Announcing in other sports

Excaliburbmx
1/14/2019 7:34am
I half heartingly watched some football yesterday and after all the shade Ralph and Ricky get I paid attention to the announcing. I see way more mistakes in other sports than ours.

Are we too critical??
|
DonM
1/14/2019 7:38am
I half heartingly watched some football yesterday and after all the shade Ralph and Ricky get I paid attention to the announcing. I see way more...
I half heartingly watched some football yesterday and after all the shade Ralph and Ricky get I paid attention to the announcing. I see way more mistakes in other sports than ours.

Are we too critical??
Yes...
flatout111
1/14/2019 7:50am
The only other sports I watch is hockey. Canadian hockey like Hockey Night in Canada absolutely destroy our sports broadcasts. US hockey, about on par with what we have, maybe a touch better.

A lot if it is finances, though. HNIC hires the creme of the crop. And it shows in every way in the entire presentation.
flatout111
1/14/2019 8:07am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2019 8:12am
I think Ralph is fine. I thought Jeff was fine. Not as insightful as I wanted but still fine. RC will be ok with work.

Guy's, let's face it. We are not getting Art and David back or anything close to them. That was a magical time and era, even in racing. Weege is obviously awesome but was up for it and they passed. GL is fine but I don't think he's much different than anyone else we've had.

I didn't like Despain and Meyers and yes, Huffman was fun but most of it wouldn't fly in 2019.

So thst leaves us with? I'm not really wanting Blair there though I guess you could do him and Holley. But is thst substantially better. Plus who does RDL? I would like Todd Harris for the pbp night show, maybe?

I'm ok with Ralph but I swear I think we maybe just need a change so there can be complaints about someone else for a while. And you know it woukd happen. The guy wants to be there and loves the sport. And is professional. Maybe that's good enough for me.

But no, it isn't Art and David or even close.
Donovan759
1/14/2019 8:09am
I half heartingly watched some football yesterday and after all the shade Ralph and Ricky get I paid attention to the announcing. I see way more...

Are we too critical??
Yep. This would have been an overwhelming poll. lol

The Shop

DoctorJD
1/14/2019 8:15am

Are we too critical??
Yes, and I've been beating that drum for years. Most of the people complaining live in a vacuum. By that, I mean that moto is their whole lives, and they don't have any other (sports) references to rely on. There have been sh*tty announcers all the way back to Howard Cosell and beyond. And yes, while he is widely revered a a great, in his day he was not very well liked.

I'm a huge college football fan, and I can tell you that Ralph and Ricky are announcing gods compared to some of these clowns that call the football games.

Doddy
1/14/2019 8:36am
Nah. I still think calling riders by their color of their bike every 30 seconds is too much for this guy. Every new person I have ever showed SX to felt as if they are being talked to like they themselves are idiots. My wife being one of them. It's like watching the NFL and being told what a touchdown was every week and having a segment about how much air goes into the football. It's beyond ridiculous. That's my take. Only throwing it out there because I have to hear it each week here.
DoctorJD
1/14/2019 9:01am
Doddy wrote:
Nah. I still think calling riders by their color of their bike every 30 seconds is too much for this guy. Every new person I have...
Nah. I still think calling riders by their color of their bike every 30 seconds is too much for this guy. Every new person I have ever showed SX to felt as if they are being talked to like they themselves are idiots. My wife being one of them. It's like watching the NFL and being told what a touchdown was every week and having a segment about how much air goes into the football. It's beyond ridiculous. That's my take. Only throwing it out there because I have to hear it each week here.
If I have one gripe, this would be it. There seems to be an over-emphasis on "teaching" the sport to the viewing audience. I assume this is by design. Supercross has been around for almost 50 years now, if you don't have the jist of it by now, you're not going to get it. Sure, if there's been a format change, take a couple of rounds to bring the casual fans up to speed, but we all know that Kawasakis are green.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
1/14/2019 9:03am
The calling the color of the bike is getting old, if its that important just take 30 seconds at the beginning of every show and do a show & tell of each brand and there color.

Post a reply to: Announcing in other sports

The Latest