Another NBC sports Gold thread...

5/20/2018 12:28am
I know I know, it’s another thread about this freakin app and it’s been talked about a lot in the last couple weeks. But I thought I’d give credit where it’s due since I’m sure weege or someone from the crew will read this.

IT IS SO AWESOME! Listen, I get people don’t wanna pay extra for this package because they already pay for a tv package that ain’t cheap. But I’ll share my experience today after the hangtown races.

I was hesitant to buy it because you can always watch them on YouTube or record it on the DVR or whatever. But after the Supercross season I was f*ckin tired of missing races because of UFC, baseball or whatever. And IMHO you spend more time watching commercials than watching racing in SX.

Anyways, I bit the bullet and bought NBC Sports Gold and after today’s races I was stoked. From the very start of practice to end of the Motos it was good, high quality coverage with an awesome commentary crew, including the new chick, Will. Maybe one small hiccup but i think it was my internet being weird.

Unfortunately no 125 races but it sounds like that’s in the works for the future. I’m sure we will see highlights on next weeks show hopefully.

If you are on the fence about buying NBC sports Gold, do it. It’s good quality streaming and i enjoyed every minute of it this afternoon. And I’m not being paid to say this or post it, I’m genuinely a happy customer.
|
philG
5/20/2018 1:15am
For just over $1 a moto, if you dont pay, you aint any kind of MX fan . DC deserves the support , the coverage is great , apart from stupid features 'in race'... i know what a freaking pressure gauge is FFS, show it in the dead time before a race, not during.

Bearuno
5/20/2018 2:23am
I slept in and went riding myself instead of waking at 3 or 5am to watch live.I'm happy to watch racing that I know the results of already, as I watch all aspects of a race.

Went to watch the replays, got about 10 minutes of the first 250 Moto, and it stopped. No matter what I do, I can't get the replays up now. This sort of thing happened a few times last year.

It's a bit of a head scratcher. I'll see if I can catch up toomorrow - loved seeing the off camber corner especially, and, it looks like they've taken a leaf from the GPs with artificial whoops more like 'waves', and not SX crap. Plus, they'd not tilled the surface into rut city - good stuff .Cool

It's a bit weird, as I've been able to watch the MXGP coverage, both live and in replay last night and then today, with the 2nd 125 moto live a short while ago, with absolutely no problems. So, my 'puter and provider are functioning normally. Maybe it's my VPN source being 'noodly'? Oh well, at least I can watch the World Championships live, from 'cute lil Teut'.

BobInIndy
5/20/2018 4:18am
Was able to watch it flawlessly on my home PC, then went to the park and continued watching it live on my phone. The clarity was phenomenal. This is the best that it's been in a couple of years.
brycepdh
5/20/2018 4:53am
Bearuno wrote:
I slept in and went riding myself instead of waking at 3 or 5am to watch live.I'm happy to watch racing that I know the results...
I slept in and went riding myself instead of waking at 3 or 5am to watch live.I'm happy to watch racing that I know the results of already, as I watch all aspects of a race.

Went to watch the replays, got about 10 minutes of the first 250 Moto, and it stopped. No matter what I do, I can't get the replays up now. This sort of thing happened a few times last year.

It's a bit of a head scratcher. I'll see if I can catch up toomorrow - loved seeing the off camber corner especially, and, it looks like they've taken a leaf from the GPs with artificial whoops more like 'waves', and not SX crap. Plus, they'd not tilled the surface into rut city - good stuff .Cool

It's a bit weird, as I've been able to watch the MXGP coverage, both live and in replay last night and then today, with the 2nd 125 moto live a short while ago, with absolutely no problems. So, my 'puter and provider are functioning normally. Maybe it's my VPN source being 'noodly'? Oh well, at least I can watch the World Championships live, from 'cute lil Teut'.

what vpn are you using?

The Shop

DPR250R
5/20/2018 6:31am
Bearuno wrote:
I slept in and went riding myself instead of waking at 3 or 5am to watch live.I'm happy to watch racing that I know the results...

I am not watching through VPN just the app from iPhone to Apple TV and I was getting a restricted playback error and told to call customer service.

Had toclose the app and restart a couple times. Then worked.
Bearuno
5/20/2018 7:50am
brycepdh wrote:
what vpn are you using?
PureVPN - a paid one. And, I've paid for the NBC Gold webcast.

But I'm watching the GP now, and that's what I'm most interested in.

I'll check tomorrow to see if the NBC setup is back working for me. It's just strange that one works with no problems, and the other doesn't, on the same 'puter.
brycepdh
5/20/2018 7:56am
I have a VPN also, its called Nord VPN and it is a paid one.

I wanted to buy the NBC gold but wasn't sure if it would work and hold out buying it until i saw someone from Australia on vital comment on it.

Let me know how you go tomorrow and if it works good, i'm sold.
Ken202
Fantasy
1508th
5/20/2018 8:01am
Question- Where are replays? I paid the full $54.95, have the NBC Sports Gold app and can’t find replays there or on their website. Replays or archives. Thanks for info!
Dimblewambie
5/20/2018 8:05am
Ken202 wrote:
Question- Where are replays? I paid the full $54.95, have the NBC Sports Gold app and can’t find replays there or on their website. Replays or...
Question- Where are replays? I paid the full $54.95, have the NBC Sports Gold app and can’t find replays there or on their website. Replays or archives. Thanks for info!
I’m on the app, but I go to replay, apply filter of pro motocross and then just scroll down. It’s all there for me.
Ken202
Fantasy
1508th
5/20/2018 8:12am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2018 8:13am
Ken202 wrote:
Question- Where are replays? I paid the full $54.95, have the NBC Sports Gold app and can’t find replays there or on their website. Replays or...
I’m on the app, but I go to replay, apply filter of pro motocross and then just scroll down. It’s all there for me.
Thanks man. No problem for me now.
ga_pike
5/20/2018 8:28am
First time user yesterday and absolutely pleased.

If I had any complaint, it's that the live coverage doesn't jump to the next moto automatically... but that's no big deal at all.
lumpy790
5/20/2018 8:41am
2nd year I have paid to see practices and moto’s live.

I am kind of pissed that this year I can only watch the 2nd final A 250 & A 450 practices.
I sponsor a lot of the B practice Privateers and A practice riders I want to watch them ALL not just the Top A practice riders. I want to see how ALL of the 40 gates get filled!

It is nice to watch on your TV with Roku or hook your iphone up to a TV to watch like I do to watch Supercross Live for FREE.

I will complain about .....

1 The video freezing up and having to restart to get it going again.
2 Having to chase to different sections to watch the next race. Cant it be just 1 place to watch the complete race????
3 When you go in early if freezes up until you go in and restart the program and you miss the 1st lap of the race.
4 Picture quality gets so bad you can not read the info scrolling across the screen and you cant see the racers clearly for long periods.
5 We are watching the LIVE races and they stop and the Logo goes up while we can still hear the race. Show us the whole race!
vetmxr
5/20/2018 5:23pm
worth it if your any kind of a fan at all
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
5/20/2018 6:52pm
lumpy790 wrote:
2nd year I have paid to see practices and moto’s live. I am kind of pissed that this year I can only watch the 2nd final...
2nd year I have paid to see practices and moto’s live.

I am kind of pissed that this year I can only watch the 2nd final A 250 & A 450 practices.
I sponsor a lot of the B practice Privateers and A practice riders I want to watch them ALL not just the Top A practice riders. I want to see how ALL of the 40 gates get filled!

It is nice to watch on your TV with Roku or hook your iphone up to a TV to watch like I do to watch Supercross Live for FREE.

I will complain about .....

1 The video freezing up and having to restart to get it going again.
2 Having to chase to different sections to watch the next race. Cant it be just 1 place to watch the complete race????
3 When you go in early if freezes up until you go in and restart the program and you miss the 1st lap of the race.
4 Picture quality gets so bad you can not read the info scrolling across the screen and you cant see the racers clearly for long periods.
5 We are watching the LIVE races and they stop and the Logo goes up while we can still hear the race. Show us the whole race!
Lumpy, most of your issues (1,3, and 4) you are complaining about are internet or modem related, not NBC Sports Gold related. I have an issue with only one TV in our house that does that - the one farthest away from the modem. We have Cox Gigablast internet (supposedly the fastest there is), but the stream can buffer and get bad quality if the wifi sucks. On our new TV with built in WIFI that is close to the modem, it's totally badass. Perfect stream, excellent quality.
jeffro503
5/20/2018 7:16pm
First time for me as well yesterday of using the Gold app.

I have a 120MB line here through comcast , which works perfect for my Amazon Fire TV , PSvue , Netflix ect.....And it worked perfect for the gold app yesterday as well. Complete 1080p , no buffering and was perfect for all 4 motos.

Wish I would of gotten this last year , instead of watching the first motos on MAV tv in SD.....uuhhgg! Ugly!
MotoMo165
5/20/2018 7:23pm
It’s the best. The majority of the people I know also bought it. no commercials is incredible!
KDXGarage
5/20/2018 8:59pm
I did not buy it last year. I bought it this year. One benefit is getting to keep watching the races while the TV version goes to commercials. Also, after the race is over, before they go to the podium, one can hear some of the track announcer talking to the racers. Also, one can see the flagger drinking water, eating and very thankfully, picking up rocks one time. Thanks, Mr. Flagger!

plus two rounds of qualifying
plus 2015 - 2017 seasons

Post a reply to: Another NBC sports Gold thread...

The Latest