Another Track Closing - Miles Mountain

GG121
Edited Date/Time 8/7/2022 9:03pm
Miles Mountain MX, in Elkland PA, just announced that they are closing down operations after 18 years to spend more time with their family. A huge loss for the northeast, this was truly the best track I've ever ridden, owned by the nicest people you could hope to meet. If you had the chance to ride this track in its prime, you know how devastating this news is.
|
lumpy790
8/5/2022 9:35am
GG121 wrote:
Miles Mountain MX, in Elkland PA, just announced that they are closing down operations after 18 years to spend more time with their family. A huge...
Miles Mountain MX, in Elkland PA, just announced that they are closing down operations after 18 years to spend more time with their family. A huge loss for the northeast, this was truly the best track I've ever ridden, owned by the nicest people you could hope to meet. If you had the chance to ride this track in its prime, you know how devastating this news is.
Is that the track that is next to the PA turnpike?
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/5/2022 9:37am
GG121 wrote:
Miles Mountain MX, in Elkland PA, just announced that they are closing down operations after 18 years to spend more time with their family. A huge...
That's a shame! I upvoted you for posting this news but as for that track closure is a down vote. Sounds like a great track. I just drove through PA last week and holy smokes does it have some trees, elevation and possibilities!

8/5/2022 9:45am
GG121 wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
That's a shame! I upvoted you for posting this news but as for that track closure is a down vote. Sounds like a great track. I...
That's a shame! I upvoted you for posting this news but as for that track closure is a down vote. Sounds like a great track. I just drove through PA last week and holy smokes does it have some trees, elevation and possibilities!

It’s the north east that’s all you do is up and down steep grades with sharp curves. You get constant g forces in a truck. I had to shut my eyes on the 4 lanes on 1 hill of floaters at take off . Then open my eyes to get a floater feeling after not riding for 12 yrs
On a Mx track. The ne is that extreme but awesome scenery.
GG121
8/5/2022 10:23am
GG121 wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
No this is on the PA/NY border to the west of Corning

The Shop

MX114
8/5/2022 10:54am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2022 12:02pm
Wow that’s a shame. Went there a few times back around 2010 and 2011. One of the best tracks and dirt I’ve ever ridden on. The big step up from the back section of the track was really fun to hit each lap
chasetwo79
8/5/2022 12:42pm
18 years is a good run. The issue is not having enough new promoters to fill the gaps.
TahoeVetMX
8/5/2022 1:07pm
More tracks will fall as the economy retracts. Our local tracks recently got together and increased their pricing by 25% during these very high gas prices and well the turnout dropped badly. I fear this will be the trend soon.
Kenny Lingus
8/5/2022 1:17pm
Been going there since it was just a track on Phil's dad's farm. Don't feel too bad , lots of tracks in the area. It'd probably surprise lots of people to know just how many tracks are in NY alone.
Mungusman
8/5/2022 1:37pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2022 1:41pm
Here’s a pic of my son, jumping the tabletop just after the finish line. This was his absolute favorite track, believe it or not he was devastated, because he learned so much there from a young age. The owners, and the track crew, and all the people we met there we’re all great. We’re really gonna miss it.
300exc
8/5/2022 2:59pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2022 3:03pm
Is it a shame? Yes,, I understand.
But can you imagine trying to deal with the public these days? Everyone seems to bitch about everything.
Just read vital.
Now he just wants to spend time with his family and kids.
I wish them well.
ricko
8/5/2022 7:47pm
GG121 wrote:
I saw the Facebook post, it said they weren’t having races this year but may do some open practices, I didn’t really take that as closing down forever.
olderandYZer
8/5/2022 8:44pm
GG121 wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
That's Breezewood Proving Grounds and Doublin Gap your thinking of today.
olderandYZer
8/5/2022 8:50pm
Track had a couple big booters. Here's some pictures from 2019, the last time we went while living in PA

Om 2019
cwel11
8/6/2022 2:34am
Not sure you can pin this particular track on the economy. They chose to taper their races and practices back on their own. The one race they had there last year was packed. I had heard the owner actually builds tracks and was told he was focusing on that more. My buddies raved about the place years ago and we finally made it there last year. The elevation was good but the dirt wasn’t what they described years before. One thing is for sure, owning and operating a track is a massive amount of work and time to do it right.
pkiczuk
8/6/2022 6:00am
Man i just visited PA for the first time in my life this past weekend. Stayed in langhorne, but took a drive out to Hershey park one of the days and all I could think about in that ride was how perfect of an area it is for a track! Bummed for you guys in that area!
Neverclear
8/6/2022 8:06am
pkiczuk wrote:
Man i just visited PA for the first time in my life this past weekend. Stayed in langhorne, but took a drive out to Hershey park...
Man i just visited PA for the first time in my life this past weekend. Stayed in langhorne, but took a drive out to Hershey park one of the days and all I could think about in that ride was how perfect of an area it is for a track! Bummed for you guys in that area!
Sleepy Hollow and Dutchman MX are both pretty close to the Hershey area. Both good tracks with a long history in District 6.
Markopolo400
8/7/2022 9:03pm
My favorite track of all time. The layout was sick and the dirt was always perfect.

Post a reply to: Another Track Closing - Miles Mountain

The Latest