Another Rider Out at Chaparral

MXRACER428
Fantasy
470th
Edited Date/Time 5/11/2020 10:20am
Justin Starling posted he’s parted ways with Chaparral Honda as well...what’s going on??
|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/7/2020 8:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2020 12:40pm
Justin was able to land a paying gig for the rest of the season and next year.

Per se, mission accomplished, help guys go racing.
bents
Fantasy
710th
5/7/2020 8:46pm
Good on you Michael for creating the opportunity for Justin to land this gig. Surely would have had a lesser chance without your team.
Bronson905
Fantasy
536th
5/7/2020 9:35pm
I have no doubt that ML's team is gonna come back and become even better for the rest of the year/next year! Seems like nothing but professionalism coming from his side as expected. It's a weird time right now with so much uncertainty, not just with racing. Glad JS found a new gig to fit his needs though.
akmx17
5/7/2020 10:34pm
bents wrote:
Good on you Michael for creating the opportunity for Justin to land this gig. Surely would have had a lesser chance without your team.
X2

The Shop

Tonynz
5/7/2020 11:28pm
You are doing a great job Michael.
kkawboy14
5/8/2020 2:28am
Michael, how do the riders make money with your team if they aren’t getting paid?
crowe176
5/8/2020 2:59am
ML, I’m gutted for how this season played out for you the most man. I really hope you come through the other side of this BS season with a plan and keep pushing. To say the pits need more people like you would be a huge understatement. Keep pushing man.
kkawboy14
5/8/2020 3:01am
crowe176 wrote:
ML, I’m gutted for how this season played out for you the most man. I really hope you come through the other side of this BS...
ML, I’m gutted for how this season played out for you the most man. I really hope you come through the other side of this BS season with a plan and keep pushing. To say the pits need more people like you would be a huge understatement. Keep pushing man.
Agreed!
LLOYD22
5/8/2020 4:47am
I don’t do big jumps, I’m ok in the whoops, and can corner pretty good but I’d be willing to be a fill in rider ... oh I haven’t ridden in 9 years but I can start right away!
Rupert X
5/8/2020 5:11am
Is Evgeny Bobyreshev available, or is he too Russian for TooFiddies ?
yak651
Fantasy
214th
5/8/2020 5:28am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Michael, how do the riders make money with your team if they aren’t getting paid?
By getting a job?

Imagine they can keep any purse money they win. How would they make any money if they weren't on ML's team?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
5/8/2020 6:33am
kkawboy14 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
By getting a job?

Imagine they can keep any purse money they win. How would they make any money if they weren't on ML's team?
I’d imagine purse money and sponsor contingency.

If ML covers the cost to get to the races, bikes, maintenance and transport, the out of pocket cost to the riders is greatly reduced. This would give them the opportunity to make more profit, if they do well each night.
Johnny Ringo
5/8/2020 8:13am
Damn I haven’t seen a Honda team be this all over the place since Bookoo
Bearuno
5/8/2020 8:17am
Rupert X wrote:
Is Evgeny Bobyreshev available, or is he too Russian for TooFiddies ? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/08/425919/s1200_7BA8C285_7D77_4B92_8360_18FCE92BC979.jpg[/img]
Is Evgeny Bobyreshev available, or is he too Russian for TooFiddies ?
Rupe, that sure as hell ain't Bobryeshev. Blink
nealb129
5/8/2020 8:21am
Can’t jump, can’t corner, and I’m hung like a grasshopper... but if you need a fill in let me know.
5/8/2020 9:34am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2020 9:42am
I wasn’t planning on saying anything here, however I want to make sure there is zero rude comments about the team or ML’s program.

First, I cannot thank Michael enough for what he did to get me behind the gate this year.. I was unsure about my plans for 2020 on if I wanted to ride a 250 or 450 and michael mentioned his idea with the team and I immediately was interested in it.
He has been nothing but an absolute pleasure to work with this whole off season and first part of Supercross.
The bikes were great, fast, reliable, and better than I expected. We were dealt some shit cards here and there, but michael always made it happen!

I was finally feeling healthy again around Daytona time and was so excited to finish off the season and after Daytona, I was the lone rider on the team and then the pandemic hit us. Needless to say, it’s been the weirdest year of racing EVER!

I had no intentions of parting ways with Michael. And I want to make that clear, he has been so great to work with day in and day out and I respect the absolute shit out of him for doing what he is doing when he does not have too!

Michael has stated multiple times that he wants to help riders get to the next level and get riders on the track and he has done just that. He got me out there.

The deal I received which led me to parting ways with michael was to start during outdoors as michael was already full with his outdoor program and I was a free agent during the summer as my agreement with michael was SX only!

With all the uncertainty with if we will actually race sx now, or if it does get pushed back to Fall and we race MX first, I decided it was best to just go ahead and move forward with the new team and start riding the bike to get ready for MX, or finish SX.. it’s just a lot of not knowing what’s going on, and I didn’t want to lose a Summer program had I not just gone ahead and taken the deal now.

ML is a huge asset to our sport and anybody will be extremely lucky to be under his wing.

I wish nothing but the absolute best for ML and his riders in the future and I look forward to seeing his program grow for years to come.

And yes, Michael and it’s friendship has not changed, he will always be someone I look up to and reach out too from time to time to just chat!

JS56
agn5009
5/8/2020 10:52am
ML is already a huge asset to this sport. I would be willing to bet he will be "the man" on a top team sooner than later.
StevieTimes
5/8/2020 11:35am
RESUME

Goal: To ride for Chaparral as long as they don't mind if I don't huck any of the big jumps. "Big" is relative, they all look pretty scary to me. Also the big pointy whoops are freaky, no way I'm hitting those with any speed.

Experience:
Vet C top finisher 2008. Won regional title. Luckily there wasn't much competition that year.

Recently I have been fishing quite a bit. Sometimes we'll go shootin' as well. I also like to go swimming with the kids.

Physical Conditioning:
Tie a piece of thread around a marshmallow. That's kinda what I look like when I wear a belt.

Salary Requirements:
Tons of the dollars.

Still staring at my phone. Why is this not ringing off the hook?!?!?
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
5/8/2020 11:56am
RESUME Goal: To ride for Chaparral as long as they don't mind if I don't huck any of the big jumps. "Big" is relative, they all...
RESUME

Goal: To ride for Chaparral as long as they don't mind if I don't huck any of the big jumps. "Big" is relative, they all look pretty scary to me. Also the big pointy whoops are freaky, no way I'm hitting those with any speed.

Experience:
Vet C top finisher 2008. Won regional title. Luckily there wasn't much competition that year.

Recently I have been fishing quite a bit. Sometimes we'll go shootin' as well. I also like to go swimming with the kids.

Physical Conditioning:
Tie a piece of thread around a marshmallow. That's kinda what I look like when I wear a belt.

Salary Requirements:
Tons of the dollars.

Still staring at my phone. Why is this not ringing off the hook?!?!?
Made my day. Thank you.
mb60
5/8/2020 11:56am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2020 11:57am
ML512 wrote:

A actual team insider that is open and honest about his team. Wow who would ever think of such a plan.
aeffertz
5/8/2020 12:32pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2020 12:34pm
I wasn’t planning on saying anything here, however I want to make sure there is zero rude comments about the team or ML’s program. First, I...
I wasn’t planning on saying anything here, however I want to make sure there is zero rude comments about the team or ML’s program.

First, I cannot thank Michael enough for what he did to get me behind the gate this year.. I was unsure about my plans for 2020 on if I wanted to ride a 250 or 450 and michael mentioned his idea with the team and I immediately was interested in it.
He has been nothing but an absolute pleasure to work with this whole off season and first part of Supercross.
The bikes were great, fast, reliable, and better than I expected. We were dealt some shit cards here and there, but michael always made it happen!

I was finally feeling healthy again around Daytona time and was so excited to finish off the season and after Daytona, I was the lone rider on the team and then the pandemic hit us. Needless to say, it’s been the weirdest year of racing EVER!

I had no intentions of parting ways with Michael. And I want to make that clear, he has been so great to work with day in and day out and I respect the absolute shit out of him for doing what he is doing when he does not have too!

Michael has stated multiple times that he wants to help riders get to the next level and get riders on the track and he has done just that. He got me out there.

The deal I received which led me to parting ways with michael was to start during outdoors as michael was already full with his outdoor program and I was a free agent during the summer as my agreement with michael was SX only!

With all the uncertainty with if we will actually race sx now, or if it does get pushed back to Fall and we race MX first, I decided it was best to just go ahead and move forward with the new team and start riding the bike to get ready for MX, or finish SX.. it’s just a lot of not knowing what’s going on, and I didn’t want to lose a Summer program had I not just gone ahead and taken the deal now.

ML is a huge asset to our sport and anybody will be extremely lucky to be under his wing.

I wish nothing but the absolute best for ML and his riders in the future and I look forward to seeing his program grow for years to come.

And yes, Michael and it’s friendship has not changed, he will always be someone I look up to and reach out too from time to time to just chat!

JS56
Funny how the racer parts with class and has nothing but good things to say and the YouTuber creates an entire world of drama and speaks badly about the team when he decides to leave and inevitably puts his foot in his own mouth.
crowe176
5/8/2020 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2020 1:01pm
I wasn’t planning on saying anything here, however I want to make sure there is zero rude comments about the team or ML’s program. First, I...

JS56
aeffertz wrote:
Funny how the racer parts with class and has nothing but good things to say and the YouTuber creates an entire world of drama and speaks...
Funny how the racer parts with class and has nothing but good things to say and the YouTuber creates an entire world of drama and speaks badly about the team when he decides to leave and inevitably puts his foot in his own mouth.
Agree.
5/8/2020 2:28pm
ML512 wrote:

"mission accomplished"

lol wtf kind of team is this!?

why put all this time, effort and $ into this project to just get shit on by these riders?

how do you expect to develop and grow the team with this strategy? why are they not signing contracts? the time and money for racetech etc testing and setting bikes up for a handfull of races?

kiwifan
5/8/2020 2:54pm
ML512 wrote:

cablecable wrote:
"mission accomplished" lol wtf kind of team is this!? why put all this time, effort and $ into this project to just get shit on by...
"mission accomplished"

lol wtf kind of team is this!?

why put all this time, effort and $ into this project to just get shit on by these riders?

how do you expect to develop and grow the team with this strategy? why are they not signing contracts? the time and money for racetech etc testing and setting bikes up for a handfull of races?

You really have missed the point of the team that ML has stated over and over and over again.
5/8/2020 4:00pm

JS56
aeffertz wrote:
Funny how the racer parts with class and has nothing but good things to say and the YouTuber creates an entire world of drama and speaks...
Something something break and enter .......
Jeff alessi
5/8/2020 4:16pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2020 4:22pm
ML512 keep your head up bro, this whole pandemic has put every rider contract and plan in a blender and left you, your riders and sponsors picking up the pieces like a puzzle piece by piece and none of the pieces are fitting together perfectly but eventually those pieces will reveal a bigger picture down the road and you will be able to get things looking right when the racing starts up again. Keep the faith and remember everyone respects and appreciates what you have done to get rider's on the gate with respectable equipment, no one could have planned for what happened but eventually racing will continue and fast riders will need good bikes and a good opportunity which you have put together. When that time comes you will have the foundation and the final puzzle pieces (the riders) will be there for you to choose, just keep the foundation together because there's going to be a lot of really talented hard working racers that need the opportunity when we start seeing a lot of teams not around come race time.

Keep the faith my friend you are a much needed person in this industry!

(Edit) Justin starling no one could have planned how this whole thing has gone down, having plans (And contracts) to race this summer nationals was a smart move and having it planned back in December was smart thinking but like I said no one could have seen and planned for this pandemic. Hopefully people see this is just a cause and affect of the pandemic and no hard feeling between you and the chapparel team, hopefully in 2021 you can get back with them for supercross 💪

Post a reply to: Another Rider Out at Chaparral

The Latest