Another Coffin-Nail For Four-Strokes

raddad
8/24/2010 2:35pm
raddad wrote:
doneSmile
newmann wrote:
That was quick! Easy sell for the 2 stroke. How many would have jumped on a five year old 250F for $2200.00? Not me.
It helps that its an 06 with sss suspension and other uipdates after 05 thats for sure and also that its kind of special!
8/24/2010 5:45pm
Sweet Smell, Sweet Sound, Sweet Feeling...[img]http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/AndyMaXSM/Yamalube.jpg[/img]
Sweet Smell, Sweet Sound, Sweet Feeling...
Nick 728 wrote:
Biggest pieces of crap I am so glad four strokes arrived , but youguys can keep your pipey , no hooking up two strokes , while...
Biggest pieces of crap I am so glad four strokes arrived , but youguys can keep your pipey , no hooking up two strokes , while I'm motoring past you on todays modern bluegroved mx track , they dont do to bad in the sand either where the two strokes are suposed to rule
Dude, Im sorry you are stuck on Blue Groove, That must blow.
Oh, and by the way BRAAAAPPPPPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAPAP
CR250Rider
8/24/2010 7:40pm
Suns_PSD wrote:
I don't understand why Suzuki doesn't just drop their existing RM250 engine into the sweetest handling chassis currently available? The RMZ250 chassis. They would sell them...
I don't understand why Suzuki doesn't just drop their existing RM250 engine into the sweetest handling chassis currently available? The RMZ250 chassis.

They would sell them by the truck load and development costs would be nill. For that matter all of the manufacturers could/ should do a similiar thing.
the mfgs could build the bike of our dreams, imagine a 300cc smoker in that chassis!!

lose some weight, too.

200 lb rm250 smoker ( that was bored to 300cc)

IT WOULD BE AN INSTANT HIT !
westyz
8/25/2010 3:37am
no unfortunately Kawasaki and honda dropped the 2 strokes in 2008 / 2009 here in the UK was massive shame, but suzuki still sticking with them and on their UK website it says they are still committed to 2 stroke technology! http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/bike/rm250k9/

The Shop

dlowe102
8/25/2010 7:40am
Im still in search of the official ama release. But ill find it and you should apologize to me when I do.
I have found these posts.

This is directly from the AMA, as I have a 150R myself in D16. They say that the 150 will probably never be legal in the 85 class. They say they "want to keep the costs down for families just entering mx. 4 strokes are so much more expensive, it might scare away new mx families." Yeah.. Ok... A 150 Class will probably be introduced in the next couple years, but until then, its the tracks decision.

Baja is as fair as they come around here.
My buddy (AMA rep D-14) just dropped me message about the 150R and class distinction.

"AMA Congress was last weekend. The 150 will remain in the Supermini and JR fourstroke class (12-16 up to 250) only. It will never be in the 85 class nor will the AMA ever allow a oversized four stroke in the smaller cc classes. (i.e. a 90cc four stroke in the 65 class) Reason is because of the high cost to maintain a four stroke."

Not sure about the "ever" and "never" words, but it looks like the 150R will be in the bigger classes for some time to come...
SCIENCE
8/25/2010 8:02am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2010 8:05am
Great thread Rupert. Tried the 4 stroke thing mid 2000's and went back to a YZ250 in '08. I have more fun on a 2T any day of the week and am still smiling every time I fire it up. To be fair, the CRF450's I had ('04 and '06) were great bikes and with proper maint they worked well for me. However, I developed major lazy habits on the 450's and had too many close calls. On my 2 stroke, I know where my limits are and stick to them. Most on here would have to admit that there are more than one individual on a 450F at their track/riding area etc, that is/are doing obstacles/sections, that he/she have no business doing. The bikes make it too easy. Yes, I know that there are some A/Pro's and fast Am's that can use the power effectively and that you can get hurt on any motorcycle. Costs aside (and the two strokes have gone up way to high for new) did I mention "How much fun it is to wring out a two stroke?" In the end that is what it is all about.
Rupert X
8/25/2010 1:43pm

Remember the Nationals just a few short years ago ?

Remember that wonderful smell as the pack screamed by the first corner ?

It was airborne heaven.

Aaaah, Those were days.

If you want it at home, here's the recipe: If you have an attached garage, fire up your weedwacker or anything two-smoker with Elf Fuel or any expensive race-gas mixed with Bel-Ray, Klotz, Maxima or any smelly oil...then, in kitchen, in your wife's wok (yes, wok)
burn up some onions, clutch plates, a little commercial weed, some beer, suntan lotion (SPF 15) , a cut-up hot-dog, burger, bratwurst, Chanel #5 (or 6), bacon-bits and a splash of Engine-Ice - cook at high-heat until you hear REEEED BUDDDD (or wife screaming at you...). Holla.

mxb2
8/25/2010 1:59pm
Yo rupert were you at briar cliff tuesnite? Any fast dudes there?
SwapperMX
8/25/2010 2:45pm
Rupert X wrote:
Remember the Nationals just a few short years ago ? Remember that wonderful smell as the pack screamed by the first corner ? It was airborne...

It was airborne heaven.

Aaaah, Those were days.

If you want it at home, here's the recipe: If you have an attached garage, fire up your weedwacker or anything two-smoker with Elf Fuel or any expensive race-gas mixed with Bel-Ray, Klotz, Maxima or any smelly oil...then, in kitchen, in your wife's wok (yes, wok)
burn up some onions, clutch plates, a little commercial weed, some beer, suntan lotion (SPF 15) , a cut-up hot-dog, burger, bratwurst, Chanel #5 (or 6), bacon-bits and a splash of Engine-Ice - cook at high-heat until you hear REEEED BUDDDD (or wife screaming at you...). Holla.

NICE !!!!!

I laughed for 5 minutes. I really gotta get to a REEEED BUUUUUUUUD national !!!!!!
SwapperMX
8/25/2010 2:47pm
Rupert X wrote:
Remember the Nationals just a few short years ago ? Remember that wonderful smell as the pack screamed by the first corner ? It was airborne...

It was airborne heaven.

Aaaah, Those were days.

NICE !!!!!

I laughed for 5 minutes. I really gotta get to a REEEED BUUUUUUUUD national !!!!!!
Rupert X
8/25/2010 2:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2010 2:51pm
mxb2 wrote:

Yup. Dude from Germany, #375 on Kaw, Willy Browning, Jeffro Gibson, Shawn Rife

(Canadian series MX2 thrasher from Scotland by way of California and Ohio and

Team Puerto-Rico/ American Samoa) and a bunch of dudes that have unpronounceable

names, hot girlfriends, crappy vans and smelly shoes with initials on 'em.

I rode faster than Bubba tweets.
SwapperMX
8/25/2010 2:48pm
Rupert X wrote:

It was airborne heaven.

Aaaah, Those were days.

NICE !!!!!

mxb2
8/25/2010 3:00pm
mxb2 wrote:
Rupert X wrote:
Yup. Dude from Germany, #375 on Kaw, Willy Browning, Jeffro Gibson, Shawn Rife (Canadian series MX2 thrasher from Scotland by way of California and Ohio and...

Yup. Dude from Germany, #375 on Kaw, Willy Browning, Jeffro Gibson, Shawn Rife

(Canadian series MX2 thrasher from Scotland by way of California and Ohio and

Team Puerto-Rico/ American Samoa) and a bunch of dudes that have unpronounceable

names, hot girlfriends, crappy vans and smelly shoes with initials on 'em.

I rode faster than Bubba tweets.
Was Spanky there on his new KTM? If your not going to the wick this weekend. FLY MX in Sardis is having a pro money race sunday, I told Willyb about it but he probably won t be back in time from the wick. A good opportunity for a local fast guy to make some cash!

Post a reply to: Another Coffin-Nail For Four-Strokes

The Latest