Another MXA classic error

Related:
Create New Tag

5/9/2018 1:01 PM

Do they really not know the difference between a picture of Josh hill on a 450 and Justin on a 250?

https://motocrossactionmag.com/motocross-action-mid-week-report-17/

Photo

|

5/9/2018 1:26 PM

Lol.

|

5/9/2018 1:30 PM

MXA errors are like herpes. just when they clear up for a couple weeks, WHAM, they're back and they've multiplied.

|

5/9/2018 1:40 PM

peelout wrote:

MXA errors are like herpes. just when they clear up for a couple weeks, WHAM, they're back and they've multiplied.

THIS

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

5/9/2018 1:52 PM

It's gotten bad these past few years.... Like, really really bad...

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

5/9/2018 4:33 PM

#NEEDANEDITOR

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

5/9/2018 4:42 PM

Hell most people get Josh Hill and Josh Hansen confused...then add in Justin vs Josh Hill...They aren't the only ones getting confused haha. Close enough.

|

5/9/2018 4:56 PM

i hope theres a full senate inquirey.

|

5/9/2018 4:56 PM

I wish I could say that I haven't made that one before. In my case it's mostly due to using a quickeys setup for nearly all the rider names. jhill will autofill as Justin Hill.

With that setup I've also pooched kcunn (Kyle Cunningham), and kchis (Kyle Chisholm).

|

5/9/2018 5:04 PM

The MXA guy at the press conference sounds like hes so old he doesnt even know how to work a computer

|

5/9/2018 5:04 PM

make1go wrote:

WE DEMAND ANSWERS!!

|

5/9/2018 5:07 PM

GuyB wrote:

I wish I could say that I haven't made that one before. In my case it's mostly due to using a quickeys setup for nearly all ...more

Whats a quickey? Is that for writing the article or captions or photo details? Seems like they made a photo error. Could you not use their race number or initials and number?

|

5/9/2018 5:11 PM

peelout wrote:

? Peelout. The gift that keeps giving. But in a good way

|

5/9/2018 6:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2018 6:20 PM

Must be right ..... Jody approved it .......

|

5/9/2018 6:46 PM

tprice07 wrote:

Hell most people get Josh Hill and Josh Hansen confused...then add in Justin vs Josh Hill...They aren't the only ones getting ...more

Except Justin has that #1 on his bike for his last race as defending champion. Easy to get confused.

|

5/9/2018 7:01 PM

it does seem more frequent. while we have that door open. I swear their reader questions are fake. they all have the same ring to them. they also have the same answers that are in their articleswhistling I think they have the answer 1st then write the questions. maybe I'm wrong. it happens a lot.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

5/9/2018 7:01 PM

I would like to publicly thank MXA. I let my subscription lapse out of sheer laziness. I have since renewed, but figured I'd miss an issue. Two days ago the June issue showed up in the mail. The wrap said something like, "Your subscription has run out, but here's the latest issue anyway. Please renew."

So, not only did I receive a free issue, they're sending me a $25 Rocky Mountain gift card for reupping another year. They are actually paying me to subscribe. Thank you, MXA!

|

5/9/2018 7:05 PM

tprice07 wrote:

Hell most people get Josh Hill and Josh Hansen confused...then add in Justin vs Josh Hill...They aren't the only ones getting ...more

The photo is of a white number plate background and the caption lists the 250 class. This seems to be a different issue

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

5/9/2018 7:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2018 7:09 PM

I agree with Harry. It's a magazine about motocross. Magazines are getting rarer by the month. My last subscription I opted for online only. I read it on my iPad. The back lit screen is easier to read than paper with the glare and all. I spent $10 on the sub. Received a $25 gift card from Rocky Mtn. I netted $15 and get to read/look at some motorcycle pics. That $15 is more money than Chicken Licks Raceway pays for first in the expert class these days.

|

5/9/2018 7:20 PM

Maybe some of you wanna-be editors can apply for the job.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

5/9/2018 7:26 PM

kb228 wrote:

The MXA guy at the press conference sounds like hes so old he doesnt even know how to work a computer

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

|

5/9/2018 7:31 PM

Hey now.... I was reading a article on the interweb the other day talking about "title-costing mistakes," and they didn't mention RJ breaking a wheel on an almost stock Yamaha that cost him a 250 outdoor championship. That same article may have mixed up a picture of "Mikes" on Kawasaki's whistling Even the best make errors!

|

My favorite rider is K.C Carlyle

5/9/2018 10:45 PM

I can already envision Trumps tweet on this topic...

MXA's Mistakes are a disgrace and reaching unpresidented levels. Despite the constant negative press covfefe they continue to report FAKE NEWS. Slippery Jody Wiesel is the worst editor ever of the failing MXA. Someone told me he's colluding with Evgeny Bobryshev a known Russian MXGP Oligarch. Everyone is saying this, Believe Me! My BFF even RFPutin buttchannelled me to confirm this news. SAD!

|

5/10/2018 12:37 AM

tk2stroke wrote:

MXA's Mistakes are a disgrace and reaching unpresidented levels. Despite ...more

Thanks for bringing politics into something that had nothing to do with it...For fuck’s sake...

Photo

|

5/10/2018 5:45 AM

make1go wrote:

zehn wrote:

WE DEMAND ANSWERS!!

can you please tell the court what you know and when you knew it..

|

5/10/2018 6:28 AM

I thought Adam only won 1 race this year?

Adam Cianciarulo–Adam rode to his sixth career victory and second of the season with his Vegas win. He is now tied for 33rd on the 250SX Class wins list. For the second consecutive season Cianciarulo has fell just two points short in the standings.

|

5/10/2018 7:16 AM

tk2stroke wrote:

MXA's Mistakes are a disgrace and reaching unpresidented levels. Despite ...more

omalley wrote:

Thanks for bringing politics into something that had nothing to do with it...For fuck’s sake...

Photo

You're welcome, happy to provide a dose of butthurt to those who can't handle truth

|

5/10/2018 7:35 AM

Whitey wrote:

I thought Adam only won 1 race this year?

Adam Cianciarulo–Adam rode to his sixth career victory and second of the season ...more

Just saw this as well and it has me thinking. Maybe MXA makes these "mistakes" on purpose so they get more clicks, as I only read the article to see the mistake the OP pointed out haha

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

5/10/2018 3:30 PM

tk2stroke wrote:

omalley wrote:

Photo

tk2stroke wrote:

You're welcome, happy to provide a dose of butthurt to those who can't handle truth

It has nothing to do with handling “truth.” Before you get on your high horse, ive handled “truth” in my career that would have most citizens barfing their last three days’ worth of meals.
My comment has everything to do with being sick and tired of peoples’ need to insert politics into discussions that have nothing to do with it. There’s a million places I can go on the Internet to see people rant on both sides. This shouldn’t be one of them, which is the reason GuyB and ML typically clip political threads. It has nothing to do with “handling the truth.”

|

5/10/2018 7:54 PM

A couple of weeks back Racer X released a list of the winningest riders in 250 Supercross and they left off Musquin and Dungey. They even have the Racer X Vault and they still got it wrong. Perhaps some sites don't spend much time proof reading.

|