Another Dungey *

JLong
Edited Date/Time 5/9/2016 4:43pm
*10 wins.

|
Crush
5/9/2016 7:44am
Alessi and Savatgy disagree. Or agree. I'm not sure.
JPT
5/9/2016 7:47am
Big RD fan but he messed up. 9 solid wins.
agn5009
5/9/2016 7:51am
JPT wrote:
Big RD fan but he messed up. 9 solid wins.
No he didn't mess up. The flagger messed up. End of story.

The Shop

5/9/2016 8:00am
I'd put this in the same category as leading a race and having a last lap mechanical failure, or getting kamikazed by an out of control lapper right before the checkered flag.

Taking away the win AFTER the checkers may of been a first; but surely most of the Top Wins guys all have a race or two they know they *should've* won, but didn't due to something out of their control (I know the tail end of that statement is up for debate)
5/9/2016 8:04am
I'll add this.. Saying Dungey "messed up" is the same as saying Dungey said to himself "red cross flag? nah, I'm jumping anyways". IF he saw it, he saw it once he was at the point of no return and it was too late to not jump.
cali11
5/9/2016 8:56am
Jeez you guys talking about this again?
Slowdude
5/9/2016 9:28am
I'd put this in the same category as leading a race and having a last lap mechanical failure, or getting kamikazed by an out of control...
I'd put this in the same category as leading a race and having a last lap mechanical failure, or getting kamikazed by an out of control lapper right before the checkered flag.

Taking away the win AFTER the checkers may of been a first; but surely most of the Top Wins guys all have a race or two they know they *should've* won, but didn't due to something out of their control (I know the tail end of that statement is up for debate)
Agreed, it is like 2011 when 2 mechanicals cost him 2 championships.
EEE299
5/9/2016 9:35am
9 wins. Things happen but what's done is done. Still another number 1 plate either way.
5/9/2016 9:36am
Slowdude wrote:
Agreed, it is like 2011 when 2 mechanicals cost him 2 championships.
Refresh my memory. Was that the one where, in Texas, Dungey's Suzuki had engine failure on the last lap of the second moto while leading? That's 25 points gone, and no one can afford that against the likes of Villopoto.

(Referring to AMA Motocross here; Supercross is a meaningless, embarrassing freak show.)
mx836
5/9/2016 9:42am
Refresh my memory. Was that the one where, in Texas, Dungey's Suzuki had engine failure on the last lap of the second moto while leading? That's...
Refresh my memory. Was that the one where, in Texas, Dungey's Suzuki had engine failure on the last lap of the second moto while leading? That's 25 points gone, and no one can afford that against the likes of Villopoto.

(Referring to AMA Motocross here; Supercross is a meaningless, embarrassing freak show.)
Yes, boiled fuel actually.
JPT
5/9/2016 9:50am
I'll add this.. Saying Dungey "messed up" is the same as saying Dungey said to himself [i][b]"red cross flag? nah, I'm jumping anyways"[/b][/i]. IF he saw...
I'll add this.. Saying Dungey "messed up" is the same as saying Dungey said to himself "red cross flag? nah, I'm jumping anyways". IF he saw it, he saw it once he was at the point of no return and it was too late to not jump.
No it's not the same. You're describing an intentional violation of the rules. He screwed up either because he was so focused on what he was doing he didn't see the flag or it didn't register in time for him to respond. It's the rider's responsibility to be aware of the flags on the track, often easier said than done but there's no other way for it to work.

As for it being the flaggers fault I would say that the AMA reviewed the tapes and if there was any way they could pin it on the guy no one knows versus the fair haired points leader they would have done it.
5/9/2016 9:54am
mx836 wrote:
You know what? I never heard what that was. No smoke, no nothing. The bike just switched off.

Makes sense. Thanks.
bultokid
5/9/2016 10:16am
Funny as the nut huggers that say he wouldn't have won if so and so raced
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
5/9/2016 10:24am
Refresh my memory. Was that the one where, in Texas, Dungey's Suzuki had engine failure on the last lap of the second moto while leading? That's...

mx836 wrote:
He also had a bike problem at southwick that left him nearly a lap down in Moto 2. Without those two mechanical's he would have had another 35 points.
IWreckALot
5/9/2016 11:53am
What is the * about this time? Did he have another penalty this race or are we just bringing up the cross flag jumping again?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
5/9/2016 11:58am
IWreckALot wrote:
What is the * about this time? Did he have another penalty this race or are we just bringing up the cross flag jumping again?
They havent talked about the red cross flag jumping enough yet
SigPig
5/9/2016 11:59am
Dungey took 10 main event checkered flags first. Full stop.
downard254
5/9/2016 12:02pm
IWreckALot wrote:
WHAT? Dungey jumped on a red cross flag. No, I hadn't heard that!Wink
5/9/2016 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2016 12:05pm

mx836 wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
He also had a bike problem at southwick that left him nearly a lap down in Moto 2. Without those two mechanical's he would have had...
He also had a bike problem at southwick that left him nearly a lap down in Moto 2. Without those two mechanical's he would have had another 35 points.
...and the chain coming off at Anaheim 2, last place. Lost the title by 10 points.
Frodad78
5/9/2016 12:38pm
The boiled fuel deal was Freestone I believe. It was Damn hot that day.
5/9/2016 4:40pm

That last sentence should be qoute of the year

Post a reply to: Another Dungey *

The Latest