Another 2019 450 Shootout is Live

ML512
Fantasy
54th
Edited Date/Time 8/29/2018 9:23pm
Transworld Motocross just released their 2019 450 Shootout video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=a28ZFg1HiZ8

Fairly similar results to our own. If you haven’t checked ours out yet: https://www.vitalmx.com/features/2019-Vital-MX-450-Shootout,6162?
|
8/27/2018 5:17pm
Are you posting your litpro data?

And I assume still inconsistancies in dyno?

If you still need to dyno - maybe a 1/4 throttle set of runs would be informative too
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/27/2018 5:19pm
Are you posting your litpro data? And I assume still inconsistancies in dyno? If you still need to dyno - maybe a 1/4 throttle set of...
Are you posting your litpro data?

And I assume still inconsistancies in dyno?

If you still need to dyno - maybe a 1/4 throttle set of runs would be informative too
I just received some LITPro data sheets a few mins ago, I'm going to look over them after dinner and figure out how to display them.

Dyno-wise, I'm a bit SOL at the moment. I haven't found anyone who's ran all the '19 450s to do an over-lay and I'm unable to gather all the media bikes again for another go. I'm gonna make some more calls tomorrow.
8/27/2018 6:17pm
Michael you new this as you brought it up in another forum that you, and Keefer were in.

My opinion of the three of you pretty much coincides most of the time.
What kind of respect, or attitude do you have for the guys over at Transworld like.....
Don Maeda, Pat Foster, and Rich Taylor?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/27/2018 6:34pm
Michael you new this as you brought it up in another forum that you, and Keefer were in. My opinion of the three of you pretty...
Michael you new this as you brought it up in another forum that you, and Keefer were in.

What kind of respect, or attitude do you have for the guys over at Transworld like.....
I respect the hell out of all three of them. From a testing standpoint I value all three’s opinions, Pat and Rich stand out as some of the best in the business. I talk to Donn every couple days, we were just co-ordinating our flights for an upcoming Yamah intro so we can get fly back early enough to do industry cup the next day.

Staff-wise I’d say we all get along pretty well. I chat with Keefer and Donn a couple times a week and get along really well with everyone at TWMX, RacerX, DirtBike and quite a few others. MXA is the only sticking point and that’s not related to the whole staff there either.

The Shop

8/27/2018 6:40pm
Michael you new this as you brought it up in another forum that you, and Keefer were in. My opinion of the three of you pretty...

ML512 wrote:
I respect the hell out of all three of them. From a testing standpoint I value all three’s opinions, Pat and Rich stand out as some...
I respect the hell out of all three of them. From a testing standpoint I value all three’s opinions, Pat and Rich stand out as some of the best in the business. I talk to Donn every couple days, we were just co-ordinating our flights for an upcoming Yamah intro so we can get fly back early enough to do industry cup the next day.

Staff-wise I’d say we all get along pretty well. I chat with Keefer and Donn a couple times a week and get along really well with everyone at TWMX, RacerX, DirtBike and quite a few others. MXA is the only sticking point and that’s not related to the whole staff there either.
Sure like to see you guys out here in the Midwest ripping some dirt up with the bike test.
8/28/2018 7:14am

ML512 wrote:
I respect the hell out of all three of them. From a testing standpoint I value all three’s opinions, Pat and Rich stand out as some...

What are the odds MXA ranks the KTM/husky number 1, in your opinion
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/28/2018 7:19am
What are the odds MXA ranks the KTM/husky number 1, in your opinion
I think there's a chance but actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't based on something I heard.
BobPA
8/28/2018 7:30am
Are there any east coast based tests? I watch all the shootout videos and the tracks are all wide open, hard packed, freeways. It looks nothing like what we ride here in the east. I thinks tracks on the east are, as a whole, tighter and rougher....with rocks. I’d like to see tests based on something other than So Cal moon dirt. I’m guessing the Honda would clean up in an east coast shootout. The Yamaha would be no where near the top. For me, and my friends who have ridden them, I think the really struggle in rutted tighter turns.

Really want to ride the new Kawi.
c0ncEpT
8/28/2018 7:39am
BobPA wrote:
Are there any east coast based tests? I watch all the shootout videos and the tracks are all wide open, hard packed, freeways. It looks nothing...
Are there any east coast based tests? I watch all the shootout videos and the tracks are all wide open, hard packed, freeways. It looks nothing like what we ride here in the east. I thinks tracks on the east are, as a whole, tighter and rougher....with rocks. I’d like to see tests based on something other than So Cal moon dirt. I’m guessing the Honda would clean up in an east coast shootout. The Yamaha would be no where near the top. For me, and my friends who have ridden them, I think the really struggle in rutted tighter turns.

I agree with the whole east coat west coast thing.

All the shootouts are done on west coast tracks that resemble what looks like dusty concrete.

It would be great to see one done in the mid west or east coast where the tracks are deep, rough, and rutted.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/28/2018 7:43am
BobPA wrote:
Are there any east coast based tests? I watch all the shootout videos and the tracks are all wide open, hard packed, freeways. It looks nothing...

c0ncEpT wrote:
I agree with the whole east coat west coast thing. All the shootouts are done on west coast tracks that resemble what looks like dusty concrete...

All the shootouts are done on west coast tracks that resemble what looks like dusty concrete.

It would be great to see one done in the mid west or east coast where the tracks are deep, rough, and rutted.
Sadly, it's all we have out here. We don't have anything close to what you guys have back east.

I'd have to think everything it's always done out here because the manufactures are out here and it would take too much to transport them back east
8/28/2018 8:23am
c0ncEpT wrote:
I agree with the whole east coat west coast thing. All the shootouts are done on west coast tracks that resemble what looks like dusty concrete...

Cahuilla is far from dusty concrete.
Deetsmx
8/28/2018 8:36am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Sadly, it's all we have out here. We don't have anything close to what you guys have back east. I'd have to think everything it's always...
Sadly, it's all we have out here. We don't have anything close to what you guys have back east.

I'd have to think everything it's always done out here because the manufactures are out here and it would take too much to transport them back east
There is a place just up the road Whistling

NeedMoto
8/28/2018 9:51am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Sadly, it's all we have out here. We don't have anything close to what you guys have back east. I'd have to think everything it's always...

Deetsmx wrote:
There is a place just up the road :whistle: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/28/283533/s1200_26504F2A_4CDB_45D8_A5ED_89AA8E353BC1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/28/283534/s1200_068FA41B_B3AD_4256_AD8B_20C07E022315.jpg[/img]

Yep... DT1 is kick-ass!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/28/2018 9:57am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Deetsmx wrote:
There is a place just up the road :whistle: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/28/283533/s1200_26504F2A_4CDB_45D8_A5ED_89AA8E353BC1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/28/283534/s1200_068FA41B_B3AD_4256_AD8B_20C07E022315.jpg[/img]

Haha I love it up there. Haven't ridden since it was still Tulare though. I do want to get back up there soon because the dirt was awesome. I remember after riding there we left the bikes in the garage through the week without washing them and the garage smelled like crap! haha. It was worth it though and the track looks way better now.
thorns
8/29/2018 10:15pm
I see dirtbike mag has their 13min 450 test up, they only pick the winner ..... KX
Just finished watching that as well.

I seriously thought with the way they were talking that they were going to give a participation trophy to every bike and call it a draw.

Post a reply to: Another 2019 450 Shootout is Live

The Latest