Andy Bowyer replaced?

Did I hear right? Did Daniel Blaire replace Andy Bowyer on Supercross live? Does anyone have any inside info?
|
Starcrossed
3/1/2017 10:02am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2017 10:29am
No inside info, but Andy announced his departure on last week's SupercrossLive. Says he's going to be working on some other Feld project full time. Other thread says he wants to be home more.
3/1/2017 11:00am
I searched Andy Bowyer instead of Blaire. I should have searched a little more. Although I definitely think there is more to the story than what is being reported. RacerX interviewed him prior to the season & he was pumped for his 3rd season. Not to mention, people don't just quit an on air commentator job mid season. On a network or the internet.

The Shop

MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
3/1/2017 11:11am
He didn't really fit in that well imo
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/1/2017 11:23am
You guys can choose to believe what you want, but I talked to him before the press conference last week, and he was pretty well stuck on the story that he wanted to spend more time at home. Apparently soccer season is starting for one of his kids soon and he wants to be there, as well as the digital side taking more of his time.
3/1/2017 11:47am
GuyB wrote:
You guys can choose to believe what you want, but I talked to him before the press conference last week, and he was pretty well stuck...
You guys can choose to believe what you want, but I talked to him before the press conference last week, and he was pretty well stuck on the story that he wanted to spend more time at home. Apparently soccer season is starting for one of his kids soon and he wants to be there, as well as the digital side taking more of his time.
I hope so. I'm a Bowyer fan. As a dad who travels & has kids who play sports, I can relate. Your kids are only young once & that's time you can't get back. I get it. I just thought if there was more to the story this would be the place to find out. I appreciate your site.
3/1/2017 1:47pm
Bowyer did a good job. Good luck to him.
Good luck to him yes, but "Good job?" Not even close.

I'm sure he's a nice guy but that was painful to listen to.
Hattica77
3/1/2017 2:00pm
GuyB wrote:
You guys can choose to believe what you want, but I talked to him before the press conference last week, and he was pretty well stuck...
This.

My Digital Marketing position at Feld has grown too quickly to be on the road anymore, plus my oldest daughter starts "Soccer Saturday" next week. Tough decision, but one I was fortunate enough to make on my own.

I'm proud of my work on RDL, but I'm really stoked for Daniel. He's going to be great right out of the gate.
DC
3/1/2017 2:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2017 2:18pm
Andy,

Congrats on that move. Announcing is fun and going to the races is a blast, but raising your kids is even more of a blast and it happens so fast... That's why I quit my TV gig -- loved the work and the exposure helped the magazine but Vance was starting to hide my book bag every Friday because he didn't want me to go!

Good luck on your new gig, and I thought you did great on the shows. Enjoy raising those girls.

DC
SKlein
3/1/2017 2:24pm

Yes, I would agree he did a good job. Although I don't go searching for things to be pissed about so maybe that's why we have different thoughts.
Presley155
3/1/2017 4:12pm
I thought Andy did great. His passion for the sport runs deep. Best of luck to him on the new role and Rock Chalk!
j368
3/1/2017 7:16pm
I thought Andy did a good job.
Nighttrain
3/1/2017 7:56pm
Hattica77 wrote:
This. My Digital Marketing position at Feld has grown too quickly to be on the road anymore, plus my oldest daughter starts "Soccer Saturday" next week...
This.

My Digital Marketing position at Feld has grown too quickly to be on the road anymore, plus my oldest daughter starts "Soccer Saturday" next week. Tough decision, but one I was fortunate enough to make on my own.

I'm proud of my work on RDL, but I'm really stoked for Daniel. He's going to be great right out of the gate.
You did a good job, Andy. Smart move to spend time at home with the kids. Those moments can't be replaced and good fun to be had.
Nighttrain
3/1/2017 7:57pm
Hattica77 wrote:
This. My Digital Marketing position at Feld has grown too quickly to be on the road anymore, plus my oldest daughter starts "Soccer Saturday" next week...
This.

You did a good job, Andy. Smart move to spend time at home with the kids. Those moments can't be replaced along with great fun to be had.
motosurf
3/1/2017 8:04pm

Let's see you go out there and announce anything other than the A practices. Knowing who's who and what they're riding and who they're riding for, is a lot. On top of the nerves and being live with dudes like you listening waiting for something to critique. Bowyer did great and I liked him. I'd prefer him over Blair actually.
bents
Fantasy
710th
3/1/2017 8:19pm
GuyB wrote:
Hattica77 wrote:
This.

Great choice Andy,

Any parent will tell you the same and time as we all know is a very limited currency. If anyone has the choice to continue a great career and stay at home as much as possible, we all take it. Congrats on the new gig and great work with the previous one.
Matt Wozney
3/1/2017 8:29pm
Andy is good people. Nice work on RDL and best of luck with the new gig!
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
3/1/2017 9:05pm
Congrats on a successful run Andy, and great choice to be at home more for your family.
jeffro503
3/1/2017 9:45pm
Hey Andy...good luck with all the family stuff. It's the most important thing in the long run. And thank you for all the time you spent on RDL. Roost on brother!
3/1/2017 10:18pm
I always thought Andy did a great job on Race Day Live, definitely not easy to carry a show for 3-4 hours when there isn't always content for them to talk about. Not gonna be the same every Saturday without him! Good luck to whatever he decides to do in his future!
jk367
3/2/2017 12:15am
I thought he was pretty good. Wish him well
BobbyM
3/2/2017 12:37am
GuyB wrote:
Good for Andy... He knows his shit.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
3/2/2017 1:18am
RDL would be bloody hard to pull off for anyone on here. Don't fool yourself. Good job on both efforts Andy.
3/2/2017 1:54am
Please don't allow Daniel B to refer to Jim Holley by his first and last name constantly as Bowyer did....
Oh man that drove me nuts too!....never understood why he kept doing that?, I'm sure Jim knows his last name and i'm pretty sure that there was no other Jim's close Grinning

Was funny tho when Andy let slip the F.Bomb about Jeremy when they did not think it was still broadcasting live!.

Anyway, good luck Andy.
robkinuk
3/2/2017 2:48am
GuyB wrote:
Hattica77 wrote:
This.

Andy,
Enjoyed your comments and imput on RDL but children come first! it's time you can never get back and whilst working at the races may seem glamorous , it's the travel hassles, airport layovers and stuff that eventually grind you down!
Go have fun being a Soccer dad!
Hope our paths cross again in the future...........................................

Post a reply to: Andy Bowyer replaced?

The Latest