Annnnd it's over......

Brett_Clark
Edited Date/Time 3/19/2022 11:21pm
Welp just like that this title is over. What a bummer for the season. Only thing I'm looking forward to now is hoping to see mookie pull off a win. Sucks all the top guys are out after an amazing series in just one race.
|
cable
3/12/2022 7:06pm
just like the mcgrath days..lol. Eli could get hurt or have a bike break. lots of races to go
Brett_Clark
3/12/2022 7:10pm
cable wrote:
just like the mcgrath days..lol. Eli could get hurt or have a bike break. lots of races to go
I don't put much into the eli getting hurt. He's one of the most durable riders to ever ride. I think he's only missed one race in his 450 career. He just has to mail it in and star gets their first 450 title. Bobby Reagan will have ET3 in bubble wrap during the week lol.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
3/12/2022 7:37pm
Honestly, I expect Eli to keep pushing his way up the record books for overall wins. He should catch and pass Reed if he keeps this up. Hell, he could still catch Ricky too this season. I know he was on a 1 year deal with an option for a second year next year. My guess is Eli keeps pushing as long as he's having fun, and it sure as hell looks like he's having fun. I'm pulling for him to get all the way to 2nd all time before he hangs it up. Doubt he takes any big risks and plays it smart when the tracks are sketch and he doesn't get a good start, then goes for it when he does get a good start and feels comfortable.
HusqFan3
3/12/2022 7:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2022 7:49pm
Welp just like that this title is over. What a bummer for the season. Only thing I'm looking forward to now is hoping to see mookie...
Welp just like that this title is over. What a bummer for the season. Only thing I'm looking forward to now is hoping to see mookie pull off a win. Sucks all the top guys are out after an amazing series in just one race.
I'm as die hard of an ET3 fan as there is and while I'm stoked he's in such a strong position, it's a bit of a bummer to lose some of the drama of a close title fight. But being consistent and keeping it on 2 wheels is critical to staying in the championship hunt and like it or not, he's the last man standing in the department.

The Shop

HusqFan3
3/12/2022 7:48pm
cable wrote:
I don't put much into the eli getting hurt. He's one of the most durable riders to ever ride. I think he's only missed one race...
I don't put much into the eli getting hurt. He's one of the most durable riders to ever ride. I think he's only missed one race in his 450 career. He just has to mail it in and star gets their first 450 title. Bobby Reagan will have ET3 in bubble wrap during the week lol.
Agreed. Everyone talks about Eli's does but he doesn't get near enough credit for his ability to stay healthy. Given the faster you go the greater the risk of injury, it's really nothing short of astonishing that he's really only had one major get off(2015 Thunder Valley). In a sport where they drop like flies by the week, it's pretty impressive.

So yea, anything is possible but i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for ET3 to injure himself on the bike.
Kmiller125
3/12/2022 7:56pm
cable wrote:
I don't put much into the eli getting hurt. He's one of the most durable riders to ever ride. I think he's only missed one race...
You realized he crashed out in 2015 in round three for the year right? Broke both shoulders. Other than that he’s done good at staying healthy
tomlopez
3/12/2022 7:57pm
TbonesPop wrote:
Honestly, I expect Eli to keep pushing his way up the record books for overall wins. He should catch and pass Reed if he keeps this...
Honestly, I expect Eli to keep pushing his way up the record books for overall wins. He should catch and pass Reed if he keeps this up. Hell, he could still catch Ricky too this season. I know he was on a 1 year deal with an option for a second year next year. My guess is Eli keeps pushing as long as he's having fun, and it sure as hell looks like he's having fun. I'm pulling for him to get all the way to 2nd all time before he hangs it up. Doubt he takes any big risks and plays it smart when the tracks are sketch and he doesn't get a good start, then goes for it when he does get a good start and feels comfortable.
100% agree, he's going to be an opportunist for the rest of the season. If he gets a good start and feels comfortable, he will go for the win. If he feels a bit sketchy, he will probably settle for a halfway decent position. I do see him getting multiple wins and passing Reed for 4th all time.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/12/2022 7:59pm
cable wrote:
Kmiller125 wrote:
You realized he crashed out in 2015 in round three for the year right? Broke both shoulders. Other than that he’s done good at staying healthy
He’s talking about SX
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
3/12/2022 8:13pm
Kmiller125 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
He’s talking about SX
If just sx I think he just missed on Anaheim round in 19 or 20 right? Or maybe he just crashed out. But he had a banged up shoulder and back I think
LoudLove
3/12/2022 8:17pm
It won't be long now. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/03/12/537822/s1200_20220312_204212.jpg[/img]
It won't be long now.
That’s an eye-opening list. Over his SX career Carmichael had to first dethrone MC, then fight Chad and James. Meanwhile, other than RC, none of Jeremy’s competitors made the top 13. Not sure if that’s a testament to McGrath’s dominance, or a lack of serious competition. Maybe a bit of both.
agn5008
Fantasy
256th
3/12/2022 8:24pm
Who would’ve thought that Mookie and Barcia are one injury away from battling for the title.
westeast
Fantasy
3rd
3/12/2022 8:27pm
Kmiller125 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
He’s talking about SX
soggy wrote:
If just sx I think he just missed on Anaheim round in 19 or 20 right? Or maybe he just crashed out. But he had a...
If just sx I think he just missed on Anaheim round in 19 or 20 right? Or maybe he just crashed out. But he had a banged up shoulder and back I think
In 2018 ET crashed out of A1 while leading and missed the round 2 in Houston.

I'm an ET fan so excited to see his championship prospects looking so good, but other than not wanting to see riders get hurt this definitely hurts the excitement factor for the rest of the season. ET will be tempted to play it safe and JA was riding well enough to challenge ET for the title if he could avoid any further mistakes.
HusqFan3
3/12/2022 8:51pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
He’s talking about SX
soggy wrote:
If just sx I think he just missed on Anaheim round in 19 or 20 right? Or maybe he just crashed out. But he had a...
westeast wrote:
In 2018 ET crashed out of A1 while leading and missed the round 2 in Houston. I'm an ET fan so excited to see his championship...
In 2018 ET crashed out of A1 while leading and missed the round 2 in Houston.

I'm an ET fan so excited to see his championship prospects looking so good, but other than not wanting to see riders get hurt this definitely hurts the excitement factor for the rest of the season. ET will be tempted to play it safe and JA was riding well enough to challenge ET for the title if he could avoid any further mistakes.
Agreed. Honestly tonight was possibly the first time all season i can confidently say he had more raw speeds than JA21. Other than a few bone headed moves and a couple that weren't his fault(see A1), Anderson was riding amazing this year. Was nice to see actually and this is coming from an ET3 diehard.
Xracer
3/12/2022 8:58pm
Has Eli even crashed the Yamaha yet?
ShipLap
3/12/2022 9:02pm
TbonesPop wrote:
Honestly, I expect Eli to keep pushing his way up the record books for overall wins. He should catch and pass Reed if he keeps this...
If Tomac 'wins out', he would have 49-SX wins.

Carmichael has 48 wins.
Stew has 50

Cool.
tomlopez
3/12/2022 9:12pm
Xracer wrote:
Has Eli even crashed the Yamaha yet?
At Minneapolis, he was put in the dirt by AP in a qualifying start, and he ran into Ferrandis that same night in the main. Both weren't his fault. He's been very much in control
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
3/12/2022 9:20pm
After the last couple of years I don’t think he would catch reed ,

I think he can catch bubba now
kpiper
3/12/2022 9:21pm
ShipLap wrote:
If Tomac 'wins out', he would have 49-SX wins.

Carmichael has 48 wins.
Stew has 50

Cool.
That just won't happen. Maybe he wins 2-3 more but he will play it very smart now.

Maybe we see a new winner next week.
CPR
3/12/2022 9:26pm
It won't be long now. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/03/12/537822/s1200_20220312_204212.jpg[/img]
It won't be long now.
LoudLove wrote:
That’s an eye-opening list. Over his SX career Carmichael had to first dethrone MC, then fight Chad and James. Meanwhile, other than RC, none of Jeremy’s...
That’s an eye-opening list. Over his SX career Carmichael had to first dethrone MC, then fight Chad and James. Meanwhile, other than RC, none of Jeremy’s competitors made the top 13. Not sure if that’s a testament to McGrath’s dominance, or a lack of serious competition. Maybe a bit of both.
True, but if you think about how much time 2nd, 3rd & 4th spent racing each other during their prime, then it puts McGrath’s record in perspective.
Tomac definitely belongs in that company though.
plowboy
3/12/2022 9:39pm
For whatever reason...Tomac just seems to be groovin'. His attitude at the moment reminds me of Ricky. "No worries...I got this".
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
3/12/2022 10:00pm
Well, you can bet your ass he's going to be the favorite in Denver (home race and likely already sealed up the C'ship by then), and we still have an "outdoor" style track in Atlanta where he excels, and he's been the best thus far in the triple crowns, so that would put him as the favorite in St Louis. If he then closes the deal on the championship early, you know he's going to be going for Wins. I would expect him to close it down and play it safe in Foxburough as the likely race where he wins the championship. I wouldn't put it past him to get 4-5 more wins this season given the way he's riding. Should definitely catch and pass Reedy.
lestat
3/12/2022 10:07pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2022 10:08pm
plowboy wrote:
For whatever reason...Tomac just seems to be groovin'. His attitude at the moment reminds me of Ricky. "No worries...I got this".
Ain’t that the truth . I think his competitors noticed that the last couple weeks as well . Eli was turning up the heat
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
3/12/2022 10:34pm
Well that'll teach those three to jump onto my fantasy team!
Crush
3/12/2022 10:38pm
It’s going to be really interesting to see how much longer he races after this.

I legit thought he was over it at Kawi, he might be here for 2-3 more years after this… dude seems happy.
3/12/2022 11:40pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2022 11:46pm
Welp just like that this title is over. What a bummer for the season. Only thing I'm looking forward to now is hoping to see mookie...
So Tomac achieved something incredible, on a new platform, and you’re bummed because you aren’t entertained “enough?” I guess it sucks to know the future.

Anderson, Stewart, and Barcia are still racing aren’t they?

Why don’t you write a letter asking for Barcia’s probation to be lifted? That should right this bummer of a season for you.
TrailMaker
3/12/2022 11:49pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2022 11:50pm
cable wrote:
Kmiller125 wrote:
2015 was quite a long time ago...and that crash was totally unnecessary. He was in P1 and gapping everyone. Eli probably learned a lot from that.... hence his lack of major get offs since.
3/12/2022 11:55pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2022 12:11am
It won't be long now.
I wasn’t aware that McGrath, Johnson, Ward, and Bradshaw won any 450 races.

I guess I wasn’t paying attention.

Did Glover win any?

Post a reply to: Annnnd it's over......

The Latest