Another 2019 450 Shootout is Live

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2018 3:42 PM

Transworld Motocross just released their 2019 450 Shootout video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=a28ZFg1HiZ8

Fairly similar results to our own. If you haven’t checked ours out yet: https://www.vitalmx.com/features/2019-Vital-MX-450-Shootout,6162?

|

8/27/2018 5:17 PM

Are you posting your litpro data?

And I assume still inconsistancies in dyno?

If you still need to dyno - maybe a 1/4 throttle set of runs would be informative too

|

8/27/2018 5:19 PM

Derek Harris wrote:

Are you posting your litpro data?

And I assume still inconsistancies in dyno?

If you still need to dyno - maybe a 1/4 ...more

I just received some LITPro data sheets a few mins ago, I'm going to look over them after dinner and figure out how to display them.

Dyno-wise, I'm a bit SOL at the moment. I haven't found anyone who's ran all the '19 450s to do an over-lay and I'm unable to gather all the media bikes again for another go. I'm gonna make some more calls tomorrow.

|

8/27/2018 6:17 PM

Michael you new this as you brought it up in another forum that you, and Keefer were in.

My opinion of the three of you pretty much coincides most of the time.
What kind of respect, or attitude do you have for the guys over at Transworld like.....
Don Maeda, Pat Foster, and Rich Taylor?

|

8/27/2018 6:34 PM

Keep_Riding78 wrote:

Michael you new this as you brought it up in another forum that you, and Keefer were in.

My opinion of the three of you ...more

I respect the hell out of all three of them. From a testing standpoint I value all three’s opinions, Pat and Rich stand out as some of the best in the business. I talk to Donn every couple days, we were just co-ordinating our flights for an upcoming Yamah intro so we can get fly back early enough to do industry cup the next day.

Staff-wise I’d say we all get along pretty well. I chat with Keefer and Donn a couple times a week and get along really well with everyone at TWMX, RacerX, DirtBike and quite a few others. MXA is the only sticking point and that’s not related to the whole staff there either.

|

8/27/2018 6:40 PM

Keep_Riding78 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I respect the hell out of all three of them. From a testing standpoint I value all three’s opinions, Pat and Rich stand out as ...more

Sure like to see you guys out here in the Midwest ripping some dirt up with the bike test.

|

8/28/2018 7:14 AM

Keep_Riding78 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I respect the hell out of all three of them. From a testing standpoint I value all three’s opinions, Pat and Rich stand out as ...more

What are the odds MXA ranks the KTM/husky number 1, in your opinion

|

8/28/2018 7:19 AM

Derek Harris wrote:

What are the odds MXA ranks the KTM/husky number 1, in your opinion

I think there's a chance but actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't based on something I heard.

|

8/28/2018 7:28 AM

Man, i really want to see those dyno numbers! unsure

|

8/28/2018 7:30 AM

Are there any east coast based tests? I watch all the shootout videos and the tracks are all wide open, hard packed, freeways. It looks nothing like what we ride here in the east. I thinks tracks on the east are, as a whole, tighter and rougher....with rocks. I’d like to see tests based on something other than So Cal moon dirt. I’m guessing the Honda would clean up in an east coast shootout. The Yamaha would be no where near the top. For me, and my friends who have ridden them, I think the really struggle in rutted tighter turns.

Really want to ride the new Kawi.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/28/2018 7:39 AM

BobPA wrote:

Are there any east coast based tests? I watch all the shootout videos and the tracks are all wide open, hard packed, freeways. ...more

I agree with the whole east coat west coast thing.

All the shootouts are done on west coast tracks that resemble what looks like dusty concrete.

It would be great to see one done in the mid west or east coast where the tracks are deep, rough, and rutted.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Yeti SB130LR.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

8/28/2018 7:43 AM

BobPA wrote:

Are there any east coast based tests? I watch all the shootout videos and the tracks are all wide open, hard packed, freeways. ...more

c0ncEpT wrote:

All the shootouts are done on west coast tracks that resemble what looks ...more

Sadly, it's all we have out here. We don't have anything close to what you guys have back east.

I'd have to think everything it's always done out here because the manufactures are out here and it would take too much to transport them back east

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

8/28/2018 8:23 AM

c0ncEpT wrote:

All the shootouts are done on west coast tracks that resemble what looks ...more

Cahuilla is far from dusty concrete.

|

8/28/2018 8:36 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Sadly, it's all we have out here. We don't have anything close to what you guys have back east.

I'd have to think everything ...more

There is a place just up the road whistling Photo
Photo

|

www.cheaptearoffs.com

Like us on facebook for weekly sx contests with prizes, discounts, and updates

Cheaptearoffs.com Facebook page

8/28/2018 9:51 AM

c0ncEpT wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Deetsmx wrote:

Photo

Yep... DT1 is kick-ass!

|

8/28/2018 9:57 AM

c0ncEpT wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Deetsmx wrote:

Photo

Haha I love it up there. Haven't ridden since it was still Tulare though. I do want to get back up there soon because the dirt was awesome. I remember after riding there we left the bikes in the garage through the week without washing them and the garage smelled like crap! haha. It was worth it though and the track looks way better now.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

8/29/2018 9:23 PM

I see dirtbike mag has their 13min 450 test up, they only pick the winner ..... KX

|

Melbourne, Australia. Current rides: '11 RMZ450, '84 CR500, '06 DRZ400, '79 KX250 with 400 engine, '06 GSXR1000 full Yosh racebike.

8/29/2018 10:15 PM

Johnny89superbike wrote:

I see dirtbike mag has their 13min 450 test up, they only pick the winner ..... KX

Just finished watching that as well.

I seriously thought with the way they were talking that they were going to give a participation trophy to every bike and call it a draw.

|

Current: 2010 TM 250MX
Previous: 2012 KX450f, 2009 K8 RM250, 2012 RMZ250, 2008 YZ125