Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:22pm
Pulp link

Some good reading there...
|
redalert144
Fantasy
3087th
8/8/2009 5:42pm
good read, and imho very true, mike's dad needs to let go. What do you think bobbym?
Ozzy22
8/8/2009 5:47pm
BobbyM has been saying that for a long time now.
Farva
8/8/2009 5:48pm
Karma.

The family has always been a pain in the ass and its turning around to bite them in the ass.

The Shop

Ing
8/8/2009 6:01pm
SOS
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
8/8/2009 6:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:24am
"When Mike hit the box in only his second national, it was precursor to great things. Honda and Mike Alessi would be a great marriage."

I'm pretty sure that was one of Terry's motors in that Honda....

"Perhaps a Team Alessi is in the works, I know there have been some calls placed and some people spoken to about it. Maybe that way, the family can control everything in and around the team. Like they did in the amateur days. When Mike was a winning machine."

I would love to see Mike do his own program/team and get back with Varner. Smile
I think Terry's motors helped play part of their success in the AM's.
Perhaps all Mike needs is the right formula.
8/8/2009 6:25pm
Mike knows how to go fast. I think he needs to let go of some baggage!
Kinetic1
8/8/2009 6:28pm
I like Mike so much. I don't know for sure if Tony is the real problem or not but I hope whatever it is gets figured out and taken care of soon. Mikey's running out of teams and to start your own is awful expensive. Wouldn't it be coo if they ran the nationals out of a box van and won the title?
Guzzler
8/8/2009 6:45pm
that was a very good read indeed. I really hope that Mike can get it together next year. Not reaally a fan of the kid but it sure does suck to hear about all the bullshit that goes w/ him. Best of luck getting a ride next year Mike. Could we see him on his own team? i think so on maybe on yz's with james.
mw21784
8/8/2009 6:53pm
damn what a good read. some good stuff about what has been going on. like tearing apart the showa shock at a local dealer i bet that dealer was blown away when he saw what was in there.would like to see mike have his own team.
Trip
8/8/2009 7:13pm
So here we are again, making things up based on rumors and what he says other people tell him. Funny how he never mentions who he head any of this from. Pretty easy to write an atricle when you never have to have a source.

The art of living up to your reputation in pro sports when dominating in amateur/college is not just something that follows Mike Alessi. Plenty of people never live up to the standard they set for themselves while killing the competition before turning pro.

I know Mike's goal is to be a champion, that should be everyone who lines up at the gates goal. If Mike doesn't attain his goal, he will know he gave his all.

Putting the blame on Tony is a cheap and pure bullshit move. It may be an opinion that Mike would do better without his dad, but that's all it is, it's just an opinion. Tony has both his kids racing professionally, do any of you?

At the end of his carrer, he may have some regrets, I'm guessing one of them will not be his dad being by his side the whole time. Family is forever, and maybe in Mikes opinion, keeping the family close is more important in the long run.

BobbyM
8/8/2009 7:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:24am
good read, and imho very true, mike's dad needs to let go. What do you think bobbym?
i think myself or anybody that knows...and there's a lot of them could guide mike to a championship. but it's up to mike. mike knows that...jeff knows that and certainly tony knows that. i love tony, he reminds me of my dad...but like my dad he doesn't know everything.

and tony fucked up bigtime this year by making mike ride that bullshit pr crap at mt.morris. big mistake....big fucking mistake.
swizcore
8/8/2009 7:23pm
Trip wrote:
So here we are again, making things up based on rumors and what he says other people tell him. Funny how he never mentions who he...
So here we are again, making things up based on rumors and what he says other people tell him. Funny how he never mentions who he head any of this from. Pretty easy to write an atricle when you never have to have a source.

The art of living up to your reputation in pro sports when dominating in amateur/college is not just something that follows Mike Alessi. Plenty of people never live up to the standard they set for themselves while killing the competition before turning pro.

I know Mike's goal is to be a champion, that should be everyone who lines up at the gates goal. If Mike doesn't attain his goal, he will know he gave his all.

Putting the blame on Tony is a cheap and pure bullshit move. It may be an opinion that Mike would do better without his dad, but that's all it is, it's just an opinion. Tony has both his kids racing professionally, do any of you?

At the end of his carrer, he may have some regrets, I'm guessing one of them will not be his dad being by his side the whole time. Family is forever, and maybe in Mikes opinion, keeping the family close is more important in the long run.

Still mad about Matthes' J-Law opinion?

It may be an opinion that Mike would do better without his dad, but that's all it is, it's just an opinion.

Actually no its not just an opinion, as stated in the story the one pro race Tony wasn't at Mike achieved his best ever SX result.
Trip
8/8/2009 7:23pm
Just a question here..... This was Mikes best year to win a championship, with no JS or RV. Did Tony mess it up for him this year?? How would of it of been different if he had someone else in his corner?
Trip
8/8/2009 7:32pm
swizcore wrote:
Still mad about Matthes' J-Law opinion? [b]It may be an opinion that Mike would do better without his dad, but that's all it is, it's just...
Still mad about Matthes' J-Law opinion?

It may be an opinion that Mike would do better without his dad, but that's all it is, it's just an opinion.

Actually no its not just an opinion, as stated in the story the one pro race Tony wasn't at Mike achieved his best ever SX result.
Ok, so the article mostly talks about Mike in mx not sx, that little nugget was just thrown in there to try and validate a point that was made up. Tony wasn't at one sx race where Mike got third, well damn, I guess that proves it, Mike doesn't need Tony at all. One race and a third in a genre that Mike himself knows he doesn't excel at.
Trip
8/8/2009 7:36pm
BobbyM wrote:
i think myself or anybody that knows...and there's a lot of them could guide mike to a championship. but it's up to mike. mike knows that...jeff...
i think myself or anybody that knows...and there's a lot of them could guide mike to a championship. but it's up to mike. mike knows that...jeff knows that and certainly tony knows that. i love tony, he reminds me of my dad...but like my dad he doesn't know everything.

and tony fucked up bigtime this year by making mike ride that bullshit pr crap at mt.morris. big mistake....big fucking mistake.
Damn, I didn't know Tony was the race manager. So your saying Suzuki had no idea that Mike was riding that "pr crap?" Damn, you learn alot on this board.
swizcore
8/8/2009 7:36pm
Well your such a stickler for fact and hating on opinion, I just wanted to assure that your statement was held to that same yard stick of truth; regardless of the weight of its bearing on MA's career.
jemcee
8/8/2009 7:46pm
the definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over and expecting different results. awesome line

mathes prob doesn't put his sources in because he doesn't wanna throw them under the bus, and they are no doubt his mates then they'd stop talking to him.
I don't think he's ever called himself a journalist so pretty much everything he writes should be known as his opinion.

and he has way more information about these things than i do so i love reading his stuff

plus he's kinda funny
crowe176
8/8/2009 7:59pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2009 7:59pm
Send him overseas to do a GP season. I'd love to watch him wipe his ass with 222.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
8/8/2009 8:02pm
Any of you get your new transworld? Swap has a picture of alessi flipping the bird and a quote that Alessi is far from ever being an ambassador.

Anyone know what the story is behind the picture.. Who he was pissed at? Alessi has always been known to play charades on the track..
41NDT
8/8/2009 8:21pm
crowe176 wrote:
Send him overseas to do a GP season. I'd love to watch him wipe his ass with 222.
IS this the same 222 ass that wiped Villopoto's ass.
I don't think you realise the speed of 222.
Stupid statement.
rc4187
8/8/2009 8:21pm
wow... that is drama there. Matthes is 100% right. He needs to change something up. Perhaps him and JLaw should split the expenses of owning a team if no one will hire them.
41NDT
8/8/2009 8:27pm
Didn't DeCoster once say that the best bit of advice for someone wanting to become a team manager is to hire and orphan
rc4187
8/8/2009 8:30pm
i think the age 18 rule will help with this problem in the future. when mike turned pro he was 16. he needed his parents there bc he was just a kid. time goes on and they're a bigger part of it. now he's 21 and can't let go.
Grendel
8/8/2009 8:30pm
Sorry, not buying it.

He was doing fine in 2008 and 2009 until he had two crashes that had f**k-all to do with his father. This is just another failed stunt to paint the man as a pariah.
rc4187
8/8/2009 8:33pm
Grendel wrote:
Sorry, not buying it. He was doing fine in 2008 and 2009 until he had two crashes that had f**k-all to do with his father. This...
Sorry, not buying it.

He was doing fine in 2008 and 2009 until he had two crashes that had f**k-all to do with his father. This is just another failed stunt to paint the man as a pariah.
no one is questioning his ability to ride or contend for wins outdoors. it has everything to do with him changing employers for the 4th time in 5 years and burning every bridge along the way.
eddie
8/8/2009 8:38pm
Grendel wrote:
Sorry, not buying it. He was doing fine in 2008 and 2009 until he had two crashes that had f**k-all to do with his father. This...
Sorry, not buying it.

the crashes had nothing to do with his dad , but the animosity towards him from EVERY team he has rode for has everything to do with his dad . his dad is a pariah .... he painted that picture all by himself .

Post a reply to: Another Matthes gem - Alessi

The Latest