Another (better) View of James' Crash

Ozy
6/3/2012 10:46pm
did anybody else notice Dungey jump from the outside to the middle of the track as James was crashing. Safe to say JS7 changes his line because of the tool on the track
Motodude
6/3/2012 11:01pm
...stupid stupid place and timing to run across the track, but its not the first time or only time it happens during a race. Unforced error by James.
the_wood109
6/3/2012 11:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2012 11:16pm
mrquick wrote:
I keep hearing that us mortals have never traveled at james stewarts speed...really? Just to see how much you stewart fans know...Just how fast ( mph...
I keep hearing that us mortals have never traveled at james stewarts speed...really? Just to see how much you stewart fans
know...Just how fast ( mph ) do you think james was going when he went down?
My car has a top speed of 174 mph...i will not wreck if i meet another car/truck at that speed.

My Kart will hit 120 mph easy and quickly

My crf450 will top out way faster than stewart was going at the time of the crash...
I know one thing, he's been at that speed so long that everything seems to happen in slow motion to him.

FYI...its spelled moron.....not moran.

The guy on the track had nothing to do with the crash.

The "shock factor" made me lol......it was funny.

Guy B...Do you think the guy crossing the track made james crash? I know you have to cross many tracks as I have
done myself in the 40 years i've been in the sport.
You seem to be missing the context. Sure, many people go faster than James. On that track and in that particular section of the track, you would got the same speed?

Would any F1 driver go faster? How about John Force...the guy drives funny cars....I bet he could do at least 300 through that section if he doesn't blow a motor.

So if you look at the situation and context of speed, you haven't gone as fast a James. Not unless you can get your cart to go 120 through that section of the track.

I'm ashamed for even trying to explain it.

The Shop

kongols
6/4/2012 2:38am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2012 2:38am
Even MrQuick showed up. LMFAO. How`s that napkin business at Hangtown, douche?
6/4/2012 8:10am
mrquick wrote:
I keep hearing that us mortals have never traveled at james stewarts speed...really? Just to see how much you stewart fans know...Just how fast ( mph...
I keep hearing that us mortals have never traveled at james stewarts speed...really? Just to see how much you stewart fans
My car has a top speed of 174 mph...i will not wreck if i meet another car/truck at that speed.

My crf450 will top out way faster than stewart was going at the time of the crash...
I know one thing, he's been at that speed so long that everything seems to happen in slow motion to him.

Guy B...Do you think the guy crossing the track made james crash? I know you have to cross many tracks as I have
That is about as close to the most stupid comparison I have heard.
6/4/2012 8:24am
Long time listener, first time caller.
I was sitting right where the photographer crossed from all day. James was disrespecting those ruts all thru practice and the first laps of the moto. In practice, he went wide open down the outside rut, did the same rear end swap and went over the berm and almost into the fence before he got stopped. He moved in a little and started using the rut he crashed in. The lap before he crashed, he pinned it and hit the same rut, the front end turned in and he almost lost it. He was leaning his body to the inside when he started into the ruts and the front tire was plowing against the rut. All of us that have attacked a rut section at speed knows what that feels like(an oh shit! moment). He saved it that lap, but the next lap the rut was deeper and it owned him. Dungey was crossing on the double from the outside to the middle, and moving way inside going into the ruts. He was also slowing down every lap there a little, and showing an ounce of caution. James had it pinned all the way in, like if he went fast enough the ruts wouldn't be there.
It was an on the edge gamble and he lost. Was very impressive up to that point, though.
I'm bummed cause I drove 700 miles to watch him and Dungey go at it in person. I hope he's not hurt so we get to see them race each other like at Freestone all summer. For the Bubba haters, don't just pound on him til you've seen the guy attack an outdoor track up close and in person. TV doesn't do any of these guys justice. Whatever you think of him, at least give him credit for having the biggest balls on the planet(I am a more of a Dungey fan, so not a nut hugger, but I do respect how Bubba rides).

GuyB, thanks for the great pics. Glad you were paying attention when you crossed the track right next to us or these guys would be shredding you too.
jeffro503
6/4/2012 8:34am
Long time listener, first time caller. I was sitting right where the photographer crossed from all day. James was disrespecting those ruts all thru practice and...
I was sitting right where the photographer crossed from all day. James was disrespecting those ruts all thru practice and the first laps of the moto. In practice, he went wide open down the outside rut, did the same rear end swap and went over the berm and almost into the fence before he got stopped. He moved in a little and started using the rut he crashed in. The lap before he crashed, he pinned it and hit the same rut, the front end turned in and he almost lost it. He was leaning his body to the inside when he started into the ruts and the front tire was plowing against the rut. All of us that have attacked a rut section at speed knows what that feels like(an oh shit! moment). He saved it that lap, but the next lap the rut was deeper and it owned him. Dungey was crossing on the double from the outside to the middle, and moving way inside going into the ruts. He was also slowing down every lap there a little, and showing an ounce of caution. James had it pinned all the way in, like if he went fast enough the ruts wouldn't be there.
It was an on the edge gamble and he lost. Was very impressive up to that point, though.
I'm bummed cause I drove 700 miles to watch him and Dungey go at it in person. I hope he's not hurt so we get to see them race each other like at Freestone all summer. For the Bubba haters, don't just pound on him til you've seen the guy attack an outdoor track up close and in person. TV doesn't do any of these guys justice. Whatever you think of him, at least give him credit for having the biggest balls on the planet(I am a more of a Dungey fan, so not a nut hugger, but I do respect how Bubba rides).

GuyB, thanks for the great pics. Glad you were paying attention when you crossed the track right next to us or these guys would be shredding you too.
Stewart was riding awesome up until that crash. And you're right , the dude has a huge set of brass ones. Hope he heals up and we see him at the next round. I really do not want to see an RD run away this season. And with James being there.....that wasn't going to happen. Christ......I just hope something isn't broke and just sprained or something. Maybe be able to use a brace kind of like what RV was / is using if he needs it. I was hoping to see him up at Washougal again this year....as it's been a while.
Spartacus
6/4/2012 8:39am
Long time listener, first time caller. I was sitting right where the photographer crossed from all day. James was disrespecting those ruts all thru practice and...

Wow, first person information, is that allowed here?

Thanks for logging in and the eyewitness report.
6/4/2012 9:14am

He was disrespecting the ruts. LMAO
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
6/4/2012 9:24am

Good first post newb! You are 100% right that TV doesn't do these guys justice. When you see a national up that close it is truly amazing especially guys like Dungey and Stewart.
dak446
6/4/2012 9:36am
mrquick wrote:

After re-re-re-reading this post, I'm still not sure if he's trolling. I'm going to say it's a well thought out attempt. I see through your lies, troll
RandyS
6/4/2012 10:08am
I haven't read through all the posts so I don't know if this has been mentioned or not. Watch the Go Pro footage, and look at the ruts at the point his back end kicks out. That is why he fell, period. There is nothing in either video to suggest he made any different line choice based on the moving target. It could have happened to Dungey, RV, Reed, TC, Windham, or anyone. Well maybe not RC.
slipdog
6/4/2012 10:16am
RandyS wrote:
I haven't read through all the posts so I don't know if this has been mentioned or not. Watch the Go Pro footage, and look at...
I haven't read through all the posts so I don't know if this has been mentioned or not. Watch the Go Pro footage, and look at the ruts at the point his back end kicks out. That is why he fell, period. There is nothing in either video to suggest he made any different line choice based on the moving target. It could have happened to Dungey, RV, Reed, TC, Windham, or anyone. Well maybe not RC.
Just saying...

Wiley
6/4/2012 10:32am
I've had a very simalar situation happen to me during race, of which cause me to not get the overall that day. It's frustrating to say the least when there's an idiot in your path to distract your concentration. In no way should anyone be on that track, with the exception of helping a downed rider.

This should be a wake-up call to the promoters to put measures in place to stop this from happening again. If James was carted away in a helocopter you can bet things would change immediately, but does that need to happen for something to really change?

Concerning the GoPro footage, I've been riding with one for four years now and can tell you that the video is not good to use in judging how close or far away objects are. The camera shoots in a wide-angle view of which distorts distance perceptions. The individual crossing the track was a lot closer to James than the GoPro footage illustrates.

I hope the best for James in his injury and getting back to doing what he does best, ...riding a motorcycle to put a smile on his face and entertain us all with his incredible talent.
Tater
Fantasy
400th
6/4/2012 10:38am

Spartacus wrote:
Wow, first person information, is that allowed here?

Thanks for logging in and the eyewitness report.
So, it seems like the smoking gun here might be the GoPro from all his previous laps through those ruts.

Still wouldn't prove he wasn't distracted at a bad time or didn't intend to switch up his line that lap but would make it harder to say he was forced into that line by the Photog.
RandyS
6/4/2012 10:38am
RandyS wrote:
I haven't read through all the posts so I don't know if this has been mentioned or not. Watch the Go Pro footage, and look at...
slipdog wrote:
Just saying...

See how he almost saved it. His bike just couldn't handle it.

....................oh shit, both Suzukis. James crashed because of the bike, if only he was on a Honda instead of that POS Suzuki.
LoudLove
6/4/2012 10:53am
In typical RC fashion, the last thing to leave the bike is his right hand...

So he goes ass-over-teakettle, hits the turf, rolls to his feet, and immediately heads for the bike. Man, I miss that damn red-headed robot!
partialperson
6/4/2012 10:54am
Obviously, the front forks are too stiff, I can't believe you all can't see that, sheesh!
walleyeguy
6/4/2012 11:06am
mrquick wrote:

dean122 wrote:
"FYI...its spelled moron.....not moran"

You FAIL...
If you've been around a while you would know that "mrquick" should probably have a different screen name. He's proven it time and time again. I think he's a middle school student or something. Forgive him......he was born like that. He's actually pretty lucky, if he was Amish he would have been hit on the head with a hammer and buried in the garden at birth.
slipdog
6/4/2012 11:09am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2012 11:10am
kongols wrote:
I blame Canada.
I thought Jake Canada rode the lights class?

(Damn... 2nd place holeshot again!)
dak446
6/4/2012 1:44pm
I think Eazy should take a gander at this video. His article on Brotocross was sad, at best. Like Stewart needs a scapegoat? He hit the deck plenty of times in SX and never once did he blame someone else/his bike/etc after the race. He's not the kind of guy who looks for an excuse (even though his fans often do).
6/4/2012 1:54pm
dak446 wrote:
I think Eazy should take a gander at this video. His article on Brotocross was sad, at best. Like Stewart needs a scapegoat? He hit the...
I think Eazy should take a gander at this video. His article on Brotocross was sad, at best. Like Stewart needs a scapegoat? He hit the deck plenty of times in SX and never once did he blame someone else/his bike/etc after the race. He's not the kind of guy who looks for an excuse (even though his fans often do).
His article on Brotocross was sad

Like his life. He is pathetic in his screams for attention and unfortunately makes the rest of us look like dipshits to the outside world.
TDeath21
6/4/2012 2:19pm
Looked to me like James was choosing that line anyway. The guy running across may have distracted him, but after that James decided to go wide open through the ruts. I put this one 90% James and 10% photographer. James had a good attitude about it and handled it well. I was impressed. It's a bummer that he's going to miss some races.
CamP
6/4/2012 3:00pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2012 3:01pm
It's a bummer because the air has been let out of the 450 class excitement, but that crash was 100% James' fault.
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
745th
6/4/2012 3:20pm
Yep, Totally James fault He knew he was going to get hurt but he still lined up to do it so yep, All James fault
6/4/2012 3:44pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2012 3:45pm

You sir are either blind or weren't actually there:
Watch vid 1
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
6/4/2012 4:02pm

You sir are either blind or weren't actually there:
Watch vid 1
I don't see where he mentions that he took that rut the entire race. He said the lap before he crashed he took the same rut and almost went down. Then the next lap it bit him. What lap did Stewy crash? 4th lap?

Post a reply to: Another (better) View of James' Crash

The Latest