Another case of feld waiting til a rider gets hurt to fix the track...

logan_140
Edited Date/Time 3/28/2018 11:14am

In this case it’s tevin tapia
|
slipdog
3/26/2018 7:24am
Tapia got wrecked... Read about the list of injuries this morning, hope his surgeries go well!
3/26/2018 7:41am
Mistakes happen. Picking the wrong line in a rutted jump face is a mistake not track crew negligence. You're supposed to ride the track to your ability; not others ability. Not to shit on anything but would we be so devastated if this happened to Ronnie Ford? Many would just say he doesn't belong out there. So where does that line get drawn?

The Shop

3/26/2018 11:04am Edited Date/Time 3/26/2018 3:28pm
Mistakes happen. Picking the wrong line in a rutted jump face is a mistake not track crew negligence. You're supposed to ride the track to your...
Mistakes happen. Picking the wrong line in a rutted jump face is a mistake not track crew negligence. You're supposed to ride the track to your ability; not others ability. Not to shit on anything but would we be so devastated if this happened to Ronnie Ford? Many would just say he doesn't belong out there. So where does that line get drawn?
I agree. Not to mention there is set time for track maintenance, it's not as if they just see a guy crash and decide to fix it. They fix it when they get the time to.

Either way I wish Tevin the best and hope he heals up soon, this sport can be pretty brutal at times.
make1go
3/26/2018 11:25am
one assumes TC41 is busy collecting crash data and forming proposals on minimizing the risks.

such a high risk sport, okay money, with no data on crashes is a bad joke.

all the best Tevin..
NorCal 50+
3/26/2018 12:06pm
My belief that it isn't the bikes or the track designs- its deterioration of track conditions that is leading to so many injuries. It forces these guys to try jumps they are not sure they can make and at their level, the price of failure is massive injury.

Tomac said in his heat the track was already going away- we have seen them get down to the plywood. These 450s tear up tracks.
3/27/2018 5:19am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
My belief that it isn't the bikes or the track designs- its deterioration of track conditions that is leading to so many injuries. It forces these...
My belief that it isn't the bikes or the track designs- its deterioration of track conditions that is leading to so many injuries. It forces these guys to try jumps they are not sure they can make and at their level, the price of failure is massive injury.

Tomac said in his heat the track was already going away- we have seen them get down to the plywood. These 450s tear up tracks.
I think it is the bikes for the corners. They track so well and deliver power so linearly that the tires grip more than spin (unlike 2 strokes). This digs the ruts in corners deeper, faster, and makes lining up for and getting speed to do a rhythm a lot harder. BUT they still have the power to go for it. Jump faces have always been rutted on the east though. It comes with the territory.
motomike894
3/27/2018 5:24am
They don’t exactly have the time to go out after every let’s say 2 practices and spend 15-25 minutes fixing all the jump faces, ruts are part of it sometimes if you can’t handle it don’t race.
NATEP231
3/27/2018 5:34am
Can’t trust a guy who thinks the earth is flat
cody41
3/27/2018 5:53am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2018 5:54am
So should track workers at a ama national smooth out the ruts because some riders can't manage them ? Quit complaining.
motomike894
3/27/2018 5:55am
cody41 wrote:
So should track workers at a ama national smooth out the ruts because some riders can't manage them ? Quit complaining.
Exactly
3/27/2018 6:01am
Freak racing incidents to which every single rider on the track was subjected to.....one gets hurt. Different story if we have half the field getting messed up. But we don’t so....don’t all go and get this to ten pages now.
NATEP231
3/27/2018 7:43am
NATEP231 wrote:
Can’t trust a guy who thinks the earth is flat
Spherically generated gravity literally bitch slapped him.
I guess jumping a supercross finish line at 835 mph isn’t for everyone
bvm111
3/27/2018 8:11am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
My belief that it isn't the bikes or the track designs- its deterioration of track conditions that is leading to so many injuries. It forces these...

I think it is the bikes for the corners. They track so well and deliver power so linearly that the tires grip more than spin (unlike...
I think it is the bikes for the corners. They track so well and deliver power so linearly that the tires grip more than spin (unlike 2 strokes). This digs the ruts in corners deeper, faster, and makes lining up for and getting speed to do a rhythm a lot harder. BUT they still have the power to go for it. Jump faces have always been rutted on the east though. It comes with the territory.
Well thanks captain obvious!
JeepnMike
3/27/2018 9:30am
Imagine how exciting racing would be if they had to re-groom the track between each moto so nobody could blame the track if someone crashes. I am waiting for someone to suggest we get rid of tough-blocks as well with recent events. The mindset of our country looking for blame anywhere it can be found is going to cause us to self-implode. People need to start taking responsibility for their own actions and mind their own damn business.

I am sorry for Tevin who I grew up racing around his dad (whom I was never as fast as), but cross-rutting a jump isn't the track's fault.

3/27/2018 11:59am
NorCal 50+ wrote:

I think it is the bikes for the corners. They track so well and deliver power so linearly that the tires grip more than spin (unlike...
bvm111 wrote:
Well thanks captain obvious!
Which one of us is navigating this Obvious ship? Lack of context clues has me running aground finding the answer.

Post a reply to: Another case of feld waiting til a rider gets hurt to fix the track...

The Latest