Another Moosecan thread.

calcoast
Edited Date/Time 4/29/2018 1:42pm
I loved the pass on Tomac last week. Marv has always been one of my favorite riders. My only gripe with him (and many other fans) was that he was too nice and never aggresive enough.

It seems like hes always been a fan fave'. The pass was super aggresive. This past week Ive seen a complete 180 with the way fans are treating him. Reading through social media comments everybody hates the guy now.

Damned if you do...Damned if you dont.
|
kb228
4/28/2018 6:40pm
I think this started last year when he moved over to let dungey win and then lie about it. It continued when he took tomac out and then tried to lie about it.

Lying on a worldwide tv stream doesnt keep fans. Not sure if anyone else noticed but the cheers for marvs win tonight was pretty much absent
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
4/28/2018 6:42pm
kb228 wrote:
I think this started last year when he moved over to let dungey win and then lie about it. It continued when he took tomac out...
I think this started last year when he moved over to let dungey win and then lie about it. It continued when he took tomac out and then tried to lie about it.

Lying on a worldwide tv stream doesnt keep fans. Not sure if anyone else noticed but the cheers for marvs win tonight was pretty much absent
I noticed and I think rightfully so. All he had to do was own up last year and last week and he refused to do it. That’s his problem.
calcoast
4/28/2018 6:55pm
kb228 wrote:
I think this started last year when he moved over to let dungey win and then lie about it. It continued when he took tomac out...

Yeah, I didn’t hear the fans cheering as much either. That added to me wanting to make this thread.

I agree with what everybody is saying about him not owning up to it. That goes back to him being too nice. He definitely should have just owned it.

I almost feel bad for the guy. I think he tries to be too professional and too “perfect” in interviews and media.
Excaliburbmx
4/28/2018 7:06pm
Look at the hate Eli gets. I like good racing and don’t understand the hate.

Eli gets another outdoor this year.

The Shop

omalley
4/28/2018 7:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2018 7:19pm
No issue with the pass, huge issue with the bullshit he tried to trowel out to rationalize it. Reminded me of the shorthand on the blackboard by the commander in police academy.

Oh, his 20 minute interviews are getting old too...
Motofinne
4/29/2018 1:20am
I seriously don't understand how people can be mad at him for the Dungey incident from last year. You expect him and KTM to just say: "yeah we gave Dungey extra points" and risk a fine or a penalty?

Every other team out there would've done the exact same thing in that particular scenario.

Now the pass last week. I have zero problems with the move. We see many moves that are worse in the LCQ every year and that was for a 450 main event win. The problem is that Marvin didn't own up to it. He should've just said that he went for it and made it happen, it was for a win. But i think that has to do with him being too nice. I think we saw in this race how he was way less aggressive when he passed people. Now he is back to the too nice Marvin that wont win a title.
Question
4/29/2018 2:17am
Motofinne wrote:
I seriously don't understand how people can be mad at him for the Dungey incident from last year. You expect him and KTM to just say...
I seriously don't understand how people can be mad at him for the Dungey incident from last year. You expect him and KTM to just say: "yeah we gave Dungey extra points" and risk a fine or a penalty?

Every other team out there would've done the exact same thing in that particular scenario.

Now the pass last week. I have zero problems with the move. We see many moves that are worse in the LCQ every year and that was for a 450 main event win. The problem is that Marvin didn't own up to it. He should've just said that he went for it and made it happen, it was for a win. But i think that has to do with him being too nice. I think we saw in this race how he was way less aggressive when he passed people. Now he is back to the too nice Marvin that wont win a title.
+1

I should also say that Musquin owned it since he told he went for it because it was for a 450 sx win but just didnt expected Tomac to be in this line, which eventually looked much worse than what we intended.

What would have been odd would have been Musquin saying it was his normal line or that he was not going for a block pass, then yeah I would understand the flame.
magoo1982
4/29/2018 3:50am
Motofinne wrote:
I seriously don't understand how people can be mad at him for the Dungey incident from last year. You expect him and KTM to just say...

x2 , of current riders in 450 , Marv , Anderson and Rocszen are my favorites . Cant believe the eli fans have nt been complaining bought that tuff block that t boned him this week ....
4/29/2018 4:30am
Motofinne wrote:

Question wrote:
+1 I should also say that Musquin owned it since he told he went for it because it was for a 450 sx win but just...
+1

I should also say that Musquin owned it since he told he went for it because it was for a 450 sx win but just didnt expected Tomac to be in this line, which eventually looked much worse than what we intended.

What would have been odd would have been Musquin saying it was his normal line or that he was not going for a block pass, then yeah I would understand the flame.
Thanks to these Euro Bike Bros having it figured out.
In his immediate interview after the Tomac deal...he said "it was for a 450 main event win"...what else can you expect the guy to say? You cant expect someone to communicate in exactly the way you would.
As for admitting he pulled over for Dungey...get serious people.
BikerScars
4/29/2018 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2018 1:44pm
Motofinne wrote:

MM was getting boo'd at the Massachusetts win well before he was interviewed. So he was/is in a no win situation.
ET has a big hard core fan base and they are a weird group of bromance beta males. ET is a moto stud, but many fans are too much.

MM stupid move last year was not blatantly pulling over for Dungey, it was really jumping into Dungeys line in the first place. RD was riding conservative, had a infrequent and fortunate race in front of ET. They are teammates, training partners, and supposedly friends. But that was stupid. Jump in front of him at A1, Houston, AZ, etc. But when you have been mathematically eliminated and you are in closing round before your partners LV title fight you don't make that pass that way. It was a small penis move. If MM was riding way faster and RD was off the pace, ok pass him. But that was not the case.
And then instead of taking the corners wide to let RD take the position back, he obviously pulls over to show to everyone and probably embarrasse his frenemy RD, just bad form all the way around.

Do any of you think Grant would have passed ET in LV (unless ET went down)?

All that said, I thought the pass on ET was super aggressive, but ok. Now he may get some super aggressive passing from ET in the future and that's ok too.

Post a reply to: Another Moosecan thread.

The Latest