if the factories are paying these AM kids big money they should be at these races. If not pull that support and give it to privateers trying to make a living at this.
1/29/2022 7:16pm
I enjoyed watching the futures race. How does racing on a supercross track at Anaheim not prepare you for SX?
moto162
1/29/2022 7:45pm
I liked it. Now watch for those names next year and see if some of them improve. See if there time is close to making the night show.
mx313
1/29/2022 7:50pm
I think it’s pretty ridiculous how so many of the top amateur guys aren’t even racing it. Or am I way off here?
A bit off the mark.
These are just qualifiers for the final at salt lake.
They only need to race 1 and get in the top few positions to make the final.
Also these races they had to qualify for early.
If u live in Florida you goto Arizona to qualify for an oakland race. To qualify for a salt lake city final.
That's why Ryder d was here. And u will see others like chance hymas and some star guys when the east coast is on
1/29/2022 8:05pm
Well there's Ryder D who's a professional rider and a bunch of actual amateurs.
Ryder has a factory bike with factory suspension, access to the factory tracks, trainers, coaches etc etc.

Essentially he's a quarterback signed by the NY Giants with all their facilities but only plays High School ball.

What do you expect?

Dirt.Squirt
1/29/2022 8:48pm
mx313 wrote:
A bit off the mark. These are just qualifiers for the final at salt lake. They only need to race 1 and get in the top...
A bit off the mark.
These are just qualifiers for the final at salt lake.
They only need to race 1 and get in the top few positions to make the final.
Also these races they had to qualify for early.
If u live in Florida you goto Arizona to qualify for an oakland race. To qualify for a salt lake city final.
That's why Ryder d was here. And u will see others like chance hymas and some star guys when the east coast is on
Ahhh makes sense. I would think they would want to race as many as possible though…I think a few of the guys I was thinking of are still B also. I don’t follow the amateur stuff super closely so excuse me if I sound like a twit
1/30/2022 12:28pm
109 wrote:
Well there's Ryder D who's a professional rider and a bunch of actual amateurs. Ryder has a factory bike with factory suspension, access to the factory...
Ryder has a factory bike with factory suspension, access to the factory tracks, trainers, coaches etc etc.

Essentially he's a quarterback signed by the NY Giants with all their facilities but only plays High School ball.

What do you expect?

No one on a 250 has "factory suspension". I don't know what the rules are for futures but for the 250 class you can't have any suspension that's not sold to the public. Everything on Ryder's bike can be bought at Pro Circuit.
avidchimp
1/30/2022 7:03pm
My nephew Luke Kalaitzian has only been riding on a SX track for two months and was a solid second (on a bike with just a pipe, ecu, and some basic SX suspension) until he bobbled in the whoops and Towers got by him. Pulled off a podium. So proud of that kid.

Can't wait to see what a year of time with Casey Johnson does for him.
8tensolutions
1/30/2022 8:30pm
109 wrote:
Well there's Ryder D who's a professional rider and a bunch of actual amateurs. Ryder has a factory bike with factory suspension, access to the factory...

What do you expect?

No one on a 250 has "factory suspension". I don't know what the rules are for futures but for the 250 class you can't have any...
No one on a 250 has "factory suspension". I don't know what the rules are for futures but for the 250 class you can't have any suspension that's not sold to the public. Everything on Ryder's bike can be bought at Pro Circuit.
Maybe.....if you can afford it. They are far more than just your normal A kit.

Pit Row

mx313
1/31/2022 1:52am
109 wrote:

What do you expect?

No one on a 250 has "factory suspension". I don't know what the rules are for futures but for the 250 class you can't have any...
Nah. Pro privateer 250 riders prob get them cheaper then your normal a kit
Ama have a maximum price rule for suspension in the 250 class . It's something like 5500 for forks and 2000 for the shock. In a lot of cases it's actually cheaper then a-kit price.
If a pro privateer wants a pc set up or Enzo or fc. Then they have to sell it to them at the ama maximum price.
MKMX
1/31/2022 2:07am
mx313 wrote:
Nah. Pro privateer 250 riders prob get them cheaper then your normal a kit Ama have a maximum price rule for suspension in the 250 class...
Nah. Pro privateer 250 riders prob get them cheaper then your normal a kit
Ama have a maximum price rule for suspension in the 250 class . It's something like 5500 for forks and 2000 for the shock. In a lot of cases it's actually cheaper then a-kit price.
If a pro privateer wants a pc set up or Enzo or fc. Then they have to sell it to them at the ama maximum price.
Component wise, they’re probably not far from off the shelf A-kit pro circuit sells, where they would be vastly different would be all the hours of R&D and development for each individual rider.
Mucktub
1/31/2022 4:47am
Luis Macias in 8th, is that the 1st time a TM has actually been on an official SX track in the US.
bens152
1/31/2022 5:33am
Where is the rest of the ‘factory’ amateur kids? Shouldn’t they all be out there gaining experience.
1/31/2022 9:07am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2022 9:08am
109 wrote:

What do you expect?

Isn't this what's on Ryder D's bike? Expensive yes but you're still able to purchase it. I've seen other privateers running it.

https://www.procircuit.com/works-suspension.html
1/31/2022 9:10am
Isn't this what's on Ryder D's bike? Expensive yes but you're still able to purchase it. I've seen other privateers running it.

I wanted to buy it for my bike because I have an unhealthy obsession with kit suspension. I figured it would be about the same price as WP or KYB, but boy was I wrong. 12K plus shipping.
8tensolutions
1/31/2022 9:11am

It appears to be, but if you think the internals are all exactly the same from these factory Teams, I would suggest thats a massive mistake. It is well known the 250 class may as well be a factory class and good luck if you are a privateer being in the same zip code. That's another reason it is comical that its a regional class, yet gets exactly the same TV coverage and a normal fan would never know it is a "lesser" class.
JBlain619
1/31/2022 9:13am

Yes. He doesn't have the "race spec" bike contrary to popular opinion.
1/31/2022 9:22am

It appears to be, but if you think the internals are all exactly the same from these factory Teams, I would suggest thats a massive mistake...
It appears to be, but if you think the internals are all exactly the same from these factory Teams, I would suggest thats a massive mistake. It is well known the 250 class may as well be a factory class and good luck if you are a privateer being in the same zip code. That's another reason it is comical that its a regional class, yet gets exactly the same TV coverage and a normal fan would never know it is a "lesser" class.
True. They should run the 250 as one coast and see how it goes. These guys are professionals
1/31/2022 9:22am

I wanted to buy it for my bike because I have an unhealthy obsession with kit suspension. I figured it would be about the same price...
I wanted to buy it for my bike because I have an unhealthy obsession with kit suspension. I figured it would be about the same price as WP or KYB, but boy was I wrong. 12K plus shipping.
Sheeesh
philG
1/31/2022 10:45am
I think i could have got round in under 2 mins in my van.

Post a reply to: Another future runaway???

The Latest

The Latest