Another forum to talk about how terrible RDL is

SFellure33
Why am I watching four guys give "grades" to the rider that switched teams WHEN THERE ARE BIKES ON THE TRACK???

Dear God, fire EVERYONE that works for the broadcast. Start over. This is terrible. It is so unacceptable.
|
chad_111
1/29/2022 3:18pm
Don't they know that only commited fans watch race day live, show us what we're tuning in for, we dont need this other bullshit.
Badd127
Fantasy
2195th
1/29/2022 3:19pm
It's midnight here in Sweden, I have a 15hr work day tomorrow, and iv chosen to stay up late to listen to this bullishit while there are bikes on the track.
Then show 30secs of group C, then go to an ad! That was 20mins of absolute shit!
mxracer828
1/29/2022 4:59pm
Who is this black guy and this
New older guy doing rdl? Are they relevant in our sport or just stupid YouTubers or tixktockers? Osborn and nichols are good because they actually give insight of the riders and tracks. I don’t give a shit about giving riders grades…do that shit before or after qualifying.

The Shop

KONG
1/29/2022 6:29pm
Badd127 wrote:
It's midnight here in Sweden, I have a 15hr work day tomorrow, and iv chosen to stay up late to listen to this bullishit while there...
It's midnight here in Sweden, I have a 15hr work day tomorrow, and iv chosen to stay up late to listen to this bullishit while there are bikes on the track.
Then show 30secs of group C, then go to an ad! That was 20mins of absolute shit!
Woah. There actually are people willing to watch C practice?
Laughing
SFellure33
1/29/2022 6:40pm
At this point I would be happy if they just showed the bikes with no announcers for the 3-4 hours that practice is running. Just bikes and bike noise....
bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
1/29/2022 6:56pm
Yep. Again, I’d rather watch the stream of the track from the security cam.
basslips
Fantasy
2143rd
1/29/2022 10:31pm
I gave up watching after round 2. A couple years ago coverage was really good and it really helped picking fantasy teams being able to see who was figuring out the track. RIP Uncle Jim and what once was a great way to spend a Saturday.
tobz
1/29/2022 10:39pm
SFellure33 wrote:
Why am I watching four guys give "grades" to the rider that switched teams WHEN THERE ARE BIKES ON THE TRACK??? Dear God, fire EVERYONE that...
Why am I watching four guys give "grades" to the rider that switched teams WHEN THERE ARE BIKES ON THE TRACK???

Dear God, fire EVERYONE that works for the broadcast. Start over. This is terrible. It is so unacceptable.
*thread
1/29/2022 10:56pm
Yea RDL sucks, I just watch the A practices on mute. The content is garbage and I won't even start on Blair. Definitely time for a hard reset.
jeffro503
1/29/2022 11:20pm
I never bitch about this shit. But today got on my nerves. They had some commercial playing that took up the first 3 minutes of the 250 A qualifying.

They showed everything in B and C.....but run a damn commercial during A ?

I PAID for this so I could watch qualifying. Instead , it looks like I paid for commercials.

As of right now , I am not paying for this next year. I already have it on my TV subscription. Why pay for this RDL commercial / bullshit segment / additional cost program? Losing me as a core fan.
jeffro503
1/29/2022 11:23pm
Badd127 wrote:
It's midnight here in Sweden, I have a 15hr work day tomorrow, and iv chosen to stay up late to listen to this bullishit while there...
KONG wrote:
Woah. There actually are people willing to watch C practice?
Laughing
I watch all of it. That's why I paid for it!
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
1/29/2022 11:24pm
I'll say it again. They let Holley go because COVID fund cutting...
How much are they paying this new hack team? It's gotta be more than they were paying Holley.

RDL is a complete and utter failure now.

Bring back Jim Holley.

...if not....you might as well kill RDL.
philG
1/30/2022 4:50am
Its bad enough for me to to stop watching.. And i blew watching the races live too.

Did it this morning in an hour and a bit.

Its just TV fuck wits doing what TV fuckwits do.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
1/30/2022 5:29am
1. If you are watching RDL you are into the sport. No need to explain how sand works or anything really, we already know.

2. If you add information, it better not take away from the reason someone is watching, the qualifying coverage.

3. The demographic is not kindergarten children looking at TikTok videos.
Joey_Bridges
1/30/2022 5:32am
Markee wrote:
1. If you are watching RDL you are into the sport. No need to explain how sand works or anything really, we already know. 2. If...
1. If you are watching RDL you are into the sport. No need to explain how sand works or anything really, we already know.

2. If you add information, it better not take away from the reason someone is watching, the qualifying coverage.

3. The demographic is not kindergarten children looking at TikTok videos.
Exactly.
B Gotti
Fantasy
4184th
1/30/2022 6:29am
Hey on the plus side Blair & RC work really well together. I think the new girl will be gone as soon as Robbie Reynards wife gets back from maternity leave.
brocster
1/30/2022 8:43am
chad_111 wrote:
Don't they know that only commited fans watch race day live, show us what we're tuning in for, we dont need this other bullshit.
Fucking this^^^^

Not a single person “casual fan” is going to search, sign up and pay for, on a monthly basis, a RDL subscription to watch Saturday practice and qualifying all day.

Casual fans watch SX because nothing else was on or there was nothing better to do on a Saturday night. Casual fans may or may not go to a live race and if they do, they show up late and leave early. Why, just so many times why do we put so much effort and time into educating people that don’t really GAF no matter how 3rd grade you make it.
B Gotti
Fantasy
4184th
1/30/2022 8:47am
chad_111 wrote:
brocster wrote:
Fucking this^^^^ Not a single person “casual fan” is going to search, sign up and pay for, on a monthly basis, a RDL subscription to watch...
Fucking this^^^^

Not a single person “casual fan” is going to search, sign up and pay for, on a monthly basis, a RDL subscription to watch Saturday practice and qualifying all day.

Casual fans watch SX because nothing else was on or there was nothing better to do on a Saturday night. Casual fans may or may not go to a live race and if they do, they show up late and leave early. Why, just so many times why do we put so much effort and time into educating people that don’t really GAF no matter how 3rd grade you make it.
Damn maybe Monday morning you should walk into Fleds offices & buy the rights to broadcast the series.
MX Culture
1/30/2022 9:34am
Magoofan wrote:
I'll say it again. They let Holley go because COVID fund cutting... How much are they paying this new hack team? It's gotta be more than...
I'll say it again. They let Holley go because COVID fund cutting...
How much are they paying this new hack team? It's gotta be more than they were paying Holley.

RDL is a complete and utter failure now.

Bring back Jim Holley.

...if not....you might as well kill RDL.
Holley was there actually. I ran into him in the pits at the end of the night. He is doing the vip tour and track walk while Lurch is announcing. (Lurch has been doing vip). I was really surprised to see him and he told me he really misses RDL.
Crossup
1/30/2022 11:53am Edited Date/Time 1/30/2022 11:53am
chad_111 wrote:
Finally... the most legit critical comment in five threads about this subject. The RDL team needs to go much more hardcore moto and less bubblegum coverage. Props.
TK40_FC
1/30/2022 12:58pm
The coverage seems to be focused more on rider profiles than the actual qualifying thats happening. Find a guy, focus on him, talk about him regardless of whether hes on a lap or talking with his mechanic, then repeat with the next guy. The best analysis came from Colt Nichols who picked up on some line choices, etc while he was on. I think he actually steered some of the convo back to the track action a couple times.
They need a reset. RC, the best racer the sport has ever seen who has unlimited racing and bike setup knowledge, spent time describing the difference between a rectangle and a triangle this week, instead of how rhythm lanes develop because of the difference in venues. Maybe let Alex from dirtworks explain instead if RC is just going to oversimplify so badly?
Were fans, we know this sport inside and out. I want to see riding, i want technical details. Tell me what gearing HEP is running and why, is HRC still on new clamps this week? Too much flex? Not enough? What's it taking for Eli to triple onto the raised table, what line is setting him up? Seat bouncing? They're also missing an opportunity to talk with the mechanics and team managers to gain more inside information on how the day, practice and qualifying are unfolding.
I know there's potential there, they just have to want to tap into it.
KONG
1/30/2022 2:50pm
Grouper wrote:
What’s RDL?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Race Day Live
Man, I thought it was Roger Da Lobster.
brocster
1/30/2022 3:14pm
chad_111 wrote:
brocster wrote:
Fucking this^^^^ Not a single person “casual fan” is going to search, sign up and pay for, on a monthly basis, a RDL subscription to watch...
Fucking this^^^^

B Gotti wrote:
Damn maybe Monday morning you should walk into Fleds offices & buy the rights to broadcast the series.
I am already part owner. I pay for a subscription to see qualifying as it was advertised…
Bow977
Fantasy
115th
1/30/2022 3:35pm
I’m sorry but the Hubbard guy is terrible. I think he just likes to hear himself talk.

Post a reply to: Another forum to talk about how terrible RDL is

The Latest