Another James Stewart thread honest question.

level
3/13/2018 1:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/17/2018 1:14pm
Does anybody have any actual intel of whether we will ever see him line up again to race? Serious question or maybe nobody really knows.
|
jrrundle
3/13/2018 1:39pm
My guess is that everyone making such a big deal about his absence is making him into a recluse.
Asimo
3/13/2018 1:39pm
It was over when he got the Wada suspension IMO.

Some need an injury or good scare, that was it for him. Again, IMO. He didn't even do RBSR this last year.
Monk
3/13/2018 1:46pm
I heard he might line up for a WORCS race... Tongue
thorns
3/13/2018 1:52pm
125cc Dream Race

The Shop

MXMiKEMX
3/13/2018 1:55pm
I think it is clear by now that we will never hear from or see JS7 again.

Roger Larson said we will hear from JS7 soon.

It was common knowledge that JS7 asked the AMA not to give away his number.

Mookie hinted that we would see JS7 after he had his second baby.

I personally think it is all marketing to promote the Seven brand.

There were also rumors that he would do the Tampa race, or Daytona. Both have passed and he is still silent.

I think if he was going to show up at a race, to attempt to earn the 25 points to keep his number, he would have done so by now.
Trudare69
3/13/2018 1:56pm
thorns wrote:
125cc Dream Race
This happening would melt down the Vital server, he likely wouldn't win but who cares?
hartebreak
Fantasy
246th
3/13/2018 1:57pm
James Stewart is the Barry Sanders of motocross. Was arguably the best ever, leaves in mid career. Everyone has high hopes for a comeback, but then too many years go by and he realizes any comeback would now come with disappointing results. Too much water has gone under the bridge at this point.
Scull79
3/13/2018 1:57pm
thorns wrote:
125cc Dream Race
most likely to happen in your dreams
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/13/2018 1:58pm
level wrote:
Does anybody have any actual intel of whether we will ever see him line up again to race? Serious question or maybe nobody really knows.
I don't really know. My take? I'd love to see him ride again...if he wants to be out there.

But...we just had races in Tampa and Daytona. It doesn't get any closer to home for him. As far as I know, he didn't make an appearance at either one of those venues. I know it's not that far off from the arrival of his family's second child, but if his absence is an indicator of his interest level, I'd say he's done.
MXMiKEMX
3/13/2018 2:03pm
Our sport / WADA / Feld / and the fans have taken advantage of Stewart to make money.

The more drama there was around JS7, the more money they made.

Who else can ride near last place, and get TV coverage, hold his line when Marvin and RD5 were battling, and still make headlines?

Or getting popped for taking prescribed ADHD medicine that other riders were taking as well and get banned for a year? Though headlines were not Stewart taking prescribed ADHD medication, the same medication that RD5 was taking, though didn't fill out proper paper work. It was Stewart gets banned for doing drugs, or taking illegal substances.

There are so many other examples it is sickening. If I was JS7, with the amount of money he has. . . I would disappear too.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
3/13/2018 2:10pm
MXMiKEMX wrote:
Our sport / WADA / Feld / and the fans have taken advantage of Stewart to make money. The more drama there was around JS7, the...
Our sport / WADA / Feld / and the fans have taken advantage of Stewart to make money.

Who else can ride near last place, and get TV coverage, hold his line when Marvin and RD5 were battling, and still make headlines?

Or getting popped for taking prescribed ADHD medicine that other riders were taking as well and get banned for a year? Though headlines were not Stewart taking prescribed ADHD medication, the same medication that RD5 was taking, though didn't fill out proper paper work. It was Stewart gets banned for doing drugs, or taking illegal substances.

There are so many other examples it is sickening. If I was JS7, with the amount of money he has. . . I would disappear too.
X2
3/13/2018 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2018 2:13pm
level wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I don't really know. My take? I'd love to see him ride again...if he wants to be out there. But...we just had races in Tampa and...
I don't really know. My take? I'd love to see him ride again...if he wants to be out there.

But...we just had races in Tampa and Daytona. It doesn't get any closer to home for him. As far as I know, he didn't make an appearance at either one of those venues. I know it's not that far off from the arrival of his family's second child, but if his absence is an indicator of his interest level, I'd say he's done.
He can’t even go enjoy spectating without being harassed, I’d agree he’s over it. The bombardment of fans and media must really suck. If I was him I’d be at the golf course and spending time with my kids and family.
Ryno23
Fantasy
779th
3/13/2018 2:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2018 2:18pm
GuyB wrote:
I don't really know. My take? I'd love to see him ride again...if he wants to be out there. But...we just had races in Tampa and...

This is what I think too. He is done and just throws enough speculation out there to keep his brand going perhaps.

I say we ban anymore JS threads until someone ACTUALLY sees him race a motorcycle again?? PLEASE????
dirtnapper
3/13/2018 2:32pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2018 2:36pm
There is a recent J Law thread that won't go away about people still pleading / wishing for a comeback from him, a has-been who won three races and a regional title. 10 years ago. And people are STILL hoping he "comes back".

Heres my question - are we going to be seeing threads on Vital in 2026 - 2030 wondering about a Stewart comeback?? Dry ( please God no.... )

If certain Vital fan-tards keep it up for a loser who really contributed nothing to the sport, how long will they keep it up for an actual phenomenal talent, a guy who broke new ground and actually contributed to the sport?? Wondering / hoping for a comeback?

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!! Pinch
TommyLee93
3/13/2018 3:39pm
hartebreak wrote:
James Stewart is the Barry Sanders of motocross. Was arguably the best ever, leaves in mid career. Everyone has high hopes for a comeback, but then...
James Stewart is the Barry Sanders of motocross. Was arguably the best ever, leaves in mid career. Everyone has high hopes for a comeback, but then too many years go by and he realizes any comeback would now come with disappointing results. Too much water has gone under the bridge at this point.
mid career... Are you serious?
Ryno23
Fantasy
779th
3/13/2018 3:39pm
Tell us how you really feel dirtnapper... Laughing
3/13/2018 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2018 3:45pm
A stewy and Jlaw in the same week ... and I do feel 7 was a little past mid career point . No?
Tryhard
3/13/2018 3:51pm
I mean honestly , I get the fact that fans are pissed about him not coming back after he said he was going to ... I get that totally be a man of your word .. But , fact of the matter is and you can see it in all of the other champs . He maybe tired of the grind , He has children and a wife , he maybe dedicating his valuable time to them , maybe bringing up another stewart legacy on the bike ... who knows .. The guy is a human being , and as we would all love to see him race again , screw anyone who judges him for not . It's his life , and he has spend his entire childhood life and most of adult racing to make a future , that he may want to enjoy with those who mean the most... not wreck and possibly become paralyzed , or not be able to hold his child . really who knows .. put it to rest honestly.
js451
3/13/2018 3:52pm
MXMiKEMX wrote:
I think it is clear by now that we will never hear from or see JS7 again. Roger Larson said we will hear from JS7 soon...
I think it is clear by now that we will never hear from or see JS7 again.

Roger Larson said we will hear from JS7 soon.

It was common knowledge that JS7 asked the AMA not to give away his number.

Mookie hinted that we would see JS7 after he had his second baby.

I personally think it is all marketing to promote the Seven brand.

There were also rumors that he would do the Tampa race, or Daytona. Both have passed and he is still silent.

I think if he was going to show up at a race, to attempt to earn the 25 points to keep his number, he would have done so by now.
I really think James asked to keep his number so that Mookie could eventually take it over, hence mookie going from 47 to 27.
We will not see james race again. I think james left the option open and wanted to race at various times but it is too late now.
3/13/2018 3:58pm
MXMiKEMX wrote:
Our sport / WADA / Feld / and the fans have taken advantage of Stewart to make money. The more drama there was around JS7, the...

I don't think it counts as taking advantage of somebody if they are also making millions.
mark_swart
3/13/2018 4:13pm
Here's the thing... this sport can actually allow for a graceful exit when you are a guy of Stewart's status. Think back to KW, and even RC. I'm sure Feld would recognize that having Stewart coming out to opening ceremonies for a few rounds would be as good for them as it would be for his personal brand.

But eventually... that relevance will go stale, and it gets closer to expiration date every day. I know he doesn't owe anyone anything, but as a PR guy, it just makes no sense to me for the sake of his legacy, or the gear line he is attempting to market.

Maybe it is just denial, who knows.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/13/2018 4:17pm
Ryno23 wrote:
This is what I think too. He is done and just throws enough speculation out there to keep his brand going perhaps. I say we ban...
This is what I think too. He is done and just throws enough speculation out there to keep his brand going perhaps.

I say we ban anymore JS threads until someone ACTUALLY sees him race a motorcycle again?? PLEASE????
I almost considered taking your thread seriously. Then I made the mistake of looking at your avatar again. Wink
chump6784
3/13/2018 4:27pm
Didn't James say once that when he was done he would just disappear and no one would hear from him again? I'm paraphrasing but I'm sure i remember seeing him say something along those lines
ruy
3/13/2018 4:42pm

Ryno23
Fantasy
779th
3/13/2018 5:01pm
GuyB wrote:
I almost considered taking your thread seriously. Then I made the mistake of looking at your avatar again. Wink
The key word here is "again".... LOL. Sick I guess I could go with something different. It's been the same since 2010. Laughing
ruy
3/13/2018 5:09pm

3/13/2018 5:12pm
level wrote:
GuyB wrote:

Hell he didn’t even turn up to his James Stewart Spring National for the Amateurs at Freestone. That’s when my thoughts said thats it he’s done with moto period
gerg
3/13/2018 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2018 5:18pm
His supporters all need to face the fact he gave them the middle finger.

There's some who for whatever reason think he doesn't owe anyone an explanation. Call me old school but I think that's bullshit...he built a fan base who supported him and to this day are wondering about his movements the decent thing to do is make an announcement.

I think he's done and it's past the point of announcing anything now and if he never races again it shows what kind of person he is. A blazing fast rider with no strength of character.

I was never a huge fan but I have always been amazed with the things he could do on a bike and I would prefer that he was still racing tbh. If he was to line up at a supercross race and holeshot I would probably go nuts.
ruy
3/13/2018 5:22pm

Post a reply to: Another James Stewart thread honest question.

The Latest