Another Reason to get OUT of California >>>

mxracer828
10/4/2020 8:45am
Southern California is awesome! Name another place where you can experience beaches, deserts and mountain forests all within an hour drive? I especially love San Diego...
Southern California is awesome! Name another place where you can experience beaches, deserts and mountain forests all within an hour drive? I especially love San Diego. Living next to the border is the best thing ever. You can be in another country and experience a whole new dynamic. I can’t tell you guys how much money I’ve saved by getting my vehicles repaired in Mexico. Overall, wouldn’t trade Cali for any other place.
An hour? Shit it takes an hour to go 7 miles because everywhere you go it’s a parking lot. I’m in Murrieta and the freeway up here is even dead stopped. California is a concrete jungle. I am born and raised here and when I see other states,ya they might not have a glen helen or fox raceway,but other states like Idaho have so much to offer,green mountains! Hiking,epic single track mountain biking and single track dual sport riding,they have the snake river to kayak in,20 mile green belt that you can ride a bike into the city from other nearby cities. From where I live, with zero traffic ya everything is an hour,but reality is there is always traffic!
BToz
10/4/2020 1:39pm
mxracer828 wrote:
An hour? Shit it takes an hour to go 7 miles because everywhere you go it’s a parking lot. I’m in Murrieta and the freeway up...
An hour? Shit it takes an hour to go 7 miles because everywhere you go it’s a parking lot. I’m in Murrieta and the freeway up here is even dead stopped. California is a concrete jungle. I am born and raised here and when I see other states,ya they might not have a glen helen or fox raceway,but other states like Idaho have so much to offer,green mountains! Hiking,epic single track mountain biking and single track dual sport riding,they have the snake river to kayak in,20 mile green belt that you can ride a bike into the city from other nearby cities. From where I live, with zero traffic ya everything is an hour,but reality is there is always traffic!
You must be talking about northern Idaho.
mxtryon231
10/4/2020 1:55pm
Southern California is awesome! Name another place where you can experience beaches, deserts and mountain forests all within an hour drive? I especially love San Diego...
Southern California is awesome! Name another place where you can experience beaches, deserts and mountain forests all within an hour drive? I especially love San Diego. Living next to the border is the best thing ever. You can be in another country and experience a whole new dynamic. I can’t tell you guys how much money I’ve saved by getting my vehicles repaired in Mexico. Overall, wouldn’t trade Cali for any other place.
mxracer828 wrote:
An hour? Shit it takes an hour to go 7 miles because everywhere you go it’s a parking lot. I’m in Murrieta and the freeway up...
Gotta love when someone lives in Murrieta and complains about the lack of greenery and water haha. Go North of San Fran and explore the rest of California once it stops burning and you will see theres plenty of what you claim you'd need to go to Idaho to see. Trust me..Idaho, Oregon, and the Dakotas don't want more Californians to move there. Im buying some land in Humboldt county and developing it for people who want to escape SoCal and live off the grid, also working on a MX track in the future out there as well. Maybe you'll stay? haha. jk about Murrieta too, I grew up watching that entire area get developed and thought it would be nice, and then they just kept building.
Chance1216
10/4/2020 2:32pm
mxracer828 wrote:
mxtryon231 wrote:
Gotta love when someone lives in Murrieta and complains about the lack of greenery and water haha. Go North of San Fran and explore the rest...
Gotta love when someone lives in Murrieta and complains about the lack of greenery and water haha. Go North of San Fran and explore the rest of California once it stops burning and you will see theres plenty of what you claim you'd need to go to Idaho to see. Trust me..Idaho, Oregon, and the Dakotas don't want more Californians to move there. Im buying some land in Humboldt county and developing it for people who want to escape SoCal and live off the grid, also working on a MX track in the future out there as well. Maybe you'll stay? haha. jk about Murrieta too, I grew up watching that entire area get developed and thought it would be nice, and then they just kept building.
Just north of Redding (Shasta-Trinity National Forest) has some really nice scenery.

The Shop

10/4/2020 3:51pm
Electric alone CANNOT happen as CA is suggesting WITHOUT major costs involved. Lets think about this a little.... what happened recently in CA when it was...
Electric alone CANNOT happen as CA is suggesting WITHOUT major costs involved. Lets think about this a little.... what happened recently in CA when it was HOT and the electric grid COULDN"T handle the loads and power was SHUTOFF to avoid blackouts. An average EV to charge for 20 minutes is the same load on the grid that (3) average households use during peak usage. Have to factor in the many more non-native people settling in too. Sorry you can't drive/ride now because we have an electricity drought, or yes you can have electricity at a high tier cost. Someone has to pay for the upgraded infrastructure. Unlike Texas where there is competitive markets for electricity providers (yes you can choose who you want like cable TV). Great SCE & PG&E will control your cost. Your riding won't be measured in Gallons of Fuel or Mileage, rather time and a payment card for the electrical infrastructure. Maybe you can get your name on the 480kV tower??

I wonder how many electric motors that run hot will ignite the unmanaged brush in CA and WhyTF can't we buy more fire-fighting planes and have better plans in place to avoid these yearly fires. I'm certain that my exhaust w/o spark arrestor on my offroad bike would kill me if I had to rely on it for a source of fire.

But as logic goes out the window, maybe I should buy stock in Duracel and Energizer who might power these things that some call dirtbikes. Ecigs too! Nothing like riding an electric motorcycle down the road with an e-cig in your mouth with the fake tata woman on the back.
MxKing809 wrote:
I submit Rate Case testimony to my State regulator for natural gas utility funding. The CPUC has the ability to solve the issue of electricity droughts...
I submit Rate Case testimony to my State regulator for natural gas utility funding.

The CPUC has the ability to solve the issue of electricity droughts by approving PG&E and SDG&E Rate Case filings.

The problem typically is however, that a utility will seek X amount of funding to do Y projects. That may be new 480kV transmission lines, build a new power plant, maintain existing lines to prevent outages and fires.....

But in every Rate Case I have seen, the Commission “disallow” 10-25% of the financial ask.

If the utility was allowed to charge what they wanted per unit of energy, then they could operate their system and infrastructure as they see fit - and. Competitor could do the same - giving the user options in providers like you mentioned.

The biggest issue here to me is this: Regulated monopolies are managed by the Commission that approved funding, and handcuffed on decisions based on those approvals / disallowances.

If California wants to convert to 100% EV’s..... they just have the allow your utilities to pass the bill for upgrades on to you guys - and they’ll build the system to work.
This slipped past me. Thank you for the response. Yes, I too have experience working, albeit indirectly, with the CPUC in telecommunications and agree with your input. Like with any form of business, there needs to be open competition allowed to make a service or product less expensive and better. It always goes back to politics. I've seen the heated debates. I won't say anything more about that. "Regulatory" alright....

I would happily trade all my carbon credits to keep the gasoline engine dirt bike on the track and trails.
abn166
10/5/2020 3:10pm

I can't wait to go to the drag races once California goes all electric.
APLMAN99
10/5/2020 3:49pm
If you count the beaches we have on our rivers or lakes, I can do all of that in about 15 minutes of drive time.........

There are times in the spring where you could snow ski in the morning, then be water skiing with your buddies 15-20 minutes later, including the drive down the hill.

That is if they have already launched the boat, of course.....

And I'd recommend a suit for the chilly river temps.

Post a reply to: Another Reason to get OUT of California >>>

The Latest